Materials Manager Resume
Summary : Organized, multi-task-oriented Materials Manager with over 25 years of cross functional manufacturing experience. Excellent background in MRP, capacity planning, scheduling, purchasing, shipping and receiving.
Skills : Certified Tow Motor Operator And Trainer, Lean Manufacturing, ISO, Inventory Management
- Supervise the purchasing and planning department while maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Develop the master production schedule and measure its performance while meeting finished goods goals.
- Enforce corporate and local procedures as well as developing changes to the same.
- Work with suppliers that fail to meet schedules and help them develop recovery schedules.
- Enforce the integrity of our as400 system through guidance and training of users and implementing good standardized work practices.
- Ensure all engineering changes and phase outs take place smoothly while working with the various disciplines that are involved.
- Reorganized the purchasing function, and created higher standards to better support operations.
- Performed abc analysis to control and reduce inventory per mrp requirements resulting in $400k of annual savings.
- Reduced air freight for inbound purchased materials through standardized work, layered auditing, and shortage reviews.
Materials Manager III Resume
Summary : Professional individual with 9 years of proven experience in planning, inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse and procurement functionality. Ability to achieve high productivity standards and quality of work. Effective team leader with the proven ability to manage resources efficiently, drive productivity, and ensure on-time deliveries. Work under limited supervision and within budgets and time constraints.
Skills : Materials Management, Supplier Development, Business Development, Lean Manufacturing, Operations.
Ensure consistent delivery for raw materials and components while achieving material cost reduction targets.
- Managed and created all production plans for the facility using a forecast, map and capacity planning.
- Handled the pm plan through the production schedule by planning what equipment would be worked on next.
- Scheduled and monitored the daily shipments based on customer demand averaging 98% on-time delivery to the customer.
- Managed all component and finished goods inventory to reduce or increase per customer demand and a $1million monthly inventory budget.
- Participated in the hiring, counseling and firing of employees for this location.
- Consumer products contract packaging company of primarily aerosol products.
Assistant Materials Manager Resume
Summary : Manufacturing professional focused on the ever-changing business environment. Extremely service oriented with a strong combination of intuitive and analytical abilities. Perceptive in identifying areas in need of improvement, with the foresight to develop and implement successful action plans. Consistently demonstrate knowledge and decision making abilities.
Skills : Materials Management, Production And Inventory Control Supervision, Production Planning, Master Scheduling
- Develop operationally and supply chain metrics to evaluate the efficiency of the various groups.
- Including receiving, disbursement, point-of-use fulfillment, and shipping, supplier on-time delivery, supplier quality, and production schedule attainment.
- Monitor adherence to budget by monitoring productivity, overtime and group spending.
- Develop and forecast budgets for the department yearly and forecast monthly (key indicators).
- Develop and lead projects including creating new schedules for production areas, new material flow throughout facility, and new facility layout.
- Responsible for the overall efficiency and metrics (safety, service, cost) for all materials operations.
- Interact with various stakeholders to ensure the organization of the materials is meeting customer expectations both internal and external.
- Integrate and develop new suppliers for insourcing and outsourcing of materials.
Materials Manager II Resume
Headline : To manage people, interface with customers and work with highly motivated associates within a successful organization offering both professional challenge and opportunity for advancement.
Skills : Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, Demand Solutions, Minitab
- Improved inventory accuracy to 98% by improving cycle count procedure and random count audits.
- Championed six sigma team with black belt engineer to improve bin accuracy from 85% to 95%.
- Reduced doh inventory levels to record lows by working with suppliers to reduce lead time and mocks.
- Reduced more spending by 25% or $100k annually with the implementation of VMI systems, internal inventory monitoring, and machine tooling procurement.
- Improved material flow through plants by implementing work center pou storage.
- Developed and promoted employees into roles of master scheduler, shipping supervisor and production, and inventory control supervisor.
- Worked with packaging engineer on implementation of a returnable program to replace expendable packaging, over $250k annual savings were realized.
- Successfully led plant expansion teams in the areas of shipping, receiving and material/dunnage flow.
Masters of Science
Operations And Materials Manager Resume
Summary : Seasoned professional with 20 years of management experience Mastery-level procurement skills, including business-to-business communications, vendor relations, and SAP proficiency Innovative in systems of best practices for leaders in purchasing in a variety of fields.
Skills : MS Office Suite, Materials Management, Inventory Management
- Supervised and directed purchasing functions such as product and service research, vendor selection, price, and contract negotiation and purchase order completion.
- Created scheduling parameters which reduced the total amount of changeovers while reducing finished goods inventory.
- Redesigned or created plant operations systems while reducing significant overtime and excess inventory.
- Directed materials management team, greatly improved customer relations and reduced inventory while increasing turns, implemented a new mrp and ordering system.
- Materials and quality manager created a purchasing and planning department where no defined systems or process were in place.
- Oversee material releases, shipping and receiving, customer relations, inventory control, and hands-on at multiple sites with mrp implementation.
- Managed all levels of material department's processes, responsibilities, and functions.
Inventory Control / Materials Manager Resume
Summary : Experienced materials management professional with background in shipping, receiving, inventory control, planning and scheduling, as well as material and supply procurement. Proven ability to drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and APICS concepts.
Skills : Lean Manufacturing Transformation, Kan Ban / Vendor Kan Ban, JIT, Theory Of Constraints, Procurement, Supervision
- Maintenance of safety stock levels for an entire surgical hospital, supporting seven surgical suites, two endoscopy, and nine inpatient rooms.
- Support and training of facility staff on effective management of inventory levels and direct management of supply chain staff.
- Oversee distribution of supplies from central supply to designated areas, as well as monitoring and stocking these areas
- Performing quality checks on product integrity and maintenance of expiration dates including disposition and return of an expired product.
- The overall integrity of implant log including three-way reconciliation between or log/vendor log/invoice.
- Actively participate in core leadership team meetings aimed at supporting management, co-workers and vendor/suppliers in support of hospital metrics.
- Preparation for the addition of new service lines in order to establish equipment and inventory needs as well as set-up and maintenance of preference cards.
Supply Chain Management
Division Materials Manager Resume
Summary : Extensive knowledge of inventory management practices and manufacturing processes. Strong computer systems background as it relates to operations planning and materials management functions.
Skills : CSCP APICS Certification.....Certified Supply Chain Professional
Work in conjunction with the business units and suppliers to identify new materials to be strategically sourced.
- Identified preferred suppliers, resulting in 20% raw material cost savings and single day lead times.
- Started vendor relationship management; scorecard, site audits, improved quality.
- Improved inventory accuracy from historic less than 50% to 94% corrected bills of materials.
- Eliminated material shortages make/buy decisions based on capacity and actual costs.
- Trained production control personnel, planned shop based on capacity mapped production control and order processing to create standard processes.
- Implemented and lead 5s program to dramatically improve flow in production.
- Enhanced usage of mapics ERP system and removed use of spreadsheets and individual planning tools.
Bachelor of Arts
Materials Manager I Resume
Objective : Proactive, entrepreneurial, supply chain professional with 5 years of experience in supply chain, production, quality and productivity, international trade and customs, project evaluation, projection and inventory management within professional Venezuelan environment.
Skills : Project Management, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Managed purchasing, planning/scheduling, inventory, logistics, shipping and receiving activities for an automotive parts manufacturer.
- Developed and implemented procedures to enable effective inventory transfers of all incoming and outgoing materials.
- Lead department supervisors and the workforce to achieve the goals set forth in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effectively managed the procurement of materials and services that fell within the scope of responsibility, while driving cost savings and developing long term relationships with the related suppliers.
- Delivered cost savings initiatives and a strong focus on inventory reduction while improving supplier lead times.
- Prepared and issued requests for quotations for assigned commodities and negotiated final price and terms and conditions.
- Acted as a liaison between the project team and supplier for all purchasing activities and expedited engineering and material deliverables as needed.
- Analyzed current market levels and delivery trends for commodities as well as furnishing technical data and financial analysis information of suppliers.
Bachelor of Science
General Materials Manager Resume
Summary : To utilize my training and experience in a challenging and rewarding position. Managing in the Purchasing, Scheduling or Materials Departments. Seeking an opportunity that will apply my background and skill set to contribute to the success of warehouse operations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management, As400, Purchasing, Materials
Description : Managed international computer hardware purchasing and material planning for five business groups including cisco systems, brocade systems, hp, and qhub logistics under one facility.Implemented warehouse, inventory control, logistics, shipping and receiving for land rig operations.Manage an electronics buyer, production planner, three warehouse clerks and a shipping clerk, as well as three inspectors and, twelve machinists.Manage all new material launches, pilot programs, and transfer work regarding supplier readiness.Review orders and autocad drawings to ensure non-stock parts are ordered and delivered in time to meet production schedules.Ability to solve practical problems by collecting data, establishing facts and draw valid conclusions. Purchased, planned and scheduled, and managed material control, engineering change and control, inventory control, shipping and receiving.
Materials Manager Resume
Summary : A high-energy, data-driven and effective Manager specialized in Materials with more than 11 years of proven experience in different manufacturing industries focused on achieving company's goals and team development.
Skills : SAP, Microsoft Office
Assures implementation of strategic sourcing strategies developed by division and enterprise strategic sourcing teams.Developed forecasting models, work instructions and order guidelines for primary materials.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of materials that promote efficiency and effective plant operations.
- Manage and improve the cost of goods in conjunction with sales to meet the annual budget.
- Determines production needs and manages material flows and inventory in the plant.
- Operations including shipping, receiving, and ensuring inventory levels are properly maintained and accurate.
- Responsible for developing a supplier quality assurance program and vendor relations.
- Coordinates with a general manager, to optimize the overall operation process.