Junior Outside Plant Technician Resume
Objective : Looking for a challenging job wherein the past experience can be utilized to its best efficiency and will give them opportunities to offer the finest skills, abilities, and knowledge. Seeking a challenging and growth career where one can utilize the skills and knowledge with the opportunity with the professional growth and excel by contributing towards the achievement of organizational goals.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Cisco Switches & Routers, RedHat Linux and Unix Admin
- Place aerial/underground copper and fiber cable. Perform various jobs with copper splicing and assist in fiber splicing.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations.
- Work with heavy-duty power equipment and small tools in the installation, repair, and maintenance of outside plant facilities.
- Test and repair copper pairs from cross box to support U-verse demand requirements.
- Planning Development and Placement of Fiber and Copper networks in San Diego, CA to include: FTTH, FTTB, fiber central office backbones, MDUs Knowledge and utilization of all Aerial and Underground right of ways.
- Skilled in workprint/blueprint schematic reading and comprehension, pole installation, copper and fiber aerial cable placement, cross box installation, V-RAD setup, and pole transfers, etc.
- Maintained and promoted professional relationships with other utility companies in emergency response situations. Volunteered for lateral assignment to Cable Splicing Technician in order to advance career and knowledge base. Conducted pre-surveys for new projects to determine labor and material needs for local management.
Jr. Outside Plant Technician Resume
Objective : To find a challenging position with a progressive company, in which one will be able to gain knowledge, and by the same token utilize the knowledge and skills. To use the technical knowledge and personal skills in providing an asset to the organization while also optimizing my talent and furthering the career on a steep learning curve.
Skills : Linux Administrator, Unix Administration, Database Management, Security, Windows Administrator, Information Assurance, Microsoft Office Suites, Engineering, Testing, Research, Development, Network Administration, Promina.
- Perform monthly scheduled maintenance on fiber nodes, system amplifiers, line extenders, and power supplies.
- Respond to and repair all video, internet, and V.O.I.P. Replace or repair all damaged hardline cables as needed.
- Utilize plant prints or trunk maps to effectively locate trouble call originations.
- Balance electronics in cascade using assigned meters, pads, and equalizers.
- Responsible for cable installation, cable locating, splicing, maintenance, trouble ticket repair and service orders for installation of services.
- Document and organize meeting occurrences for members Educate members on contract content Chief Safety Technician Organize & hold monthly safety demonstrations Safety foreman on job site.
- Coordinated with general contractors to plan the installation of telecommunication systems.
- Maintained and repaired fiber/copper networks in both underground and aerial locations Pre-wired apartment buildings and businesses for the telephone.
Outside Plant Technician - Entry Level Resume
Objective : Outside Plant Technician with an objective to obtain a telecommunications and networking position with a company that is seeking an individual with growth potential, unlimited willingness to learn, and eagerness to exceed expectations. To obtain a position of responsibilities that utilizes skill & experience and keen to work in an environment where one can enrich their knowledge.
Skills : FiberOptics, Plant design, AutoCAD, OTDR, TDR, Cable Locators, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft.
- Work with power equipment and small tools in the installation, repair, and maintenance of outside plant facilities.
- Receive work assignment sand instructions from the supervisor and/or through the use of a computer.
- Drive and operate company vehicles including hydraulic aerial lift (bucket) trucks.
- Connect wires and cables to terminals and attach or detach various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings or poles.
- Splice and test PIC and non-pressurized cable and make appropriate enclosures (including bolt-on waterproof and thermally applied shrinkable sleeving.) Review and interpret work orders, work prints and Company practices Climb poles, ladders and enters tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces and manholes to splice telephone cables and equipment Splice and test non-pressurized cables in aerial, underground, buried, building configurations, multiple conductor and coaxial cable from distribution terminals to the customer premises.
- Turns up, repair, rearrange, routines, troubleshoots and maintains copper plant.
- Mainly dedicating specific pairs to a specific address for the future expansion of U-Verse IP services.
Lead Outside Plant Technician Resume
Summary : Professional Lead Outside Plant Technician possessing over ten years of combined service under the United States Department of Defense. Expert in troubleshooting as a result of extensively diverse technological experiences with research, engineering, integration, test, physical security, information assurance, database management, administration support, logistics, and scheduling of use for complex Command, Control, Combat, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) environments in order to accommodate the needs of various customers of government and industry.
Skills : FiberOptics, Plant Design, AutoCad, OTDR, TDR, Cable Locators, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft.
- Review and analyze complex schematics using Bentley and Auto Cad to determine work to be done, methods, and sequence of tasks.
- Work with heavy-duty power tools in the constructing and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit, and pole lines.
- Perform various types of construction operations which all require heavy physical labor and lifting according to OSHA standards and practices.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all cable facilities to include conduit and pole lines.
- Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach or detach various kinds of hardware to a cable which are color-coded.
- Perform manual placement of copper or fiber in cable facilities, conduit, and pole lines., and Video services when necessary.
- Possesses knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and various state and local codes including G.O.
Bachelors of Science
Sr. Outside Plant Technician Resume
Summary : Sr. Outside Plant Technician well-versed in troubleshooting equipment and network problems. Analytical thinker who quickly and accurately diagnoses and repairs technical issues. Detail-oriented individual who pays close attention to clients' needs and strives to go above and beyond to provide service that meets their satisfaction.
Skills : Testing, Research, Development, Network Administration, Promina.
- Provided customers with the best possible installation of all services provided, to include telephone, internet, and cable television, all while maintaining all system specifications and procedures.
- Provided the subscriber with the best customer service, and promoted a good relationship between the subscriber and the cable company.
- Made various connections between the CO, Hubs, Cross Connects, and terminals to bring services across the fiber optic network to the customer's premise.
- Pulled cable, such as copper, twisted pair, optical fiber, and other cable types, and terminated cable on cross-connects, hubs, and routers.
- Climbed poles to run various aerial service wire to subscriber's premise to provide service.
- Terminated all types of cabling, including cat3, cat5, cat5e, cat6, coaxial, and fiber optic.
- Configured routers for residential as well as business customers.
- Also explained the use of and light maintenance procedures to ensure complete customer education and satisfaction.
Outside Plant Technician I Resume
Summary : To find a challenging position with a progressive company, in which one will be able to gain knowledge, and by the same token utilize the knowledge and skills so that they may be an asset to a deserving company. Seek an opportunity to grow professionally and empower oneself to manage increasing responsibility where one can show and enhance the skills and knowledge creation for the growth of the organization in the best possible way.
Skills : Fiber Optics and Copper Installation, Maintenace and Testing.
- Installing fiber optics and copper cable to provide telephone service.
- Placing, rearranging and removing outside telephone plant, including an aerial, underground, submarine, buried, block and house cables, poles and associated hardware fixtures and equipment.
- Connecting wires and cables to terminals and attaching and detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings or poles.
- Placing terminals and splicing cable as required.
- Inspecting, repairing and maintaining wire and cables or poles.
- Operating construction type equipment, such as winches, chain saws, hydraulic ariel lifts and using large hand tools in placing wires and related materials.
- Climbing poles, entering tunnels, buildings, trenches or manholes to accomplish job tasks.
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans Digging holes, placing poles, laying cable and conduit in the ground, unrolling cable and pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
Outside Plant Technician/Supervisor Resume
Summary : To utilize and apply the technical as well as professional skills and also enhance them. Aspires for a career in which beside a good experience there is an opportunity to learn. Seeking a position as a Telecommunications Engineer/Technician. To build a challenging and growth-oriented career in a highly motivated environment and to associate oneself with an organization where there is an opportunity to share, contribute and upgrade the knowledge for the development of self and organization served.
Skills : RF Test Engineer, FiberOptics, Plant design, AutoCAD, OTDR, TDR
- Served as Lead Technician on construction and maintenance of fiber optic networks and twisted-pair copper cabling including installation, splicing, and cable throws.
- Construction and maintenance of broadband hybrid fiber coax networks, including return path technology for upstream data transmission.
- Installation of ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling.
- Establish transmission paths to uplink facilities and provide technical support for live television broadcasts and event productions.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for locating cable faults along with theory-based problem-solving skills.
- Served as Lead Technician and Departmental Safety Representative.
- Mechanical skills including small engine pumps and electrical motors.
- Use a variety of machine tools including hand tools, torque wrenches, air tools, volt/ohmmeter, etc.
High School Diploma
Associate Outside Plant Technician Resume
Headline : Associate Outside Plant Technician with 5 years working for AT&T as a technician preparing the lines which included bonding, grounding, dedicating pairs to each physical location, and replacing peds and terminals as needed. To work in a professional environment, takeup responsibility and understand the business objective to work more effectively, always keeping the organization's goal as the priority and try to gain more knowledge and skills at the chosen profession that will further reinforce the career as well as standing within the company.
Skills : Truck Driving, Bulk Pneumatic Tank Operations, Cable Locators, UNIX, Linux
- Performed routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operated efficiently.
- Operated a wide variety of equipment including power saws, sanders, grinders, drill press, and basic hand tools.
- Followed standards and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Maintained positive relationships with all customers.
- Maintained compliance with company standards to perform all maintenance activities.
- Climbed poles to maintain cable and wiring.
- Placement / Removal of telephone poles in & out of power lines Climbing of poles on Gaffs Placement / Removal of strand & cable along with placing hardware to hold strand Manhole entry's to place cable & other hand hole work for underground utilities CDL Class A Flagging Certification for VDOT Lashing cable to bare strand or overlash to existing structure.
- Installed and dismantled high tension, heavy-duty gauge strand (pole to pole).
Outside Plant Technician Resume
Headline : Highly Dedicated Outside Plant Technician with extensive experience in working on major commercial, residential, and telecommunication projects with a track record of success in implementing controls that ensure quality assurance. Creative troubleshooter/problem-solver that works hard and loves a challenge. Proven relationship-builder with exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills and team working skills.
Skills : Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Email, Typing, Windows 7, Troubleshooting, Linux CLI.
- Work with heavy-duty power equipment and hand tools in the construction and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit, and pole lines.
- Load required tools and material into the assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission and drives or rides to work locations.
- Currently, hold a Class A Driver's License and participate in federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Receive verbal and/or written work orders and instructions from the supervisor.
- Review and analyze complex schematic drawings to determine work to be done, methods and sequence of tasks.
- Perform various types of construction operations which all require heavy physical labor and lifting.
- Follow standards and practices while meeting service deadlines.
- Perform housekeeping duties for assigned Company vehicles and various work locations for the safety of the employee and protection of the facilities under construction.
High School Diploma
Outside Plant Technician - Contract Resume
Summary : Versatile, reliable, and efficient Outside Plant Technician with 9+ years' experience supporting military and private sector enterprises. Proficient in Microsoft applications, Cisco networking, Registered cabling, Fiber termination, splicing, test and turn up. Diversified skills include Customer service, SONET, CCTV, and alarm systems. To work in the most challenging position with an organization that provides ample opportunities to learn, innovate and contribute.
Skills : Windows, Cisco, Active Directory, Computer Skills, Soldering, Lotus Notes, Outlook.
- Planning, installation, testing, maintenance & repair of the fiber optic & copper cable system on a secure military installation.
- Install, test, and remove all aerial, underground, and buried multi-purpose communications cables to include coaxial and fiber optic cables.
- Installing OSP termination devices and associated grounding/bonding installation of ducts and conduits.
- Performance Testing and test documentation of all communications links.
- Ensuring secure & reliable Voice, Data & Video services in a large-scale PBX/LAN/WAN environment.
- Performing MAC (Moves, Adds & Changes), equipment installation, OSP/ISP cable routing & termination (Cat-5e, Cat-6, fiber, coax).
- Making copper/fiber connections (RJ-11, RJ-45, ST, SC, and LC).
- Providing customer service, technical liaison, and site survey/cable infrastructure/network architecture information to ITT & U.S.
U.S. Air Force