Summary : Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide experience working in classrooms doing similar job duties that are described above. Also working on homework, class work, running centers, and dealing with behaviors whenever they occur. To obtain a responsible and challenging position which utilizes my knowledge and skills while exercising independent judgment and initiative focusing on youth and families with opportunities to update and improve programs and quality of life.
Skills : Professional Demeanor, Analytical Thinker, Critical Thinker, Strong Collaborator, Time Management, Positive Attitude
- Assisting students with class work, creating lesson plans, assigning homework, handling teacher/student conference, and reporting grades.
- Successfully improving student participation in the classroom through the integration of creative role-playing exercises.
- Implementing reading and writing workshops to increase student literacy and support school reading programs.
- Assisting in developing student-led after-school tutoring programs to teach underprivileged students.
- Collaborating with a team of faculty to develop after-school tutorial programs for students who need extra help.
- Developing and teaching lessons on relevant children's books, poems, movies, and themes to promote student interest.
- Identifying signs of emotional and developmental problems in children and reported findings worked with interdisciplinary team members to evaluate children's progress and recommend appropriate learning plans.
- Fostering reasoning and problem solving through active exploration games and activities.
- Monitoring students' educational progress with individual charts and files.
BS in Human Services
Special Education Paraprofessional/Substitute Teacher Resume
Summary : Dedicated Special Education Paraprofessional / Substitute Teacher eager to obtain a full-time teaching career. Offer a proven track record of commended performance teaching preschool, with a passion for education and an unwavering commitment to optimizing student and school success.
Skills : Creative Administrative Support, Critical Thinking, Self-starter, Computer Savvy Excellent Customer Service, Positive Attitude
- Supporting instructional programs and provide instructional assistance for students in individual and small group settings.
- Supervising and facilitating students in the classroom and a variety of settings that may include the lunchroom, playground, field trips, and extra-curricular activities.
- Helping and supporting students with special needs which may include emotional issues, self-help skills, fine and gross motor, visual, auditory, physical, medical and health needs, educational, pre-vocational and life skills in the least restrictive environment.
- Enforcing district policies regarding behaviors and discipline to help correct behavioral problems and meet behavioral goals.
- Collaborating and communicating with other special and regular educators and administrators with regard to academic and behavioral issues and observations.
- Providing suggestions, feedback, and support to building staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies regarding effective strategies for facilitating learning.
- Facilitating crisis intervention and assisting students with problem-solving techniques and conflict resolution.
- Assisting the school professional by helping with data collection, updating records and documentation while helping maintain student files and class records.
Bachelor's in Fine Art
Paraprofessional/Teachers Assistant Resume
Summary : Paraprofessional/Teachers Assistant with 28 years in the educational setting. I am a dedicated, focused, enthusiastic, individual who excels at prioritizing and completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. To obtain a position utilizing my excellent personal skills with abilities to assist in problem-solving, conflict resolution, leadership, customer service, and technical support skills. To obtain a position that will utilize my skills and abilities, expand my knowledge, and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Skills : Coaching, Quick Learner, Team Work ., Bilingual, Time Management, Positive Attitude, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Customer Service
- Assisting various teachers in the deaf/hard of hearing programming by taking small groups of students and teach them vocabulary, math, language, etc.
- Contacting technical support when student computers are not working, ordering office supplies.
- Coordinating with the school librarian in enrolling the deaf and hard of hearing students in the online school typing program.
- Initiated enrolling our students in the ixl online math/language program by creating their user identification and password.
- Followed through every week by helping them learn how to log in and guided them through the different academic programs.
- Answering phone calls, calling parents regarding absent students, filing student IEP's, etc. , and facsimile monthly attendance to various school districts.
- Providing input in selecting activities appropriate to the abilities, needs, and interests of the students.
- Assisting in maintaining the classroom in a functional, attractive and orderly environment (i.e. bulletin board, displays, posters, etc.).
- Assisting the teacher in complying with I.E.P requirements and objectives.
Associate in Applied Science
Paraprofessional/Teachers Assistant Resume
Objective : Demonstrated Paraprofessional/Substitute Teacher with experience in working with students and families to achieve improvements in academic performance. Background in working with children and adolescents with special needs related to behavioral and emotional disabilities. Skilled at working with school administrators, teachers, and parents to provide educational services.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Data Entry, Data Collection, Excel, Powerpoint, Typing 80+ WPM, Word
- Provided academic and behavioral supports to a student in order to facilitate inclusion in a general education classroom.
- Provided support to other members of the teaching and administrative staff.
- Implemented academic and therapeutic programming that reflected goals established in the student's IEP.
- Responsible for the collection of student data used to measure progress toward IEP goals.
- Performed routine tasks under the direct supervision of a certified teacher or teaching team.
- Participates in selecting, planning, organizing and evaluating.
- Performed classroom clerical operations under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- Helped supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom - includes lunchroom, bus and playground duty and movement of students from one classroom or one activity to another.
Masters in Education
Paraprofessional Teaching Assistant Resume
Summary : Effective Paraprofessional/Resource Educator with excellent oral and writing skills, outstanding time management skills. Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and pay attention to detail.
Skills : Customer Service, Written/Verbal Communication, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Scheduling, Business Database, Office Equipment, HIPAA Compliance
- Assisting in the instructional process by working with students individually or in small groups, supplementing regular instruction and implementing teacher-developed lesson plans under the direct supervision of an instructional staff member.
- Assisting in the preparation, organization, and use of instructional aides, materials, and technology as directed.
- Working with the teacher to reinforce positive learning and behavior patterns among students.
- Assisting students in the development of study skills necessary for learning and in the achievement of instructional objectives.
- Demonstrating understanding and respect for individual student culture and interests.
- Maintaining confidentiality and complies with laws and policies concerning the confidentiality of student information.
- Providing orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conducting instructional exercises assigned by the teacher works with individual students or small groups.
- Keeping the teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participating in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
AAS in General Studies
Middle Grades Paraprofessional Resume
Objective : Middle Grades Paraprofessional, driven to create an environment that promotes hands-on learning for children at all stages of the learning process. Friendly and energetic Paraprofessional with 2 years in assistant teaching in a public classroom environment. Motivated to help students learn and be happy, healthy and well-behaved. Paraprofessional versed in collaborating with teachers and parents to best meet each individual's unique needs. Attentive to the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of each student.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excell, Publisher, Leadership Development, Leadership Development, Organizational, Organizational Leadership, Creative Writing, Creative Writing
- Applied the positive reinforcement method to redirect negative behaviors.
- Conducted small group and individual classroom activities based on differentiated learning needs.
- Observed students to supply teachers with feedback regarding potential learning blocks and opportunities for support.
- Supplied one-on-one attention to each student, while maintaining overall focus on the entire group.
- Coached volleyball and basketball freshmen girls teams, assisted in the migrant program and encouraged migrant seniors to apply to various colleges and remain in school.
- Organized and implemented the discipline management program for junior high and high school students.
- Modified assignments to meet the personal needs of special education students.
- Assist teacher with distributing and collecting items such as homework, folders, handouts, and tests.
- Observed and track student performance providing extra assistance to help children master assignments and reinforce learning concepts.
- Help students in the use of measuring instruments, woodworking machine tools, and other equipment as required.
MA In Education
Paraprofessional Educator Resume
Objective : Exceptional Paraprofessional/Substitute Teacher, talented at, multitasking, learning new things and fitting in. Technically-savvy with outstanding relationship building, training and presentation skills. To secure a position with a well-established organization with a stable environment that will lead to a lasting career. To obtain a position where I may utilize my managerial, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills in a professional setting.
Skills : Paraprofessional, Management, Education Technician Daycare, Record Clerk, Communication
- Responsible for implementing program objectives as part of a teaching team, providing support to the master teachers with all classroom activities.
- Implementing curriculum, supervising children, communicating with parents, and providing a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Supporting at least three children with diagnosed developmental disabilities and may work with multiple classrooms and sites.
- Following through with activities, materials, in alignment with the children's IEP goals throughout the entire school day.
- Participating in monthly paraprofessional training and monthly paraprofessional meetings.
- Participating in all scheduled in-house training throughout the school year.
- Organizing and supervising games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Preparing lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
Paraprofessional Aide Resume
Headline : Paraprofessional/Teachers Assistant with deep experience with hands-on special needs paraprofessional duties for ages newborn-adults. Proven ability for learning, integrating and establishing efficacy skills learned in training. Entrepreneurial drive for creating or improving efficiency and developing time-saving methods. To work towards achieving the greater success in my career through hard work, consistency and the ability to work with others to achieve organizational goals and aims.
Skills : Student Schedules, Behavior Plans, Substitute Plans, Daily Schedules, Daily Learning Goals, Searching For PECS To Assist Students, And More.
- Achieved a significant level of expertise and training participating in project para, which tested skills and knowledge of the paraprofessional position.
- Praised by management for efforts to improve student scores and behavioral skills.
- Significantly reduced student and teacher stress by being prepared and organized.
- Nearly a decade of accumulated experience for undertaking unexpected situations.
- Presented subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Observed students' performance, and recorded relevant data to assess progress.
- Instructed and monitored students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Discussed assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Tutored and assisted children individually or in small groups to help those master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
A.A. in Child Development
Paraprofessional I Resume
Summary : Seasoned Paraprofessional I with a talent for gaining the trust and confidence of students and guardians. Seeking a full-time position with a school where student success and well-being are the top priorities. Reliable and determined worker with experience in customer service, technological equipment, and record keeping. A clear and effective communicator skilled in time efficiency and management techniques.
Skills : Administrative Support, Advanced MS Office Suite, Customer Service, Excellent Communication, Excellent Interpersonal, Results-oriented, Team Player, Excellent Planner, And Coordinator
Educated the parents and guardians on the importance of complying with all state agencies regulations.Developed techniques for parents to use in order to comply with state government agency regulations on providing safe, healthy and clean home environments for children.Contracted to worked on referrals sent by the child protective and youth services agency.Always worked with family member to ensure that we were on the same page with the highest level of care.
- Communicated nonverbally with children to provide them with comfort, encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Created strategies to meet the needs of mentally and physically disabled students.
- Led activities that developed students' physical, emotional and social growth.
- Gave one-on-one attention to students, while maintaining overall focus on the entire group.
- Organized the instruction material, including constructing bulletin boards and setting up work areas.
Bachelor Of Science
Summary : Dependable, energetic Paraprofessional/Vocational Tutor seeking a position within a company that'll provide me professional growth. To obtain a teaching position as a Mild-Moderate Intervention Specialist in a K-12 setting where I can increase the interest and skills of education to students. Reliable, dependable, and hard-working, with effective communication skills. Eager to learn with the ability to adapt quickly to a challenge. Able to work in an environment both as a team player and independently.
Skills : Teacher Paraprofessional, Customer Service, Administrative Support, Record Keeping, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Worked with consumer ages 7-18 years old that was emotionally disturbed, had aggressive behaviors, mental illness and some that had substance abuse issue.
- Coordinated and monitored services through the provision of direct and indirect services to eligible consumers.
- Work with team leads to develop their person-centered plans and meeting consumer goals and objective.
- Reviewed files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Complied with all governmental regulations regarding the care of children.
- Submitted paperwork and weekly progress reports of 20 children for review.
- Reviewed lessons with students to ensure understanding and provide remediation.
- Submitted paperwork and weekly progress reports of 20 children for review.
- Enforced policies and regulations as established by the board and professional staff often assisted medical staff in situations where a patient needed to be restrained.