Parent Educator Resume
Objective : Over ten years of Customer Service Experience. Demonstrated capacity for resolving customer complaints and issues. Previous experience with recruiting and training. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records.
Skills : Proficient with the Microsoft office suite, Parent Educator, Service Coordination, Behavior Modification, Early Intervention.
- Worked closely with clients during one-on-one sessions with active involvement from the parent and child to increase parenting skills and child readiness for school.
- Conducted several group meetings for parents involved in the home visitation program, providing them with useful information on child development.
- Prepared confidential reports concerning home visits with clientele including: attendance records for group meetings, additional agency events, screening summaries, and all other essential records required by the home visitation program, ensuring full compliance with agency requirements and confidentiality guidelines.
- Actively recruited families to participate in the home visitation program.
- Assisted in the development of a recruiting strategy for business: Created a pamphlet, using Microsoft Publisher, to advertise the organization's services to the community.
- Support families in seeking appropriate resources based on the results of screenings when needed.
- Skills Used Case management, Microsoft Office, Organizational skills, Customer Service, Listening skills, Ability to work independently.
Certified Parent Educator Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Parent Educator with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Bilingual-Spanish Word Excel PowerPoint Data Entry.
- The Healthy Outcomes through Prevention and Early Support program required home visits with at risk Spanish and English speaking families of Hidalgo County.
- Analyzed intakes to have a better understanding of the families.
- Based home visits on family's availability and accommodated family's needs, Independently observed, documented, and completed data entry of home visits.
- Established rapport in regards to child's current development and home environment.
- Partnered, facilitated, and reflected with parents to address issues or concerns whilst providing support.
- Planned home visits in order to focus on parent-child interactions, development-centered parenting, or family well-being.
- Provided activities that would allow strengthening and early education preparedness in the motor, language, cognitive, and social-emotional domains.
- Conducted case management while ensuring community resources to the families.
Bachelors Of Science
Parent Educator II Resume
Headline : Results-oriented and Client focused professional with 10 Years of working experience including 5 years in children services and 5 years demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to grasp and master new skills while being equally successful in both team and self-directed environments. Experienced in the areas of filling, documentation management, plan writing, parent education, and personal service coordination.
Skills : Punctual, Ability to work in fast paced environment, Ability to meet and exceed goals, Flexibility in work schedule, Ability to work independently and as a team member,Proficient in Microsoft Office Software.
- Promoted the health of pregnant and postpartum women and their children through home visitation program.
- Conducted home, clinic and telephone visits on a weekly basis.
- Taught problem-solving skills and assisted families in setting goals and developing a plan of action to reach goals.
- Informed clients of community resources and quickly referred them so families could be restored.
- Worked with individual parents and small groups of parents teaching child development curriculum.
- Organized and taught parent-child interaction, developmental centered parenting, and family well-being activities on a weekly basis.
- Assessed and taught child stages of development through developmental screenings and informed parents of concerns or potential delays.
- Communicated regularly with parents about program events, training and classes through emails, flyers and telephone calls.
Parent Educator III Resume
Summary : Certified Domestic Hotline Volunteer, I have taken workshop in suicide prevention; I also have my NY certification as a teaching assistant. I would like to work with people who suffer from low self esteem, and who need healthy assertiveness skills. Mostly women and teen girls who are under domestic violence situation.
Skills : Certified Teaching Assistant, Certified Domestic Violence Hot line Volunteer, Cooking,have worked in hotels as a housekeeper.
- Educated parents on services in their area as identified by Department of Family and Children Services.
- Provided guidance to clients for community resources.
- Handled in Home Counseling and Assessments.
- Initiated the gathering and analyzing of information collected during counseling sessions with clients.
- Demonstrated ability in contacting the Department of Family and Children Services with the progress of clients.
- Assisted clients with job placement and other assistance services that was provided by the community.
- Coordinated necessary requirements while working with "at risk" families and devising an effective plan of action for them to become compliant with the Department of Family and Children Services.
- Helped in the identification and recruitment of families most in need of family literacy services.
Specialist In Counseling
Parent Educator I Resume
Objective : Seeking a position within a growth oriented company that will allow me to utilize my academic, counseling, and case management skills.
Skills : Outstanding Skill In Assessing Clients' Needs Using Assessment Tools And Clinical Interviews.
- Performed needs assessments on birth parents in order to determine clinical and support services needed to help with reunification process.
- Coordinated and scheduled psychiatric evaluations and medication management (if necessary).Referred clients for any therapeutic, housing or other support services deemed necessary.
- Provided outreach services to parents and extended families of children in care.
- Shared essential information about children and their families with care managers and foster caregivers.
- Worked as a member of the interdisciplinary team, with mutual respect, to ensure well-defined rights, responsibilities, rewards, and resources.
- Monitored and supported visits between children and parents.
- Provided transportation for children and families to visits, activities, appointments, and services.
Senior Parent Educator Resume
Headline : Ten years of strong work experience and an innate ability to adapt to new situations while maintaining an enjoyable work environment.
Skills : Powerpoint.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular home visitation sessions with participating parents and their children to deliver a curriculum designed to teach basic parenting skills and child development.
- Provide classroom instruction and community education related to program.
- Promote community awareness of programs through presentations to community, church, civic and school groups and through use of local media.
- Collaborate with community partner agencies to access services for participating families.
- Complete required paperwork, documentation and grant reports for home visitation and school based programs.
- Attend any required meetings planned by grant giving agencies.
- Coordinate activities of volunteers who may be available to provide services for the program preparation Evaluate program effectiveness.
Junior Parent Educator Resume
Objective : Highly motivated SQL server Developer with Six Years of IT Experience in Database and Business Intelligence Technologies with expertise on Reporting using SQL Server SSIS and SSRS. Experienced in Installing, Upgrading, and Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins. Experience in optimizing the queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Database Management, Typing, Spanish, Case Management, Written Communication, Construction, Community Outreach.
- Implement a parenting education curriculum to foster an individual's parenting skills.
- Designing and facilitating parent and child interactive literacy activities as well as planning other seminars and classes.
- Present relevant information on child development, language, motor and social skills and model appropriate verbal interactions, communication techniques and discipline techniques with a child.
- Encourage families to attend sessions regularly Professional Experience Continued for a prescribed amount of time to meet their goals.
- Work with parents to determine their needs for future parent education sessions.
- Screen children for cognitive, motor and health development throughout the program.
- Familiarity with the community and community support agencies.
Bachelors Of Science
Jr. Parent Educator Resume
Summary : To obtain a career in social work emphasizing in mental health that will help bring stability and education to those in need.
Skills : Case Management, Education.
- Conduct weekly (90 minute minimum) home visits with all enrolled families to improve parenting skills and to help them provide learning activities that enhance their child's growth and development.
- Provide home visits that meet all Early Head Start regulations.
- Organize bi monthly socializations with other Parent Educators and facilitate parent and child attendance.
- Conduct family assessments with each parent to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop an individualized family partnership agreement with parents that includes educational goals for the child, goals for the parent and follow up information.
- Participate, and assist parents in participating in the development of program goals.
- Assist parents in accessing quality child care services.
Master In Social Work
Parent Educator Assistant Resume
Summary : Compassionate RN, BSN providing remarkable skills in developing rapport, accurate assessment of patient needs, and profound education on a variety of disease processes. Adept at organizational skills, time management, and team coordination. Certified in Basic CPR.
Skills : Budget Management, Data Management, Program Management, Relationship Management, Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, Recruitment, Assessments/Evaluations, Advanced Mathematics, Microsoft Office, Group Facilitation, Presentation Skills, Organizational Skills.
- Assessment of multi-cultural families' educational needs regarding child development.
- Delivery of in-home services to meet those needs based on the educational level of the family.
- Health and developmental screenings for children age 6 months to 6 years.
- Member of early childhood team to evaluate needs of children with developmental concerns.
- Organized 30+ community services to participate annually at a health fair designed to educate on available community services and facilitate the use of those services.
- Developed a weekly curriculum for story hour to enhance children's learning and enjoyment of books.
- Earned a reputation as a reliable and conscientious worker.
- Annual evaluation always deemed as exceptional.
Bachelors In Nursing
Parent Educator Associate Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that allows me to service the needs of under privileged youth, disadvantaged adults and but not limited to the special needs population. To help them develop intellectually, emotionally and socially.
Skills : Organizational Skills, Word, Cash Handling, Customer Service Skills, Clerical, Event Planning, Public Speaking, Data Entry, Filing, Phones, Powerpoint, Excel, Management, Typing, Multi-Line Phone System, Telecommunications, Copy Machine, Fax.
- Led Family Management Division for Adult Literacy program.
- Wrote and presented program information to teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Designed curriculum and taught a variety of topics to newly arrived immigrants with children attending school.
- Topics included nutrition, literacy, personal safety, parenting, accessing community resources, health, and legal issues.
- Conducted home visits and worked with parents and classroom teachers on literacy projects.
- Met individually with parents to set educational goals for themselves and their children.
- Previous experience as a Teacher of the Hearing Impaired and in diagnostic testing, evaluation, speech therapy for hearing-loss children.
B.S. In Speech Pathology
Parent Educator Supervisor Resume
Objective : Highly motivated, goal-oriented, versatile; supportive of outreach efforts and committed to help enhance the social development within the family environment and community. I am flexible with genuine interpersonal and communication skills which enables me to foster meaningful relationships with students, parents, clients, and staff. I have assisted with coordinating recruitment activities by educating the community and linking with other community base programs.
Skills : Counseling, Program Managment, advisement, therapy, recruitment,.
- Participated in planning and implementing of recruiting activities to generate interest and participation in the Parents As Teachers Program.
- Recruited and serviced prenatal mothers and children zero (0) to five (5) years of age.
- Scheduled and provided monthly home visits.
- Visited with healthcare providers and early childhood educational programs for recruitment purposes.
- Provided evidence-based curriculum and emotional support to families.
- Administered the necessary assessments for evaluating the needs of participants.
- Initiated the appropriate referrals to provide services of identified needs.
- Coordinated and provided presentation of monthly topics for Group Connections.
Certificate Of Achievement
Parent Educator Resume
Objective : To gain experience and to further my career within your company. I'm focused on developing comprehensive family and child-related programs and services. I am a goal-oriented professional with strong leadership capabilities.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Open Office Spread Sheet, and internet.
- Develop and implement appropriate and culture-specific learning activities for children and their families.
- Educated families on topics of parenting, child development, and family life.
- Maintained an updated record of clients as per professional standards and other constraints.
- Collaborated and attended meetings with local social services, staff members, and parents.
- Made adjustments to course program according to the requirements of the participants.
- Appointed program manager for reviewing the course curriculum and lessons.
- Maintained coordination with other community programs.
- Provided assistance to paraprofessional for parenting programs for adults and children.
M.S. In Leadership