Purchasing Clerk Resume
Headline : 10+ years of successful experience in customer service and support with strengths in problem-solving, follow-up, courtesy and anticipation of customers' needs Proficient in data entry/computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) BOSS, Oracle and the QAD ERP System Motivate, train and guide other customer service representatives.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Oracle, ERP, Customer Service, Data Entry, Order Processing.
- Prepare food and beverage purchase orders for banquet events as outlined on the BEO.
- Attend daily Menu Meeting and communicate with the Executive Chef or Chef on duty, restaurant outlets and cafeteria.
- Oversee the operation of the beverage storeroom, ensure inventory meets Hilton beverage standards, review and fill department requisitions, process invoices on a daily basis, work with vendors to ensure timeliness of delivery and products readily available when needed.
- Oversee the operation of the food storeroom to ensure proper food rotation, dated and freshness, cleanliness of the area and practice food and beverage sanitation principles.
- Update master inventory sheets and department's requisition, conduct month-end inventory for food and beverage storerooms.
- Ensure all deliveries are to hotel specifications in accordance with receiving records, purchase orders, and pricing including non-food items and deliver to departments.
- Meet with vendors to help bring in different products to improve cost efficiency.
- Maintain file and record management of invoices, requisitions and purchase orders and follow up with Finance to ensure accurate financial reporting data.
Shipping And Purchasing Clerk Resume
Objective : Performance-driven accounting professional with extensive experience in all areas of accounting function. A true problem-solver that displays initiative and assumes responsibility with ease. Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make thought out decisions. Well organized and detail-oriented professional that seek work through completion.
Skills : Accounting.
- Ensured the purchasing functions of company products were completed within established timelines to meet optimal freight rates and time in transit Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with vendors as they relate to day-to-day purchasing and operational activities.
- Serve as a strong and continuing member to the company's supply chain efforts.
- Efficiently worked with internal and external contacts to resolve product availability and order issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintained daily purchasing activities related to setups e.g.
- Blanket POs, sourcing rules, ASL's, templates, etc., maintenance, creation, and process testing (as needed).
- Worked with procurement management and supervisors to ensure effective and efficient completion of procurement activities in an ethical and productive manner.
- Prepared and edited purchase orders and transmitted to vendors via EDI, phone, fax, web, other as well as follow-up to ensure that purchasing activities have been completed.
- Reported any errors and discrepancies as well as managed backorder dates, re-orders, and return processes of orders and products.
Masters In Accounting
Purchasing Clerk Assistant Resume
Objective : Accomplished and energetic Clerk with a solid history of achievement in Purchase Orders. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include PO's, Kronos and Extra Duty Pay, budget transfers, prepare travels for Coordinators.
Skills : MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook Several database programs Experienced in managing confidential data Processing shipments through E-2 systems, UPS and FedEx.
- Controlled an annual budget in access of $1,500,000 at a plastic manufacturing plant.
- Purchased supplies to keep the plant running including but not limited to plastic pellets, boxes, maintenance supplies, production supplies, cleaning supplies, and office supplies.
- Conducted wide spread inventory of the raw materials, boxes, etc once a month.
- Determined if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials daily.
- Worked closely with vendors contracted by our corporate office.
- Located suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Compared prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers Prepared purchase orders and sent copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Contacted suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
High School Diploma
Purchasing Clerk/Supervisor Resume
Objective : Exceptionally to detailed, organized, and professional with unique ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously. Proven competencies as an office administrator with the ability to empower others and consistently leverage organizational capabilities to facilitate well-run and streamlined office operations. Deliver outstanding results, leading to increased levels of responsibilities.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Experience communicating across various business functions Ability to work independently and as part of a team Strong and persistent work ethic Flexible: Always willing to learn and take on new tasks to improve my performance.
- Provided value-added purchasing and operational support to general office of a mid-size manufacturer of metal springs and stampings.
- Achieved ISO/TS 16949:2002 Internal Quality Auditor certification and performed bi-annual internal audits to adhere to ISO standards.
- Initiated competitive-bidding process for purchase orders, resulting in an average 25% cost savings.
- Administered economic order quantities and blanket order for 30% cost savings, attaining optimal inventory maintenance.
- Expedited average 25 purchase orders weekly and tracked all incoming shipments to satisfy demanding customer schedules and production needs.
- Reconciled 200 purchase orders with invoices for customer payments on a weekly basis, exceeding all accounts payable deadlines.
- Created electronic computerized process for tracking and reporting orders, resulting in 25% time reduction and real-time data for all four departments.
- Skilled at using ASTMA manuals to determine product specifications.
Bachelor Of Arts
Purchasing Clerk Associate Resume
Summary : Strong background in customer service; hard-working team player with great communication and interpersonal skills; detail-oriented and enjoys challenging tasks.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Quick Books, SAGE 200, and CalMapp.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
Purchasing Clerk/Specialist Resume
Objective : Proven management professional with demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. Excels at providing exemplary customer service, training/mentoring new employees and achieving company goals. Energetic and goal-oriented with a focus on great leadership.
Skills : Microsoft word, Computer, Microsoft word, fax.
- Coordinated team that created a purchasing procedure to ensure consistency of all purchases and reinforce the accountability of approving managers for their departments' budgets.
- Standardized a list of approved products that departments can choose from to purchase.
- Since its implementation 3 months ago this new procedure has created results of a 25% reduction in overall expenses throughout all departments.
- Coordinator of clinical value analysis team that is in charge of evaluating new products and deciding whether product will make it to trials or be rejected.
- Determine best suppliers based on various factors including price, availability, and quality.
- Negotiate contract terms with supplier such as pricing, shipping, payment, etc.
- Track the status of orders, contracts, and purchasing agreements.
- Monitor that construction projects stay within budget.
Junior Purchasing Clerk Resume
Objective : Accounts Receivable Clerk role is to support the Accounting Department by performing accounts receivable functions, including contacting delinquent customers via phone/email to past due accounts to secure payment, assisting with printing arrangements reviewing account histories with customers ,posting payments, credit memos and adjustments with other clerical duties.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
High School Diploma
Purchasing Clerk II Resume
Objective : Worked with people for may years. And I m looking for work that would use my personality to use on someone having a bad day or just not feeling good. I wanna work with a company that would let me work helping others.
Skills : Microsoft office word, Excel, access, powerpoint, bookkeeping, outlook, scanning, faxing, other office related equipment.
- Review submitted requisitions to verify that appropriate approvals and authorizations have been obtained prior to entering the purchasing process.
- Collect any compiled information (bids, specs, ect) for review.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service quotes/bids and/or product specifications.
- Identify the best source to obtain needed materials based on price, availability and company needs.
- Determine using purchasing history as well as new research to key vendors to contact request bids and quotes from.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and verify pro forma invoices and order confirmations for accuracy.
- Maintain database of historical purchasing data for companywide purchases.
- Ensure that processed orders are filed for reference once the order is satisfactorily complete.
B.S. In Animal Science
Purchasing Clerk III Resume
Summary : Seeking employment in a fast-paced environment that will utilize my excellent technological skill as well as great customer service and communication skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, German.
- Professional buyer, experience in purchasing and sourcing wide variety of products.
- Acquire new vendors, set up accounts, negotiate terms and maintain vendor relationship.
- Maintained close working relationships with vendors to problem-solve and improve service.
- Obtained best prices/goods and raw materials- Negotiated best price with the supplier.
- Negotiated with each supplier regarding prices, delivery date, and quantity available.
- Review purchase requisitions, drawings and specs; send RFQ based on materials needs, shop capabilities; negotiate goods and/or services that create the best value based on price, deliverability and quality.
- Review MRP system to calculate current inventory levels and place orders accordingly.
- Balance credit card statements monthly for all purchased parts.
Purchasing Clerk I Resume
Objective : To utilize my experience in a position that will be beneficial and rewarding to a growing and productive Company. I have managed to absorb a wide range of business experience in Purchasing/Accounts Payable, Office Management, and Human Resource.
Skills : Medical terms. Speak spanish.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and those goods meet specifications.
Purchasing Clerk/Warehouse Clerk Resume
Summary : Over 10 years of experience in Procurement and over 20 years in Customer Service, there is much I can offer to this company. I have dealt with various internal and external customers on a daily basis. I am confident that together with my skills and experience will enable me to make a difference to your company.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Office Equipment.
- Performed basic accounting and bookkeeping associated with procurement and department funds in support of Production Department accounting staff.
- Monitored budgets for expenditure appropriateness and sufficient funds.
- Served as principle resource for the City of Douglas procurement policies and procedures.
- Assisted staff by coordinating comprehensive departmental purchasing activities.
- Served as primary point of contact and liaison with vendors for orders, bids, and specifications, tracking; maintained documentation and performed other related transactions.
- Coordinated approval process for major purchases (> $10,000) in conjunction with the Department Administrator.
- Performed accounts receivable and payable tasks; audited travel and hosting.
Purchasing Clerk Resume
Summary : Responsible, results oriented, good team player Industrial Engineer with 6 years experience in purchasing and planning area in manufacturing. Creative in problem solving and multi-tasking projects. Bilingual in English and Spanish. Ability to develop excellent, productive working relationships with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
Skills : Microsoft Office Edmunds System, Supply Management, Customer Service, Vendor Relationships, Excellent Organizational Skills, Maintance Of Purchase Orders And Vendor Files.
- Data entry of purchase orders, vendor information and requisitions.
- Generated purchase orders, filed purchase order copies and distributed appropriate paper work to various departments.
- Prepared purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtained recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtained approval from requisitioning department.
- Applied appropriate budget codes in database.
- Billed vendors for services and corresponded with vendors regarding payment status.
- Obtained purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Maintained supply inventory and distributed ordered supplies to all departments.
- Organized and maintained documentation so that it could be easily accessed.