Recreation Specialist Resume
Objective : Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Inventory once a month, opp orate forklift.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and implements a community service program within a specific section of the Community Services Department.
- Plan, staff, supervise, coordinate, and implement a program requiring developing an activity-based curriculum of age appropriate social, educational, and recreational activities.
- Organizes transportation services; coordinates excursions, off-site activities, and special events; serves as on-site supervisor to ensure safety, well-being, and accountability for school age children.
- Coordinate and supervise operation of a multi-use City facility including scheduling City programs and contract classes; may develop and maintain complex scheduling and permitting activities.
- Serves as liaison to facility rental patrons to provide facility information and to explain and implement facility rules.
- Responds to and resolves inquires and concerns from participants, parents, facility patrons, and general public.
- Identifies maintenance and safety problems; submits maintenance orders and coordinates repair work; performs minor maintenance tasks.
- Participates in program budget preparation; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for assigned programs; monitors expenditures.
Recreation Specialist III Resume
Headline : To have a job that would enable to use talent and skills as well as contribute to organization's goals and which would provide excellent opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.
Skills : Supervisory Skills, Cash Management, Customer Service.
- Multigenerational Center, Wellness Center Collects, records, and deposits all fees for use of facilities, special events, programs & organized sports.
- Help organize special events by creating advertisements, powerpoints, & holding team meetings for all personnel involved.
- Supervise special event functions hosted by the Parks & Recreation Department ie: parades, Santa in the park, haunted house.
- Supervises and trains assigned staff; coordinates work schedules and monitors workflow; ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service and open communications with community members and other guests.
- Plan, organize and implement activities for the recreation division ie: summer recreation.
- Assists in planning, registration and organizing events for the Bust A Move Dance program.
Recreation Specialist/Analyst Resume
Objective : Highly Knowledgeable and Motivated Fitness Graduate Seeking Athletic and Fitness Employment. Experienced with both Personal and Group Instruction Training. Student of craft for 12 years,
Skills : Microsoft Excel.
- Lead activities with groups of 5-30 soldiers Our mission was to teach the importance of teamwork and the essential functions that are necessary for doing that.
- Brief every activity and follow with an after action review to better understand what is working and what needs improvement in our programs.
- Activities included but were not limited to hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, white water river rafting.
- Circulate among patrons to assure service is satisfactory and everyone was comfortable Assists patrons in checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, and teaching classes on how to use them.
- Plan, conduct, publicize and arrange special events, social activities, tournaments, and related functions to promote outdoor recreation in the military community.
- Monitor inventory and condition of items on hand.
- Coordinate with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available insufficient time to conduct program activities.
Recreation Specialist II Resume
Headline : Nine years of experience that has developed crossover management and leadership abilities. Experience in budget creation and execution; event planning; contract management; grant writing; program development and evaluation.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Typing, Office Equipment, Recreation Program, Registration Software.
- Organized, coordinated, promoted, and implemented programs, activities and events for Department of Parks and Recreation leisure services building.
- Organized front desk area Maintain facility inventory Meet all guest and customers Worked with building maintenance engineers to help maintain the facility Provided program planning, supervision and leadership for youth and adult programs.
- Supervise staff of program coordinators, instructors, temporary workers and volunteers.
- Maintain building bulletin boards Planned and executed Ward- wide health fairs.
- Recruited and supervised personal trainers and fitness room attendees.
- Facilitated exercise programs for adults and seniors.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and public relations skills, while effectively working with participants, parent partnerships, employees, and the general public to provide quality programming.
- Planned and implemented summer camps and community enrichment and beautification projects.
Recreation Specialist I Resume
Summary : Compassionate, organized, critical thinker with strong initiative able to prioritize tasks efficiently while maintaining high levels of patient care and satisfaction.
Skills : Word, Excel, Excel, Outlook, Scheduling.
- Developed and implemented a recreation therapy program for patients suffering from mental illness in an acute setting.
- Provided in groups and one to one settings that included stress management, relaxation therapy, physical fitness, leisure resources, and relapse prevention.
- Collaborated with a multi-disciplinary treatment team including a psychiatrist, primary therapist, RN, social worker, and occupational therapist daily to discuss the needs of the patient.
- Created a behavior modification program for patients to aid in relapse prevention and increased awareness of positive behavior.
- Responsible for all documentation for 32 patients including initial assessments, weekly progress notes, treatment goals and objectives, as well as, discharge planning and recommendations.
- Created monthly calendar and supervised Activity Therapy aides in the completion of activities.
- Functioned as Activity Therapy supervisor during absences.
Recreation Specialist/Representative Resume
Headline : A management/customer service support position where experience, education, and communication skills will be fully utilized in a growth-oriented environment.
Skills : Operations Management, Customer Service Skills, Computer Skills, Leadership Development.
- Developing and implementing specified recreation programs and services within departmental policy and are reviewed through conferences, reports, observation, and success of programs.
- Administers and ensures proper operation of a specialized functional area of recreation programming and services.
- Develops and implements a curriculum of recreation programs and revenue producing programs, activities, and services for activities associated with respective area of responsibility.
- Facilitates work teams toward accomplishment of objectives by providing information, resources, coordinating interaction, developing strategies and providing coaching.
- Interviews, selects, trains and evaluates staff members, officials and referees, volunteers, and other assigned workers.
- Reviews and selects contracts instructors and negotiates contacts as needed.
- Coordinates programs and activities with other departments, groups, private and/or public entities.
Recreation Specialist/Director Resume
Summary : To secure a position in the organization that offers challenge and opportunity for my career development and at the same time serve the organization to the best of capabilities.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Social Media Management, Power point, CPR/ADE/First Aid, Management, Marketing.
- Promote activities for members of Turner Job Corps; ensure that equipment is safe and in good condition for activities.
- Personally involved in implementing and carrying out daily programs and activities.
- Position yourself in program area to continually monitor and supervise the safety and behavior of members.
- Ensures the program areas are safe, with evacuation and emergency procedures posted and first aid kits accessible.
- Provide member guidance to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, and social.
- Ensure equipment is in good condition, with safety precautions posted (where needed) and members instructed in proper and safe use of equipment.
- Manages necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
- Equipment and supplies are ordered, maintained and stored to assure efficient functioning in the core program areas.
Sr. Recreation Specialist Resume
Summary : A challenging position in physical activity management and recreation management where can utilize knowledge in physical activity/recreation management and recreation management to guide individuals toward healthy lifestyle.
Skills : Communications, Customer Service, Organizational Skills.
- Coordinated and supervised recreational activities to support complete and diverse athletic programs for all eligible members.
- Created a safe and enthusiastic environment where children were encouraged to further develop their social and motor skills.
- Developed, planned, administered and directed a complete intramural, varsity, open, recreational event, special activities, self-directed and instructional programs and activities.
- Enforced recreational activities and implemented policies and safety guidelines according to the Center's rules and regulations.
- Regulated and requisitioned supplies as necessary and maintained strict supply control.
- Implemented behavioral management programs and practices to eliminate or control behavioral disturbances.
- Applied fitness and recreational goals, objectives, principles, methods and techniques as they applied to sports and fitness programs.
Bachelor Of Science
Recreation Specialist/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Provide state of the art physical fitness training by implementing the latest proven techniques with a total fitness concept. Provide a structured developmental plan to transition the client from every level of fitness to a visibly improved state of well-being while adjusting an individual's needs on a constant basis.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Registration of participants in RecWare system and collection of league fees, daily totaling of monies collected and bank deposits.
- Responsible for the leagues budget; purchasing of needed supplies, advertising, monies collected and surplus from previous years.
- Creating and management of filing systems for: league participants, team rosters, team stats, schedules for games and staff, files for volunteer and staff members.
- Conducting and supervision of league tryouts to access the skill level of each participant to ensure team equality.
- Recruiting and training volunteer members to coach teams or to help staff members.
- Drafting and evaluating team rosters with staff and coaches.
- Creating schedules for team games and practices at different sites and for staff and volunteers to ensure all games had referees and scorekeepers and all practices were supervised.
Associate Recreation Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in which this will allow the opportunity to apply skills and knowledge of supervision, planning, community relations, and program/event development.
Skills : Microsoft Office, POS, Customer Service.
- Develop partnership counsel with community groups and individuals to determine program needs, and improvements.
- Prepare long and short term plans to meet the needs, including budget requirements, acquisition, planning and safety requirements to adhere to policy and procedures.
- Develops schedules, registration processes and fees for recreation services, part time personnel, community service workers, volunteers and evaluate performance.
- Train, supervise, evaluates, disciplines and discharge of staff.
- Performs scheduling tasks in areas such as events, facility use, equipment maintenance repair and scheduling.
- Identify revenue sources, develops and implements fund-raising ideas, and coordinates donations for in kind services for recreation programs.
- Purchase supplies and equipment within established limits, and inventories supplies and equipment.
B.S. In Recreation Management
Asst. Recreation Specialist Resume
Objective : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Computer Skills, CPR Certified, First Aid Certified, Word, power points, Excel, Camping, Rock climbing, Archery, Kayak and canoe, Belay certified, Lifeguard, Scuba open water, Target shooting.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of recreation activities performed on a day to day basis including recruiting new instructors, scheduling classes, teaching courses.
- Implement a variety of courses based on individual abilities and needs of the community.
- Assist in planning of educational and sports programs/activities.
- Assist in the operation of the recreation center including registration, equipment check out and answer telephones and emails.
- Ensure proper amount of space is used for each activity according to policies and guidelines.
- Collect and record daily intake of money from fees paid by patrons.
- Prepare daily deposit of monies collected.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional materials and agenda items, such as marketing flyers and brochures, to promote the center and its programs for the community.
B.S. In Physical Education
Recreation Specialist/Consultant Resume
Headline : 20+ year military veteran, and 10+ year health and fitness professional who provides community fitness and wellness programs using holistic mind and body philosophies to assist clients in reaching and maintaining fitness goals.
Skills : Proficient In Ms Office.
- Responsible for creative design for prominent community based wellness program.
- Assisted in performing initial client assessments and analysis to begin community health improvements.
- Supported Chief Operating Office with daily operational functions.
- Recommended and assisted in the implementation of goals and objectives, establish schedules and methods for providing recreation services; recommend and implement policy and procedures; research and recommend new programs.
- Participate in preparation and administration of division and department budget.
- Develop, plan, organize and schedule activities in communities.
- Work with tribal, federal, state departments developing partnership in promotion of wellness programs.
- Organize, plan, and supervise recreational programs to meet community needs.