Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Summary : To practice dental hygiene in an environment that will continue to challenge my skills and further my knowledge in the field of dentistry.
Skills : Dental Hygienist.
- Provided Prophylaxis Treatment within all age populations, predominantly to geriatric patients.
- Placed sealants and delivered fluoride when needed.
- Provided thorough exams including and not limited to detecting caries, periodontal disease, oral cancers, etc.
- Implemented treatment for periodontally involved patients including scaling and root planning.
- Placement of localized sub-gingival antibiotic.
- Licensed in local infiltration and anesthesia delivery.
- Building great patient rapport leading to a high compliance with homecare management.
- Executed and developed routine dental X-rays.
Contract Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Objective : Professional Bilingual (Spanish/English), highly motivated, patient focused nurse with 7+ years of phlebotomy and hospital experience.
Skills : <div>Conducting Initial Dental Assessments, Removing Deposits from Teeth.</div>
- Work together with the Dentist to meet the oral health needs of patients, especially Spanish speaking patients.
- Skills Used Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Take and Developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Remove calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Apply preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides).
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Counsel patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health.
- Make impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs).
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE In NURSING
Full-time Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Summary : To obtain a full time position where I can use my twenty-two years of employment, volunteer experiences and customer service skills to benefit the company. I would also like to find a position with the opportunity to advance my career.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Dentrix, SoftDent.
- Evaluated gingival and periodontal conditions of patients; screened patients for oral cancer and intraoral lesions; utilized patient screening procedures to include medical history review, dental and perio charting; took vital signs.
- Performed treatment procedures such as oral prophylaxis, periodontal maintenance, periodontal debridement, scaling and root planning using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Administered local anesthesia and nitrous oxide sedation as needed.
- Applied irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Administered Arestin to patients' periodontal pockets.
- Educated children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene; provided nutrition counseling.
- Exposed and interpreted intraoral digital radiographs and extraoral panoramic xrays.
- Exposed, developed, and mounted intraoral dental xrays.
Part time Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Summary : To use my experience in dentistry to become an integral part of a patient oriented practice and support the Dentist in revealing dental disease and discover ways for the patient to maintain or regain oral health.
Skills : Applying Fluoride Treatments,Manual Dexterity.
- Prepare treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Review patient charts insuring all patient information is current and up-to-date.
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, equipment and supplies; ensure OSHA, CDC and ADA standards are followed.
- Provide treatment to patient in a variety of situations; prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, and administering anesthetic when needed.
- Educate patient by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instruction; schedule future appointments.
- Perform accurate, legal, and ethical patient documentation at all times; handle and maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Partner with dentist and patient in implementing dental treatment and dental care.
Associate's In Dental Hygiene
Registered Dental Hygienist II Resume
Summary : I am a registered dental hygienist with nine and a half years of experience in quality patient care. I have set up and maintained an efficient soft tissue management program in a busy practice. I am highly skilled in oral prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, laser decontamination therapy, soft tissue management, placing dental sealants and administering fluoride treatments. I am experienced in providing diagnostic x-rays, updating medical histories, and dental and periodontal charting.
Skills : Registered Dental Hygienist.
- Accurately recorded treatment information in patient records.
- Educated patients about proper oral hygiene and plaque control procedures.
- Successfully completed OSHA, ADA and HIPAA compliance training.
- Maintained proper universal precautions and infection control procedures at all times.
- Cleaned stains, calcareous deposits and accretions from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Examined gums with probes, identified periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Sharpened and sterilized dental instruments.
- Completely exposed, developed and mounted dental x-rays.
AS In Dental Hygiene
Registered Dental Hygienist III Resume
Headline : Registered Dental Hygienist Well skilled career professional with more than 20 years of practical experience in Pediatric, General Dentistry, and Periodontics Established in infection control, digital & conventional x-rays, Eaglesoft dental programs, topical & local anesthesia, Nitrous Oxide Sedation. Lightly computer skilled. Managed heavy daily patient flow including telephone recall scheduling and patient referrals; proficient in all documentation/record maintenance/paperwork to ensure accuracy and patient confidentiality.
Skills : Dental hygiene skills: prophylaxis, periodontal debridement, periodontal exams, scaling and root planing, oral hygiene education, sealant placement, digital and traditional X-rays, fluoride treatments, oral cancer screenings, local antibiotic placement.
- Planning and implementing mobile dental services in community based settings such as; schools, Head Start, health departments, long term-care facilities and organizations assisting the developmentally disabled.
- Provide preventive, therapeutic and educational methods for control of oral disease.
- Utilization of Dentrix for electronic charting and Dexis for digital radiography.
- Gather and assemble pertinent patient data to assist in diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintain confidentiality surrounding information related to patients served by the clinic.
- Key contributions: Visited twenty-eight community locations and provided dental care, including prophylaxis, radiographs, extended care permit dental exams, sealants, fluoride treatment to over eight hundred children and youth.
- Helped to increase the visibility of the dental program in the community and provide opportunities to partner with community agencies to improve the dental health of North East Kansans.
Bachelor Of Dental Hygiene
Registered Dental Hygienist I Resume
Objective : Using my personality and professionalism to make my patients comfortable and happy and to practice Dental Hygiene as part of a professional dental team where I can best serve my patient's oral health needs and add value to a dental team.
Skills : Patient Education, Compassionate About Working With Geriatrics And Special Needs.
- Perform routine prophylaxis to patients of all ages, take digital and analog radiographs.
- Assess periodontal health and give dental hygiene diagnosis to each patient to help patient to achieve optimum oral care.
- Perform non-surgical periodontal surgery and full mouth debridements prior to scaling and root planing when necessary.
- Educate each patient and give knowledge to not only benefit their oral health but also their overall health.
- Experience with the use of intra-oral camera, oraquix, Patterson eagle soft equipment, and applying fluoride treatments.
- assist doctor in preparation of treatment and recommendation of recall interval plans for each patient.
- write digital notes for each patient along with scheduling patient for future appointments.
- Assist the front office with answering phone calls, scheduling appointments with specialists when patients are referred, working with insurance companies in regards to insurance claims and benefits.
AAS In Dental Hygiene
Registered Dental Hygienist Assistant Resume
Headline : To apply the knowledge of my education and experience toward the growth and improvement of oral hygiene. I am an enthusiastic communicator, sincere and friendly in relating to people.
Skills : Digital X-rays , various dental programs Eagle Soft, Dentec, Treatment planning, Financial Arrangements.
- Conduct patient screening, medical history evaluations, and dental charting.
- Provide education concerning oral hygiene care.
- Provide nutritional counseling and self-care programs to prevent disease.
- Assist office staff with scheduling, filing, and assisting patients whenever necessary - Conduct prophylaxis treatment, teeth cleaning, and maintenance for patients undergoing regular routine dental checkups.
- Offer compassionate, friendly, demeanor aimed to make patients comfortable and diminish anxiety.
- Event organizer- Healthy Kids Day, school presentations for dental health month, Live Well Expo.
- Planned and supervised the past 5 Christmas events for Smile Starters.
Associates In Dental Hygiene
Registered Dental Hygienist Lead Resume
Summary : Seeking a position as a professional dental hygienist in a quality, team oriented dental office. My mission is to provide preventive oral health care services and therapeutic clinical skills which promotes optimum oral health and supports the overall health of the dental patient.
Skills : Trained in laser decontamination therapy with the Sirona Laser.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Provide clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the general public.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
Registered Dental Hygienist/Therapist Resume
Objective : To practice dental hygiene as part of a professional dental team where I can best serve my patients dental health needs, create value for the practice and become an invaluable worker.
Skills : Dental Office Management, Dentrix, Digital X-rays, SRP, Bilingual, Sealants, Dental Assisting, Diagnodent, Intra Oral Camera.
- Accurately recorded and reviewed patient's medical history, charted decay, recession, abnormalities and periodontal disease.
- Performed prophylaxis, gross debridement, fine scaling and root planning, STM-Soft Tissue Management, and extra/intra oral exams all with a gentle yet effective touch.
- Provided oral hygiene and preventative instruction to all patients for optimal oral health.
- Maintained a clean, sterile, and positive environment enhancing patient comfort and safety.
- Assessed the need for pain control and administer appropriate topical agents or local anesthetic.
- Co-diagnosed with dentist to create treatment plans for periodontal disease and restorative dentistry.
- Speedily took digital x-rays, applied fluorides and successfully placed sealants.
Sr. Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Headline : A position as a dental hygienist in a reputed organization, where my pleasant personality and interpersonal skills can be utilized effectively for providing good service to the patients.
Skills : Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Local Anesthetic, Nitrous Oxide Sedation.
- Handled patient screening and dental charting.
- Performed a variety of dental procedures such as scaling, root planing and radiographs.
- Examined the head, neck and oral cavity for disease.
- Provided efficient, quality dental treatments and taught patients appropriate oral hygiene techniques.
- Obtained dental history and/or records from patient.
- Solicited patient feedback to improve service.
- Advise patients about good nutrition and its impact on their oral health.
Registered Dental Hygienist Resume
Objective : Dedicated and energetic Registered Dental Hygienist 2+ years experience providing skilled dental treatment. Focused on patient comfort, proper oral hygiene, treatment and preventative care management. Excels in fast-paced, high-volume dental offices.
Skills : Open Dental, Open Dental, Dentrix, Dentrix.
- Greeting and prepared patients for dental examination.
- Properly sterilize dental equipment and examination rooms in accordance with infection control policies.
- Duplicate x-rays when requested by insurance company.
- Scaled, polished, and applied sealants and fluoride.
- Co-diagnose ailments with the dentist to develop appropriate periodontal treatment plans.
- Maintained proper graphical and perio charting.
- Consistently followed protocol regarding quality assurance, biohazards, infection control, charting and emergencies.
- Educated patients regarding preventive dental care, plaque control, causes and treatment of dental problems and oral healthcare services.
AS In Dental Hygiene