Registered Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Registered Medical Assistant with 9+ years of experience in healthcare. Skilled in providing exceptional patient care. Professionally trained Medical Assistant with experience ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs. Critical thinking skills in a high volume, fast-paced setting.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Records, Nucleus Software, Hospice, and Palliative Care Experience, Minor Surgery Assistance, Intravenous Therapy Comprehension, Professional Bedside Manner, Culturally Competent Care, Culturally Competent Care, BAC Screen/Drug Screen, Collecting Policy, and Program Development.
- Maintaining accurate records of patient care, condition, progress, and concerns.
- Responding appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
- Obtaining information about clients' medical history, drug history, complaints, and allergies.
- Performing clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing.
- Performing procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, including blood draws, foley catheter removal and EKGs.
- Reporting any unusual circumstances in the patients' condition or environment.
- Organizing and stocking medical supplies checking patients in for treatment and preparing orders for nurses.
- Taking advantage of opportunities for continuing education, quality assurance, and performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs.
- Coordinator of the MCIR program maintained a temperature variation log; responsible for the inventory of vaccines for two office locations.
Registered Medical Assistant/Certified Phlebotomist Resume
Summary : 7+ years of experience as a Registered Medical Assistant. Seeking out enriching opportunity with the company that allows me to contribute my present skills, as well as enabling me to acquire new skills required for the efficient operation of the company.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Data Entry, Faxing Filing, EMR, Sanitizing & Sterilization, Typing, Computer Knowledge, Excellent Communication, Outgoing Personality, and Knowledge Of Medical Terminology.
- Preparing patients charts; obtain patients' records as a desire by the license provider on duty.
- Preparing examination and treatment areas including sanitation and disinfection.
- Assisting with the patient flow for woman health exams including postpartum and OBGYN.
- As directed by the license credential provider, distribute medications via IM, sq, & oral.
- Monitoring patients undergoing procedures, observe/report significant changes to license provider.
- Performing basic diagnostic procedures to include but not limited to EKG's, urine dipstick, ultrasound, blood glucose, hematocrit, as well as HCGs.
- Entering and retrieves patient information in accordance with NHCP policies and division SOPs.
- Assisting with invasive and noninvasive procedures including IUD insertion & removal, skin, and endometrial biopsy.
- Administering required CDC vaccinations via IM, sq, id, and oral to pediatrics, young adolescents and adults.
- Greeting patient's, answer multiple phone lines, and generate a telephone consult.
Team Leader - Registered Medical Assistant Resume
Objective : Over 3+ years of experience as a Registered Medical Assistant. I seek to secure a position in a medical environment that will allow me to professionally engage all facets of the industry, as I return to school in pursuit of my registered nursing license.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Medical Assisting, Laboratory Assistant, Phone Triage, General Clerical, and Demonstrated Experience Working With Fax Machines.
- Medical office management medical billing & coding medical records management data entry (88 wpm) bookkeeping & filing taking patient vitals blood draws injections patient scheduling ancillary testing(ex: rapid strep/rapid flu much more) patient education HIPAA & Jcaho knowledge + much more.
- Education registered medical assistant (RMA), 2014-present certified in first aid & CPR, 2014-present certified lactation consultant.
- Presenting as a key member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team for a busy pediatric clinic.
- Our goal as a team is ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of the office.
- Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing, and bookkeeping) that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
- Demonstrating proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections, and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests (e.g., EKGs, immunoassays, chemistry analysis, hematology, urinalysis, and sigmoidoscopies).
- Ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation, and maintenance of all facilities, exam rooms, and equipment.
- Efforts ensuring compliance with HIPAA, cilia and OSHA regulations; improved patient care/satisfaction.
- Reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
- Collecting patient blood samples in a safe, sanitary manner for diagnostic testing as a certified phlebotomist.
Registered Medical Assistant II Resume
Headline : A motivated and personable Registered Medical Assistant with 5+ years of experience, background in various healthcare environments. Possess exceptional interpersonal relationship and listening skills combined with a passion for helping others and a strong focus on providing premium patient care.
Skills : Blood Pressure, Pulse, Respirations, Customer Service, 500+ Successful Venipunctures, EKG Testing, Microsoft Office, Medical Terminology, and Medical Office Procedures.
- Responsible for bringing back patients throughout the day at their scheduled visit time for their appointments.
- Depending on what they were coming in for I would do a number of different things ranging from diabetic foot exams to cerumen removals, along with wellness visits.
- Assisting with different procedures with the physician assistant worked with.
- Giving injections and doing labs in the house is something do regularly as well.
- Working with EMR on a daily basis along with calling patients with test results or to follow up on hospitalizations is something would do as well.
- When bringing patients back would get their vitals and ask certain questions pertaining to that days visit.
- Vital signs, interview patient/parent on illnesses and chronic diseases.
Registered Medical Assistant/Receptionist Resume
Objective : 2 years of experience as a Registered Medical Assistant. Seeking to obtain a rewarding career in the medical field as a successful Medical Assistant.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Front Office, Excel and Word, Vitals, Wound Care, CPR, Venipuncture, Injections, Patient Education, After Care Urinalysis, Assist Physicians During Minor Surgeries, Communicate Effectively With Patient and Patients Family, Pregnancy Test, Strep Test, and Influenza Tests.
- Performed administrative and clinical duties as the only RMA on staff.
- Performed all blood draws, assisted with all medical procedures and specimen collections, performed strep, flu and pregnancy tests and delivered results.
- Administered medications intravenously and orally, gave allergy shots, called in prescriptions and many other duties.
- Realized what capable of and also showed the attending physician that, as an RMA, we are a definite asset to any medical facility.
- Administered hormone injections, allergy shots, antibiotic and steroid injections, performed EKGs, completed referrals per request by our doctor, assisted the physician with gynecology exams and specimen collections.
- Scheduled patients, collected payments and coded procedures correctly for insurance purposes.
- Provided patients with support and answered all questions that were within my scope to answer.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries or medical consultation.
- Assist in a minor surgical procedure (skin tag removal, hemorrhoid removal, and banding).
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examination, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
Certified Registered Medical Assistant Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as a Registered Medical Assistant. Energetic and dedicated registered medical assistant seeks challenging opportunities with a medical group to make use of my medical experience, training, education and overall interpersonal skills.
Skills : Medical Management, Data Entry, Phlebotomist, Refill Prescriptions, Translator, Handheld Computers and Scanners, Cashier, Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving, MS Office, and Inventory Specialist.
- Working primarily in the ultrasound department assisting the physicians as well as the sonographer to record patient follicle sizes on patient cycle sheets.
- Cleaning, reset and restocking examination rooms with medical instruments and medical supplies used on a daily basis.
- Preparing examination rooms during monitoring hours, for new patient assessments as well as procedures.
- Using autoclave machines to sterilize medical instruments such as speculums.
- Preparing examination rooms for IUI (intrauterine insemination), verify specimens with patients and assist doctors during the procedure and schedule patients for follow-up appointments prepare examinations rooms for sis procedure (saline infusion Sonohysterography) and assist physicians during the procedure.
- Utilizing malpractice electronic medical record system took and recorded vitals, height, and weight for new and regular patients.
- Reading, reviewing, assigning, and closing labs performed and analyzed urine cultures and urine pregnancy tests.
- Preparing urine test tube for transport to labs performed phlebotomy, created labels and prepared bags for labs and called and scheduled lab pick-ups completed data entry, scanned in lab results, prior medical records and consent forms.
- Recording patient's medical history, vital statistics, medications or information such as test results in medical records.
- Checking patients in for appointments and made appointments for patients.
Registered Medical Assistant/Certified Phlebotomist Resume
Summary : Dedicated Registered Medical Assistant with 12+ years of experience, skilled in technical, clerical, and patient support. Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively to patients and staff. Patient-focused with over 4 years experience working a busy medical clinic working with diverse populations.
Skills : Patient Interviewing, Aseptic Techniques, Phlebotomy, CPR and First Aid, Registered MA Since 2010, Computing Patients Records Of Their Exams, and Test Results Using EMR.
- Helping physicians examine and treat patients by assisting with instruments, injections, and suture removal.
- Achieving departmental goals and objectives by instituting new processes and standards for clinical patient care.
- Frequently commended for maintaining the safety, respect, and dignity of patients.
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies.
- Preparing specimens for analysis and established proper chronological priorities in testing.
- Recording patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in EMR.
- Escorting patients to examination rooms and prepared them for physician exams.
- Providing treatment within the scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Performing CVP and Ansar testing on patients charted patients information and results electronically.
- Using the venipuncture method for various types of specimen collection, collected DNA from patients of specific insurance.
Registered Medical Assistant II Resume
Summary : Highly trained Medical Assistant with strong clinical abilities and successful career in both Urgent Care and In-Home Care facilities. Proactive and organized with a passionate commitment to first-rate patient care.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Emr, Customer Service, Phlebotomy, Injections, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Specimen Collection, Telephone Triage, Surgery, OB/GYN, and Appointment Scheduling.
- Working with the EMR system Athena health.
- Answering incoming calls, making appointments for patients, verifying insurance and benefits upon scheduling the appointments.
- Rooming patients, taking patient vitals and assisting doctors with procedures; i.e., ear lavages, pap smears, i&d's, circumcisions, insertion and removal of sutures, EKG's, strep and urine tests and cultures, influenza tests, and urine HCG tests, hgba1c, and proteomes.
- Clean, sanitize and prepare exam rooms between patients and at the end of the day.
- I am one of the two office contacts for the vaccines for children and assist programs within our office and help to ensure that all our staff is kept up to date on any vaccine changes and updates as well as verifying that patient vaccines have transferred into as-is and do vaccine reconciliation daily.
- Working with vendors to do the ordering for the medical supplies for the pediatric offices.
- Floating into other departments as needed, ie; family practice and orthopedics.
- Interacting via telephone with other medical facilities for referrals and specialty appointments.
- Customer service, assisting with sterilizations, stocking all patient rooms.
- Performing pre-physician exam preparation, took vital signs assists with EKG's, obtained information for patient care such as chart preparation, lab reports, medication refill.
Head Registered Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Compassionate Registered Medical Assistant/Office Assistant with over 14 years of experience. CPR certified. Daily contact with patients, physicians, health insurance companies and billing. Ability to work independently and with a team to provide accurate and timely work.
Skills : Computer Programs, Email, Fax, Scanning, PDF files, Electronic Health Records and Patient Databases, Blood Pressure Testing, CPR Certifed, and Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Provide hands-on care and act as the liaison between the physician and patient to provide excellent primary health care.
- Duties: taking patient histories and vital signs and ensuring the accuracy of the electronic health record.
- Triage and respond to patient inquires by phone or patient portal messaging.
- Helping patients schedule tests, obtaining authorization from health care company and answering any questions.
- Ensure accuracy of patient medical records in EMR for coding and submission to insurance.
- Thoroughly document all interactions with patients including office visits and telephone calls.
- Serve on the companies sunshine committee which works to provide company activities to increase morale.
- Work closely with physicians and billing department to solve coding issues.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs.
- Performed lab work consisting of testing for strep, influenza, UA, mono, INR, and glucose.
Registered Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : 9+ years of experience as a Registered Medical Assistant. Seeking to obtain a Medical Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant position that will allow me the opportunity to utilize my experience in nursing and patient care and to apply my Medical Assistant/Certified Nurse Assistant skills.
Skills : Epic Ambulatory EMR, Vital Sign Measurements, EKG Administration, Dip Stick Testing, With Ability To Read And Interpret Results, Computer Include Medisoft, Computerized Appointment Scheduled, and Calendar Management, Examination Room Preparation, Assistance In Minor Surgical Procedures, and Medical Record Management.
- Vital sign measurements, EKG administration skills, dip stick testing, with the ability to read and interpret results.
- Specimen collection with proper handling experience and conducting further processing.
- Examination room preparation, inventory medical supplies replenishing as needed.
- Patient triage with excellent customer services skills, and compassion for the ill.
- Assisting in minor surgical procedures with prioritizing skills, with the ability to assume responsibilities.
- Responding to medical records request verifying proper release documentation is attached.
- Medical record management, such as pulling, filling, and maintaining updated information in the chart.
- Answering triage calls, obtain prior authorizations and administer treatments and injections to patients.
- Tracking patient information, and entered into the electronic medical record.
- Maintaining examining room cleanliness between patients, exam room supplies, and equipment.