Senior Accounts Payable Specialist - Team Lead Resume
Summary : A results motivated, organized, detail-oriented, analytical and multi-tasking Senior Accounts Payable Specialist professional with 9+ years of diverse experience utilizing a wide spectrum of accounting software platforms. To be associated with a growing organization that would provide opportunities for individual growth & development; in the process contributing to the betterment of the organization.
Skills : MS Excel, MS Word, Tally, Sap
- Prioritized invoices with purchase orders, utilities, freight bills, expense reports, check requests, etc. in order to process payments accurately and timely.
- Created A/P entries regarding electronic wires. Instituted thorough cross-checking of pack-lists, receivers, and invoices that halted a previous history of thousands of dollars in overpayments to suppliers.
- Maintained records of all payments made. Ensured the accuracy of the amounts entered in the system.
- Responsible for processing various vendor's invoices and ensuring proper approval for a payment Team members in the long term.
- Performed the twice-daily manual procedures of processing pay cycle for Claims payments.
- Responsible for creating training systems and manuals and implementing them for new employees. Balance accounts daily and validates that all checks are produced and maintain the check register.
- Reviewed and properly coded employee expenses Create, analyze, and distribute financial reports for management.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Full Time) Resume
Headline : Senior Accounts Payable Specialist known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness with 5+ years experience in accounting and an advanced level Excel and Access user. Results-oriented and dedicated business professional in Accounting - general ledger, accruals, prepaid assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations. Softwares used: Oracle, Oracle Discoverer, Great Plains, Menulink, Achieve, Quickbooks and Peoplesoft.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Great Plains, Menulink, Aloha, Excel, Access, Accounting, Concur, Peoplesoft, General Ledger, Supervisor.
- Responsible for keying all corporate accounts payable invoices.
- Maintained the prepaid asset account by reclassing numerous expenses to amortize in 13 periods (instead of 12).
- Maintained the utility database and ran queries at month-end to process the monthly utility accrual.
- Researched into resolution on accounts at period close. Keyed journals to make adjustments to accounts at period close.
- Built an Access database for the purchasing department to keep up with inventories and built a database to import invoices from Access to Great Plains.
- Supervised Accounts Payable process for four companies, domestic and international offices.
- Responsible for accurate and timely sales/use tax filings, assisted with state/local tax filings
- Assisted with W2 Forms issuance, issued 1099 Forms, filed A1 visas for employees. Audited and processed employee and consultant expense reports for domestic and foreign travel.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Part Time) Resume
Headline : Senior Accounts Payable Specialist with over 6 years of governmental accounting, with strong process compliance and improvement skills, experienced in the following software packages; UAN, MITS, Microsoft Dynamic Nav, Oracle, Fourth Shift, Real World Accounting, PNC AP Advantage, ADP, Report Smith, Kronos, Macola, Solomon Accounting, CBIZ Grants, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Concur.
Skills : Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, SAP, Solomon IV, AS400, Expert Excel User, Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of Applications.
- Resolved 1.5 million dollars of outstanding invoices over a one month period.
- Developed a metric to capture lost discounts, reducing lost discounts by a total of 8%.
- Supervised Accounts Payable Specialists, productivity, training and workflow direction.
- Developed and tracked weekly metrics on Lost Discounts Taken and Past Due Accounts.
- Researched and troubleshoot payment, receipt and inventory issues.
- Processed daily over 800 payments for expense report and invoices, and purchase orders, over 60 credit, and debits invoices into the Accounts Payable modules, over 50 AR refunds checks weekly, rent payments for a scheduled check run to meet deadlines and tracking billable expense transactions for month-end close and daily.
- Recorded all invoices over 10K for the AP accruals using an excel spreadsheet for accountants and scanned all invoices into our Great Plains system after processing for payment.
- Provided vendor accounts reconciliation; provide customers with the highest quality products and services support and provide information/ technical assistance to callers; vendors and Fidelity employees as necessary (JD Edwards systems).
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist - Temp Resume
Headline : To work as a part of an organization of high repute to gain experience for better future aspects. Seeking a challenging position in the field of Accounts and Finance with an organization that offers good advancement potential, where one can contribute the skill for organization success and synthesize with new technology.
Skills : Bookkeeping, Office Management, Customer Service, Microsoft Office.
- Maintained adherence to corporate accounting standards; addressed escalated issues from vendors regarding accounts payable; and ensured accurate and compliant A/P files and records in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
- Responsible for inputting invoices into SAP with an average of 350 invoices per day, the printing of checks, adding new vendors to the database set up payment schedules and discounts.
- Composed letters to vendors, Certified weight certificates, mass mailings, and verified timesheets for all temporary workers.
- Facilitated "no-fault" internal and external audits as a result of sound recordkeeping with thorough documentation instituted thorough cross-checking of pack-lists, receivers, and invoices.
- Typed wire transfers added new employees to the company credit card.
- Corresponded with vendors in regards to problem invoices.
- Worked closely with the receiving department and sales team, printed single checks when needed for payments, used "JING" for knowledge or training purposes to explain discrepancies of the SAP program.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Lead AP Specialist Resume
Summary : Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Lead AP Specialist with expertise in accounts payable, billing, and collections. Highly successful at increasing revenue by collecting from aging accounts  days plus overdue payments. Have a reputation for securing payment from even the most resistant of clients in a timely manner.
Skills : JDE, Oracle, Great Plains, SAP, Citrix, Oracle Business Suite, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, Quick Learner, Multi-Tasking, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Adaptability, Oracle EBS R12.1.3.
- Verified incoming invoices including matched purchase orders versus vendors/suppliers' invoices to make sure all pricings are billed correctly then vouchered in JDE.
- Verified all non-PO invoices including communicated with Procurement Reps to the identified type of service expenses and determined proper GL Accounts.
- Verified all Marketing related invoices including communicated with Account Managers and made sure all billed invoices matched with project budget then processed invoices for payment.
- Verified provided receipts/credit card statements versus claimed expense reports from Sales/Marketing Reps to make sure all claimed transactions are legitimate then processed reimbursements.
- Calculated, determined proper due dates for all discount invoices and made sure payments get processed in a timely manner to ensure discount eligibilities.
- Prepared bi-weekly AP Cash Flow Projection. Work closely with field personnel to get invoices approved & processed in a timely matter.
- Performed and posted daily outgoing wire/ACH payments used proper Cash Accounts.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Accounts Specialist Resume
Summary : Innovative Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Accounts Specialist with 7 years of experience in accounts payable/receivable, maintaining general ledgers, and payroll. An exceptional leader in contract negotiations, bank reconciliation and team projects. Professional interpersonal skills as a consistent mediator handling chargeback disputes. Expert performance as a supervisor ensuring company growth, manage, train and mentor team members and stand as an exemplary model employee.
Skills : Bookkeeping, Office Management, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, SAP
- Manage account payable function for two companies; ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintain and communicate procedures and policies, including regulations and enforcing company guidelines.
- Assist month close and accuracy for monthly financial statements, as well as responsible for accruals and estimating billings that were not captured in accounts payable.
- Assist account payable sub-ledger on monthly basis, validated the content and resolved the issue which is Balance sheet reconciliation, pre-paid and all related projects.
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies between vendors and the company record.
- Understand the business structure and operation to properly choose allocation methods and calculate as it fits the business financial management report.
- Audit employee expense reports and credit cards for proper business-related usages within the company policy, such as travel and "No PO No Pay" policy.
- Communicate with the finance team for proper PO requisition and double-check against budget prior to processing.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Accounting Specialist Resume
Headline : A very efficient, timely, and thorough Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Accounting Specialist, who maintains excellent customer relationships, energetic, and proactive in implementing new and innovative ways to obtain collections. To utilize the professional experience and develop additional business skills within an organization that invests in its employees and offers advancement opportunities.
Skills : Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Vendor Relations, Journal Entries, Account Reconciliation, Excel, Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft, JDE, Oracle, Jd Edwards.
- Process over 500 invoices and employee expense reports for the largest facility within the company using Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Complete a three-way match on all PO invoices and complete research of invoices with non-PO to insure coding is correct.
- Run daily reports such as AP Edit Report and AP Unvouchered Receipts Report for research, completion, and posting of invoices entered daily.
- Send daily correspondence to facilities on batch submission, problem invoices, and PO/receipt issue to be proactive in the timely processing of invoices.
- Complete the selection of invoices that are selected to be paid on a weekly basis from correspondence on the Weekly Cash Requirements.
- Serve as a primary liaison for facility employees, company employees, and vendors with questions and concerns on invoices and payments.
- Administrative duties include faxing, emails and phone calls as well as using all Microsoft office packages to complete the daily duties pertaining to accounts payable.
Bachelors Of Science
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist II Resume
Summary : Technically skilled Senior Accounts Payable Specialist II, responsible for processing over a thousand invoices per month. Excellent attention to detail coupled with strong organizational skills ensures a streamlined and efficient payment process. Proven ability to maintain precise records and proficient in a number of accounting applications. A hard worker with strong vendor relations and communication skills.
Skills : JDE, Oracle, Great Plains, SAP, Citrix, Oracle Business Suite, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, Quick Learner
- Addresses escalated issues from employees and vendors regarding accounts payable; and ensured accurate and complaint A/P files and records in accordance with company policies.
- Reconciles all invoices that fall outside the established variance differential between the vendor invoices and purchase orders (3-way match).
- Communicates with the branches and corporate office to ensure timely responses in resolving discrepancies.
- Contacts the vendor when needed to help facilitate payment invoices.
- Processes of vendor invoices, credit memos, rebates and freights in multi-systems, ensuring the appropriateness and timely payment of invoices, and employee reimbursement.
- Provides training and mentoring for new employees, onshore and offshore.
- Assists supervisor with special projects and month-end close processes resolved months of backlogged work, and restored order and organization to processes, researched and solved billing problems and corrected invoicing.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist I Resume
Summary : Results-oriented Senior Accounts Payable Specialist I with initiative, problem-solving skills and over 15 years of experience in Accounts Payable processing and controls. A competent professional with more than 15 years' experience in a demanding accounts payable role. Close attention to detail and
problem-solving skills result in a significant reduction in query issues.
Skills : Multi-Tasking, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Adaptability, Oracle EBS R12.1.3.
- Supervised 4 lower level A/P clerks; managed vendor/supplier relations; and conducted monthly closing process, accruals and journal entries.
- Responsible for Liaison with corporate accounting department maintaining adherence to corporate, accounting and GAAP standards Process Improvement/ Training.
- Created and implemented new forms that unify information collected, improving efficiency and speed of data input and review process from 5 days to 2-day process.
- Renegotiated payment terms with suppliers/vendors resulting in improved cash flow and facilitate higher profitability.
- Managed the accurate and timely processing of invoices, expense reports, and check requests monthly.
- Served on the implementation team for a new payment processing system.
- Trained users and served as the primary "go-to" troubleshooter, which increased efficiency and time and cost-savings.
Masters Of Business Administration
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Manager Resume
Summary : Experienced Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Manager who enjoys challenge seeking the opportunity to learn and improve skills. Proactive approach, evident in the extensive upgrade of control procedures and improved audit results. Proven ability to establish good working relationships with diverse vendors and service providers. Handling urgent escalations in a calm manner and provide maintain the work as per SLA.
Skills : Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Vendor Relations, Journal Entries, Account Reconciliation
- Perform the day to day accounts payable transactions and ensure that invoices, expense reports, check requests are accurately coded, approved, posted and processed conforming to standard procedures.
- Attach the corresponding purchase order and all the supporting documentation to incoming invoices.
- Research and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies.
- Prepares batch check runs, and wire transfers. Track account analysis, prepare reconciliation, and month-end sales/use tax accruals.
- Maintains, files and distributes accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Prepare accrual for month-end close and assist with year-end close cycles.
- Audit employee expense reports in accordance with the corporate travel and expense policy.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
Summary : Accomplished Senior Accounts Payable Specialist with over 19years of experience in management and reporting. Manager and leader who is exceptionally detailed, highly organized and self- motivated with a strong history of success in leadership roles. Possess the ability to empower and engage others with a positive and contagious attitude and foster cohesive business environments. Consistently leverages organizational capabilities to facilitate well run and streamlined office operations.
Skills : Concur, Oracle, Jd Edwards, Lawson, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Peoplesoft, Peoplesoft, Cognos, Perceptive Software, Supervisor.
- Led the design, implementation, training, and management of the Concur Expense Management software for a company with 130,000 plus employees.
- Worked directly with Concur Support to make relevant data to the company's financial system in order to accurately record expenses.
- Developed Cognos reporting from the company for financial reporting and monthly reconciliation.
- Business Lead for the design and implementation of the financial institution's credit card program.
- Improved the process of petty cash replenishment by automating through Concur.
- Provided weekly metric updates to department director and vice president regarding employee reimbursements and credit card programs.
- Audited and processed employee expense reports for accuracy and compliance with internal policies.
Bachelors of Science