Senior Editor Resume
Summary : Versatile writer and editor brings extensive experience in helping individuals and organizations look their best. Background in business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing and internal and external communications, gained working with Fortune 100 and smaller firms. Recognizing by managers and colleagues as the go-to person for communications improvement, a skilled collaborator who builds trust and rapport with staff and clients at all levels.
Skills : Writing, Editing, Social Media, Marketing Communications.
- Promoted from proofreader to editor to senior editor.
- Worked with industry groups, project teams, and internal departments based in the United States and abroad.
- Involved primarily in producing sales and marketing materials targeted to clients in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, hospitals and healthcare, financial services, consumer products, oil and gas, automotive manufacturing, and information technology.
- Edited and managed production of presentations, reports, magazine ads and articles, white papers, marketing collateral, project case histories, biographical profiles, proposals, correspondence, quick-reference guides, technical documentation, and human resources policy statements.
- Reviewed content for accuracy, organization, tone, flow, and appropriateness for the intended audience.
- Ensured adherence to Gemini standards for style, format, usage, and consistency, including layout and use of logos, design elements, and photos.
- Developed content for the corporate website, collaborating with branch offices around the world.
- Served as managing editor of two internal newsletters that reached a diverse global readership.
Associate In Arts
Senior Editorial Assistant Resume
Summary : Senior Editorial Assistant is an integral part of the Editorial Department, which is responsible for the editorial calendar. They help coordinate the various projects, and are responsible for tracking deadlines, contracts and fulfillments.
Skills : Accounting, GAAP, Financial Analysis, A/R, A/P, Tax, Non-profit, Copy Editing, Excel, Yardi, Quickbooks, Finance.
- Project Management and Leadership Skills Managed editorial production of print publications and Westlaw products from arrival of manuscript through delivery to customer, leading work on as many as four products concurrently.
- Managed team's production of a three volume book on federal law that generated over $1 million dollars of revenue within a 10 week deadline.
- Achieved major department goal by migrating all Wisconsin Westlaw and legal history products to new content management system.
- Implemented an improved process to publish online legal history products for Westlaw team.
- Reduced team's number of significant editing errors to less than 10% of total errors as a quality control committee representative.
- Beat primary competitor's delivery date on three Westlaw products for 24 consecutive months.
- Communications and Writing Skills Wrote publishing documentation for overseas business process vendors and Thomson Reuters' employees to reflect new procedures and technology.
- Lead a cross-functional team that wrote new copy editing instructions for the print publishing department, compiling eight unique instructions into one.
BS In Accounting
Senior Editor & Photographer Resume
Summary : Innovative, results-oriented communications professional, writer, editor and award-winning designer seeking to obtain a communications position that allows me to apply my strong skills and extensive professional experience. Proven track record in dealing with complex issues in the media and strong ability to write compelling and persuasive copy, and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
Skills : Communications, Writing, Editing, Public Relations, Media Relations, Design.
- Oversaw the planning, production and distribution (700k circulation) of membership publication, which generated $1.5M revenue annually.
- Supervised team of writers, copy editors, photographers, designers and production team.
- Worked closely with WWF's program, science, field and marketing teams to conceive, write and edit stories.
- Managed a strict production schedule and met deadlines with writers, copy editors, designers and printer 100 percent of the time.
- Wrote commentary pieces for WWF's president, website, direct-mail appeals, membership communications, annual report, and other institution publications, which elevated the organization's global presence and increased membership.
- Senior Internal Communications Coordinator Guided WWF communicators and program staff across the organization in developing long-term and short-term communication campaign strategies, branding and other communications opportunities.
- Created and implemented methods for promoting WWF's brand and image through institutional communications campaigns and a new communications structure.
BA In Political Science
Senior/Junior Editor Resume
Objective : A practiced communications and policy professional with more than 15 years in the senior living field; 27 years in nonprofit/association management; a master's degree in aging services; and extensive writing, editing, social media, and video production experience.
Skills : Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Editor, Photography, Indesign, Photoshop, Interviewing, Internet Research, Reporting, Content Management, Content Creation, Project Management, Transcription, Journalism.
- Directed editorial process and content of both the print and online versions of the magazine to ensure coverage of topics related to aging services and long term and post-acute care.
- Produced and implemented a series of highly successful TED-style talks on aging services and long-term and post-acute care as part of a national conference.
- Conceived and assigned stories for breaking news, covers, columns, videos, and features.
- Created and led projects aimed at educating readers, improving quality care for long term and post-acute care residents, and elevating awareness of the magazine.
- Managed and curated the magazine's social media endeavors.
- Produced and conducted video interviews with aging services thought leaders and operatives.
- Developed and produced revenue-generating projects in conjunction with the magazine's sales team.
- Visualized, produced, and edited the magazine's first crowd-sourced issue, consisting of reader-generated content from operators, caregivers, administrators, nurses, and more.
M.A. In Management
Senior Editorial Associate Resume
Summary : Dynamic, energetic, and focused writer and editor with 15 years of experience in publishing. Completing projects include bus schedules, marketing pamphlets, patient information about dental procedures, and complete high school science curricula. Thrives in a fast-paced, mission-based, team environment where individuals are empowered to perform high-quality independent work in support of overarching goals.
Skills : Development Editor, Line Editor, Proofreader, Copyeditor, Writer, Technical Writer, Researcher, Copywriter, Team Leader, Manager.
- Managed a $3.1 million high school science textbook project.
- Maintained budgets, contracts, and spec database for entire project.
- Project was completed on time and within budget despite a variety of challenges and setbacks.
- Hired, supervised, and developed a team that was known throughout the organization for its integrity, cohesiveness, flexibility, and commitment to quality.
- Participated in development of new publishing processes to improve workflow, reduce costs, improve design quality, and focus editorial efforts in early stages of development.
- Project was completed in two passes with minimal reprint corrections.
- Developed curriculum for Holt Science Spectrum, a high school Integrated Science program covering Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health, and Earth Science.
- Performed market research, developed program scope and sequence, and wrote and presented proposal to enlist corporate support for development of new program.
B.A. In Liberal Arts
Senior Editor I Resume
Summary : Digital native food and lifestyle journalist experienced in managing a major online food outlet. Adept at a wide range of editorial management responsibilities essential to the operation of a digital media organization, including social media management, home page editing, content curation and editorial planning and strategy. Lifetime of in-depth expertise in the food media and restaurant world.
Skills : Avid Media Composer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, BorisFX, Boris BCC, Final Cut Pro, Facilis TerraBlock, Avid Management and Installation.
- Oversee all editorial operations for Food Republic, a food and lifestyle website with more than 2 million unique views per month.
- Proven ability to create viral content, with stories regularly clocking 250,000 pageviews and 12,000 social shares.
- Manage a team of 20-30 contributing writers, recipe developers and photojournalists covering topics ranging from craft beer to product design.
- Recruit new writers, refine pitches, assign articles, edit submissions and assist with CMS input.
- Develop original recipes and source recipes from chefs and cookbooks to create all content for the site's recipe section.
- Write and/or edit 3-5 articles and blog posts for publication on a daily basis.
- Operate and post to the site's Instagram and Twitter accounts, helping to drive audience growth to over 350,000 and 75,000 followers, respectively.
- Develop, cook and style recipes for monthly test kitchen photo and video shoots.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Editor III Resume
Summary : Detail oriented, always fact checking and never failing to meet deadlines. Diligent, meticulous copy editor with five years' experience in AP style. Experienced layout designer fluent in Adobe Creative Suites. Hands-on writer with experience in review, news, arts and culture, human interest, business and feature writing.
Skills : Proficient In Most Microsoft Office Applications. Adept In In-Design And Quark; Self-taught, Beginner-level Skills In Adobe Photoshop And Other Photo-editing Software. Photography, Illustration, And Calligraphy Skills.
- Develop editorial content for regular issues, sponsored supplements, and other special projects; focus on European distribution as reach expanded overseas.
- Manage $50,000 projects by coordinating with clients and key opinion leaders to ensure expectations are met and surpassed.
- Spearhead annual Buyer's Guides, comprehensive directories of FDA-approved and CE Marked interventional cardiology and peripheral devices, for three publications.
- Identify and research potential clients for inclusion in the guides.
- Work with a developer to transfer each guide into a user-friendly app for iPad and iPhone.
- Work closely with internal sales team to increase advertising.
- Review and publish biweekly electronic newsletter that includes regulatory updates, industry news, literature highlights, and conference coverage.
- Assist the art department with layout and design of magazines, supplements, and website material.
BA In English
Senior Editor/Writer Resume
Summary : Seasoned writer and editor; experienced in producing original content for a wide range of projects, including magazines, newspapers, newsletters, press releases, etc. Proven ability to manage multiple assignments of strategic importance, working in a fast-paced environment, with superior attention to detail, under tight deadlines. Possess a solid track record for engaging readers and crafting attention-grabbing headlines, and body copy with an intuitive flow of information.
Skills : Microsoft Office Proficient, WordPress, Blogging, Writing, Editing, Social Media.
- Set journalistic standards and provided strategic vision, edited and wrote 7-page section on health, fitness, training and diet section for this national magazine.
- Part of a team of editors who planned editorial content, graphics and layout.
- Conducted online market research to develop story ideas.
- Assigned and edited stories, organized and wrote product reviews, wrote news content for digital platforms.
- Emphasized accuracy, strong story-telling and immediacy.
- Wrote consistently compelling, persuasive copy that spoke directly to the audience and provided editorial/creative direction; managed multimedia projects; reviewed, rewrote and approved copy developed by other team members.
- Interviewed medical doctors, celebrity athletes, and well-known thought leaders.
- Associate Editor/Online Newsletter Editor Proactively communicated with all research sources and internal staff.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Editor Head Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented editor, writer and documentation specialist with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Adept at: managing concurrent projects; meeting strict deadlines; articulating technical information into clear and concise material for print and web; learning new technologies quickly; problem-solving; managing and building professional relationships.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Social Media Marketing, Social Media Management, Marketing, Trade Shows.
- Edited, wrote and copyedited print and web content for monthly accounting magazine with over 380,000 paid print subscribers.
- Met and often exceeded a monthly publication goal of 2 feature articles for print and web.
- Researched, recruited and interviewed thought leaders on emerging trends and hot topics for print and online content (including video and audio features).
- Worked closely with subject matter experts, freelance authors, AICPA staff and other team members to evaluate, manage and produce feature articles from conception to publication.
- Incorporated technical and peer review content / questions and changes into final published material.
- Wrote concise news stories, book reviews, executive summaries, interviews, dashboards and other materials for online and print publication.
- Session presenter and content developer for AICPA sponsored Business Valuation conference.
MS In Technical Communication
Senior Editor/Executive Resume
Headline : Able to take a production from pre-production to client delivery with little or no oversight and a dynamic professional with a passion for visual storytelling who expertly mentors creative teams to surpass client expectations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Wordpress.
- Oversaw all elements of post-production and managed employees and projects relating to post-production.
- Accountable for training and providing support to new personal through mentoring, observation, and feedback.
- Performed editing of television shows, interstitials, and promotional spots for broadcast.
- Designed, implemented and trained key elements of digital build out during digital/HD switchover as related to post-production, studio production and master control.
- Confirmed final quality control of all post-production elements before broadcast air.
- Accountable for Planning, directing and editing both field and studio productions.
- Assisted with the station transition Standard Definition to Digital and HD.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Editor/Manager Resume
Summary : Responsible for Performing expertise as producer, field camera operator and technical director Wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and developed workflow practices.
Skills : Written Communication, Editing, Proofreading, Desktop Publishing, Research, Technical Writing, Copywriting, Project Management, Content Management, Content Development, Knowledge Management, Supervisor, Management, Human Resources, User Experience Design, Instructional Design.
- Developed specifications for and test-market targeted small business series and business skills books.
- Selected and mentored authors, vendor teams, and internal editorial teams on the series.
- Established processes, guidelines for portfolio expansion while maintaining quality and product integrity.
- Launched the Inside Out series capturing the #2 market position in the highly-competitive computer book market in its debut publication.
- Reduced costs 15% by printing select titles in 2-color print, as well as applied revised market and customer data to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Development lead for bestseller Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, and Inspire.
- Mentored this 1st-time book author in transforming an academic model into a simplified, relatable publication.
Marketing & Finance
Senior Editor Resume
Summary : Seasoned and versatile manager of technical communicators capable of motivating, mentoring, and leading by example. I leverage writing and editing experience, emerging technologies, and proven leadership techniques to develop and execute systems that foster pride and ownership among publication teams, increase productivity, and enhance product quality and accuracy. I am the technical communications subject-matter expert of my organization.
Skills : Microsoft Suite, XMetal And Oxygen Author Content Management System, WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, Informz, HTML, XML, Oracle, Taleo.
- Reduced editorial budget for hired freelancers by 30% and cut production expenses by 20% by providing copyedits, proofreading, and indexing.
- Decreased alteration rates and expenses on all media by 28% and reduced expert content review timeline of proposals and outlines from four weeks to three weeks.
- Ensured appropriate content for intended audience by collaborating with external subject matter experts and authors (clinical and nonclinical).
- Increased marketing copy and advertisement brochures profitability by approximately 30% and website hits by 25%.
- Managed editorial budgets for assigned products.
- Enhanced the needs of customers by sustaining a high level of knowledge of organizational and comparable external initiatives.
- Managed and monitored various freelance writers and schedules.
MS In Communications