Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Summary : To acquire a position within the geriatric community that will challenge and afford me the opportunities to grow and learn. have been a QMHP and have over 10 years of direct care experience with children,adults and families in environments ranging from Director of Social Services in a CCC to a School Counselor for primary ages.
Skills : Organizational Communication Research CPR CPI/TOVA Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel Basic Photoshop Basic HTML .
- Provided on-call crisis management.
- Provided individual and group services to youths in a school setting.
- Participated in the resolution of school problems; reinforcing the child when having behavioral difficulties, crisis intervention, tutoring and, in general, acting as a role model for the children involved.
- Collaborated with school administration and faculty to insure consistency of services provided inside the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), and any Behavioral Management Plan (BMP) in place.
- Created and implement individualized service plan (ISP) and quarterly reports.
- Provided intensive in-home, crisis-oriented counseling and case management to youths and their families.
- Worked with clients to foster the development of new improved coping, problem solving, and communication skills.
Master Of Science
Sr. Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Summary : Offering 7+ years' experience in community resources coordination, crisis intervention for troubled families and youth, connecting families with resources and agencies, organized and extremely motivated. Particularly skilled in educating and counseling youth.
Skills : Social Work, Crisis Intervention, Individual Service Plan, Counselor.
- Developed and carried out Individual Service Plan to target emotional and behavioral needs of clients.
- Developed and implemented individualized service plans in conjunction with referring agencies, other social services professionals, the involved youths and their families.
- Educated family member regarding existing community services, and act an advocate in connecting family members to these services.
- Utilized a variety of interventions (art, play, stories, media and role-play) during individual/group counseling sessions to build skills and reduce problematic behaviors.
- Provided individual and group counseling for children diagnosed with Emotional Disorders (Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Reactive Attachment Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Oversaw development and implementation of skill building to include: social skills, anger management, impulse control and self-esteem.
- Maintained weekly family contact to discuss school and home behavior progress.
BSW In Social Work
Jr. Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Summary : To work in a position that effectively utilizes skills, qualifications and diverse professional experiences in Case Management, Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Substance Abuse as well as Mental Health Disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar anxiety, and PTSD.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Medical Records, Credible EMR.
- Provided individual sessions, group sessions, family sessions, case management, worked with clients on appropriate social behavior, and discussed .
- Provided in-home family counseling sessions to assist with strengthening the family unit.
- Developed positive, supportive relationships with clients and families.
- Provided one-on-one classroom assistance to model and review learned coping skills and reinforce learning material.
- Provided daily emotional support to assist client with achieving individual goals.
- Assisted client and family in devising strategies to decrease problematic behaviors in the home.
- Collaborated with school staff to maintain classroom balance and enhance client academic success.
Masters In Mental Health Counseling
Asst. Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Objective : Experienced professional seeking to fill a Intensive- In home position. Possessing in-depth knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis and treatment. Mental health professional driven to help others overcome personal obstacles. Comfortable working autonomously or in a team-based setting.
Skills : Youth Counseling, Curative, Chess Coaching, Writing Assistant, Mental Health.
- Provided counseling for children in a school setting (5-18 year old ) including, individual counseling, group counseling and crisis evaluations.
- Prepared and maintained hard copy case files, including documentation such as clients' personal and eligibility information, services provided, client contacts, and relevant correspondences.
- Responsible for counseling clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
- Assisted the clients with the development of personal goals and job readiness (Individual Responsibilities Plan) which addresses potential barriers to employment and how to overcome them.
- Monitored, evaluated, and recorded client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Interviewed clients, reviewed records, conducted assessments, or conferred with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients or patients.
- Responsible for collaborating with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
Master Of Sciene In Education
Associate Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Objective : Motivated, personable business professional with strong analytical skills. Talent for quickly mastering technology. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records. Insightful collaborator with the ability to work in teams and as an individual. Flexible and versatile - able to maintain a sense of calm under pressure. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability in resolving issues and solving situations. Active listener with empathic problem solving skills.
Skills : Counselor, Leadership.
- Counseled or aided family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client or patient.
- Educated clients or community members about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, or available community resources.
- Oversaw discipline and behavior modification of youth while implementing interventions.
- Assisted children (5-18year old ) and family members on family, parenting, problems with self-esteem and issues associated with mental and emotional health.
- Conducted mental health assessments for children(5-18 year old), developing individualized treatment plans for individuals and leading individual or group therapy sessions.
- Provided treatment referrals for children ages 5- 18 Provided direct care for children with DSM-V diagnose with ADHD, Major Depression, Bi-Polar, Conduct, Autism Septrum and Defiant Disorder.
- Assisted clients with eliminating or reducing impulsive behavior due to aggressive behavior Advocate for clients.
Master Of Science In Special Education
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor III Resume
Objective : To utilize professional skills in the areas of psychology, counseling, sports performance, job coaching,and interpersonal relations as a highly effective leader, communicator, motivator, and organizer in a career of providing service to others.
Skills : organized, detail oriented, caring, teachable, team player, integrity, hard worker.
- Prepared documentation Quarterly Reports, PA's, Daily Progress Notes, and Monthly Medication Management for submission.
- Completed and facilitate daily case management of assigned caseload (1:6 ratio).
- Actively coordinated and developed discharge plans and aftercare plans.
- Weekly contacted to parent or guardian to provide update of clients progression.
- Developed and Facilitated weekly group activities that focused on Self Control, Sel -Esteem, Classroom Control/Management, Buillying, Boundries, Attention and Concentration, Anger Mangement, Impulse Control, etc Assisted Adminstrative Team.
- Identified clinical needs and goals for students transitioning into and out of the program.
- Integrated input from teachers and counselors in order to facilitate student skill development so that they are able to cooperate and comply with pre-set standards regarding behavior and coping strategies.
M.A. In Psychology
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor II Resume
Headline : Looking for a company that will make the best use of existing skills and experience, as well as further professional and personal development qualities while managing and analyzing information by helping to develop, collect, maintain and disseminate information essential to the field of counseling, education, psychology, and/or child development.
Skills : Mircosoft Word, Power Point.
- Established and maintained effective and reliable therapeutic relationships with students and create, within each treatment, an environment that will be helpful to them by: intervening with students in crisis situations.
- Maintained a reliable therapeutic relationship with consumers' parents, helping them to understand their child's behaviors and assist them with emergencies.
- Actively participated in meetings with school personnel, mental health professionals, and other professionals who may act as members of the treatment team.
- Developed and practiced activities and trainings designed to enhance social and interpersonal skills (including problem-solving, anger management, impulse control, peer relations, community responsibility, etc.).
- Provided individual and group counseling to clients in school setting 5 days per week.
- Supported and advocated for clients in school setting due to their mental health needs.
- Modeled and taught appropriate school/community behaviors to clients daily.
Ph.D. In Human Behavior
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor I Resume
Objective : Looking to work as senior Radio Jockey in FM for hosting prime-time shows as well as managing junior Radio Jockey's for providing the best entertainment to listeners. The aim would be to catapult the channel to be the most popular one with listeners and build a loyal audience through information, fun and lot of music. As well as Highly-motivated actor possessing advanced degree from Full Sail University , having varied experience in media plays - Theaters, TV, Movies and Commercial Advertisements.
Skills : Management, Counselor.
- Built/maintained positive, professional relationships with school staff and others workers.
- Assisted many clients and their families achieve goals and success to improve the overall quality of their lives, both in school and in the community.
- Provided outpatient therapy, family therapy, supportive services.
- Supervised court visitations, and intensive in-home services to children, adults and young adult under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Attended trainings and supervision consultations on how to analyze various psychological theories to identify and analyze problems with the foster care systems and how to utilize effective interventions.
- Engaged in supervision that involved securing and retaining confidentiality to provide properly filed and completed patient records.
- Taught classes in money management, financial literacy, and career development.
Master Of Arts In New Media Journalism
Lead Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Objective : A motivated, quick-learning social worker with over three years of experience. Adept at working with diverse populations, applying evidence-based interventions, and maintaining confidential client records. Excellent written and verbal communicator.
Skills : Desktop Computers, Facsimile Machine, Digital Cameras,.
- Completed diagnostic evaluations assessing treatment needs.
- Planned and implemented individualized pro social skills curriculums and interventions behavior modification programs and monitoring progress through collaboration with school personnel, family and others involved in the youth's life.
- Monitored progress in demonstrating the acquisition of pro social skills.
- provided behavioral interventions to foster children.
- Provided psychosocial education with the Stafford County Department of Social Services, provided one-on-one and group counseling to clients who were disabled, abused (domestically and child), and provided conflict resolution management to both families and individuals.
- Provided short term supportive counseling to aid in stress management, problem solving, expanding or developing coping techniques.
- Conducted interviews and comprehensive assessments either face-to-face or on the phone with individuals and family members requesting assistance to determine potential resources and availability for the agency.
Associate Of Applied Science
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Resume
Summary : To obtain a challenging position within the Human Service Field where can utilize skills, abilities, comprehensive experience and educational background to serve the community.
Skills : Research, Data Collection, Data Transcription, Data Coding, Group Intervention, Customer Service, Cash Handling.
- Responsible for maintaining a caseload of 4 to 6 clients.
- Responsible for addressing the day to day concerns.
- Issues and needs of clients during school/work site.
- Responsible for providing weekly individual and family counseling.
- Provides case management and service coordination.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides 24 hour emergency response as needed.
- Develops 30 days assessment and progress reports, individualized service plans quarterly.
- Services plan and progress notes in accordance with program policies.
Master's Of Art