Underwriting Technician Resume
Objective : Extensive background in the insurance industry to include marketing, customer service, premium auditing, underwriting, training and employee development. Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
Skills : Customer Focus, Self Starter, Critical Thinker, Detail Oriented, Quality Assurance.
- Prepared and processed renewals and adjustments for all commercial lines business.
- Worked directly with Independent Agents and Underwriting Specialist on renewal business.
- Processed Garage Dealers Physical Damage monthly reporting and Work Comp Audits.
- Initiated underwriting of renewal business by identifying and organizing info and ordering reports.
- Utilized multiple systems on dual monitors for various policy processing functions.
- Maintained manuals for all lines and coverages for each state within assigned territory.
- Honored as one of the few who have received this designation, which recognizes those who have consistently demonstrated a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Received one nomination from two different Independent Agents, Commercial Line Underwriter and two nominations from supervisor.
Sr. Underwriting Technician Resume
Summary : Over 15 years of data entry and retrieval experience. Able to develop, print, and sort reports. Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent decision maker. Strong organizational skills and deadline meeting abilities.
Skills : Quikview, Customer Service, Sales Management, Sales.
- Coordinated with underwriters and ensured implementation of services and sales gained via information processing relating to commercial insurance policies.
- Ensured underwriting approval and services levels accuracy.
- Assisted in managing complex files and portfolios.
- Verified insurance application data for accuracy and completeness.
- Managed over 100 commercial lines accounts by verifying annual loss control reports, inputting changes as requested by the agency offices and underwriters, and renewing or cancelling polices as necessary.
- Oversee policy issuance, endorsements; Handle broker inquiries & requests.
- Assembled and prepared materials for year end processing.
License In Professional
Jr. Underwriting Technician Resume
Objective : Dedicated insurance professional with 13 years' experience processing automobile and home insurance claims. Two years' experience licensed as a property and casualty insurance producer.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Claims Processing, Insurance, Customer Service, Call Center.
- Supported Senior and Associate underwriters in processing thousands of new business and renewal insurance applications.
- Analyzed and determined completeness and validity of proposed underwriting actions.
- Assisted insurance agent in an office setting, with questions or concerns concerning insurance applications or policy reviews.
- Outcomes: Assisted underwriters and insurance agents within the organization, with processing policy changes.
- Developed a strong understanding of insurance policies and legal issues through completion of AIC classes coupled with in-depth, multi-week underwriting training.
- Processed thousands of underwriting actions, and maintained an error ratio of only 2% while doing so throughout tenure in Underwriting.
- Processed applications, payments, corrections, endorsements and cancellations.
- Transferred back to claims due to departmental downsizing in 2007.
Underwriting Technician III Resume
Summary : Response to your advertisement for a job vacancy within your organization. Pleasure to meet with you so that might demonstrate how abilities fit your needs precisely. In an environment, these qualities are of the utmost importance in dealing with the public as well as co-workers.
Skills : SharePoint, Ariba, WebEx, Type 45 - 50 Wpm, 10 Keypad.
- Assisted clients through the process of obtaining new insurance policies and returning all required supporting documentation to complete all underwriting files.
- Ensured that all carrier requirements are met by the agents and the customers.
- Processed applications and supporting documentation.
- Provided the highest level of quality customer service for all prospective and existing clients.
- Resolved customer issues and prevent customers from cancelling or leaving the company.
- Possessed expert knowledge of products, software, underwriting guidelines, and varying state laws/regulations to field all questions from customers and the sales team.
- Worked closely with Underwriters at multiple carriers to obtain approval for new business.
- Processed Federal Filings and manage inbound phone traffic.
Bachelor's In Accounting
Underwriting Technician II Resume
Summary : Well organized, self-motivated and detail oriented with proven ability to multi-task and work pro-actively with customers and co-workers in a team environment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, All Other Office Functions.
- Reviewed home inspection reports for compliance with company underwriting guidelines.
- Based on inspection findings, issued recommendation letters to policy holders asking them to comply with company guidelines.
- Reviewed documentation received from customers to ensure compliance to recommendations.
- Processed policy endorsement changes and policy renewals.
- Selected to serve as a team member on a special project to develop and implement new cancellation and non-renewal procedures of insurance policies.
- Worked with policy holders to resolve underwriting issues with their policies.
- Required a thorough understanding of Department of Insurance Policies and Procedures.
Underwriting Technician I Resume
Summary : Dedicated insurance professional with more than 15 years of experience in underwriting and sales of personal and surplus lines insurance.
Skills : Renewal Business, Claims Processing, Administration, Property And Casualty.
- Selected new and renewal personal lines business based on company guidelines, policy coverage's and agent feedback.
- Researched and resolved a wide array of problems and inquiries with the best interest of the policyholder in mind.
- Produced and underwrote new business as well as assistance with renewals.
- Assisted management with training of new team members.
- Assisted Underwriters with renewals (rating and coding) , set up new business, process endorsements, policies.
- Reviewed, processed, rated, and filed new renewal business accounts.
- Compared automobile ratings for various insurance companies.
Asst. Underwriting Technician Resume
Objective : Interested in Permanent part-time or Temporary clerical positions: In a business office or in the insurance industry in the process of rating and policy issuance. Experienced in MS Office: Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experienced with various policy production programs. Many years of experience in commercial lines insurance and some experience in personal lines insurance for the production of insurance policies for various companies in Central Florida.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Calculator.
- Requested and followed up on missing information.
- Checked internal systems for history, logged additional application data received.
- Prescreened applicants using proprietary medical underwriting guidelines.
- Acted as resource to Underwriters in obtaining information in support of underwriting decisions.
- Communicated decisions to agents and applicants Wrote and maintained internal department training manual in preparation for system switch.
- Collected available material, self-trained and acted as department resource.
- Decreased application processing time by designing a tracking and reporting database to identify impediments.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Underwriting Technician Resume
Summary : Professional seeking opportunity to apply finely honed analytical skills to assess, minimize risk and increase company profit within a dynamic position. Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance or underwriting/rating systems Very detail oriented.
Skills : Quikview, Customer Service, Sales Management, Sales.
- Provided underwriting and administrative support to Underwriting unit.
- Handled clearance of new submissions and file set-up of new policies.
- Identified forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
- Handled general correspondence and renewal letters.
- Maintained service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Communicated with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Prepared at the direction of the Underwriter quotations, binders and or policies.
- Conducted account inquiries in various management systems.
Associate Underwriting Technician Resume
Objective : Underwriting Technician position where can gain further experience and knowledge to advance career.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Bloomberg Media Servers, Lean Six Sigma.
- Provided support and assistance to underwriting staff.
- Included collecting data for and organizing reports.
- Performed administrative duties regarding new and renewal accounts.
- Answered questions concerning a policy status or billing error on behalf of an underwriter or agent.
- Analyzed applications and screen applications based on certain criteria.
- Ensured that policy transactions such as renewals or quotes are issued and changes are recorded correctly.
- Ordered MVR'S in insurance information Exchange systems.
Underwriting Technician Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in the insurance industry utilizing creative, analytical and organizational skills.
Skills : Loan Analyst, Loan Processor.
- Trained new and existed agents on our data entry system.
- Created training plans and coordinate training seminars for General Agents.
- Answered phone questions on data entry and underwriting issues.
- Tested billing system for new releases before they move into production.
- Assisted with troubleshooting billing system issues.
- Reviewed policy changes for accuracy.
- Processed MVR's for Regional Underwriting Manager.
Bachelor Of Arts