Unit Secretary Resume
Summary : Dedicated Unit Secretary / Medical Records Clerk with 16 plus years of experience combining management and customer service expertise in the legal and medical field. Looking for a position to Develop positive relationships with customers to ensure medical safety and business growth. Highly motivated professional seeking a responsible position in the medical field that will fully utilize my personal qualifications and technical skills to achieve the goal of a dynamic organization.
Skills : Excel, Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Office, HIPPA, Customer Service, Management, Medical Terminology
- Daily responsibilities included answering all incoming calls and paging doctors with new consults.
- Scheduling the follow-up appointments for discharging patients and order supplies and labs on the computer.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to the patient's treatment.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using a computer.
- Receiving and routing messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff.
- Interviewing patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms.
- Operating office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
- Greeting visitors, ascertaining the purpose of visit and directing them to appropriate staff.
E.R. Unit Secretary Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented and effective E.R. Unit Secretary with extensive experience performing medical and clerical duties and patient screenings in a busy clinical setting with the ability to readily adapt to changing environments and demands. I am skilled in tackling administrative and patient-oriented tasked in a fast-paced medical office, with greeting patients, scheduling appointments, and preparing patients charts. Seek to work in an environment that will challenge me further while allowing me to contribute to the growth and success of the organization.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Health Insurance, Basic Computer, Office Equipment Operations, Strong Analytical Ability, Ability To Multitask
- Responsible for courteous, accurate and timely communication of information.
- Maintaining unit based logs on patients for patient admissions, transfers, and discharge, demonstrating proficiency in computer order entry with 95% accuracy answer telephone in a courteous and professional manner stating name, title, and unit.
- Routing telephone calls to the appropriate individual responsible for ordering and maintaining par level on unit supplies, forms, handouts on a regular schedule.
- Responsible for keeping health information management files/forms in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Inputting patient charges into the computer for all designated chargeable services provided on the unit.
- Accessing secured rooms with medications storage containers in order to perform assigned job function, which does not include management of medication.
- Discharging patients immediately from computer upon patient leaving the unit.
- Notifying housekeeping of rooms to be cleaned promptly after patient discharge.
Clinical Unit Secretary Resume
Summary : Seasoned Clinical Unit Secretary with more than fifteen years of experience in the hospital setting with a background in childcare. Core competencies include passionate, motivated with a drive for excellence as excellence community and time management skills. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency. Seeking a challenging career that utilizes my skills and enriches my knowledge; a position where I can continue to grow professionally and take advantage of growth opportunities.
Skills : Customer And Personal Service, Clerical, Time Management, Troubleshooting, Active Listener, Computer And Electronics, Critical Thinking, Active Learning
- Performing various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Answering the telephone and give information to the caller, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Operating office equipment such as fax machine, copiers, or phone systems, or arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greeting visitors or callers and handling their inquiries or directing them to the appropriate person according to their need.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Answering patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or enter intercom service to determine patient need.
- Providing physical support to assist patient to perform daily living such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, and exercising.
- Measuring and recording food and liquid intake urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Recording vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
Health Unit Secretary Resume
Objective : Health Unit Secretary with a proven record of reliability and responsibility Remain calm and professional throughout critical conditions Possess special sensitivity to meeting diverse needs in varied situations Develops rapport with patients, family, staff, and physicians Relates well to people from a variety of cultural backgrounds Strong analytical skills, capable of assessing conditions and implementing appropriate intervention.
Skills : Computer Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Adobe Acrobat, Charting, Meticulous Attention To Detail, Highly Resourceful, Administrative Support
- Serving as an assistant to physicians, patients, visitors, and any other department staff as needed.
- Demonstrating the willingness to assist patients and their families as well as staff with answering questions.
- Responding to intercom email and identify emergency messages in a timely manner, all while maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledgeable with various computer applications that perform the following functions: patient management, patient census, acuity, composer, bed tracking, transport, etc.
- Creating the patient medical record by hastening admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Compiling the patient medical chart by ensuring necessary forms are included and signed.
- Transcribing orders and documents in both paper and electronic format.
- Scheduling patient transport services, tests, procedures and confirm with the physician that information is accurate.
- Communicating with the appropriate staff of urgent information, and changes in patient medical records.
Bachelor's in Psychology
Lead Unit Secretary Resume
Summary : Lead Unit Secretary with more than 14 years of experience within the medical field]. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities as well as excellent communication and time management skills. Looking for a position in a stimulating environment, allowing for maximization of existing organizational/communication skills in handling queries and managing an office and all duties efficiently. Desire to contribute a high degree of proficiency at work.
Skills : Computer, Word And Excel, Good Customer Service, Filing And Organizational, Inventory, Fast Learner, Exceptional Organization, And Analytical Thinker.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of patient documentation including order entry and coordination of patient admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Transcribed physician's orders from records with notation and signature of nursing staff.
- Greeted, screened and directed patients, physicians, visitors, and hospital personnel.
- Used and understood medical terminology in order completion and record maintenance.
- Operated office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff.
- Managed phone, fax, copying, and general office supply and equipment issues.
- Maintained charts in the HCC including preparation of new charts, maintenance, thinning and storage of existing charts.
- Worked with doctors and other professionals learning how they work, and gaining experience from interacting with them.
Bachelor Of Arts
Secretary (Unit Secretary) Resume
Objective : Motivated Secretary (Unit Secretary) with a highly effective communication style. Efficient worker who demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. Extensive knowledge of patient care and patient monitoring. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and patient services utilizing my extensive knowledge in clinical healthcare. Seeking a position that will utilize my customer service and administrative skills in a progressive work environment.
Skills : Microsoft Words, PowerPoiint, AS400, Typing 50 Wmp. Witt, 3M, Softmed, EKG, Medical Terminology, Medical Records
- Sending out morning updates to department heads in order to keep everyone on the same page.
- Confirming/scheduling all patient appointments, scheduling transportation if necessary.
- Informing patients, family members, physicians, and nurses, informing all staff of daily schedules, creating patient information packets to send to outside specialists.
- Assisting on the floor including answering lights, directing family members, assisting fellow staff, passing meal trays, transporting patients to activities, therapy, etc.,
- Retrieving medical records when requested by the procedure.
- Reviewing all monthly vital signs for completeness and documents in the chart.
- Monitoring all Treatment Administration Records, Psychotropic Medication Records, and Medication Administration Records for completeness and then filing them in the resident’s medical record.
- Determining what signatures are missing and contacting the appropriate staff member to complete.
Unit Secretary/PCA Resume
Summary : A very enthusiastic, dedicated, dependable Unit Secretary/PCA, with 14 years of experience in the medical field. Directly involved with providing patient care in various settings which include long term care settings as well as short hospital stay settings. Received recognition for outstanding attendance, as well as being a goal-oriented team member. Recognized for being a great resource for fellow team members, and my willingness to go the extra mile. Dedicated to the principles of providing superior patient care, continuous improvement and efficiency.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Meditech, Medical Billing, Typing 90 Wpm
- Answering phones, assisting visitors with questions and needs, helping patients with basic needs and care.
- Assisting doctors with paperwork and answering questions, assisting charge nurse with shift tasks, staffing, crash cart, phone calls, paperwork related duties performed.
- Creating forms such as daily notification, nurse report sheets, etc with Microsoft office.
- Directing phone calls appropriately to doctors, nurses, support staff, pharmacy, other departments/floors.
- Ensuring families are directed to proper staff for questions and concerns.
- Providing patients with direct care such as walking, turning and changing.
- Providing physicians with prompt answers or directing physicians to the correct staff for patient updates and status.
- Ensuring patient education documentation ready for nurses upon patient arrival.
- Providing proper chart readiness for each patient upon arrival for physicians and nurses.
- Ensuring sure pre-surgery labs are ordered and drawn on the patient to have timely results.
- Ensuring documentation is correct and signed by patient and nurse at the time of patient discharge.
Unit Secretary/CNA Resume
Objective : Unit Secretary/CNA with over 4 plus years of experience in hospitals, nursing homes, and hospice. Areas of experience include first aid, critical care, long-term care, and orthopedics. Delivers patient care with understanding and affirm patient dignity, resolve conflicts, and function in a fast-paced atmosphere. Client-focused with strong ability to take direction, superior communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office, Patient Care, Receptionist, Multi-Line Phone System, Documentation, Office Equipment, Crisis Intervention, BLS, Office, Charting, Ordering
- Assisting patients with admissions, transfers, discharge, activities of daily and provides support and comfort.
- Taking vital signs, height, weight, intake and output, pulse and collects specimen.
- Monitoring all aspects of the patient's daily life and their effect on physical, mental, and emotional well- being, recognizing priorities, treatment plan, objectives, and potential crisis.
- Gathering clients for therapeutic group meetings restrained or use de-escalation techniques on disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves or others.
- Answering and managing incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
- Ordering supplies, obtaining pricing and quotes, preparing purchase requests and maintaining an organized expense log.
- Coordinating patient care from pre-admission to post-discharge follow-up.
- Adeptly managing a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
- Demonstrating a commitment to personal growth and development by completing annual mandatory in-services and code validation, attending unit-based in-services, and attending monthly departmental meetings.
Sr. Unit Secretary Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic and goal driven Unit Secretary/CAN with an extensive background in office technology and healthcare. Experienced at organizing and performing duties in a fast paced clinical environment working aside medical professionals, physicians and team leaders in a large organization. Outstanding communication skills while participating in group assignments or alone. Confident in leading projects and taking on a task that involves team members or independent projects.
Skills : Customer Service, Microsoft, Strategic Planning, Vital Signs, Communication, Quickbooks, Positive Attitude, Accounts Payable, Cash Handling, Cash Register, Hospitality, Charting
- Triaging patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs of weight and height.
- Helping the physician examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections.
- Recording patients medical history, vital statistics and information such as lab results in medical records.
- Operating telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greeting persons entering the establishment, determining nature and purpose of visit, and directing or escorting them to specific destinations.
- Transmitting information or documents to customers using computer, mail or facsimile machine.
- Providing information about establishments such as the location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Analyzing data to determining answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Collecting blood tissues and or other laboratory specimens and prepare them for testing.
Lead Unit Secretary Resume
Summary : Patient-oriented Lead Unit Secretary with strong attention to detail, professional telephone etiquette and organization skills. Seeking a challenging position that will allow me to utilize my customer service and communication and leadership skills. Several years of experience working with and helping people and providing excellent customer service. Proficient with computers including the Internet and email, MS Word and Excel.
Skills : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epic, Quest, All Scripts, Phone Etiquette, Great Communication, Inventory Management
- Greeted and welcomed all patients, families, and guests to our floor.
- Communicated to family members about their loved one's current condition and rehabilitation goals.
- Managed a multi-line phone system/call buttons while prioritizing each patient's needs and requests.
- Prepared each resident's room daily with attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Graced special needs clients (grieving, the recent loss of spouse, dementia, etc.) with patience and respect.
- Motivated clients to be part of the daily events offered by the activity coordinator.
- Assisted other nurses and doctors with procedures, dressing changes, records and gathering specimens.
- Responsible for helping families go over discharge procedures and after-care processes.
- Retrieved or initiated patient medical history and charts while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
High School Diploma