Youth Development Counselor Resume
Headline : To obtain a Youth Development Counselor job that leads to a successful career, which maximizes experience and skills. To attain seniority at a company where can develop better leadership skills, learn to work cohesively in a group, and become knowledgeable while utilizing skills in different communication settings.
Skills : Counselling, Management
- Assists with training new hires on policies and procedures; demonstrate how to complete paperwork accurately And interact with youth within the six-month probationary period.
- Analyzes youth's files to learn about and avoid triggers that can lead to a crisis.
- Communicates professionally with participant's families via phone to provide information about participants, careful to uphold confidentiality and avoid violating HIPPA laws.
- Conducts intake for youth referred by Administration of Children Services and consulted with Social Work Supervisor to determine if our program can meet client's needs.
- Conducts security and contraband searches to ensure the safety of the environment, youth, and staff.
- Consults with the program director about learning more about the development of appropriate case plans and meeting individual needs in family treatment team meetings, psychosocial assessments, and service plan reviews.
- Counsels youth when crisis occurs and use as opportunity for growth.
- Defines appropriate boundaries with youth while building a rapport to assure professional integrity and responsibility.
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication while submitting reports via email and agency database.
Sr. Youth Development Counselor Resume
Summary : To work in our Residential Programs. will take a caring, personal approach to meeting youths basic needs while providing physical and emotional safety.
Skills : Customer Service, Data Entry, Telephone, Training & Development, Medical Records, Cashier, Behavioral Health.
- Monitors and records clients' progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
- Assesses patients for risk of suicide attempts.
- Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships.
- Collects information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
- Counsels clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Guides clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Fills out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports.
Jr. Youth Development Counselor Resume
Objective : Obtain a Youth Development Counselor position where can maximize management skills, quality assurance, program development, and training experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Counselling.
- Provided direct supervision and be accountable for the whereabouts of residents at all times.
- Provided individual and group counseling for residents and, when appropriate, work with resident families.
- Responsible for adhering to all DYFJ and OCFS regulations.
- Required to attend all mandatory training by DYFJ and GSS.
- Provided safe transportation for residents for court order appointments.
- Implemented daily living routines, schedule and procedures.
- Integrated Sanctuary SELF framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
- Assured the proper care and supervision of supplies and Agency equipment.
- Interacted and communicated with Good Shepherd staff in matters related to, but not limited to, the needs of the residents and the program, in general.
Youth Development Counselor I Resume
Objective : Obtain a Youth Development Counselor position to utilize knowledge and outgoing personality to make a difference in the public school system.
Skills : Customer Service, Social Media, Event Coordinating And Supervision,.
- Responsible for performing all assigned duties related to the direct care and treatment of the residents assuring proper care at all times; serve as a liaison between school officials, social workers and others external entities that are interested in the rehabilitation of the youthful offenders referred into Barbara Blum residential facility.
- Designated 15 passenger van driver assigned when on shift to escort residents via organization van to and from court, probation, school, home visits as needed.
- Provided direct supervision and accountability for whereabouts of residents at all times.
- Managed residents' behavior; maintains order.
- Implemented daily living routines, schedules and procedures.
- Ensured the safety of the residents and maintain security and high standard of cleanliness throughout the house.
- Provided individual and group counseling for residents and when appropriate, works with residents' families and participates in the development and execution of treatment plans which includes supervised home visits, recreational activities and educational plan.
- Maintained records, logs, reports and adheres to documentation requirements.
- Prepared basic meals and snacks for participants as needed.
Youth Development Counselor II Resume
Headline : Youth counselor planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for youth in a small group setting. adept at keeping calm under pressure while continuing to keep the work setting light and playful. Works hard to identify and rectify behavioral and educational issues.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Counselling.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Distributes of snacks to children during snack time.
- Assists children with homework.
- Facilitates both formal and informal play within the center and outdoors.
- Supervises children under the direction of the Site Lead.
- Assists in creating daily/weekly lesson plans.
- Collects data for daily reports and maintains program records.
- Assists Site Lead and counselor(s) with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
Youth Development Counselor III Resume
Summary : A challenging Youth Development Counselor position in an environment that will allow to assist students in furthering their educations as well as increasing an innovative and interactive learning environment for students.
Skills : Management, Counselling.
- Supervises and instructs youth's in-group living, work, recreation, social and personal growth activities in order to provide a safe, clean and secure environment.
- Executes the Master Case Planning system (MCPS) by following the guidelines within the established timeframe in order to provide each youth with a quality service.
- Prepares Court reports by submitting written reports mandated by the Courts delineating experiences with the youth and our recommendations in order to keep the courts abreast of the services rendered.
- Refers and connects youth to needed services, i.e., medical, psychological, dental, by contracting these service units in accordance with established procedures in order to ensure the safety and health of committed youths.
- Implements and develops treatment needs by planning and following scheduled programs and activities in order to affect social behavior improvements.
- Maintains and improve necessary job skills by participating in and attending meetings, training and staff development related to job function in order to improve the quality of care and services rendered to the students.
- Communicates and collaborates with YDC Administrative, supervisory line staff, Maintenance Department, Court Officials, Law Enforcement Officers, families, social service agencies and any interested parties, verbally and written, in order to provide each youth with a quality service and maintain a harmonious working relationship.
Asst. Youth Development Counselor Resume
Objective : To obtain a Youth Development Counselor position utilizing the skills that have acquired in the medical and mental health field.
Skills : Administration, Assessments, Program Development.
- Assisted the resident nurse with administering medications and medical documentation.
- Provided safe, secure and humane residential care for adjudicated youth with severe mental health diagnosis.
- Supervised and monitored daily activities.
- Utilized behavior management based upon clinician plans.
- Counseled youth in crisis.
- Assisted Clinicians with specialized sexual offender, drug and alcohol and ADL counseling groups.
- Documented progress of inmates as needed including incident report systems.
- Maintained community service accounts payable and receivable.
- Developed, organized, and implemented specialized groups and activities and the FOIL program.
Associate Youth Development Counselor Resume
Headline : Motivated self starter with an extensive portfolio displaying more than 15 years of social services employment including direct care, managerial and administrative skills.
Skills : Counseling, Management.
- Provides maximum supervision of male juveniles' ages 12- 18 years old.
- Transports residents to and from court throughout the NYC court systems (Criminal and Family).
- Conducts transfers, new intakes, medical appointments and recreational activities.
- Supervises weekly family visits.
- Facilitates and advocates weekly meetings with assigned incarcerated youth.
- Assists with monthly school projects mandated by NYC Board of Education.
- Supervises daily homework assignments.
- Conducts tutoring sessions for low functioning residents.
- Assists in weekly relaxation program.
Lead Youth Development Counselor Resume
Summary : Motivated self starter with an extensive portfolio displaying more than 15 years of social services employment including direct care, managerial and administrative skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Case Management.
- Provides a safe environment for children through strong communications, observation, and awareness skills.
- Provides direct care for residents.
- Implements daily routines, life skills, and expectations of shelter programming.
- Transports residents to school and other appointments/activities as needed.
- Develops and implements seasonal (summer) small group activities/recreation promoting social skill building and providing and environment for mentoring.
- Maintains weekly counseling with students from local elementary, middle and high schools, in addition to the church.
- Provides intervention and support to socially and academically challenge youth with a view to helping the child achieve improvement in various areas.
Youth Development Counselor Resume
Objective : To gain Youth Development Counselor experience with a dynamic organization this will enable to apply education and creative skills to the benefit of the organization.
Skills : Counseling, Mentoring.
- Supervised children with behavioral difficulties, cognitive impairments, and mental health issues.
- Maintained safety of students and staff at all times.
- Assisted students with daily living tasks.
- Participated in activities with students.
- Accompanied students on weekly outings to various community activities.
- Filed reports on positive and negative behavior of students.
- Participated in bi-weekly training exercises to improve job performance.
- Trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques.