Accounting Technician Resume
Summary : To find a job where can be of service to others and help the organization provide excellent service to the public so they can be highly successful. Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to work well in team environment. Established and maintained productive communication with clients, all levels of management, and fellow employees. Exercised initiative, achievement, and independent judgment. Able to visualize solutions to problems to bring about changes. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Skills : Kronos, One solution payroll computer programs, Human Resource Attendance reporting program.
- Maintained the Commissary Officers Stock Fund Account and the Surcharge Collection Account, reflecting a day-to-day record of commissary operations.
- Maintained internal control logs used to establish a creditable audit trail.
- Maintained responsibility for the posting and upkeep of fund control ledgers in support of supply fund targets.
- Performed a daily reconciliation and computation of all data, ensuring that all data had been accounted for and processed in the accounting system.
- Used various computer systems to process data into the accountability inventory systems.
- Collaborated with DeCA headquarters, Operations Support Center, DFAS Commercial Accounts, companies and vendors to resolve problems, and to reconcile receipts and invoice billings.
- Processed mid-month and end-of-month reports, and verified with DFAS, and vendors.
Accounting Technician II Resume
Headline : To apply the knowledge gained through a Bachelor's Degree of Science in Integrated Health Studies with a concentration in health sciences to a department that will allow me to enhance and utilize my skills and education.
Skills : Word, Excel, outlook, Power point
Reconcile payments and applicable documentation utilizing the automated accounting systems.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Reconciling payments and deposits against property management properties. Reconciling company bank account.
- Properly record all funds to their proper accounts.
- Allocate payments that are received from clients for various properties.
- Make sure that all vendors receive their payments and enter payments into the general ledger.
- On a daily basis scanned and posted receipts using NeatWorks into Quickbooks.
Supervisory Accounting Technician Resume
Objective : Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the Ohio State University. Dedicated professional with over 19 years of experience in Governmental Account Examining. possess key strengths and familiarity with financial records, documenting financial transactions, grant budget control and payments, and revenue management.
Skills : Quickbooks (6 years)
- Complete daily accounting transactions for Appropriated (APF) and Non-Appropriated (NAF) fund activities while adhering to generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Complete journal entries and disbursement requests on a daily basis.
- Monitor and administer multiple subsidiary accounts.
- Complete monthly financial analysis for 20 fund activities and advise facility managers on financial standing.
- Responsible for accounts payables that are paid by use of a Government purchase card.
- Determine appropriate funding for expenditures and complete necessary transactions for uniform funding management (UFM) funding conversion to NAF.
- Completed all annual Statement of Assurance internal control packets and served as the Life of the Fund internal control custodian.
Accounting Technician Resume
Headline : Self-motivated accountant with experience in academic (USC) and non-academic settings. I offer a strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely manner. I also offer accurate and detailed bookkeeping and clerical knowledge. HIGHLIGHTS Accounting Operations Professional Effective Time Management Expert in Customer Relations Strong Communication Skills Complex Problem Solving General Ledger Accounting Aptitude.
Skills : Prepare Tax Returns
- Prepared and submitted accounting documents for processing.
- Determined appropriate fund allocations and secure proper approvals.
- Set up and maintained accounts, ledgers, journals, files, blanket requisitions, report and/or other documentation for departmental or University accounts.
- Ensured compliance with internal policies and external regulations and restrictions.
- Conferred with faculty, staff, students, researchers or external contacts to provide information and/or resolve problems relating to financial transactions.
- Saved the department nearly $100K in lost collections.
- Supported a significant increase in productivity levels by streamlining accounting processes.
BS in Accounting
Accounting Technician Resume
Objective : Highly organized, efficient, and resourceful. Quick learner and like taking on new challenges. work under pressure and always meet deadlines. I have a strong sense of loyalty and duty. I respect rules and authority and understand the importance of confidentiality. I have lived and worked in places with people from diverse backgrounds and personalities. I believe there's more than one way to do things right and more efficiently that will benefit the workplace as a whole.
Skills : Excel, GReat Plains, Word (5 years)
- Performed a variety of duties as a Federal Contractor in the Accounts Payable Branch of the Comptroller Department, General Accounting Division of NAVFAC Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Researched and processed reimbursable work request (WR-2275), MIPRs (DD448, (RC-2276), training requests (DD1556) and project orders (PO).
- Interpreted contractual obligation documents retrieved from Electronic Document Access (EDA).
- Assisted other Accounting Technicians, relative to performing queries on in-house financial systems to extract current status of outstanding payables and initiated appropriate action.
- Conducted researches to resolve aged outstanding commitments, obligations and receiving reports.
- Trained newly hired Accounting Technicians on proper command processes and procedures.
- Reviewed and analyzed material and contractual charges against external customers and internal job order numbers for accuracy of billing and financial data recorded within the accounting system.
General Accounting Technician Resume
Summary : Recent business graduate with over seven years of progressive experience in improving operational efficiency, office automation, financial operations and project management. Able to quickly adapt and comprehend complex concepts, identify and solve problems, convert ideas into logical strategies, and implement systems that enhance productivity and customer satisfaction.
Skills : Microsoft excel, Typing
- Identifying, documenting entitlements, and pay system discrepancies or irregularities from the post-pay review validation examinations of randomly selected military pay accounts.
- Perform data gathering, analysis, and risk assessment in the military pay area.
- Being entered in results of post pay reviews in a manner that clearly, concisely and accurately describes the error.
- Prepares a variety of payment authorizations, including by and for others and for self vouchers for commercial vendors and Government agencies or activities and schedules payment.
- Assists resource managers/advisors in reconciling their records and providing information and data as necessary.
- Records and reconciles receipt/acceptance transactions from electronic interfaces.
- Review and analyze documents, reports, and financial transactions from field offices and other accounting offices or transferred elements.
Lead Accounting Technician Resume
Summary : Detail oriented Outstanding organization and analytic skills Strong team lead and member skills Proficient with Microsoft Word I Excel.
Skills : Accounting,Competent IT skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheets.
- Organized, analyzed, and monitored automated single stock fund interfund billings.
- Converted monthly reports to detailed Excel spreadsheets, creating concise and maintainable working documents.
- Identified, researched, and resolved routine and unique problems related to the processing of interfund bills.
- Used all available source documents to conduct financial audits determining complete or partial payments, corrective transactions needed, and necessary disbursements.
- Reconciliation totals of $7.3 million were achieved allowing appropriate budget expenditures for Government agencies.
- Developed Excel applications that reduced worked hours by 520 hours per year.
- Consolidated weekly and monthly status reports for interfund bills.
Accounting Technician/Coordinator Resume
Objective : Designing budget charts and graphs to show the status of quarterly expenditure reports, analyzing monthly budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls for Project Administration during each staff meeting, and examine thoroughly each activity's proposed budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations prior to the submission of the grant.
Skills : Customer Service, Microsoft, Research, Data Entry.
Maintained complex accounting transactions, reconciled accounts in accounting systems involving extensive subdivision of accounts.Interpreted rules, regulations, and policies pertaining to tdy travel for customers.Utilized hipaa and ubo guidelines to assist in making initial contact with patients and insurance companies.
- Processing and recording financial transaction and information to receive and disburse monies, data entry and reconciling reports within PeopleSoft; balancing reports and answering questions to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Managing vendor/supplier relations and overseeing the timely, accurate processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos, and payment transactions.
- Maintaining adherence to corporate, accounting and GAAP standards.
- Ensuring accuracy with A/P files and records in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
Bachelor of Arts
Accounting Technician I Resume
Objective : To secure a position utilizing my knowledge of accounting principles, practices and theory coupled with my excellent analytical and technical skills, ultimately increasing the company's profitability.
Skills : Accounting,Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Provided account reconciliation for Medicare providers' accounts.
- Assisted Management in preparing financial reports and records. Processed providers' invoices and payments.
- Refunded overpayments beneficiaries received in excess to providers as soon as they were detected via the Healthcare Integrated General Ledger Accounting System (HIGLAS).
- Sent notifications to individuals about discrepancies, outstanding advances, and monitored responses.
- Operations Analyst Conducted research as related to daily operations, CMS Change Requests/Action Items.
- Completed quality analysis of all documents and reports.
- Communicated with sections of the office and assisted in the accurate and correct preparation of financial documents.
Accounting Technician Resume
Objective : A challenging career opportunity which would help me utilize my academic background and retirement experience to assist me in gaining experience, employing my excellent interpersonal skills, and enable me to make a positive contribution and difference in the life of a retiree..
Skills : Supervision, Customer Service, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HR/Payroll, Internet.
Changed the reporting for the loss of revshare units by running queries and creating spreadsheets to report the shipments.
- Receive, analyze, and process a variety of accounting transactions of a routine, unusual or complex nature for a customer base which involves the administration of various funding sources, each with its own unique accounting requirements, including diverse accounts payable/accounts receivable entries.
- Classify accounting events when there are thousands of potential classifications and sub-classifications.
- Apply basic knowledge of appropriation law, procurement regulations and other regulatory guidance to the transaction/document.
- Reconcile the data from computer printouts or manual listings to source records (electronic or hard copy) and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare reports for higher management's review outlining findings, trouble areas, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Process invoices within the time limit to avoid interest charges to the government.
BS in Elementary Education