Addiction Counselor Resume
Objective : Seeking for a position to provide comprehensive and extensive support to individuals by enhancing their motivation for change.
Skills : Microsoft Office, ADM client software.
- Provided therapeutic services to women in a residential setting by assisting clients struggling with substance abuse problems to identify behaviors and problems related to their addiction.
- Completed the program's abuse prevention plan and identified potentially vulnerable adult criteria upon the woman's admission to the program.
- Responded to emergency situations and when needed utilized de-escalation techniques, applied motivational interviewing strategies and other trauma.
- Informed care interventions to assist women in coping with their chemical dependency.
- Facilitated individual and group therapy sessions and conducted informative programs to aid clients in preventing addictive behavior.
- Worked with clients to create treatment plans and weekly reviews according to Rule 31 requirements.
- Completed comprehensive discharge planning for clients upon completion of the program.
- Developed client treatment/goal plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
Addiction Counselor I Resume
Headline : Seeking to acquire a challenging position where one can utilize skills allowing to grow and become an effective team member.
Skills : MS Office, Counselling, Communication Skills.
- Assist in writing policies, procedures, and rules for the program.
- Provide encouragement, motivation, and support to the clients, families, and staff.
- Provide substance abuse treatment, document client's history, and create an individualized measurable treatment plan.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions; with consent from the client, the counselor will collaborate with other primary care providers and in-house treatment teams.
- Maintained regular documentation in support of CARF, DPW and BDAP accreditations.
- Liaison between clients and probation officers.
- Provide court testimony for students related to progress in the pathway program.
Addiction Counselor-General Resume
Objective : Looking for a challenging position utilizing abilities developed through experience and education working in the substance abuse field. Also, to obtain the opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Responsible for a caseload of 45 clients, and developed individual treatment plans.
- Documented client's progress, initial/individual treatment plans, discharge plans, and referrals.
- Completed intake assessments for client placement to include pre-take evaluations, psychosocial assessments as appropriate and orientation on program protocols/rules.
- Chart and maintain client's records to ensure state and federal regulations regarding confidentiality.
- Administered medication on a daily basis, and was responsible for urinalysis testing, labeling and delivering of specimens for caseloads.
- Conducted frequent walk-through of the facility to do body and bed checks, room searches and to generally observe activities of clients.
- Taught substance abuse classes related to addiction, awareness, prevention, and intervention which provide guidance and support to the addicted individual.
Addiction Counselor II Resume
Objective : Seeking to be of assistance to consumers who are chemically dependent by supporting them in making positive lifestyle changes in a non-threatening, person-centered environment.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Client Interaction, Behavioural Skills.
- Completed chemical dependency assessments using DSM-IV criteria and made treatment recommendations based on ASAM criteria.
- Facilitated Recovery Management group for marines and completed person-centered treatment plans.
- Provided individual counseling sessions to assist marines in moving through the stages of recovery.
- Co-facilitated Intensive Outpatient Treatment and presented hour-long educational units.
- Participated in multidisciplinary treatment team staffing, completed treatment notes, and participated in staff meetings.
- Adhered to policies and completed paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Facilitated addiction programs for female adult offenders in a state institution.
Addiction Counselor-Part Time Resume
Summary : Addiction Counselor with experience working directly to obtain prior and retro authorizations for outpatient medical and mental health services. Review all outpatient medical and mental health cases of denied insurance claims and the submission of the appeal of all unjustified denials.
Skills : Customer Service, Communication, Management, Organizational Skills, MS Office, Team Oriented, Leadership Skills, Problem Resolution, Problem Resolution.
- Identified, treated, and educated addictively ill patients who may have co-occurring mental health disorders or special treatment needs related to substance abuse.
- Used the cognitive-behavioral theory with clients.
- Performed intake summaries and discharges for clients entering and exiting the program.
- Reported to court personnel as needed regarding the clients.
- Used SMART software system to document, and maintained paper files.
- Provided treatment and early intervention group counseling sessions on a weekly basis, as well as individual counseling sessions, once a month for each client.
- Conducted individual sessions to help patients reach their treatment goals.
- Obtained samples for drug screens, also prepared patient progress reports and maintained timely and accurate patient paperwork and records.
Addiction Counselor III Resume
Objective : Caring professional with excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills, work well as a team member, capable of handling multiple tasks, and also work well independently.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Geriatric Counselor, Residential Care, Group Counseling, Dual Diagnosis Therapist.
- Conducted client intake evaluations and determined appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provided counseling and case management to adolescent clients in individual and group settings.
- Facilitated the transitional process of the adolescent client throughout the phases of the treatment program, and modification of treatment needs/goals.
- Provided and maintained complete documentation of all provided services and clinical information.
- Promoted and maintained productive working relationships with other service provider agencies and provide community-based education services as needed.
- Maintained a standard of behavior that is at all times consistent with agency expectations and program philosophy as outlined in the agency's policies and procedures.
- Provided direct clinical services to adolescents in an outpatient setting.
Addiction Counselor-Temp Resume
Summary : Seeking a position in an environment that will challenge further; while allowing to contribute to the growth and success of this organization. Looking forward to working with a company that promotes quality products and services, and provides the opportunity to meet and exceed assigned goals.
Skills : Counseling, Customer Service, Organizational Skills.
- Develop, maintain, and present didactics to patients.
- Prepare reports and maintain records for assigned caseload.
- Makes appropriate referrals to outside community agencies and maintains communication with all outside agencies regarding patient care.
- Conduct patient interviews and one-to-one counseling for evaluation and assessment.
- Coordinate treatment plans that reflect the assessment identified clinical problems and input from other team members for all patients under your caseload.
- Facilitate education/therapy groups, provide individual counseling, crisis intervention, and management.
- Assess clients' other needed resources and make appropriate referrals, teach clients about managing symptoms of mental health issues.
Associate Addiction Counselor Resume
Summary : Seeking to find a full-time position as a CSC-AD counselor where one can utilize counseling skills and grow professionally.
Skills : Counselling, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
- Intake of prospective clients for admission to addiction treatment services.
- Community outreach attempts to have more active substance abuse users access services for recovery.
- Assist in providing intervention services to family members of clients who were directly affected by the client's addictive behaviors, which caused dysfunction within the family unit.
- Develop client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Conduct chemical dependency program orientation sessions and HIV prevention.
- Record and maintain the client's urinalysis results in order to verify program compliance and /or active illicit substance use.
- Participate in case conferences or staff meetings.
Assistant Addiction Counselor Resume
Summary : Extensive experience working with at-risk youth comfortable working in fast pace environments. Able to work under minimum supervision.
Skills : Case Management, Time Management, Facilitate Groups.
- Monitors and educates patients on methadone treatment.
- Maintains a patient caseload of a minimum of 40 patients.
- Provides mental health counseling and case management for patients.
- Coordinates patient's medical concerns with nurses and medical doctors.
- Maintains charts with case notes, treatment plans, reports, and all required forms compliant with accrediting agencies' policies.
- Provides mental health referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Assess for mental health crisis: suicide/homicidal ideations.
- Completes intakes with psychosocial assessments and interpretative summaries within the time requirements of the accrediting agency.
- Attends all staff meetings and debriefing meetings (critical incidents) as requested.
Addiction Counselor-Director Resume
Headline : Compassionate, solutions-oriented Addictions Counselor dedicated to providing exceptional care and devising creative treatment plans for adolescents and adults dealing with substance abuse issues.
Skills : AWARDS System, STARS, 10.11., Counselling, Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Managed and maintained a caseload of 15-25 clients in need of addiction treatment services.
- Counseled individuals with active addictions utilizing a motivational interviewing strategy.
- Collaborated with clients to create an achievable treatment plan according to state mandates.
- Compiled all necessary documentation and charting on individual sessions and treatment plans.
- Managed clients that were court-appointed to the center.
- Communicated regularly with Probation/Court Officials regarding court-mandated clients.
- Planned, implemented, and facilitated numerous informative group sessions per week.
- Collaborated with clients to create achievable goals in their treatment process.
Addiction Counselor Resume
Summary : A diversified background in social services and business environments, applying interpersonal, leadership, organizational and analytical skills. Gained experience in program development, instruction, supervision, and administration. Prepared and administered treatment to a diverse population, including those inflicted with HIV, abused and neglected children, teenagers, and adults while working in both agency and home settings.
Skills : Assessments, Treatment Planning, Group Facilitation, Individual Counseling, Patient Education, Documentation.
- Established and conducted group and individual counseling sessions for substance users.
- Facilitated support groups two times a week focusing on drug abstinence and motivation.
- Co-facilitated computer training class on a weekly basis.
- Participated in the case of the conference with the varied disciplinarian as the focus was on common methods of treatment and support.
- Acted in a leadership role maintaining organizational structure in the clinic when the administrator was on disability or vacation.
- Prepared semi-annual and annual treatment plans in a timely manner.
- Assured patients received adequate medication on a daily basis.