Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Objective : To work in an environment that would allow me to utilize my skills in the banking, mortgage and insurance industry. License Personal lines agent for Property and Casualty insurance Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows Vast knowledge of many aspects of banking and mortgage industry.
Skills : Customer Service Call Center Experience Computer Skills Scheduler Collections.
- Responsible for servicing accounts where the customer has filed bankruptcy to determine the appropriate actions concerning HSBC Mortgage Services lien.
- Conducted full account reviews based on bankruptcy law, and noting bankruptcy status, recent activity in court docket, customer intent, in order to prevent financial loss to the company.
- Prepared appropriate forms and ensure complete documentation and compliance within established guidelines; notify appropriate Manager of unique situations.
- Managed timelines involved with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 accounts, including motions for relief, dismissals, discharges and commencement of foreclosure.
- Completed inbound and outbound attorney contact and customer contact where allowed to solicit and negotiate reaffirmation agreements in Chapter 7 bankruptcies.
- Obtained financial statements and make recommendations for account modifications to ensure the ability of customer to maintain their mortgage accounts.
- Completed account analysis and made recommendations for charge-off, including review of lien position, fraud review and appraisal analysis.
Bachelor Of Science
Bankruptcy Specialist I Resume
Headline : Experienced collection /customer service agent in areas including vehicle repossession, foreclosure and bankruptcy specialist with over ten years experience in the residential mortgage industry and in the auto repossession area. A proven track record of efficiency, performance and team leadership qualities with excellent customer service skills. Strong interpersonal skills, reinforced by attentiveness to detail and the ability to assimilate new concepts quickly.
Skills : Professional Sales, Communications Specialist, Minimum Supervison.
- Responsible for auditing and evaluating mortgage accounts that have recently discharged from bankruptcy to ensure accuracy of the active loan status that may prevent company losses.
- Analyzing payment history to account for cashiering and payment processing errors.
- Reconciling outstanding bankruptcy fees and cost.
- Collecting and reading over the bankruptcy and mortgage documents relevant to the discharge audit to access inaccuracies.
- Manually formatting payment histories to account for the loans current payment with trustee.
- Debriefing and responding to the bankruptcy attorney regarding activities on the loan and in the bankruptcy that affects the mortgage such as motions, orders, objections and responses on the court docket.
- Assessing if the loan is to be released to foreclosure, as a delinquent account or an active current loan status.
- Reviewing and responding to the Bankruptcy Trustees pre discharge reviews, Trustees Notice of Final Cure filings and Motions filed to deem mortgage accounts current to prevent write offs.
Bachelor Of Science
Bankruptcy Specialist II Resume
Summary : Assertive, enthusiastic individual. Bankruptcy professional, and auditing consultant with experience in account management and customer satisfaction. Proficient in helping and relating to customers, gathering and analyzing data. Dependable individual with excellent problem solving, auditing and communication skills. Enjoys motivating team members to achieve goals, building team unity and creating a positive work environment.
Skills : Bankruptcy, Microsoft office, Accounting.
- Handle and maintain bankruptcy portfolios and matters ass assigned while mitigating loss and legal risk for the company's clients by accurately managing the bankruptcy process.
- Refer new Chapter 7, 11, 13 bankruptcies to legal counsel for Proof of claims -Review mortgage loans for delinquency and refer for a motion for relief when needed.
- Work electronic case monitoring files, proof of claims, and amended claims.
- Promptly determine when attorney action is required.
- Answer calls from debtors and counsel to assist with any inquiries that they may have.
- Prepare affidavits and declarations for different jurisdictions to be filed by legal counsel.
- Plan Discharge Auditor -Perform acquisition audits for mortgage servicer to confirm the accuracy of all financial balances that were acquired and transferred from the prior servicer; seeking restitution of any unresolved balances, as required.
- Perform bankruptcy discharge audits upon completion of the bankruptcy process, per client guidelines.
Bankruptcy Specialist III Resume
Summary : A mortgage professional with expertise in researching and verifying accuracy of written loan documents and partnering with legal counsel to provide information for litigated proceedings. Reputation for accurately analyzing financial statements and pay histories to ensure exactness in the affidavits requested. Known for ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and meeting strict deadlines.
Skills : Excel, Word, Ten-key.
- Worked with external attorneys' offices to resolve outstanding requests for Relief of Stay in the Motion for Relief process.
- Verified the accuracy of payment histories and the system of record in the bankruptcy and makes corrections as needed including creation of GEMs, having fees written off, balancing suspense on the system, and sending loans to release when needed.
- Identified potential issues as they arose through communication with counsel and brought them forward to superiors.
- Worked diligently and quickly with the attorney's until we had a resolution for all questions and concerns they may have in regards to our line of business.
- Aided co-workers by answering their questions and providing a critical eye as needed to accurately read the systems of record and convey the records to the attorneys.
- Created pay histories of three different varieties depending on the type of loan and what the attorney required.
- Stepped in to help as needed in other areas of the team.
Sr. Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Objective : Experienced professional with a successful career in claims processing, billing, collections, and data entry. Excel at interfacing with others at all levels to ensure organizational goals are attained. A strong leader as well as able to work in a team. Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
Skills : MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, BK Servicing Systems, AS400, AACER, LPS Desktop, Merlin Teller, Customer Service, Knowledge of Medical Terminology, General Office.
- Responsible for a group of medium to high-level risk bankrupt accounts and applying bankruptcy code and general collection law requirements.
- Focused on chapter 13 bankruptcy accounts. Partnered with second level review for ensuring accuracy.
- Performed in-depth account analysis on fees and payment history, verified both foreclosure and bankruptcy fees followed bankruptcy stay laws to ensure compliance and created ledgers for accounts documenting loan history during bankruptcy.
- Reached out to attorneys for loans requiring further research into specifics surrounding individual cases to escalate releases.
- Provided recommendations for misapplied charges and fees, including reversals and write offs following bankruptcy code.
- Performed classifications of transactions, added pre-petition and post-petition due dates and verified payment amounts due.
- Finished with near-perfect scores on both operational production performance and quality risk management.
Bachelor Of Science
Bankruptcy Specialist/Analyst Resume
Objective : Technically skilled bookkeeper knowledgeable in preparing financial statements as well as managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and staff payroll. A self-starter and quick learner. Versatile skill set with experience in Bookkeeping, Bankruptcy, Claims, Collections, and Customer Service. A track record of adapting quickly and effectively to new technologies and applications. An independent worker who responds well to challenges.
Skills : Citrix, COST, FileNet, TMO, LSAMS, SAP,LQP, Quantum,.
- Worked on three member team to handle bankruptcy filings for real estate, telecom and other major companies in the East Coast, Midwest and West Coast.
- Monitored 300 accounts from inception to final decree.
- Managed large volume of communications; reviewed and responded to verbal and written inquiries from attorneys; prepared and filed Notices of Appearance; and handled inbound calls from customers.
- Utilized PACER to review debtors' schedules, Statement of Affairs and other pertinent documents.
- Highly instrumental in time management; effectively met 100% of recording, filing and equipment repossession deadlines.
- Successfully monitored Chapter 11 and 13, and collections activity; included manual mail handling and diligent follow-up on delinquent accounts including telephone calls and written correspondence.
- Proved highly efficient in prioritizing documents and key items related to cases and filings.
- Instrumental in helping to resolve preference claims.
Certificate In Paralegal
Jr. Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Summary : Driven and self-motivated bankruptcy mortgage specialist, that exceeds company objectives to secure client satisfaction and loyalty. Currently seeking an energetic clerical role that will challenge my leadership and interpersonal skills. Looking to add value to an organization's quest for excellence.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite.
- Responsible for handling retail product loans when a customer has filed a Chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 bankruptcy.
- Supported a portfolio in excess of 1000 accounts with a bankrupt status, both secured and unsecured loans.
- Determined the cost effectiveness to attorney assign on new filings, ie Reaffirmation agreements, Motion for Relief from Stay, Objections to a Chapter 13 plan, etc.
- Maintained correspondence with the attorneys to ensure Key's interest in the collateral is pursued to the degree necessary.
- Drafted written and verbal responses to the OCC, Executive Inquiries and customer complaints.
- Monitored for payments, repossessions, and surrendered home on secured loans during the active bankruptcy.
- Pursued secured collateral after the bankruptcy discharged via letters and phone calls.
- Reviewed all incoming correspondence for Chapter 13 plans, adversary proceedings, notices of foreclosure, trustee disbursements, and letters from attorneys.
Diploma In Business
Bankruptcy Specialist/Executive Resume
Summary : Highly motivated, flexible, and results driven. Detail-oriented, but with the ability to meet stringent deadlines. Proven ability to comprehend and apply modern technology. Team player who can communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Skills : Lega Research, Administraion, Title Pawn, Audit, Compliance Laws, Repossessions, Bill of Ladings.
- Review and monitor active Chapter 13 cases for potential future payments and reduction of balance.
- Review and monitor active Chapter 7 cases to negotiate with customer's attorney via phone, mails reaffirmation agreements and modifications, and provides recommendation for the recovery of vehicles after dismissal of cases.
- Review e-mails sent by the Bankruptcy Court dealing with new filings, motions by customer's attorneys, and motions set forth by the courts.
- Prepare proof of claims, and motions for relief, if accounts become delinquent.
- Monitor and follow-up on plan confirmation, dismissal of bankruptcy and discharge of debt.
- Process all bankruptcy accounts in accordance with policies, procedures and processes, which include processing payments and loan modification paperwork when plan treatment is verified.
- Code bankruptcy accounts appropriately within computer system.
- Handle approximately 70 or more incoming calls daily.
Realtor In Real Estate
Asst. Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Summary : To utilize my many years of experience in the Legal Field and Administration as a Bankruptcy Paralegal and extensive knowledge in Consumer Bankruptcy Law/Foreclosure Defense as well as Office Management.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, Drake Software.
- Preparing and assigning loan files to an attorney to institute legal action and to protect the company and client's interest on loans that have been impaired by a bankruptcy filing.
- Coordinate and expedite the handling of the bankruptcy in accordance with FHA, VA, PMI, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and private investor guidelines, state laws and the Federal Bankruptcy code.
- Monitoring the performance of the outside counsel handling the legal process on the bankruptcy.
- Monitoring the assigned bankruptcy loans to ensure that the bankruptcy is handled within Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, state, and investor guidelines.
- Ensuring that the proof of claim is filed correctly and that an acceptable plan is entered and approved within the required guidelines.
- Preparing or delegating preparation of all correspondence for assigned accounts.
- Processing the file when the bankruptcy has been dismissed, stay lifted or the loan has reinstated.
Associate Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Summary : To secure a challenging and rewarding position with a company that will offer career development opportunities, welcome initiative, career-growth and demand excellence in consistently meeting business objectives and exceeding standards.
Skills : Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Manage a large portfolio, evaluate current bankruptcy mortgage accounts chapter 7, 11 and 13 to determine if they are within the qualifying criteria for motion for relief.
- Monitor accounts frequently for payment delinquency.
- Review amended plans after confirmation to make sure that our client is still covered for arrearage and on-going post petition payments.
- Prepare and send out motion for relief, objection to plan to local counsel and monitor court changes on the docket.
- Respond timely to local counsel emails regarding documents needed in order to proceed with litigation, prepare Affidavits.
- Handle inbound calls from Clients, Debtors, Debtors' Attorney, and Trustee and respond to local counsel emails regarding documents needed to proceed with litigation.
- Prepare pay logs and ledger balancing when applicable.
- Systems used consist of LPS, NDC, Radar, Mainframe, LSAMS, AS400, Citrix, Vendorscape, Fortracs and Fiserv.
Bankruptcy Specialist Lead Resume
Objective : Currently looking for a full time position in an environment that offers a greater challenge, increased benefits for my family, and the opportunity to help the company advance efficiently and productively.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft office products: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Outlook Versions: 2003, 2007, and 2010 Proficient in West Law, Lexis Nexus, Hot Docs Proficient in operating systems: Alltel, LPS Desktop, CMS, Vendorscape, and Mortgage Serv. Proficient in E-Filing.
- Reviews and completes bankruptcy documents ensuring accurate factual information such as name, title, state, and country Performs timely follow-up with attorneys and bankruptcy trustees.
- Ensures that follow-up for hearings, discharges and other critical steps such as request referrals on delinquent bankruptcies, etc.
- Maintains a production tracking sheet, including updating systems to reflect document completion.
- Maintains up-to-date accounting ledgers to ensure the discharge process is accurate.
- Performs administrative tasks, including Default tracking work queue for loan set up and completing document copy requests received by attorneys Receives, processes negotiates, and secures bankruptcy documents on debtors in bankruptcy.
- Verifies and completes proper filings of proof of claims, reaffirmation agreements and motions as needed.
- Receives, processes negotiates, and secures payments on debtors in bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy Specialist Resume
Objective : To transcend into a position that will promote the best opportunity for growth with an increased development of skills and professionalism.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Terminology, Microsoft Office, Internet Research, Spreadsheets, Reporting Receptionist, Self-Motivated, Multi-Tasker, Appointment Scheduling Social Media Customer Service Quick Learner Detail Oriented.
- Managed CitiFinancial and OneMain Financial bankruptcy portfolios ensuring strict compliance to rules and regulations.
- Negotiated with attorneys and trustees over cases, loan modifications, proof of claims, pay outs, subordination agreements, amended plans, modified plans as well as prepetition and post petition arrears.
- Provided professional and courteous customer service in dealing with internal and external conflict resolutions.
- Case management of accounts submitted for litigation such as motions for relief, objections, and adversary proceedings.
- Managed Bankrupt accounts with the upmost attention to detail following Bankruptcy Law and Citi procedures.
- Reviewed AACER, National Data Center, Websphere, Site-X, File-Net, AS400, MAESTRO, DRI, Symphony, CACS.
- Conducted research on bankruptcy matter to assist outside council, respond to court or attorney inquiries, and review trustee payments via remedy.