Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Certified Ophthalmic Assistant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : scribe, billing, fundus photography, fluorecien angiography, iv certified, OCT's, surgery coordinator, prep patients for procedures, b-scans, scheduling, slit-lamp exams, tonometry, interpretation of testing, etc.
- Prescribed appropriate medications to treat eye diseases and infections.
- Analyzed test results to develop proper eye care treatment plans.
- Referred patients to outside healthcare professionals for additional medical treatment.
- Prescribed appropriate therapeutic procedures to correct vision problems.
- Assessed refractive conditions of eyes with retinoscopes.
- Conducted ocular motility tests to measure function of eye muscles.
- Instructed patients on proper care of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant II Resume
Objective : To obtain an Ophthalmic Assistant position in a growth oriented company, where I can utilize my clinical and administrative skills while acquiring new abilities.
Skills : Certified Medical Assistant/ Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/ Certified Ophthalmic Scribe/ Medical Secretary.
- Reviewed appointment schedule to determine patient visit sequence.
- Performed basic and routine vision screenings and examinations.
- Managed data and information for electronic medical records and standard formats.
- Maintained ophthalmic instruments to peak condition.
- Dispensed and applied eye medications as prescribed by ophthalmologists.
- Assisted ophthalmologists with surgeries and laser procedures.
- Performed other technical skills as needed to support eye care provider.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) Resume
Summary : To secure long term employment where I can utilize my skills, knowledge, and experience while growing professionally and attributing to your companies goals and objectives. I have had a wonderful career in ophthalmology and I am currently looking to use my skills in a different setting.
Skills : Answer phones, Inventory & Order supplies, Team player, self starter.
- Head photographer using external, fundus and slit lamp cameras.
- Performs ophthalmic examinations including the assessment of visual acuity (that includes distance and near, monocularly/binocularly, and pinhole as well as perform visual acuity on small children and infant including use of the TAC test.
- Stereo acuity, color vision, basic ocular motility and assessment of pupils.
- Lensometry either manually or with an automated instrument.
- Tonometry using the Goldmann applanation, tonopen, and I-care.
- Goldman visual fields and Humphrey visual fields.
- Patient education and services for patients including instruction on instilling ocular medication and contacts including soft and rigid, and proper wear of an eye patch.
- An aseptic technique in minor surgical assisting.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant III Resume
Objective : Experienced and versatile team player with strong work ethic. Varied employment settings and accomplishments enable me to take on new responsibilities with enthusiasm and with a strong desire to work efficiently while holding myself to a high standard in any task I undertake.
Skills : Customer service and support, Retail management.
- Greet patients and perform preliminary testing including Humphrey Visual Field, Screening Visual Field (FDT), auto-refraction, & lensometry.
- Obtain medical histories of patients through interviews.
- Assist in evaluation of patients by use of acuity testing, manifest refraction, applanation tonometry, and other various testing.
- Administer ophthalmic medication for testing purposes and treatment.
- Perform extended testing of patients including topography, pachymetry, fundus photography, and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
- Assist with in office procedures, transcribe for doctors, schedule surgery, schedule consultations with specialty practices, and perform presurgery testing (manual keratometry/a-scan biometry).
- Help with patients check in/out, accept payments, schedule future appointments, answer & direct phone calls, order and stock supplies and medications, and clean equipment in examination rooms.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant I Resume
Summary : Obtain a position within a professional organization that values their people, a positive working environment, and displays a high level of integrity with all that they come in contact with. Seeking a position that will allow me to utilize my medical and/or administrative knowledge and my superior customer service skills while also affording me the opportunity to grow and reach my fullest potential.
Skills : Word, Excel, Management, Administrative Assistant, Customer Relations, Accounting, Patient Care.
- Ensured all other assistants were appropriately assigned and tasks were completed.
- Ensured rooms were adequately prepared to the doctor's specifications and for the medical procedure/exam being completed.
- Provided excellent customer service and care to patients.
- Completed all stages of charting to ensure medical records were accurate and complete.
- Made contact with insurance companies to ensure procedures, appointments, and equipment were properly covered.
- Checked in with patients to confirm progress, follow-up appointments, and to provide ongoing care.
- Monitored inventory and ensured that proper supplies were readily available.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Contact Lens Technician Resume
Objective : Strong organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work independently as well as effectively interfacing with team members on all levels.
Skills : Ophthalmic Technician, Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant, Ophthalmic Surgical Assistant.
- Performs general Ophthalmic Assistant duties during the clinics to Ophthalmologists within the group.
- Administer specialized test and screenings in a wide variety of ophthalmic conditions, including patients with glaucoma, oculoplasty, cataract and retinal eye conditions.
- Assists with general minor office procedures to corneal treatments for Keratoconus.
- Working knowledge with EMR Ophthalmology specific (Athena and Allscripts).
- Performs pre surgical assessments and measurements for intraocular and corneal procedures.
- Patient education in various surgical and medical eye conditions.
- Scribing and assisting with the ophthalmologist during clinics.
Sr. Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Headline : Certified Ophthalmic Assistant with expert knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA compliance. Passionate and dedicated with established career working in Ophthalmology and surgical settings. Support quality patient care and education.
Skills : Retinal photography.
- Collect thorough medical, surgical, family and social history.
- Check visual acuity, Goldman applanation, refraction and glare, retinoscopy.
- Check for abnormalities in pupils and confrontational field.
- Perform pachymetry, OCT/HRT, fundus photography, A-Scans, Humphrey visual field and goldman visual field.
- Member of the OSHA committe.
- Designated as clinic lead for glaucoma clinic.
- Skills Used Retinoscopy, visual field testing, pachymetry, Goldman applanation, tonopen, i care, refraction and glare testing, ptosis visual field, OCT nerve, OCT retina, HRT nerve, fundus photography.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
Jr. Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Objective : Highly trained Certified Ophthalmic Technician with strong clinical abilities and a successful career as an Ophthalmic Technician and Retail Manager. Proactive and organized with passionate commitment to first-rate patient care.
Skills : Certified Ophthalmic Assistant as of April 2015.
- Measure visual acuity, including near, distance, pinhole, or dynamic visual acuity, using appropriate tests.
- Conduct tonometry or tonography tests to measure intraocular pressure.
- Take and document patients' medical histories.
- Administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications.
- Conduct visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Take anatomical or functional ocular measurements of the eye or surrounding tissue, such as axial length measurements.
- Assist physicians in performing ophthalmic procedures, including surgery.
- Measure and record lens power, using lensometers.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Associate Resume
Headline : Dependable Skilled negotiator with customers Easily adaptable to change Persistent Value Integrity Experienced Supervisory skills.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Emr, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing, Medical Records Management, Customer Service, Communication, Phone Etiquette, Team Leadership, Problem Solving, Organization.
- Prepared patients and assisted ophthalmologist with surgery and laser procedures.
- Educated patients regarding proper eye health and hygiene.
- Demonstrated how to properly clean the eyes and correctly do warm compresses.
- Collected and calculated diagnostic data; and ensured to remain current with documentation guidelines.
- Recognized an emergency situation and initiated appropriate plan of action.
- Reviewed and monitored ophthalmologist schedule for efficiency.
- Assisted in the orientation of new employees, and recognized and utilized opportunities to teach other staff members.
- Performed liaison duties between patients, referring physicians, and hospital staff.
Associate Of Applied Science
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Resume
Summary : Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Office Manager Certified Ophthalmic Assistant experienced in assisting doctors during exams, and educating patients on exam findings. A very dependable and hard worker who always puts patient care first and strives to make sure patients are always comfortable and at ease during their time at the office. Years of experience in this industry has resulted in extensive knowledge in cataracts and glaucoma, in addition to expertise and precision in testing for each of these conditions.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Scribing charts, Minor in office procedures, Assisting in Lasik surgery, Supervisor, Scheduling, Scheduling Appointments, teching, OCT testing, visual field, topography/pentacam, wavescans, fundus photography, applanation, cell count, auditing charts, Training.
- Greeted patients, answered telephones and scheduled upcoming appointments.
- Triaged incoming phone calls from patients and other medical offices/hospitals and determined whether or not the patients needed immediate care and would work the patient into the schedule.
- Acquired thorough patient histories and chief complaints, vision screenings, and color vision screening.
- Used lensometers to measure and record patients' current glasses power.
- Performed refractions and provided patients with an accurate glasses prescription.
- Administered testing needed by the physicians.
- Conducted visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Conducted optical coherence tomography (OCT).