Chief Nursing Officer Resume
Summary : Over 22 years of experience in the acute care setting managing bedside direct caregivers. Developed excellent nursing and leadership skills with the ability to interact, identify, inspire and manage-up within organizations.
Skills : Nursing Administration.
- Respons for Nursing Service management of patient care through the delegation of responsibility and authority to Supervisors and Unit Coordinator.
- Directs and evaluates nursing staff and patient care activities to maintain compliance to standards of care and performances standards.
- Delegate responsibility of decision making to the lowest appropriate Nursing Service level.
- Assumes administrative responsibility of hospital in absence of Administrator.
- Communicates appropriate budgetary information to the Unit Coordinators and delegates to them the responsibility of meeting monthly unit budget.
- Maintains staffing in a manner that insures the proper nurse/patient ratio and reduces overtime to a minimum.
- Monitors expenses on a monthly basis and operates the department within the budgetary guidelines.
Sr. Chief Nursing Officer Resume
Summary : Obtain an Chief Nursing Officer position in Operations where can utilize expertise in developing a team oriented environment with staff and physicians in order to provide excellent patient care and outcomes while meeting facility goals.
Skills : Goal Oriented, Team Building, Leadership Skills, Communication Skills.
- Responsible for all Nursing Care delivered in the facility.
- Collaborated with Nursing Management to implement current standards of practice and evidenced based nursing care.
- Facilitated work with physicians and system informatics team in successful Computerized Physician Order Management implementation.
- Participated in System Nursing Initiatives with Chief Nurse Executive Team that focuses on patient safety and quality.
- Implemented a Supply Management Team to review variations in processes and reduction of loss charges.
- Co-led Medical Surgical Telemetry and Medical Surgical Pediatrics Unit Consolidation to one Medical Surgical Units with both Pediatric and Telemetry capability.
- Implemented daily Staff Recognition program at Bed Board Meeting.
Chief Nursing Officer III Resume
Summary : Career oriented individual with a strong background in management, seeking employment in the health care industry with a respected establishment where leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills will utilized.
Skills : Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Assistant.
- Responsible for the ER, OR, PACU, Same Day Surgery, Acute Care, Swing Bed, ICU, Social Services.
- Prepared and reviewed yearly budgets and monthly expense reports for all departments.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired professional and non-professional staff.
- Completed yearly performance evaluations and competencies.
- Assisted in new program development and Physician recruitment.
- Expanded outpatient wound care program yielding 10 fold increase in profitability in one year.
- Assisted Nursing staff with Intensive Care and Medical Surgical patients as well as serving as the OR, PACU, Pain Management, and endoscopy nurse during surgical procedures.
Master's In Nursing
Chief Nursing Officer II Resume
Summary : Chief Nursing Officer with progressive experience in developing and leading high performing teams.
Skills : Clinical quality and performance improvement, Nursing.
- Reported to the COO and responsible for executive leadership for nursing and select ancillary services for 365 bed flagship hospital with the Sisters of Mercy Health System.
- Oversaw $136 million in operating revenue and 450 FTEs.
- Exceeded budgeted revenue and productivity targets yielding a positive $1 million in operating margin.
- Developed nursing department infrastructure from the ground up.
- Created organizational chart, position descriptions and recruited top talent for these positions in less than six months.
- Introduced model for leadership accountability through 90-day strategic planning tools.
- Revised nursing budget and staffing plans to align with Thompson/Reuters 15th percentile performance.
Chief Nursing Officer I Resume
Objective : Extensive background leading strategy and business development for health care companies. Spearheaded the development of new home care agencies within large metropolitan markets with documented success.
Skills : Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Care.
- Reported to the hospital president, managed an $87 million operating budget with approximately 1,500 FTEs.
- Responsible for nursing services and over 48 cost centers providing nursing care.
- Sponsored staff nurse team in design/implementation of Nursing Peer Review, which was then extended to two other OhioHealth hospitals.
- Lead Daily Bed Board/Safety Meeting with facility leadership that focuses on patient safety, quality and service.
- Directed nursing administration and centralized staffing, including planning, budget and personnel management, policy development/implementation, and consultation with staff and senior management to ensure achievement of educational and recruitment goals for internal and external stakeholders.
- Managed and oversaw nursing operations across the region, including design and implementation of nursing roles, work processes, and workflows to improve effectiveness and efficiency and support System and goals.
MS In Nursing
Chief Nursing Officer/Technician Resume
Headline : An experienced healthcare professional with over 20 years of experience in a variety of settings. Seeking a work from home opportunity where range of professional skills can be utilized to assist others with healthcare needs.
Skills : Nurse Tech, Nurse Assistant.
- Coordinated team for HCAHPS, core measures, and Commission Surveys.
- Responsible for teaming building which resulted in increasing patient's scoring from next to last in the company (197) to one of the top ten hospitals meeting patient expectations.
- Provided support in improving Core Measures, which resulted in being recognized nationally along with 1,300 hospitals.
- Participated in several complaint surveys involving CMS/ TJC and State agencies.
- Promoted marketing aspects to support the hospital image in the community.
- Participated in several committees to improve relationships within community organizations associated with the hospital.
- Served in an administrative role encompassing all aspects of clinical care.
Associate Chief Nursing Officer Resume
Summary : Extensive knowledge of regulatory (JCHAO, Interqual) and federal regulations (CMS, HIPAA), as well as Medicaid Experience with the Private and Medicare appeal processes. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously Strong analytical skills.
Skills : HMO, PPO, ASO products, and Medicare payment methodologies.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the company including independent managed care, medical appeals, and as well as pharmacy authorizations.
- Responsible for claim appeals using Medicare DRGs and Outpatient surgical grouping as well as observation stays who at that time were limited in diagnoses that met observation status by Medicare.
- Prepared company for URAC reaccreditation.
- Recently received full accreditation for Independent Review Organization.
- Investigated and composed recommendations regarding health care services and benefits.
- Presented to the clients' Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for the office computer operations, including ordering of software and hardware products and management of licenses.
Health Care Management
Chief Nursing Officer/Specialist Resume
Summary : Self-motivated service-focused professional with 16 years of health care experience. Detail-oriented and organized individual who exemplifies professionalism, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment.
Skills : Nurse Tech, Nurse Supervisor.
- Provided management and leadership for 54 bed hospital.
- Managed areas to include; Nursing, Respiratory, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Surgery, PACU, Pre-op, Dialysis and Dieticians.
- Oversaw all day to day operations of hospital.
- Provided leadership to Managers and staff, manage supplies and staffing, disciplinary decisions and operational decisions daily.
- Provided clinical education support for staff and instruction to new employees.
- Developed and implemented new policies and procedures.
- Participated in community and hospital boards and meetings.
Masters Of Science
Asst. Chief Nursing Officer Resume
Summary : To utilize nursing knowledge and administrative abilities in a challenging leadership position; becoming part of a senior management team committed to strategically improving community health and wellness.
Skills : Medical Tech, Medical Assistant.
- Directed, facilitated and coordinated overall operations of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinated and directed inter and intra-departmental projects and foster consultative and collaborative communication in professional practice.
- Coordinated efforts in recruiting, retaining, and developing staff in areas of responsibility.
- Coordinated and verified that areas of responsibility comply with local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrated effective communication and accountability for problem solving.
- Developed research based orientation program for new nurses in ER, OB, and Med/Surg.
- Developed a system for organizational Policy and Procedure review, revision, and development.
Chief Nursing Officer Resume
Objective : Worked in many areas such as Med Surg, Critical Care, Emergency and Surgical Center. Received many awards for excellent patient care and customer satisfaction.
Skills : Nurse Tech, Medical Tech.
- Served as senior leader for the Department of Nursing of this 35 bed accredited rural facility.
- Implemented a multidisciplinary charting system wherein all disciplines could document.
- Restarted morning multidisciplinary meetings for all medical-surgical patients.
- Used creating staffing methods to cover all departments when outside staffing was unavailable.
- Contracted with Nursing Agencies for supplemental nursing care.
- Served on the Home Heath and Rehabilitation Advisory Boards.
- Attended and provided monthly reports to the Hospital Board of Directors.