Contract Writer Resume
Objective : Dynamic, dedicated and versatile professional, with a unique skill set to augment extensive hands-on experience in education, publishing and non-profit operations. Adept at tracking meticulous detail in challenging tasks despite demands of fast-paced and deadline-driven work environments.
Skills : Editorial support, SEO knowledge, Management.
- Browsed various books and internet sites and researched on assigned topics.
- Composed and delivered academic articles, research papers, reviews, and guides.
- Proofread, edited, and corrected all given reports, properly and efficiently.
- Created and submitted documents for formatting to the design team and publishers.
- Prepared internship contracts and assisted with the placement of all interns, as required.
- Validated eligibility of students for special programs and monitored the academic progress of selected students.
- Assisted in generating Operational Environment content and performed overall editing.
BS In Journalism
Sr. Contract Writer Resume
Summary : Committed and motivated writer with exceptional customer service and decision making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, and great initiative looking to expand her skill set in a new job opportunity.
Skills : Web design, Computer proficient, MS Office.
- Responsible for creation and format consistency of word documents including, but not limited to, various proposals, technical papers and briefs, Statement of Works, Memo of Agreements, and Strategic Plans.
- Edited documents for comprehension, concise content, and arrangement of TOC's, citations, and appendices.
- Assumed configuration control of various PowerPoint briefs for consistency in formatting, compatibility, and aesthetic design.
- Generated monthly summary news briefs from government and private industry reports and congressional bills and rulings.
- Maintained and updated monthly Environmental Scans briefs for distribution among NAWCAD Leadership Teams.
- Gathered data from various government, public, and private sources concerning DoD/military accomplishments, events, and concerns.
- Selected relevant data and grouped into five categories: Political, Technological, Economic, and Social.
B.A. In Communications
Jr. Contract Writer Resume
Headline : Contract Writer will help develop and write technical manual content for Navigation Aid equipment installation, maintenance, and operation, including networking and software topics.
Skills : IT Project Management, Programming.
- Authored digital lessons and assessments for middle and high school American History textbooks published by Pearson, the world's largest textbook publisher.
- Researched and curated internet resources, then documented each piece of information, lessons required extensive research among primary documents.
- Created lessons, interactive activities, research projects, and project-based lessons that require students to apply Levels 3 and 4 of Webb's Depths of Knowledge (DOKS).
- Retrieved and stored digital input and output in a publishing repository.
- Received mail and sent a mail out for important documents that were time-sensitive.
- Assisted with the coordination and management of all aspects of marketing planning, promotion, public relations, and marketing research in support of the sales and marketing staff and the goals of the firm.
- Developed and created a more effective filing system to accelerate paperwork processing.
Master Of Arts In History
Contract Writer (Content Marketing) Resume
Headline : As a technical writer and editor for over 6 years, worked with remote teams for 4 years, acquired excellent communication skills, excelled in meeting commitments and challenges, self-motivated, worked collaboratively or independently, planned and lead writing projects, mastered an understanding of products, mastered writing for Agile teams, focused on results.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Writing, Editing.
- Contributed to and drafted title and content review and market surveys.
- Created JIRA tickets for titles.
- Processed payments for honoraria and vendor invoices.
- Drafted agreements and contracts with authors and contributors.
- Created sales and adoption reports.
- Created and managed project schedules.
- Maintained and updated data in key editorial systems.
- Interacted with key functional groups within the company (Sales, Production, Legal, etc.) and also with authors, instructors, and students.
Contract Writer (Full Time) Resume
Summary : Professional with writing, editing, project management, and associate producing experience with a proven track record of managing personnel and company resources, team building, and customer relations currently looking for new opportunities as a writer.
Skills : Management, Blog Posts, Project Management.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements with employers.
- Drafted and revised collective bargaining agreements.
- Incorporated memoranda of the agreement into new contracts.
- Advised union representatives on FMLA and scope of benefits.
- Advised employee representatives on grievance procedures.
- Represented members in arbitration hearings for suspension and termination cases.
- Drafted documents and memoranda for the National Labor Relations Board.
- Researched legal issues and prepared corresponding memoranda regarding labor-management relations, policies, handbooks & training, disability, accommodations & leave management, and employee benefits.
B.S in Journalism
Lead Contract Writer Resume
Headline : A results-oriented and confident Technical Writer with many years of experience in technical writing and audio-visual training. Have solid experience in writing for software applications and heavy equipment. Have a keen ability to gather information from multiple sources. A true team player and leader, collaboratively working with the staff at all levels.
Skills : Writing, Editing, SEO, Localization, Producer, Management Experience, Public Speaking.
- Created a service manual for Vibratory Roller as a contract writer for the Integrated Solutions Group.
- Gathered material for service manual from photographs, Operator's Manual, Parts Manual, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Developed a troubleshooting chart and then wrote service procedures.
- Coordinated art for service manual from photographs and parts manual.
- Served as the Marketing Manager's right hand in creating an effective website for the firm.
- Wrote and edited over 200 attorney biographies.
- Wrote substantial content for the About Us page.
B.S. In English
Contract Writer (Technical) Resume
Headline : Dedicated professional with expertise in communications, marketing, and customer/client education. Skilled in project management, creative problem solving, and meeting customer needs. Offers a rare combination of in-depth financial expertise, professional presentation skills, ability to simplify complex concepts, and collaborative approach with clients and teammates.
Skills : Writing, Editing, Reporting, Communication.
- Worked with Mechanics/Instrument Technicians to complete red-lines of documents.
- Collaborated between the Mechanics/Instrumentation Technicians to create a clear description and justification.
- Provided preliminary document formatting.
- Collaborated with supervisors for training updates (i.e. review training material to determine if updates are needed).
- Collaborated with MRO when part numbers are changed to ensure the parts are on the BOM.
- Initiated EMDCR for maintenance plan changes, part number, and quantity changes, new equipment.
- Collaborated with safety for review of safety changes.
- Routed physical documents for review to Maintenance Supervisor, Manager, and Maintenance Systems.
Contract Writer (Freelance) Resume
Summary : Expert writer, editor and communications practitioner with substantive strategic planning experience with 10 companies. Focused on creating clear, effective, compelling communications designed to achieve key business goals. Experienced in content management systems.
Skills : WordPress, Blogs, Writer for Program Proposals, and Grant Writer.
- Produced strategically focused copy for intranet, print, and e-newsletters (WHA, GoM, TCR) for 11 major sites, 6,000 employees, and thousands of contract workers.
- Fostered employee loyalty/empowerment, improved morale, and communicate strategic messages on safety, environmental compliance, and operational reliability.
- Wrote popular monthly health/wellness features (WHA).
- Wrote/edited strategically focused internal communications in challenging post-Deepwater Horizon (GoM) and post-refinery explosion (TCR) environments.
- Used content management system (CMS) to input articles/artwork (GoM).
- Communicated multi-billion-dollar re-commissioning effort (TCR), translating highly technical info into strategic, compelling copy.
- Responsible for designing, creating, and writing short stories and articles,
B.S Of Arts
Contract Writer (Part Time) Resume
Summary : Creative and collaborative writer and journalist with a proven track record in copywriting, editing/proofing, content production/management, research/fact-checking, blogging, press releases, SEO, and web development. Adept at generating efficient and effective content catered to technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills : Writing/Editing, Training Manual Design, Graphic Design.
- Created multi-genre content, including video scripts, SMM, and self-help articles.
- Collaborated in developing content plans and schedules for various clients.
- Developed, edited, and tested processes and procedures for converting Mellon Financial Corporation's Private Wealth Management systems.
- Provided support to the Editor, Managing Editor, and Technical Editor for the Materials Research Society's monthly magazine.
- Served as a member of the project team for standardizing desktop applications throughout Financial Corporation.
- Responsible for data entry and administration of the project's application tracking database.
- Utilized the knowledge of various writing styles and software systems.
M.A. In Publishing
Contract Writer Resume
Headline : To obtain a Contract Writer position that will allow growth, both personally, and professionally, while being able to enhance the company's productivity and good reputation.
Skills : Salesforce, CRM, Technical Writing.
- Vetted customers on website listings and procedures, entered notes into the CRM database.
- Educated customers on property evaluations and due diligence, sold auction.com properties.
- Negotiated customer needs and wants, prepared strong customer bids.
- Calculated customer cost of acquisition, presented final figures.
- Created calling campaigns, consisting of inbound/outbound calls, followed up on all leads.
- Noted as a top performer while maintaining a 150% conversion rate.
- Worked with writers, editors, and publishers to provide quality, original creative work by contract guidelines.
Bachelor Of Science