Director of Accounting Resume
Summary : Developed a company plan reducing the monthly burn rate by 37% per month resulting in multi-million dollar savings per year. Established and developed the first annual planning, forecasting, operating and capital budget systems, and identifying cost savings resulting in 15% expense reduction. Provided strategy and oversight for developing new pricing models and re-pricing existing products, increasing profit margins from 45% to 60%.
Skills : Quickbooks, Word, Excel, NetSuite, Forecasting, Human Resources, Budget Development.
- Strategically planned and led all aspects of short and long term financial planning and budget requirements for a leader in third party verification.
- Developed and maintained new accounting policies, procedures and controls in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Successfully executed strategic corporate objectives and managed the aggressive expansion and strategic growth of the company, recognized by "INC 500" as the fastest growing company two years in a row.
- Led and completed a multi-million dollar acquisition of the company by a large publicly traded multi-national corporation.
- Coordinated closely with executive management and participated in short-term and long-term decision making to execute the company's overall business strategies to achieve financial objectives.
- Achieved company-wide effective cost controls in order to reduce SG&A costs in each division resulting in 20% cost Professional Experience reduction and expense control.
- Proactively made recommendations to the executive team regarding cost saving/profit generating opportunities and profit improvement strategies, developing creative strategies for improved services and cost reduction resulting in a 10% improved profit margin.
- Thoroughly prepared and reported month-to-month variance analysis to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations regarding classification and reporting of all assets, liability, equity, revenue and expenses.
Director of Accounting & Finance Resume
Objective : Honesty Integrity Leadership Professionalism Results oriented Accountant with experience in Business and Governmental organizations. Possess strong skills in managing accounting personnel, process/project management and financial analysis. Accounting experience in areas includes budgets, forecasts, receivables, payables, payroll, inter-company, treasury, and financial accounting.
Skills : Excel, Auditing Skills.
- Managed, supervised, trained, developed and mentored 4 member staff assigned to the accounting department.
- Delegated tasks to personnel based on strengths in order to successfully manage the smooth operation of 10 properties and 5 HUD funded programs.
- Actively coached and developed the finance team members to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Developed and implemented guidelines, objectives, policies and procedures regarding financing of the Authority's development, Public Housing Program, Section 8 Program, Capital Funds budget and expenditures, all grant programs and various other financial activities.
- Monitored compliance with Federal, State, and local legal requirements by studying new and existing HUD guidelines; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports and advising Executive Management on necessary courses of action.
- Ensured compliance with all operating policies and procedures, including audit principles related to separation of cash management and investment responsibilities and maintenance of proper documentation and authorization for all activities and transactions.
- Protected $73M in assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maintained primary responsibility for printing and distribution of vendor and Section 8 landlord checks.
Bachelor Of Science
Director of Accounting II Resume
Summary : Extensively experienced and goal oriented finance manager with a demonstrated track record of leading the preparation and analysis of financial reports to summarize and forecast financial position for the DHHR Secretary and/or the Governor.
Skills : Leadership, Analytical, Risk Management, CFO, Controller,.
- Administrative Services Manager IV Manage and direct all functions encompassing the Office of Accounting's three Divisions; Accounts Payable, Payroll and Accounts Receivable, and General Accounting and Reporting.
- Plan and coordinate complex accounting and federal grant-related activities that involve statewide programs administered through Children & Families, Medicaid, and Behavioral Health including the seven state hospitals.
- Analyze, recommend, develop, and implement revisions to current accounting software for compliance with new federal and/or state statutes.
- Plan, direct, and finalize, and approve WVDHHR policies/procedures regarding financial activities including reaction to new federal regulations, OMB Circulars, and WVFIMS (State Accounting System) policies and other promulgated rules and regulations.
- Oversee the distribution and investment of funds held in trust for the children who are in the care of WVDHHR.
- Develop a highly skilled accounting and financial management team to achieve established objectives.
- Interact with the Dept of Administration, WV State Auditor's Office, WV Treasurer's Office, and State Purchasing.
- Responsible for the oversight of a $3 billion budget and associated expenditures.
Assistant Director of Accounting Resume
Summary : Versatile, diligent, creative, and resulted-oriented accounting professional, who undertakes complex assignments, meets tight deadlines and delivers superior performance. History of outstanding interpersonal skills, customer service and a unique ability to build trust and relationships. Provide accounting support that ensures accurate and timely reporting in accordance with U.S GAAP. Spearheads initiatives to improve internal processes and reduce inefficiencies.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, RFMS Flooring Software, Spruce Netware - Building products software, Quickbooks, ProLaw.
- Revamped the company's accounting department during its initial expansion, which helped establish standards for a centralized system.
- Centralized all accounting activities at corporate which helped fine-tune the accounting system and standardizes company's polices and procedures.
- Supervised all phases of the accounting operations in those areas related to property management, which helped aid in the company's expansion.
- Implemented an integrated standard for financial reporting, which helped site managers monitor their progress towards achieving key goals, as they relate to tenant retention, vacancies, work orders, etc.
- Created and encouraged an open and communicative environment that encourage on-site managers to work closely with accounting in formulating its site specific management plans and operating budgets for the coming fiscal year.
- Helped foster a healthier working relationship, which increased efficiencies in providing detailed analyses of property management costs and expenses and executive summaries.
- Ensured all transactions, as they relate to cash receipts/disbursement, payroll, etc., are processed and documented properly, which helped reduce waste, inefficiencies, and control on-site spending.
B.A. In Business Management
Director of Accounting III Resume
Headline : A senior level accounting professional with an M.B.A. and more than 15 years of extensive experience managing numerous accounts simultaneously, performing monthly closeout activities, investigating budget variances and conducting audit reports. A seasoned leader in healthcare accounting, including payroll, accounts payable and budget compliance with a background in nonprofit and corporate organizations.
Skills : Accounting, Budgeting, Business Analysis, Billing.
- Reorganized the operational processes to optimize staff performance and production resulting in lower turnover, more successful underwriting and higher client satisfaction.
- Created and managed a new accounting department for the for-profit company, hired personnel and developed policies and procedures conforming to GAAP and non-profit external audit requirements.
- Managed IT processing and reporting projects including designing UI, SQL queries and QA tests for existing and new cost centers and programs.
- Outsourcing these duties, the company saved an approximate $200K per year over five years.
- Managed an $80M budget requiring intensive planning and forecasting knowledge, monthly department review and analysis by a program, and quarterly allocation review and adjustments.
- Assisted Directors and VPs with income and expense allocation and budget forecasting by developing budgeting spreadsheets that more closely tracked income and expense variations.
- Created a financial reporting tool to seamlessly integrate COTS and proprietary financial and operational systems to summarize and disburse funds, increasing the accuracy and reducing the timeline for disbursements.
Bachelor Of Arts
Director of Accounting I Resume
Summary : Over twenty years of progressively responsible positions in the field of Accounting, I bring to any position extensive knowledge and experience concerning financial, administrative and customer service matters. While the majority of my work experience is in the Accounting field, I have always been enthusiastic about thoroughly learning the industry in which I am working. Experience in managerial positions has allowed me to develop very strong customer service and problem resolution skills.
Skills : Spanish, Directing Skills.
- Performs highly technical and complex duties in support of finance and accounting functions Initiates staff involvement in strategic planning and assist with financial management of accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger allocations.
- Assures accounting information is accurately being reported in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and report on a rational system for provider reimbursement and tracking.
- Analyze and maintain program and related budgets Budget development and administering of month-end journals to align with campus budget.
- Conducts review of campus-wide monthly and fiscal year budgets and identify budget improvement where is necessary.
- Formulate logical and objective conclusions and make recommendations for effective solutions Database reporting for the contract deliverables Analyze financial information, practices and procedures Supports fiscal year-end close and audit preparation.
- Provide oversight and fiscal management for all programs.
- Member of an eight-person Executive Committee which oversees campus - wide operations, policies, procedure, finance and administration.
Associate Director of Accounting Resume
Summary : Accountant with 10+ years of full cycle accounting experience. Accomplished in oversight of month/year-end closing, management of accounting processes and staff during periods of rapid company growth, and adept communication with all levels of the organization. Important member of senior leadership team based on exceptional interpersonal and technical skills, along with a strong understanding of processes and ability to lead a team.
Skills : Budgets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bookkeeping, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Powerpoint, Strategic Planning, Social Media, Operations Management.
- Executive management team member responsible for designing, budgeting, planning, directing and developing financial management operations for three corporations, each with multiple pharmacy locations.
- Directly responsible for Accounting, Financial Reporting, Payroll and Human Resources.
- Supervise the preparation and analyze the monthly financial statements with annual gross revenues upwards of $50 million.
- Evaluate and summarize metrics, industry benchmark comparisons and annual budget analysis for the President and Board of Directors for each corporation.
- Developing business synergies between three corporations including six pharmacies to decrease customers cost by 20% annually.
- Return on investment to members within 12 months of beginning operations.
- Consolidated business process improvements that enhanced Accounts Payable functions, established common vendor files, eliminated duplication and reduced monthly processing time by 20%.
- Implementation of Workday ERP (enterprise resource planning) system for accounting, financial management, and human resource systems.
Director of Accounting & Controller Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Director Of Accounting with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Accounting, Excel, Peachtree, Accounting, Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Management, Operations, Quickbooks, Word.
- Performed divisional internal operational and financial audits, significantly improving internal accounting and financial reporting controls.
- Performed third party partner audits, identifying underpaid royalties resulting in significant third party cash settlements.
- Performed acquisition EBITDA multiple analysis and onsite international due diligence and oversaw due diligence performed by third party advisors.
- Charted and presented divisional P&L and working capital statistics and prepared dashboard analysis for discussion with senior and divisional management, identifying significant inventory and accounts receivable issues.
- Performed forecasting for underperforming divisions and identified divisions for significant restructuring.
- Provided recommendations regarding staffing and restructuring of accounting departments.
- Screened resumes and interviewed for hiring of divisional controllers and staff accountant positions.
- Administered accounting exams to applicants.
B.S. In Business Administration
Jr. Director of Accounting Resume
Objective : Over 20 years of experience in the high tech industry. A proven record in managing accounting and finance functions driving business transformation and achieving successful financial outcomes through effective use of systems, analytics and business insights. Management of general and cost accounting functions in both public and private company environment.
Skills : Excel, Word, General Ledger, Reconciliation.
- Manages operations workflow for accounting department and financial reporting.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital, and prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements (summary and Line of Business) on a Statutory and GAAP basis.
- Prepares reports and presentation materials summarizing the annual business plan along with coordinating and preparing the annual operating budget.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information; prepares various journal entries such as expense accruals, reclassification entries, and consolidation entries.
- Coordinate and review all General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review Statutory Reporting such as Annual Statements, Quarterly Statements, MD&A, RBC, Annual Audited Statement, etc.
- Prepares presentation and analysis necessary for reporting to rating agencies.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of accounting and internal control procedures.
Director of Accounting/Director Of Finance Resume
Summary : Responsible for Performing comprehensive research and analysis, and developed financial guidelines, policies, and procedures ensuring compliance with accounting, auditing, and state standards.
Skills : Accounting Manager, Community Manager, Director Of Accounting, Director Of Accounting.
- Diversified provides common interest development management services for condominiums, planned unit developments, industrial associations, master associations and maintenance associations.
- Manage all accounting; general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer care, and capital projects for over 70 properties.
- Successfully prepare monthly financial statements, and cash flow reports.
- Provide and present monthly financial data analysis and reporting to board members and executive management.
- Develop and prepare annual operating budgets for over 70 Homeowner Associations, working with senior management, finance committee, and board members.
- Monthly delinquency monitoring and legal interface; small claims and collections.
- Accurate financial reporting and control for 88 Home Owners Associations - Financial Management.
- Responsible for annual audit interface with CPA.
Director of Accounting Resume
Summary : Results-oriented professional with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Exceptional research, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Strong ability to develop and strengthen internal/external client relationships.
Skills : Word, Excel, Poweer Poiny, MS Office, QuickBooks, Banner, SPSS, NVivo, And Blackboard.
- Managed and coordinated accurate general accounting and financial reporting.
- Hired, trained, supervised, and evaluated productive performance of accountants, office support, data processing, and cash operations' staff.
- Developed and submitted, timely, monthly financial reports to Senior Executive Staff, Board of Directors, administration, and faculty.
- Monitored and ensured sustainability of internal controls systems and processes.
- Reviewed and approved weekly check requests and purchase requisitions; maintained accurate checking account cash balances and supervised vendor payment processing.
- Managed grant accounting and prepared audit reports for Federal and State agencies.
- Managed and reviewed department budgets and other resources.
PhD In Education