Director Of Materials Management Resume
Objective : Extensive Inventory Control, Supply Replenishment, and Receiving Management Practices Procurement Management Effective Supplier/Manufacture Negotiator Contract and GPO Compliance Management Excellent Understanding of Clinic and Acute Care Operations Served within Multi-Specialty and Single Healthcare Institutions. Selected and Implemented Materials Management Information Systems MMIS. Value Analysis Committee Leader Project Management System Integration Policy and Procedure Development Lean Six Sigma.
Skills : Supply Chain Optimization, Continuous Improvement, Inventory Management, Warehousing Optimization.
- Resoluted Health hospital is 365,000 square feet, 128 private bed Acute Care facility providing a broad range of specialty services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, imaging, wound care, rehabilitation, obstetrics and Level III neonatal ICU.
- Recruited by Resolute Health as Director of Materials Management during start-up phase of hospital construction project to develop, implement, and manage overall supply chain methodology and practices, including: capital equipment purchase, supply and services procurement and management, Lawson Materials Management application implementation.
- Developed centralized Materials Management department operations, structure and service accountability including; department logistical planning and physical layout, staffing, perpetual inventory and patient care area supply par locations.
- Responsible for Capital equipment selection, overall procurement, on-site delivery schedule and placement.
- Developed required core supply item listing for clinical/patient care area use.
- Managed capital budget dollars and expenditures for start-up major and minor capital equipment purchases.
- Served on Construction Project Team.
Sr. Director Of Materials Management Resume
Summary : Support the distribution and sales and client service teams’ business development and capital raising initiatives across all Private Markets Products.
Skills : Supply Chain Optimization, Continuous Improvement.
- Created implementation timelines, maintaining relationships with all working teams to ensure timely issue identification and resolution, ensuring product implementations adhere to the implementation plan and budget.
- Supported preparation of client prospect materials, capturing industry data and helping prepare quarterly market overviews and white papers.
- Supported the marketing team on a quarterly basis updates to the data warehouse and the updates of the pitch materials. Provide additional support as needed.
- Provided ad hoc support to any of the Private Markets teams on one off requests or small projects (e.g., presentation creation, research tasks, writing copy for whitepapers).
- Created presentations and other materials used in senior management meetings.
- Supervised a staff of twenty five, including three purchasing agents on multiple shifts.
- Created "standard operating procedures" with business rules for all facilities warehouses to transact and move materials use best practices from all facilities.
- Responsible for submitting accurate and timely financial reports for the facility.
Jr. Director Of Materials Management Resume
Objective : Committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients, physicians, employees and our community; and to the maintenance of an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and pride with compassion and respect for each person.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Negotiation, mentoring, leadership, inventory reduction.
- Directed the complete supply chain operations of all raw materials and finished goods for both the Commercial Graphics and Distribution divisions of the organization.
- Responsible for all production scheduling, procurement and purchasing activities, inventory management and control, receiving and shipping, and all freight management activities.
- Managed all commercial purchasing negotiations with all suppliers, managed and created all item numbers of all material types in both divisions of the organization.
- Created BOM's, routings, jobs, and the production schedule for Graphics manufacturing.
- Led the daily Production Scheduling Meetings with the cross- functional Operations team.
- Created and distributed all production performance metrics.
- Managed and administered a comprehensive Cycle Counting program for both divisions.
- Responsible for all inventory variances, and adjustments.
- Directly managed a team consisting of a Production Scheduling Specialist, Purchasing Specialist, Receiving Clerk, and Shipping Clerk and was responsible for their safety, productivity, and time management.
Director Of Materials Management I Resume
Objective : Obtain employment in Materials Management/Purchasing or other management/customer service positions.
Skills : Customer Service, Contract Negotiation And Management.
- Directed the activities of personnel engaged in the purchasing and distribution of goods and services from an off campus location to the main hospital complex and two medical office buildings.
- Responsible for the Print shop.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures regarding the purchasing systems within the hospital and owned physician practices and ambulance service.
- Planned, directed and implemented Meditech's Materials Management Module, created processes to best utilize the system and improve inventory management and customer service.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures regarding the purchasing processes within the hospital and owned physician practices and the EMS services.
- Implemented Meditech's MM/ORM module interface to create a perpetual inventory and better manage assets.
- Reduced out of stock occurrences by 30% annually for 2 years in a row.
Director Of Materials Management II Resume
Headline : Results-driven, quality-focused professional with extensive experience in Materials Management. Held the position of Community Cares Champion. Marketing and promoting standards in our daily activities. Our goal was to create great places for employees to work, physicians to practice medicine, and patients to receive safe, quality care.
Skills : Microsoft, Schedule Appointments.
- Maintained MMIS and all GPO and independent vendor contracts.
- Supervised a staff of twenty-five, including three purchasing agents on multiple shifts.
- Administered and directed the purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment for the hospital.
- Hired, trained and coordinated the activities of personnel, receiving, storing and issuing purchased items.
- Consulted with other Department Managers to assist in preparing requisitions, resolving discrepancies and determining effectiveness and quality of products purchased.
- Arranged with vendors for replacement of defective items purchased, the filing of claims for damaged orders received or solution of another vendor/hospital problems.
- Reviewed requests for medical equipment, furnishings, supplies, and other items to assure that requisitions meet with purchasing policies and contracts.
Director Of Materials Management III Resume
Summary : Operating and Management Professional offering over 20 years of management experience in purchasing, accounts payable and supply distribution in the healthcare industry. Solid business insight with the ability to ascertain and analyze needs, forecast goals, streamline operations and envision new program concepts.
Skills : Typing, Management.
- Contributed member of the hospital's senior leadership team of a new start-up Physician owned licensed Acute Care Hospital.
- Solicited quotes for an estimated 38 million in capital equipment and supplies for the initial opening of the hospital.
- Worked with our GPO (Med Assets) to establish contracts.
- Completed credit applications for all possible vendors in order to assign account numbers and EDI set up for POs and A/P.
- Loaded all supply items into the Materials Management Meditec System.
- Ensured quality department operations and adherence to organizational guidelines by developing a comprehensive set of policy and procedure manuals to set the bar for supply chain operations.
- Maintained and established inventories and par levels for the hospital.
Asst. Director Of Materials Management Resume
Objective : Proven leader and team builder with 14 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, including Procurement, Materials Requirements Planning, Inventory Management, Warehousing, Transportation & Logistics. Solid track record of consistently meeting and exceeding organizational goals.
Skills : Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Inventory.
- Oversaw the material planning and purchasing for Comair flight operations and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities (FAR Part 121 and 145) and Delta Private Jets (FAR Part 135), including the establishment of reorder points for expendable inventory, material use forecasting, management of inventory levels between maintenance bases, management of AOG (aircraft on ground) Desk, and coordination of inventory availability with production planning.
- Guided and directed team of 102 materials planning, warehousing/distribution, and import/export personnel based in FL, NC, NY & OH.
- Oversaw inventory investment activities, spares parts optimization, and inventory turns for $72MM in aircraft inventory.
- Orchestrated design of organizational processes, measurement systems, and infrastructure for newly created Materials Management Unit responsible for materials planning, warehousing/distribution, and import/export.
- Ensured compliance with GAAP, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Dept of Transportation (DOT), Dept of Defense (DOD), International Air Transport Association IATA), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and Environment Protection Agency (EPA) regulations.
- Managed unionized (IAMAW) and non-unionized workforce.
- Successfully managed $40MM operating budget and $3MM capital budget.
- Created inventory expenditure and investment plan to improve inventory turnover from 1.2 to 1.6.
- Achieved $300K in cost savings through inventory pooling schemes.
Associate Director Of Materials Management Resume
Headline : Highly disciplined, dedicated and results-driven professional, experienced in business and operational management. Champions an outstanding record for process improvement and revenue expansion. As a change agent, identifies added value to products, associates and procedures to collectively maximize synergy within the company.
Skills : Microsoft, Management.
- Promoted from smaller HMA facility.
- Responsible for all hospital purchases and the distribution of all supplies.
- Responsible for the Materials Management computer system.
- Responsible for all reporting to Corporate office.
- Supervised 11 FTE's.
- Increased Storeroom turns from 5.8 to 12.1, a corporate goal.
- Standardized crash carts-adult and pediatric.
- Established and implemented policies and procedures for purchasing and distribution.
- Revamped par supply system.
Lead Director Of Materials Management Resume
Summary : Over thirty years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment with responsibilities in purchasing, material control, production control and warehousing.
Skills : Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Contract Negotiations, Windows.
- Directed and supported the daily activities of 8 buyers for 31 warehouse locations and 2 production facilities all located across the United States.
- Directed Buyers to replenish inventories using Min/Maxes, MRP, DRP, stratification of inventory items and forecasting models.
- Facilitated corporate growth by expanding the size of the Purchasing Department and the range of products handled, resulting in department growth from 4 to 9 people as annual sales increased from $60 million to $125 million.
- Developed and maintained vendor relationships, negotiating corporate pricing, terms, and rebate programs.
- Purchased 30,000 tons of wire rod annually both offshore and domestically depending upon scrap values, market conditions, etc.
- Purchased inventory sourced offshore.
- Participated in quarterly physical inventories as Branch Coordinator which meant was responsible for verifying that all remote branches had conducted their inventories and researched their variances in accordance with our established procedures.
Director Of Materials Management Resume
Summary : A challenging position in Director Of Materials Management offering opportunities for advancement and growth while capitalizing upon 35+ years of diverse and highly successful experience underscored by excellent organizational abilities and communication skills.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Performs a broad range of functions associated with purchasing and materials management in order to maintain an appropriate inventory of supplies and products within specified budgetary limitations.
- Accountable for all purchases and capital expenditures within the entire organization, also assist with Accounts Payable.
- Oversees all patient medical supply charges for the entire hospital.
- Handles contract negotiations for services on medical equipment.
- Performs account and some general ledger entries.
- Trains, schedules and supervises a three person staff and prepare monthly performance reports.
- Develops goals and annual budget proposals.
- Interacts with all levels of hospital administration and staff.
- Acquires materials or products, not usually stocked, for unusual or unique patient needs.