Financial Aid Assistant Resume
Summary : As an enthusiastic, driven professional with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in stressful and demanding environments, seeking a position as a Receptionist.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Provide clear and accurate information to students seeking financial aid to pay for school tuition.
- Explain policies, regulations and financial aid procedures.
- Make photocopies and operate a variety of standard office machines.
- Often inspected forms for missing information and fraudulent information, Filed forms and records.
- Answer questions regarding the status of various accounts and attend to problems or complaints from customers in person and over the telephone.
- Performed various clerical and administrative duties for the Finance Department.
- Organized and maintained confidential documents or files of students Elaborated brochures related to foundation scholarships for students Reviewed reports.
Sr. Financial Aid Assistant Resume
Summary : Over 5 years of experience and proficiency handling machines, careful attention to details, exceptional batching skills, and accountability to supervisors, which have been described as outstanding by past colleagues and employers in the manufacturing industry, will be needed in achieving maximum output in production.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Google application, Inventory, Customer Service Representative.
- Counsel students and parents on financial aid procedures and eligibility criteria.
- Assist students with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid via Electronic Data Exchange.
- Perform first-time borrower entrance and exit interview counseling.
- Attain annual training on Student Information System Financial Aid Management Systems Plus.
- Supervise four work-study and two student assistant workers.
- Assist in the design and preparation of financial aid materials for student and parent information.
- Assisted students in completing FAFSA, loan applications, and other documents necessary to receive aid, scholarship, and deferments.
Bachelor's In Art
Jr. Financial Aid Assistant Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Financial Aid Assistant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Self-Motivated, Quick Learner, Inventory, Budgeting, Account Reconciliation, Invoices, Purchasing, Shipping And Receiving, Distribution.
- Assisted students with information regarding policies, procedures, important dates, available assistance, and loan information.
- Prepared, distributed, and collected VA and financial aid applications verified the completeness and processed verification, for an applicable student.
- Distributed, collected and verified additional documentation to resolve conflicting information and to determine student eligibility for Professional Judgment, due to hardship.
- Evaluated students to confirm academic progress is maintained with, quantitative and qualitative SAP policies.
- Remained current on VA, state, and federal regulations, through research, webinars, and conferences.
- Prepared folders for students, maintained filing, accurate records, and phones.
- Assisting students with loan applications and scholarship information Filing and sorting Entering student data information Assisting with essential workshops to benefit the students.
BS In Business
Financial Aid Assistant III Resume
Objective : Motivated, organized, detail-oriented professional who demonstrates excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, and the ability to think critically to solve problems; dedicated team player with a strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Skills : Customer Service, Public Speaking, Billing, Filing, Typing.
- Perform specialized clerical duties in the processing and tracking of financial information.
- Assist the student body with the completion of scholarships and grants.
- Process and file all student financial information.
- Advocates and acts as a liaison for students with other post-secondary institutions, provincial and federal agencies, and other college departments and services.
- Provide students with information on the types of responses they will receive and the required action they will need to take, based on the type of application they are submitting.
- Assists students in determining the type of funding that best suits their current and future needs.
- Making sure that student ID's are on all documents that the office receives.
BA In Political Science
Financial Aid Assistant II Resume
Headline : Current Financial Aid Assistant at University of Pennsylvania Student Financial Services Contact Center. Former Clerk/Typist to the Degree Desk in the Office of the Registrar at Teachers College, provided degree verification, multiple degree and early clearance verification to students by letter, including verification of excess credits.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, SIMIS Database, Banner, Niolij, Google Calendar, Gmail, ImageNow.
- Complete and explain financial aid projection to prospective students.
- Adjust payment plan based on ISIR correction and student status data changes.
- Maintain and update all financial aid records on the computer.
- Confirm student's information through online programs such as NSLDS, COD, Selective service, FAFSA on the web.
- Clerical Work: mailing, copying, filing, computer data entry, errands, etc.
- Assisted and preparation and filing of financial aid papers Teach clients in filing FASA forms.
- Prepared financial aid packets and distributed them among the students.
Financial Aid Assistant I Resume
Objective : Professionally call handling In a friendly and timely matter with all that needed to be done per call. Demonstrated team work. Keep a smile on and positive attitude on and off the phone.
Skills : Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliation, Budget Planning, Cost Analysis, Excel, QuickBooks, Cash Management.
- Processed Federal Pell Grant payment authorizations via Electronic Data Exchange with the Department of Education.
- Provided financial aid counseling to students and processes student financial aid files in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Monitored verification of initial attendance and tracked unofficial withdrawals" as related to Title IV eligibility.
- Examined student records for Satisfactory Academic Progress status.
- Mastered multiple complex government databases Created and maintained student files while adhering to FERPA laws Tracked student documents.
- Answered Multi-Line Phone System Typed letters & Other correspondence Worked with Students & Public Banner Knowledge.
- Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
Financial Aid Assistant/Associate Resume
Objective : To work for a company that will utilize my work experience in Financial Aid, Office Administration, and technology skills with the opportunity for advancement.
Skills : Excel, Faxing, Scanning, Copy Machine, Collections, Telecommunications.
- Responsible for customer account inquiries, problem resolution, and other student service related activities.
- Assisted with the review, verification, and processing of FAFSA applications, SEOG, PELL and TSAC.
- Received, verified, processed and receipted third party enrollment fee payment authorization/discount forms.
- Assisted with the review, verification, and processing of outside scholarships.
- Gathered and collated materials for internal distribution or for mailing to designated parties.
- Maintained filing system by creating new files, updating existing files, and removing files no longer in use; pulls and re-files records.
- Received incoming phone calls; provides information, takes messages, screens requests on behalf of supervisor, or referred calls to appropriate person Assisted with the verification and processing of excess financial aid.
- Received, processed, and receipted tuition, fees, and other charges by cash, check and credit card.
Bachelor Of Science
Financial Aid Assistant/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Extremely knowledgeable and motivated Accounting Specialist with more than 10 years professional experience in bookkeeping, accounting, audit, tax operations and other financial services. Strong analytical, project management and customer relationship skills. Excellent writing skills and good interpersonal and consultation abilities.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs.
- Produced month-end journal entries and entered into Soloman to produce financials for the college.
- Financial aid processing per federal requirements.
- Posted financial aid payments to student accounts, performed account reconciliations to determine if the student should receive any refundable funds, produce requisitions and invoices for A/P to cut checks to the students receiving a refund.
- Performed a financial aid audit in preparation for the college's first State Audit.
- Entailed reviewing every active student's personal file for all required documents and transcripts.
- Filling, data entry Checks corrects and maintains a variety of financial and other business records and documents.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to faculty, students, staff and the public on fiscal policies and procedures.
Associates In Finance
Financial Aid Assistant/Manager Resume
Summary : Strong communication, multi-tasking, negotiation skills required Strong computer navigation skills and PC knowledge typing 45 words per-minute. Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a concise, clear and focused manner. Flexible with the ability to adapt to changes and think conceptually.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Widows Operating System, Yosemite Operating System, Computer Software Repair.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Provided answers and/or advice to customers based on their particular requirements and customer profile.
- Use word processing software and student information to develop correspondence and retrieve information.
- Provide direct service to students and parents with regard to Federal and State financial aid programs.
- Completed through phone calls, emails, working the front counter, and any other avenues available.
- Analyzes student data and checks for completeness and accuracy of the documentation (Tax Return, Verification Worksheet.
- Perform document tracking to better serve students; collects, managers and maintain sensitive records.
- Communicate orally and in writing with students to ensure accuracy and completeness of the application in order to meet appropriate timeless for registration and payment of fees.
Financial Aid Assistant/Consultant Resume
Summary : Communications student with excellent writing and communication ability. Brings additional valuable knowledge from playing sports having a competitive drive and working well with others. Proficient hard worker looking for an opportunity to use my knowledge and experience to help grow in Sales, Human Resources, or Communications company.
Skills : Excellent customer service skills, Very organized and great with multi-tasking.
- Conducted initial financial aid interviews, calculated, and packaged financial aid awards and interacted with up to 100 new and continuing students through financial aid, admissions, graduation process.
- Autonomously organized and revamped current student and graduate files.
- Created a tracking system and linked student records such as transcripts, attendance, grades, contact hours, and graduation certificates using Microsoft Excel.
- Created and updated statistical data system using Access and Excel for federal and state compliance audits.
- Processed and distributed monthly stipend checks and manually posted received payments.
- Promoted to Admissions Coordinator to oversee admissions, accounting, and registrar responsibilities.
- Assisted with the completion of FAFSA paperwork for students.
Master Of Science
Financial Aid Assistant/Counselor Resume
Summary : To provide the best quality service for your company and to utilize strong skills. Financial Aid Assistant is responsible for the coordination of financial aid programs and services for students, faculty, staff and guests at the College. The Financial Aid Assistant is also responsible for any other project related to financial aid.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Mathematics.
- Communicated with customers, employees and other individuals to answer questions, disseminated and explained information, took orders and addressed complaints.
- Answered telephones, directed calls and took messages.
- Copied and file records of office activities and business transactions.
- Reviewed files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Operated office machines such as photocopiers, scanners, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Assisted financial aid department and director with filing fiscal documents for students Guided college students through the financial aid process by expertly answering questions and assisting with filling out financial aid documents.
- Filed student documents Assist with briefings.
Financial Aid Assistant Resume
Summary : Motivated customer service specialist with over 10 years retail experience in a fast-paced, team-based environment. Friendly Sales Associate adept at working in diverse retail and customer service environments.
Skills : Accounting, Audit.
- Assist students at the front counter with filling out documents and providing information regarding the financial aid process.
- Provide information regarding eligibility for Pell Grants, Cal Grants, Loans, and Federal Work-Study.
- Scan completed documents into the Singularity system. Access students account using Banner software.
- Dealt with functions pertaining to the Vocational Rehabilitation program, issuing funds for awarded financial aid.
- Responsible for the corrections on the input, transmit and maintaining records on electronic applications.
- Reviewed and generated appropriate reports related to financial aid, managed student files, updated SIS screens and assisted with collection and analysis of all other financial aid data.
- Assisted with training courses for incoming students applying for FAFSA online.