Freight Broker Resume
Objective : Managed operations for UPS for over 4 years. Training employees on proper safety procedures, as well as maintaining their work performance was meeting our standards.
Skills : CAPM Certified by the Project Management Institute.
- Market, negotiate freight rates, and sell transportation services to established carriers nationwide for a leading transportation company.
- Research high-traffic market areas nationwide; identify potential carriers; and determine carriers' logistics needs.
- Prepare, present, and close quotes/bids with carriers.
- Freight Scheduling: Post loads daily to high-volume internet load boards to increase load visibility and opportunities to carriers nationwide.
- Identify prime carriers and coordinate reliable scheduling to achieve high-quality satisfaction for both carriers and customers.
- Coordinate emergency pickups and deliveries of freight when necessary.
- Research, identify, and coordinate backhaul loads for dedicated fleets to provide timely service for customers and additional revenues for the company.
BBA In Marketing
Sr. Freight Broker Resume
Summary : Driven to exceed goals and build long term relationships with clients. Positive experiences through high-quality customer care. An excellent communicator as well as patient and empathetic.
Skills : Computer Skills, Front desk skills, Communicating with people.
- Described product to trucking companies and accurately explained details and care of materials they would be hauling for my customers.
- Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.
- Communicated with my customers regarding back order availability, future inventory and special orders for my trucking companies.
- Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele.
- Effectively communicated with and supported sales, marketing and administrative calls on a daily basis.
- Developed reputation as an efficient service provider with high levels of accuracy.
- Scored in top 10% of employees in successful resolution of issues Recipient of multiple positive reviews acknowledging dedication to excellent customer service.
Jr. Freight Broker Resume
Objective : Business development executive experienced in all aspects of sales and marketing, contract negotiation and account management. Accomplished in business development offering expertise in generating significant company growth through lead generation, customer service and sales and marketing techniques.
Skills : Bilingual.
- Arranged transportation for customers who averaged 15 to 20 orders daily.
- Recruited to grow the refrigerated freight side of the company.
- Aided in growing the company to over 1 million in sales as this branch was in the red its previous 6 years.
- Worked with multiple distributors and large chain stores in providing trucks for their orders.
- Worked with other employees on securing trucks for contracted orders when needed.
- Personally averaged about 5 to 7 new loads daily while clearing our load boards which averaged 25 to 30 loads daily.
- Main focus was to cover daily loads within the branch.
Bachelor Of Arts
Freight Broker III Resume
Headline : To utilize sales abilities and management experience for the enhancement of overall company profitability and service. Learned the importance of being a team player and self-motivator.
Skills : Clerical experience, Sales experience, Motivated, Dependable, AdaptablEe, Microsoft Programs, Journalism.
- Service and product planning, implementation, as well as troubleshooting, and dispatching trucks.
- Daily operations included multi-tasking sales, account management, collections, and freight coverage simultaneously while in a call center environment.
- Built and nurtured customer relationships using creativity to develop freight shipping solutions customized to specific needs.
- Increase sales by building a strong customer and carrier relationship.
- Responsible for assuring all aspects of the Company's freight processes operate at maximum potential.
- Assuring full truckload shipments are being covered for customers and that LTL shipments are effectively managed.
- Trained 3 brand new agents from the ground up to very great brokers.
Freight Broker III Resume
Headline : Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Trained and have trained in electronic logs.
- Update customer orders in Express system and upload the orders to 3sixty for freight carriers to view.
- Call customers to confirm that orders are still available for shipment.
- Call freight carriers to check availability of trucks in a variety of locations.
- Answer phones, locate loads in Express system to verify order is available, refer calls to the appropriate person.
- Print Order Confirmation and Dispatch for loads that are brokered.
- Follow up with driver and his Dispatch to confirm that load is picked up and delivered in a timely manner.
- Update Express with information on the load progress.
Freight Broker II Resume
Headline : To obtain a position with a good Salary And Benefits within an organization that will allow me to utilize experience and willingness to help others.
Skills : Word, Excel.
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
Supply Chain Management
Freight Broker II Resume
Summary : An asset with a successful team that will satisfy goals of maximizing their full potential. Receive any group or individual performance awards or certificates.
Skills : Very good at coordination, Team worker, organization, and work at a fast pace.
- Secured third party capacity for all loads within designated mode of transportation.
- Handled extensive rate negotiation on a daily basis.
- Networked with internal Sales Associates on matching capacity with available loads.
- Monitored daily progress of our third party carriers.
- Obtained timely updates from the carriers to ensure our loads are in the proper status.
- Monitored and updated third party insurance requirements.
- Obtained billing information from third party capacity to ensure we properly billed our customers.
- Sourced new carriers to add to our carrier base.
Associate Freight Broker Resume
Objective : Freight Broker who maintains a high level of professionalism, patience and efficiency to minimize customer dissatisfaction and increase customer loyalty.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite,Investigative, Attention to detail, Critical Thinking.
- Reviewed new customer orders and requests and manually entered data into a centralized database.
- Manually created shipments, assigned carriers and dispatched shipments.
- Completed and followed up on all registration and traffic documents.
- Communicated all emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors.
- Coordinated rush orders and order changes.
- Monitored shipments to guarantee on-time delivery.
- Provided accurate and appropriate information in response to customer inquiries.
Freight Broker/Technician Resume
Objective : To obtain a position that will allow to utilize my technical skills and other experience gained from education and employment to date.
Skills : Microsoft Office, 10 Key, PC or Mac, Phone Systems, Apple/Android Tablets.
- Booked freight, & negotiated freight costs.
- Tracked down trucks to handle specific time sensitive pick ups, & deliveries.
- Dispatched drivers, & tracked their progress throughout the entire pick/drop process.
- Entered the appropriate info into company specific freight tracking software.
- Used several different trucking programs to post freight, & find trucks.
- Handled in coming, & out going calls throughout the day.
- Made a minimum of 150 calls per day to secure trucks for the freight.
Freight Broker Resume
Objective : Over 25 years in sales and management experience. Fast paced environments and work well under pressure. Prefer to find a position utilizing my past experience and talents, however will train for the right opportunity.
Skills : Knowledgeable sales trainer and Recruiter.
- Advised clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Determined method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Entered shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Negotiated and arranged transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
- Notified consignees, passengers, or customers of freight or baggage arrival and arrange for delivery.
- Talked to dispatchers and drivers daily on various loads being picked up and delivered.
- Review Carrier and Customer Invoices for rating accuracies.
Certificate Of Completion