Summary : More than three years of customer service experience working as a librarian. In this position I've had the opportunity to help patrons find books and other materials. This position also gave me experience with various computer programs and allowed me to gain experience handling cash. I have also had more than seven years of experience caring for and four years of experience teaching children of varying ages.
Skills : computer skill, Interior Design.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
Reference Librarian Resume
Headline : Working at different job positions at different institutions. I have good skills of the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency, also I was responsible for full cycle of library process and have some experience in project-management in the educational field. I am responsible, fast-learning, result oriented and communicative person.
Skills : PC literate, good communication and written skills, good presentation and organization skills, basic knowledge of the marketing concept.
- Managed chemistry library of 5000 titles and 120 periodicals.
- Duties involved cataloging, serials management, ordering of books and articles, interlibrary loans, sending journals to binders.
- Implemented InMagic cataloging and serials management system.
- Surveyed scientists for recommendations on new technical publications.
- Ordered technical and regulatory publications.
- Worked with EBSCO serials vendor and periodicals publishers to update print and online journal selections and insure their timely receipt and routing.
- Submitted invoices to accounts payable and insured that they were properly billed to appropriate accounts.
Information And Library Studies
Assistant Librarian Resume
Objective : Quick learner, and am not afraid to ask for help. I would rather get any task done right the first time than have to go back and correct it.
Skills : Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research and electronic databases.
- Replaced worn labels and barcodes to keep materials in good physical condition.
- Reshelved books to maintain a neat and tidy reading area.
- Cleaned and repaired damaged books and library resource materials.
- Troubleshooted technical problems with library computers and other technology.
- Answered patrons' questions at the circulation desk.
- Coached patrons in the use of electronic, print and internet resources.
- Enforced circulation policies and procedures.
- Developed and led activities for children's summer reading program.
Publication Librarian Resume
Headline : To find a position in a field utilizing my medical assisting, accounting and/or administrative experience.
Skills : Librarian, Teaching, Training, Sales, Customer Service.
- Prepared annual budget, kept record of expenditures, circulation, purchase orders and other records.
- Provided materials for the technical and academic needs of all students.
- Processed and prepared materials and equipment for use.
- Inventoried, classified and catalogued education media.
- Planned and organized library media program.
- Taught and encouraged effective use of media to students.
- Integrated research skills into content areas.
Science Librarian Resume
Objective : Experience with a high lift, forklift, electric palletjack, hand-held terminal, computer scanner and cash register A dedicated individual with a strong work ethic Works well in a team setting and individually Excellent communication and organizational skills Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills Flexible and a quick learner.
Skills : Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bi-Lingual Spanish and English.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, card catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Open and close library during specified hours and secure library equipment, such as computers and audiovisual (AV) equipment.
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned, and file catalog cards according to system used.
- Perform clerical activities, such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, typing, word processing, and photocopying and mailing out material.
- Process new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and computer software.
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual and other materials.
Bachelor Of Science
Engineering Librarian Resume
Objective : Responsible and motivated with a drive for excellence. Employed 12 consecutive years with the Roswell Independent School District. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency. Friendly and energetic. Strong organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Customer Service.
- Provided informational services for all members of the Military Community Provided readers' advisory for all ages.
- Performed technical services functions including acquisitions, procurement, cataloging/classification, physical processing, and accountability of materials.
- Participated in collection maintenance, including, shelving, shifting, and weeding Created displays to increase circulation and create interest in programs.
- Planned and directed Teen and Adult programming Networked with other agencies on Fort Knox to provide and obtain materials and services.
- Represented the library and library interests within the on and off-post communities.
- Planned and executed school and community outreaches.
- Participated in presentation and development of technology training and information literacy programs for staff and patrons.
Asset Librarian Resume
Summary : Knowledgeable Reference Librarian/Instructor with 8.5 years in research and circulation services and 7 years of management and training experience to include instruction, planning, organizing, and implementing learning programs, initiating and implementing policy and practice, personnel and budget management.
Skills : Captain of Basketball Team.
- Preparation of programs for adult learner including correspondence Instruct adult learners for GED preparation in a classroom setting as well as one on one.
- Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the library, ensuring compliance with the company directives, State and Federal laws, policy and regulations.
- Oversee the direction of assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Ensure data is entered into company designated computer system to record employees, equipment inventory, and book inventory.
- Review, evaluate and select library material for library, serve as a liaison to teaching faculty on books selection.
- Maintain reference section that is current and meets the need of the Academic programs on campus.
Digital Collections Librarian Resume
Summary : Motivated and accomplished recent college sophomore with strong skills and experiences with computing, Child care, food preparation, food delivery and clothing stores seeking seasonal jobs. As a College student I need a strong structure of finance to support me will in school.
Skills : Computer Skills, Organization, Lidr.
- Coordinated library classes and teacher/student programming at the following High School: Categorized and classified electronic library system according to MARC specifications.
- Organized a fatherhood involvement program through the library Categorized and classified electronic library system according to Destiny specifications.
- Organized a fatherhood involvement program through the library.
- Analyze patrons' requests to determine needed information and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Search standard reference materials, including online sources and the Internet, to answer patrons' reference questions.
- Teach library patrons basic computer skills, such as searching computerized databases.
- Plan and teach classes on topics such as information literacy, library instruction, and technology use.
- Review and evaluate materials, using book reviews, catalogs, faculty recommendations, and current holdings to select and order print, audio-visual, and electronic resources.
Elementary Librarian Resume
Summary : To utilize my work knowledge, background and experience in the workforce. NM Licensure and Certification A.A. in Early Childhood Multicultural Education.
Skills : Microsoft.
- Assist students and staff in locating and using materials in the library media center by answering questions, gathering materials, demonstrating use of equipment and software and operating AV and production equipment in support of classroom instruction.
- Maintains the card or computer catalog, shelf list and other library media files; includes data entry for automated circulation and catalog systems.
- Inventories and maintains equipment; includes changing lamps and other easily replaced parts, performing preventive maintenance through cleaning and lubricating, preparing equipment to be sent for repair, maintaining repair records and inventories.
- Circulates library materials; includes checking materials in and out, sending overdue announcements and maintain overdue records; schedules the use and delivery of audio visual materials and equipment.
- Assist with the ordering and processing of materials and equipment; includes typing orders, maintaining the consideration and order files; engraving new equipment and processing materials.
- Maintains supply inventory and assists in the preparation of supply orders.
- Mentor for high school students via tutoring and volunteer work.
- Hosted Scholastic Book Fairs in support of Literacy numerously through academic school year.
Librarian's Aide Resume
Objective : Patient-oriented CNA licensed in Arkansas. Expert in organizing and time management with top-notched positive attitude and punctuality skills. Develop positive relationships with customers to ensure medical safety and business growth. I also have knowledge with HIPPA and complying with HIPPA Law to ensure that all patients' rights were taken care of. I have had experience outside of the health care field with front desk and customer care, working with a variety of computer programs and handle customers in a friendly and efficient way.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Communication, Management, Organizational Skills, Clerical, Office Management.
- Helped students and community borrowers with computer related problems and/or questions.
- Answered questions about Microsoft Office programs.
- Answered any questions about how to use a computer or how to print something as well as helped with the copier when needed.
- Helped with any questions relating to the college, including basic inquires and campus directions.
- Helped students login to their accounts and with questions about Blackboard.
- Answered the phone, took messages, transferred calls, made reservations for the media or conference rooms, and took payments for late fees.
- Used Microsoft Office, and accessed library catalog.
- Checked items in/out to students and patrons, desensitizing/sensitizing these items.
Human Resource Management
Computer Data Librarian Resume
Headline : Nearly 7 years teaching experience as a foreign language teacher Ability to develop interactive multimedia educational modules Strong computer capability and knowledge to train faculty Goal-oriented individual with strong enthusiasm Organized and highly motivated problem solver Proven ability to collaborate in teams.
Skills : Experience Using Drupal Content Management Systems, Experience With Moodle And Blackboard Course Management Software.
- Conducted extensive research using a variety of tools and resources and directed internal users, government agencies and industry partners to appropriate resources.
- Provided reference services in person and via email, phone, and chat.
- Used library resources to assist in research, in all formats, including scholarly journals and databases.
- Reviewed diverse sources of information and technologies for currency, reliability, relevance, and cost effectiveness, choosing the best sources for fulfilling research requests.
- Developed research strategies and scope, drafted compilation development guidelines, branding rules and linking policies.
- Developed and maintained an information clearinghouse mandated by the U.S.
- Developed a moderation workflow for all data being added to the clearinghouse database.
Objective : Have extensive Knowledge and Experience in Child Care, House cleaning, Construction, Sales, Customer Service, Deli, and Meat & Seafood Departments, Overnight and Day Stocking, Loading/Unloading of Merchandise, Cesar Millan Dog Training style. I am a quick learner, and very Motavated.
Skills : Database, MS Office.
- Processed an average of 20-35 material orders and requests per week.
- Replaced worn labels and barcodes to keep materials in good physical condition.
- Maintained an inventory of contents for the rare books and archives, library collections.
- Re-shelved books to maintain a neat and tidy reading area.
- Cleaned and repaired damaged books and Library resource materials.
- Monitored the lending of reserved course materials.
- Answered patrons' questions at circulation desk.
Apprenticeship In Building