Medical Secretary Resume
Headline : Diligent, detail-oriented Medical Secretary knowledgeable of all office functions, with a solid background of 6 plus years in the healthcare field. Excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, completing projects within time and budget constraints. Superior telephone, customer service and computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Receptionist, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Office Administration
- Contacting patients to schedule appointments with either the physician or physician assistant based on prior testing.
- Meeting with patients to discuss surgery recommended by the physician and any further tested or clearance needed.
- Scheduling a patient's pre-operative testing, surgery, and all post-operative appointments.
- Scheduling any follow-up testing based on inpatient stays in the hospital.
- Contacting other hospitals for medical records and/or imaging reports and disks for physician review.
- Making follows up appointments for the patient at the office or other offices as requested.
- Verifying that each patient has all proper follow-up testing or required appointments fulfilled, prior to coming back to see the physician.
- Contacting outside offices for required surgical clearances and necessary follow up.
Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant Resume
Headline : Goal-oriented Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant, dedicated to patients and to Doctors' and other staff members. Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA compliance. Support quality patient care. Dedicated, friendly, and enthusiastic with over 6 plus years of experience with helping patients and learning new terminology and medications.
Skills : Type 40+ Words Per Minute, Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, NextGen, And Internet,Social And Communication, Exceptional Phone Etiquette
- Communicated with hospitals, convalescent/hospice homes to verify if proper release documentations were in order.
- Researched primary physician information and ensured valid causes of death on a worksheet will meet state law and health code requirements.
- Interviewed doctors about patients' medical history, dates of attendance, and health conditions.
- Advised doctors on how to properly fill out medical information on the death certificate.
- Remedied incomplete vital information submitted by funeral arrangers as per state law in order to maintain scheduled funeral services.
- Typed up legal death certificate based on gathered information specified above prepared burial, transit, and cremation permits and submitted them along with completed death certificate to public health departments.
- Verified contracts agreements with the families of the deceased for accuracy.
- Correlated with county coroners and morgues if decedents did not have a primary physician or if an unnatural death had occurred.
- Performed ship outs that involved preparation of death certificates, calling consulates to verify shipping regulations, confirmed that decedent had no contagious diseases, made an arrangement with airlines for transit, and arranged timely removal services.
Certification in Special Education
Medical Secretary Assistant Resume
Headline : Accomplished and energetic Medical Secretary Assistant with 5 years experience in a fast-paced hospital environment. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include problem-solving & decision making, interpersonal and communication skills as well as being accurate and organized.To obtain a full position with opportunities for advancement and growth as a clerical office worker.
Skills : Typing, Computer, CPR, Patient Care, Office Work, And Customer Care.
- Solely responsible for patient check-in and check-out for clinics scheduled with 40+ patients.
- Collected copays, deductible coinsurance, and payment for durable medical equipment, balanced funds at the end of each day.
- Maintained the clinical schedule, rescheduling patients with incomplete testing and also filling holes created by cancelations, actively kept clinical days productive with patients.
- Responsible for new patient scheduling, including obtaining all insurance information.
- Experience handling patients with no-fault auto insurance claims and worker's compensation insurance.
- Answered patient calls in regards to scheduling, medication issues, and surgery-related questions.
- Validated insurance information and obtaining insurance referrals prior to patient visit.
- Obtained lab reports, imaging, medical documentation, and other chart preparation duties.
- Coordinated insurance approval and script for the patient's MRI appointments.
BA in Psychology
Medical Secretary II Resume
Summary : Accomplished Lead Medical Secretary offering a solid educational background, over 13 years of experience and a strong record of performance in client relations, reliability, and leadership. Significant qualifications include: Maintaining outstanding levels of client satisfaction, retention and referrals through responsiveness, personalized service, knowledgeable assistance and follow up.
Skills : Microsoft Office, MediSys, DigiChart, Powerpoint, Office Equipment, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant, Secretarial, Phones, Presentation
- Maintained database and arrange clinic appointment with the neurosurgeon as well as, pre-op, post-op schedule of various testing for the four-stage process of the epilepsy surgery program for approximately 600 patients.
- Assisted in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical records.
- Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
- Performed qualitative analysis of records to ensure accuracy, internal consistency and correlation of recorded data.
- Researched questions and concerns from providers and provided detailed responses.
- Treated all patients, their families, visitors, peers, staff and providers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Prepared billing correspondence and maintained database to organize billing information.
- Obtained authorization from various insurance companies for special testing.
Senior Medical Secretary Resume
Summary : Competent, energetic Senior Medical Secretary with a demonstrated ability to perform medical and clerical tasks effectively while delivering outstanding customer service in busy medical surroundings. Very capable of staying organized under pressure. Effectively keyboarding up to 40 words per minute.
Skills : MS Office, Internet Fluent, All Automated Office Equipment, Excellent Typist, Filing, Faxing, Photocopying, Document Management, Proper Telephone Etiquette
- Provided secretarial support to one or more physicians in a clinical environment.
- Answered telephones, screen calls, and took messages in accordance with physician instruction and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Maintained physician calendar of meetings and personal appointments.
- Scheduled and confirmed diagnostic appointments, surgeries, and other medical consultations.
- Performed a variety of patient care activities to assist physician and nursing personnel.
- Prepared billing correspondence and maintained database to organize billing information.
- Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted patients.
- Professionally and courteously verified appointment times with patients.
- Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies, and discrepancies in medical documentation.
High School Diploma
Lead Medical Secretary Resume
Summary : Dedicated and focused Medical Secretary II who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. Seeking a role of increased responsibility and authority. Experienced in answering a high volume of incoming calls while handling in-person inquiries from patients and colleagues. Flexible and hardworking with the drive to succeed.Self-starter, dedicated, attention detailed, with a diversified background in many different positions, Upholding high levels of confidentiality, initiative, and personal organizational integrity.
Skills : Microsoft Office, 50 Wpm, Payroll, Clerical, And Medical Secretary,Customer Service, Communications, Medical Terminology
- Scheduling including MRI, CT scan, Angiogram, neuropsychological testing, surgical dates, clinic visits, as well as any other testing required by the neurosurgeon.
- Sending emails through EMR to various doctors offices as well as patient medical records.
- Scanning of insurance cards, review system questionnaires, as well as updating demographics.
- Ensuring all paperwork was accurate and with the pertinent information.
- Sending and requesting medical records, as well as upkeep of digital and paper medical charts.
- Performing secretarial duties, utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic and laboratory procedures.
- Maintaining a high-level competency in all policies, procedures and software programs.
- Maintaining and updating patient files and information in multiple databases.
- Responsible for billing, filing of medical reports, appointment and procedure scheduling.
Junior Medical Secretary Resume
Objective : Junior Medical Secretary experienced working in a fast-paced environment demanding strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills. Trustworthy, discreet, and committed to superior customer service. Detail-oriented and resourceful in completing projects. To obtain a position in a medical/dental front office that will allow me to utilize my acquired skills and knowledge to contribute to the goals of your company.
Skills : General Office, Punctual, Scheduling, Telephone, Business Knowledge, Strongly Organized, Customer Service, Goal-Oriented, Fast Learner
- Operated office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications.
- Prepared reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records maintained medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Maintained patient charts structured and maintained my duties to the best of my ability.
- Reviewed and explained insurance plans to patients to guarantee full understanding of payment policies and procedures.
- Served as a backup to unit clerks, in scheduling appointments and transportation for residents' offsite appointments.
- Triaged incoming calls to ensure the needs of the patient are being met and routing calls to the correct department.
- Created several excel spreadsheets for tracking of physician outdates, travel, physician hepatology hospital service calendar.
- Communicated with various drug companies on a daily basis for patient medications and shipments.
- Triaged patient calls regarding concerns and inquiries for physician resolution.
Medical Secretary & Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Proficient Medical Secretary / Manager with eight-plus years of administrative work experience and Healthcare-related secretary experience. In-depth ability to clearly explain policies, procedures, and regulations to patients and clients. Great expertise of office practices and procedures, office machine operation, Strong typing skills; telephone etiquette. Excellent ability to work under minimal supervision and prioritize work. Grasp of EMR, Vision, Guardian, various computer programs, along with insurance comprehension.
Skills : Clerical, Word, Office Assistant, Phones, Cashier, Office, Type 35 Wpm, Customer Service, Computer
- Responsible for performing clerical duties such as answering telephones, checking patients in and out of the office, collecting copayments, and general customer service.
- Scheduling patient appointments for the office as well as scheduling surgeries within six other hospitals.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a physician's personal work calendar via google, which included the daily office hours, surgery schedule, and management of personal appointments.
- Verifying medical eligibility and benefits for patients who were scheduled for an office visit, medical test, or surgery.
- Involving in all aspects of the new hire process including participating in group interviews, compiling new employee training manuals, and involvement with the training with many new hires.
- Responsible for the creation of new office media and methods that would help streamline the daily operational tasks for all employees.
- Scheduling and confirming patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Interviewing patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms.
Bachelor Of Science
Medical Secretary/Office Manager Resume
Summary : Caring and compassionate Medical Secretary/Office Manager with a proven determination to consistently excel at all assigned duties, seeking to turn medical education into the continuation of a rewarding career with a dynamic healthcare facility. Committed to superior customer service and public relations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Filing, Inventory Management, Medical Terminology, Bookkeeping, Customer Service
- Completing all medical record requests for the office- obtain records from paper charts and electronic medical records.
- Maintaining the confidentiality and accuracy of patient data online and made photocopies of documents for scanning.
- Collecting and posting patient payments by cash, check and credit card and issued receipts.
- Adeptly managing a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
- Verifying patients eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of coding requirements, through continuing education and certification renewal.
- Preparing patient charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
- Professionally and courteously verifying appointment times with patients.
Medical Secretary Resume
Objective : Talented and accomplished Medical Secretary/Assistant recognized for taking a leadership role in support of management. Uses technical and interpersonal skills to enhance organizational efficiencies and operations. Strengths include: Pleasant, friendly, and highly organized. Able to work alone or as part of a team. Hard working, able to multi-task. Superb bilingual written and verbal communication skills. Well-developed administrative abilities. Familiar with data entry and management. Experienced in computers. Background in customer service.
Skills : Customer Service, Communications, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Typing, Filing
- Answering the telephone with the appropriate greeting, accurately recording telephone messages, and relaying the telephone messages to the owner and therapists in a timely manner.
- In charge of filing information in the client's treatment and billing charts accurately, maintaining filing cabinets, and typing correspondence.
- In charge of scheduling appointments for all therapists in charge of verifying insurance benefits for speech therapy services for clients with private insurance before the evaluation appointment.
- In charge of verifying eligibility for clients with Medicaid before the evaluation appointment.
- Maintaining confidentiality as it relates to all clients' medical history and the private practice's information.
- Entering patient demographics, billing of patient services, appointment scheduling.
- Ensuring drug sample room, front desk, waiting area, and exam rooms were clean and neat.
- Greeting pharmaceutical representatives and allowed them time with the doctor.
Bachelor Of Science