Staff Accountant & Payroll Specialist Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented, efficient and organized Staff Accountant & Payroll Specialist with experience in accounting, account reconciliation payroll, domestic and international bank account openings, closings and account maintenance. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly trustworthy and ethical. Resourceful in the completion of projects and effective at multi-tasking.
Skills : NetSuite, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, ADP Payroll, Intercompany Accounting
- Overseeing the payroll distribution and monthly financial reconciliation process for all payroll, including reconciliation against actual contracts.
- Identifying any inconsistencies, potential problems, conducting appropriate research and follows-up on any problems, including contacting and working with faculty and staff regarding overpayment issues and ensuring restitution.
- Developing, manipulating and structuring financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending and the analysis of the results, as it relates to payroll expenditures.
- Determining projections related to personnel expenditures to be used in annual budget planning and development and determining projects and analysis as requested by school leadership to support business planning decisions with a potential payroll cost impact.
- Assisting the associate dean of financial operations and HR manager in various financial or hr projects that have a payroll component.
- Administering systems as appropriate, pro-actively ensuring information is updated to permit appropriate manager access and records approval.
- Generating the timekeeping system reports regarding manager assignments, leave without pay, etc. , conducting analysis and taking appropriate action, including follow-up with managers and staff regarding any problems or use of leave without pay.
- Determining appropriate leave usage and codes and up-dates staff timekeeping system to reflect the correct use of accrued sick or vacation, short term disability and/or leave without pay for all staff on family medical or other leaves of absence.
- Serving as a timekeeper for purposes of approval of employee time in special instances or in absence of manager approval.
- Serves as systems approval authority for adjunct payroll hires, terminations and changes, as processed by the payroll specialist.
- Anticipating potential payroll issues and questions and takes pro-active action to prevent the development of problems or resolve problems.
Billing/Payroll Specialist Resume
Headline : Bookkeeper And Payroll Specialist, adept at identifying issues and implementing sound business judgment to either reduce or resolve current and impending problems. To start a long and successful career with an established and respectable company that offers advancement and growth within the company. An opportunity to showcase my skills, abilities, and responsibility.
Skills : Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, PeopleSoft, Taleo, Delphi, ADP TimeSaver, UltiPro, Systems21, And PhotoShop.
- Processing biweekly payroll, including the compilation of time-keeping records for payroll submission, processing personnel changes as well as preparing and issuing manual checks on the off-cycle of payroll.
- Coordinating data which impacts payroll from human resources and the payroll and time management systems.
- Analyze and review payroll data in Ultipro Payroll/HR system for accuracy.
- Creating, running and analyzing payroll reports as needed, providing them to the assistant controller for payment upload.
- Processing and uploads of 401k spreadsheets for ACH pull following each payroll, as well as uploading of all new hire information to DHS and Walton management company.
- Answering routine telephone inquiries from managers, supervisors, and controller concerning payroll.
- Maintaining internal procedural documentation for new procedures or changes to processes.
- Remaining current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll, garnishments, taxes, and FLSA regulations including proper taxation regarding employer and employee paid benefits.
- Correcting of payments, applying adjustments and researching errors in system when payment is incorrect.
High School Diploma
Associate Payroll Specialist Resume
Summary : Highly motivated, well-rounded Payroll Specialist
with a strong academic foundation in business and accounting as well as 12+ years of organizational experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, and payroll. Customer service oriented with a drive toward targeted objectives, and the capability of performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Recognized for proficiency in maintaining the integrity and exercising strong decision making, analytical, and negotiation skills when dealing with clients, coworkers, management, and other staff.
Skills : Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounts, Payroll Tax Management, Accounts Receivable, Financial Statements, W-2C Processing, Payroll Processing, Billing And Wage Management, Auditing And Research
- Processed 129 to 800 paychecks daily totaling $54 thousand to $246 thousand collaborated with 23 field offices to coordinate timely resolution of payroll discrepancies.
- Analyzed quarterly reporting for abandoned and unpaid checks that aided in payment of $47,000 for over 300 contractors.
- Evaluated quarterly report of overpaid hours and wages for more than 250 contractors that ensured accurate and timely repayment, which reduced contractor debt by $40,000.
- Completing payroll advances to contractors based on various, approved requests and subsequently inputted deductions in PeopleSoft to recoup funds and offset company out-of-pocket costs.
- Gathering essential documentation from field offices to validate and correct new hire and rehire information to match EVS report from SSA and avoid w-2c's and the incurrence of costly DHS fines.
- Reviewing daily automated clearing house returns of 5 to 10 contractor direct deposit account errors and processed adjustments as needed.
- Assigned to run on an off-cycle process during predetermined weeks, for more than 3,000 contractors, as a means of amassing hours entered into payroll's time entry system and populating daily and weekly paychecks.
- Reconciling weekly on-cycle errors for 10 to 15 contractors that allowed for the correction of taxes and incorrect paygroups so that accurate and timely checks could be issued by Aerotek's designated payday.
BS in Business Administration
Sr. Payroll Specialist Resume
Summary : Payroll Specialist with over 15 years of payroll handling an average of 700 employees with general accounting and office skills. With strong organization and excellent time management skills, experience to coordinate and manage multiple projects at a time. The ability to adapt well to change and a strong self-starter and independent worker, I work well under pressure in a fast pace environment. Most of my expertise is with multi-state payroll, multi-union payroll, in-house payroll software, as well as outsource payroll such as ADP.
Skills : ADP Workforce Now V2, ADP PCPW, ADPEnterprise, Paycor, Peachtree, AS400, Microsoft Word/Exel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, TAMS, ICIMS
- Checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes.
- Reconciling payroll accounts monthly including 401(k), child support clearing accounts and miscellaneous other accounts.
- Assisting associates and managers with any payroll related concerns or requests compiles data and prepares a variety of routine and non-routine reports for auditing and/or compliance purposes.
- Processing timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws for 500 crew members process manual checks and any paycheck discrepancies.
- Ensuring compliance of tax laws for federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Extracting information from the payroll system and generated reports for various departments and vendors.
- Working with human resources to verify continuity of all employee data regarding payroll.
- Managing controllers and supervisors to ensure the accuracy and quality of payroll data transmission.
Senior Payroll Specialist Resume
Summary : A highly motivated, organized, adaptable, Senior Payroll Specialist with a solid background in Accounting and Payroll. Great attention to detail and a history of high accuracy. Experience includes working with a wide range of businesses in administrative, financial and accounting departments, with a professional and conscientious positive work ethic. Ready to take on any new task or challenge. To obtain a challenging career in the field which will allow me to utilize my experience in multi-tasking problem-solving skill set and allow for continuous professional growth.
Skills : Accounting, Payroll, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook Express, Adobe Illustrator, Internet Proficient, Website Development, QuickBooks, Famous Software
- Compiling data and entering into the system such as hours worked, piecework, equipment usage.
- Responsible for the calculation and verification of tax, insurance, 401k, child support, wage garnishment deductions.
- Prepare manual check as well as submit direct deposit through online banking.
- Producing payroll register & necessary payroll accounting reports to the accounting department.
- Maintaining general ledger for all payroll accounts pertaining to state and federal withholdings.
- Paying state and federal payroll taxes, preparing quarterlies to prepare yearly 940 & 943 tax forms new employee submission of paperwork such as application, documentation, preparing drug screen paperwork, 401k, and health insurance documents and set up in the famous system.
- Preparing all documents and info necessary for new employee orientations conduct employee verifications to outer companies when necessary.
- Assisting accounts payable department when the employee in charge is out of the office.
Certificate in Accounting
Payroll Specialist II Resume
Objective : Experienced Payroll Specialist with a strong work ethic built over 4 years in the field of accounting. Dependable and dedicated to quality work, including strong organizational skills and being able to prioritize tasks. Attention to detail and interested in going the extra mile to make sure that a job is done well. Work best independently, while understanding the importance of teamwork. Seeking a challenging and permanent position that will utilize my past experience and offer an opportunity for growth and further training.
Skills : 40wpm, 10 Key-by-touch Proficient With Microsoft Excel, Word, Internet And MS Windows, Outlook, AS400, Netsuite
- Manually processed pay for the new hire, rehire and terminated hourly and salaried employees.
- Entered and verified all direct deposit accounts company-wide, 120-150 per week with 100% accuracy.
- Set up 10-15 new garnishment and support orders from multi-states bi-weekly and monitored those employee paychecks to ensure deductions were calculating accurately.
- Provided customer support to over 100 supervisors (report requests, questions, payroll processing).
- Conducted one on one training with supervisors/staff on time manager timekeeping system.
- Responded to financial and employment verifications by phone and written communication.
- Set up and processed union dues deductions and made payments to the unions.
- Recorded payment information for each garnishment processed in excel spreadsheet by the employee.
- Reviewed, adjusted and balanced 401k files before transmitting to vendor.
BS in Business Administration
Accounting / Payroll Specialist Resume
Summary : Accounting / Payroll Specialist with a passion for shaping organizational strategy and supporting decision-making across all areas of business. Broad-based expertise across diverse operational functions to include accounting, payroll, HR and IT. Highly organized, expert leader and team-builder. Reputation for honesty, work ethic, professionalism, analytical focus, and calm under pressure. Seeking a challenging and responsible position within your organization offering the opportunity for growth and advancement.
Skills : Reporting, Inventory Management, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Windows, Quick Books, ADP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, JD Edwards, And Other Accounting Software
- Responsible for payroll processing of over 700 employees on a monthly and semimonthly basis.
- Responsible for all garnishments arriving from federal, state and private entities, verification of employment, w-4s, manual check processing, auditing of HR documents for new hires, vacation and/or sick requests, training, and development including technical writing of payroll procedures for the department.
- Verifying and inputting payroll summary timesheets arriving via e-mail using excel, input hours including vacation, making changes in rates of pay for hourly shift pay and salary for over 700 employees within 4 regions, spread out over 20 entities.
- Processing all w-4's while auditing employees' name, address, and SSN, printing manual checks and examining them for accuracy and maintaining payroll voucher files on a semi-monthly and monthly basis.
- Providing daily customer service through phone calls, e-mails, and faxes, correcting all benefit deductions including reimbursements.
- Preparing, completing and managing specific documents related to personnel records in compliance with the laws and reporting procedures, ensured accurate calculation and processing of annual bonuses, taxable benefits, remitting and reconciling financial data to the accounting department to meet deadlines.
- Prioritizing and triaging multiple requests, rush demands, and ad-hoc requests while meeting the department deadlines associated with the payroll cycle.
- Researching tax laws of various states, court decisions, and the internal revenue code to develop policies for the administration of payroll state tax laws.
Payroll Specialist & General Accountant Resume
Headline : Accomplished Payroll Specialist & General Accountant with well-diversified experience in the areas of payroll administration. Detailed-orientated, accurate and quick with numbers. Analytical problem solver, able to employ all available resources to develop effective solutions. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations.
Skills : Ulti Pro, Kronos, Great Plains, Business Intelligence, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Quick Books, Access, Delphi
- Processed bi-weekly payroll via ADP in accordance with the state and federal laws and in accordance with company pay regulations bi-weekly for 800+ employees.
- Verified new hire paperwork complies with requirements and entered into ADP.
- Timely and accurate preparation of all payroll operations working closely with human resources to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment benefits practices and accounting procedures.
- Accurately verified timecard completion ensured all approval signatures were in place and provided resolution to any discrepancies.
- Maintained and troubleshoot issues regarding our timekeeping system including time clock and system malfunction.
- Ensured proper employee contribution deductions are in place for medical, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) & flex spending.
- Interface routinely with human resources on employee benefits issues (deductions, vacation, and 401(k)) to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Provided reports to human resources and accounting for reconciliation and month-end.
- Developed and implemented job aides for department and company use for timekeeping procedures.
HR/Payroll Specialist Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented HR/Payroll Specialist with a strong natural interest in accounting practices. Extensive history of accounting clerical work in receivables, payables, and payroll for small to medium-sized businesses. Experienced in computer accounting systems. To contribute developed skills to a challenging position with a company offering stability along with an opportunity for growth and development.
Skills : Bilingual, PeopleSoft, Taleo, Case Management Tools, Cransoft, ECI, EDI, ADP, E-Verify, Mass Load Tool, First Advantage, SharePoint, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites
- Performing a variety of routine and complex payroll work in preparation for and the maintenance of our automated payroll system.
- Auditing time records submitted by clients to ensure conformance with appropriate administrative policies and regulations.
- Coordinating payroll runs, reviewing documents, correcting errors and balancing payroll for each pay period.
- Explaining the company payroll policies and procedures, work with the new hire and service advisors.
- Responding to inquiries from employers regarding changes in paychecks, time sheets, and coding.
- Processing new clients including established tax identification for federal and state use, setting up tax accounts and obtaining agent status.
- Preparing and auditing information needed for state and federal quarterly or annual reports.
- Terminating agent status for clients who are discharged and complete discharge functions.
- Performing other related duties as assigned which may include employment/salary verifications, garnishments, and direct deposits and accounts payables.
Payroll Specialist II Resume
Summary : A payroll professional with 17 years of experience in the payroll and accounting field. Currently employed at one of the fastest growing national not-for-profit organizations providing affordable housing, senior living, and educational facilities. I am seeking an exciting position that will allow me to quickly become an asset and to continue to grow professionally. Innovative and strategic thinker, detail oriented, with excellent relationship skills and consistently successful gaining consensus in resolving customer concerns in various environments.
Skills : Sage Abra Payroll/HR System, Sage HRMS Payroll/HR System, Kronos Timekeeping
- Managing all aspects of payroll for 8 nursing homes as well as the corporate office staff.
- Processing and maintaining over 700 employees in 9 states with an annual payroll expense of $13.2 million.
- Responsible for all new hires, terminations, benefit premiums and all other changes to employee records.
- Managing payroll clerks at each facility to maintain accurate timekeeping and compliance.
- Responsible for managing the accuracy of benefits records prior to processing.
- Analyzing and modifying payroll policies and procedures to ensure accurate compensation, record retention and legal compliance.
- Processing multiple garnishment orders weekly while complying with the CCPA regulations.
- Coordinating with the human resources manager on procedures of open enrollment and monthly benefit processing.
- Managing all aspects of accounts payable for the corporate office, assisted living and education divisions.
- Communicating daily with vendors and facility ap clerks to verify the accuracy of payments.