Plant Accountant IV Resume
Summary : Dedicated Plant Accountant IV with over 29 years of experience in manufacturing, inventory control, payroll and cost accounting. Amazing ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports. Remarkable ability to handle challenging issues with diplomacy. Detail oriented, with proven ability to successfully contribute to objectives. Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
Skills : Payroll, Inventory Control, Accounting, SAP, AS400, Kronos Timekeeping, and ADP. Excel, Word, and Outlook. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Managed the month end close. Ensured inputs and outputs of inventory are accurately and timely analyzed.
- Analyzed the departmental expenses. Kept track of revenue and expenses.
- Provided analysis to plant for areas for improvement spending and labor analysis as well as production variances.
- Performed comprehensive variance analysis and determined root-cause for each significant variance.
- Weekly reviewed by Plant/Department Managers regarding expenses, labor, overhead, productivity, usages, direct labor, and distribution cost.
- Performed audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
- Ensured bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Assisted the Plant Manager in the preparation of data required for forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Monitored the key performance indicators to assess, analyze and track manufacturing processes.
- Coordinated with the receiving department to match receipts to purchase orders.
- Worked closely with purchasing on monitoring wheat and corn flour material inventory levels.
Senior Plant Accountant Resume
Summary : Reliable and experienced Senior Plant Accountant with over 11 years of experience. Successful at managing and prioritizing multiple team projects within a high-reliability organization. Excellent communicator with extensive knowledge of accounting software and processes.
Skills : Account Analysis, Fixed Assets, Budget, Budget Analysis, Project Management
- Responsible for all accounting functions of a $15-20M finish carpentry installer with operations in Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City.
- Analyzing the complex financial data and extracting and defining relevant information.
- Recording, classifying and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensuring the compliance with GAAP, Rural Development Utility Programs (RDUP), IRS, and FERC requirements.
- Reconciling the project costing and asset management sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolving differences.
- Maintaining integrity of the PeopleSoft project costing and asset management modules.
- Assigning and maintaining project identification numbers with PeopleSoft project costing.
- Maintaining all records related to fixed assets, including retirements and transfers or adjustments.
- Analyzing, preparing and processing the accounting entries for all asset transactions, including depreciation, to the general ledger monthly.
- Preparing and filing annual property tax return and validating county tax assessments.
- Preparing detailed schedules of depreciation, plant assets, work-in-progress and completed construction of the annual FERC and RUS reports.
- Providing the schedule of completed construction not classified for periodic RUS reporting.
Plant Accountant (Manufacturing) Resume
Summary : Plant Accountant with 16 years of experience in the Manufacturing domain is seeking to obtain a senior accountant or related position that provides an opportunity to broaden my professional development along with personal growth opportunities.
Skills : Lotus Notes, Hyperion, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, And PowerPoint
- Performing variance analysis of actual numbers to forecast, budget and prior year.
- Providing variance explanations of actual numbers to forecast, budget and prior year to management both locally and corporately.
- Compiling and reviewing the monthly financial data for the plant, including product cost and margin tracking and expense reviews.
- Preparing financial payback calculations for capital requisitions and then maintaining and tracking the project costs.
- Assisting in setting material and product standard costs and later reviewing the costs to ensure costs are correct.
- Providing input when needed on bill structure so that costs roll correctly.
- Maintaining the plant fixed asset list to ensure accuracy and performing fixed asset audits as needed.
- Performing a complete audit of the finished goods inventory and coordinating the necessary adjustments to ensure inventory was properly reflected on the balance sheet while establishing a bin system.
- Implementing and now leading a bi-weekly cycle count in the finished goods warehouse to ensure the accuracy of inventory.
- Monitoring inventory to ensure the accuracy of in-transit and subcontracted inventory (raw materials warehouse).
- Reviewing inventory for negative quantities and items that have not been relieved from WIP in over a month (raw materials warehouse).
- Providing weekly status of cycle count status for the raw materials warehouse to corporate goal.
Plant Accountant II Resume
Summary : Trustworthy Plant Accountant with over 20 years of experience in the Engineering and Manufacturing domains. Experience in financial statement preparation and general ledger activity.
Skills : Accounting, Accounting Operations, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Inventory, MS software, JD Edwards, Inventory and Cost Applications, Infinium Software, General Ledger Reporting.
- Cooperated with engineering, manufacturing and corporate accounting to verify that quality standards were optimized and managed research and development spending through collaboration with key business leaders.
- Compiled general ledger entries on a short schedule with nearly 100% accuracy.
- In charge of taking mid-year and end of year physical inventories and other physical inventories during the year when necessary. This includes taking physical inventories at our warehouse location and main plant.
- Also in charge of six United States outside warehouses and one Foreign outside warehouse. This included month-end inventory reconciliations for each location. Also included being in charge of each location taking mid-year and end of year physical inventories and other physical inventories during the year when necessary.
- Periodically visited some outside warehouse locations to personally take a physical inventory at their location until SOX reporting deemed this to be a conflict of interest due to me being in charge of the inventories at those outside locations.
- In charge of other company personnel to visit outside locations to take a physical at each location every year and then reconciled those locations to our perpetual inventory reports.
- Worked with outside auditors each year-end and when necessary throughout the year.
Plant Accountant I Resume
Summary : Energetic Plant Accountant I with 10 years of full cycle accounting experience in the Manufacturing domain. Experienced with Excel PivotTables, VLOOKUPs, and other advanced formulas Strong leadership, teamwork, and project management capabilities Practiced written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Skills : General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Financial Reconciliations, Audits, Financial Statements, Record/Systems Automation, Financial Research Projects, Strategic & Financial Analysis, Audit Review Procedures.
- Supervising and controlling the performance of all cost accounting functions.
- Developing cost factors for review of labor and machine rates as well as updating monthly cost of sales data and production reports for inclusion in the month end close.
- Reviewing the accuracy of inventory standards and actual quantities including the ascertaining of daily reports on job status and sales for comparison to budget and forecast.
- Performing and executing the daily workflow meeting numerous critical deadlines throughout the day with various operation professionals across the firm.
- Preparing month end closing, quarterly and year end financials including month end inventory closing and job cost module, closing procedures to ensure accurate entries and proper period cutoff.
- Maintenaning of the transaction database, developing and generating the standardized management reports so as to facilitate provisions of information about key metrics to management.
- Estimating production costs to help secure new business for the company in addition to preparing capital expenditure proposals (CEPs) to improve the production process and /or service to our customers.
- Coordinating with external auditors for year-end inventory and other auditing functions as needed.
- Tracking the daily earnings and waste, performing month end procedures, overseeing month end inventory, completing monthly operational performance review, forecasting performance for future months.
- Tracking the capital spending, overseeing purchase orders, assisting with the annual budget.
Junior Plant Accountant Resume
Objective : Dedicated Junior Plant Accountant 3 plus years of experience in Hospitality, Gaming, Financial Management, and Manufacturing industries seeking Accounting/Finance position.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Masterpack, Jd Edwards, Macola ES, Hyperion, Crystal Reports
- Updated raw material balances daily, investigated and corrected any discrepancies.
- Tracked and re-allocated weekly direct and indirect labor balances based on scheduled production hours.
- Balanced and reconciled production totals between financial and manufacturing systems.
- Prepared weekly MUV, manufacturing overhead, and labor efficiency projection report.
- Administered and oversaw company purchasing credit card process and policy compliance, conducted training for the cards holders.
- Performed monthly maintenance storeroom audit to ensure the effectiveness of internal controls over the part requisition process.
- Audited raw materials scale tickets versus vendor packing slip amounts.
- Conducted annual audit of fixed assets, prepared retirement requests for both plants.
- Prepared weekly comparative reports and charts of finished goods inventory levels.
- Performed quarterly audit oriented cycle counts of raw materials and finished goods at on/off-site locations.
Plant Accountant (Contract) Resume
Headline : Plant Accountant with 5 plus years of experience in the Manufacturing and Social Service domains is seeking to use my skills and experience as an accounting manager and plant accountant in a new career.
Skills : SAP, Quickbooks, Jd Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Plant accountant for a manufacturing plant with duties to include cost accounting management, inventory cost control, and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Processing the journal entries and all accounting transactions to General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks Pro.
- Reconciling the various company bank accounts each month and posting entries to the general ledger.
- Working with the CFO and Plant Manager to prepare the annual operating budget and making any updates as needed due to sales and production changes.
- Performing the accounts payable and assisting with the accounts receivable duties for the plant.
- Preparing the monthly cost variance reports determining the plant performance versus the annual production projections.
- Working with the Sales Manager to process customer sales and preparing sales invoices for products sold.
- Assisting the CFO and CPA with auditing the general ledger accounts and cost control procedures for the plant.
- Reconciling the plant inventory of raw materials and finished goods each month at month end closing and updating costs of inventory in the general ledger.
Plant Accountant III Resume
Summary : Results oriented Plant Accountant III with over 24 years of experience, a proven track record of problem-solving, excellent communication skills, and strong work ethic. Effectively contributes toward organizational success with demonstrated key abilities in general accounting, reporting, analysis, financial statements, auditing principles, and management.
Skills : Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Inventory, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), QuickBooks, AS400, CimsI/CimsII
- Prepared and analyzed the accounting records, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations for monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Resolved accounting discrepancies and irregularities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensured the accordance with legal, industry, and SOX standards of financial accounting and reporting.
- Analyzed the credit reports and provided recommendations for credit approvals and denials by effectively assessing credit risk and customer viability.
- Managed the accounts receivable, collections, and all related functions, while streamlining processes and improving collection rate.
- Inventory adjustments to facilitate cycle counts and physical inventories. Managed the month-end inventory process from raw materials to finished goods.
- Followed up with departments on information requests, customer credit issuance and collections, and transaction processing.
- Trained staff members on the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and daily billing process.
- Developed training manual to assist in cross-training accounting associates.
Senior Plant Accountant Resume
Summary : Proven Plant Accountant with 15 years of experience specializing in Manufacturing Operations. Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and consistent achievement of organizational and fiscal objectives and goals. A developed leader with strong communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels within a constantly changing work environment. Maintains a flexibility to consistently accept responsibilities beyond specified duties, in addition to accepting special projects.
Skills : Microsoft Office, SAP, J.D. Edwards and Hyperion.
- Overseeing all accounting functions (A/P, A/R, daily reports) for a $65 million manufacturing plant, reporting to the business unit controller and supervising accounting clerk.
- Maintaining the balance sheet accounts and providing summary analysis to regional and divisional personnel.
- Analyzing the financial statements by providing detailed information to the business unit controller of variance analysis (actual to forecast, actual to budget, actual to prior month actual).
- Coordinating the monthly raw, WIP, and FQ inventories with plant personnel.
- Assisting in the J.D. Edwards rollout to the 5 plants in the business unit, including training of accounting personnel on the JDE system.
- Creating Hyperion reports in Excel (balance sheet, profit/loss, stats).
- Coordinating with the quality manager and plant personnel on waste improvement project using six sigma with a cost savings of $800,000 for the North Chicago plant in the 2012 fiscal year.
- Recently took on responsibilities of Bridgeview plant including WIP-FQ inventory, valuation, balance sheet review, and report variance analysis to the controller (actual to forecast, actual to budget, actual to prior month actual), as well as overseeing daily accounting function of 3 accounting clerks.
Sr. Plant Accountant Resume
Headline : An experienced Sr. Plant Accountant with 6 years of experience who thrives in fast-paced environments that value a business partnership between finance and core businesses (commercial/marketing/supply chain/manufacturing/IT). Excellent functional partner in system implementations, and data management. Proven track record of budgeting, costing, auditing and forecasting. I believe that the key to success in any finance team is the strength of the team itself.
Skills : SAP, Lawson, Excel, ERP System, Payroll, Standard Costing, Budgeting And Forecasting, Internal Auditing
- Provided monthly financial statements for both fiscal and calendar year.
- Provided monthly reports with forecasting and variance analysis. Handled initial phases of year-end tax preparation. Responsible for company's annual budget.
- Audited monthly inventory and performed inventory analysis to identify slow moving/obsolete material, reconciled fixed assets and cash accounts. Handled all phases of job costing, accounts receivable and.
- Prepared bi-monthly payroll for 12 employees and weekly payroll for 13 employees. Provide sales team with monthly profitability report to show where improvements need to be made and to grow the current and new business.
- Handled all phases of health and business insurance, 401(k) profit.
- Involved in training two new accountants for two different manufacturing plants that are owned by the parent company.
- Interacted with AP, purchasing, and general ledger to ensure proper accounting and recommend process improvements.
- Prepared entries utilizing accrual accounting to record payroll, freight and capital expenditures.