Residence Hall Director Resume
Summary : Experienced business leader with key skills in the area of project management, customer service, and leadership. Client Negotiation Change Management Relationship Development Scheduling Document Evaluation Peer Development.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Residential Management System.
- Oversaw corridor style residence hall with 190 occupants.
- Supervised a student staff of 7 Resident Assistants, an Administrative Assistant and Academic Peer Mentor.
- Participated in on call campus duty rotation of 4 weeks a year.
- Responded to crisis situations including medical transports, altercations and facilities concerns.
- Oversaw programming budgets of $5,000 including purchasing items, logging purchasing and overseeing distribution of funds.
- Facilitated spring and fall semester training sessions for student staff.
- Supervised the graduate assistant coordinating the Green Representative program.
Bachelor Of Technology
Sr. Residence Hall Director Resume
Summary : Driven and dedicated professional with four years of transferable skills that directly relate to Human Resource experience with a focus in program development, leadership and organization. a strong ability to oversee administrative process, and in making decisions. As a professional, seek to build authentic relationships, allowing for the free exchange of ideas, feedback, challenge, and support to better be able to provide a well-rounded experience to the team as well as the people serve.
Skills : Formsite, Electronic Booking Management System.
- Performed supervisory responsibilities for eleven direct and ten indirect reports including conducting on-the-job training, mentoring, providing coaching/feedback, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Facilitated University Customer Service training for multiple departments across the university in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Completed training sessions on our organization's learning based residential curriculum and provide strategic direction on the implementation of the curriculum within my remit.
- Educated, advised and maintained the health, safety and growth of approximately 1,000 residential students.
- Responsible for developing Living Learning Community program curriculums with the following areas of focus: Foreign Language Residence, Interfaith and LGBT inclusion.
- Advised and developed leadership skills for ten Hall Council Executive Board members and a Student Conduct Board of eight by providing training, mentorship opportunities and guidance on policies.
- Collected, analyzed and interpreted residential student assessment data from multiple sources in order to identify trends to inform programming efforts and address student issues and areas of concern.
Masters Of Education
Jr. Residence Hall Director Resume
Objective : Graduate student possessing in-depth knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis and treatment. Responsible self-starter who communicates well and is dedicated to improving the well-being of clients. Team-oriented mental health counselor with strong track record of establishing solid relationships with clients, co-workers, administration and local agencies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Ms Word.
- Served as Residence Hall Director and was directly responsible for the welfare of 156 high school girls and a staff of five.
- Planned, organized, implemented and supervised weekly student activities to foster exercise and camaraderie among students.
- Evaluated students on living skills and provided additional education/ counseling or referrals as needed.
- Acted as liaison between students, teachers and parents to ensure clear effective and sensitive handling of information.
- Coordinated with the community for student volunteer opportunities.
- Interviewed candidates for counselor positions and provided hiring recommendations.
- Guided and trained new employees.
Dual In German
Residence Hall Director III Resume
Objective : To obtain a position utilizing knowledge and skills related to public housing, community development, and housing initiatives. As an effective leader, Strive to enhance the quality of life for residents and their families.
Skills : Supervisory, Program Management.
- Defined and developed University's Wellness model.
- Implemented programming for faculty/staff and students.
- Coordinated and chaired both faculty/staff and student Wellness Committees.
- Coordinated annual Alcohol Awareness Week.
- Served as Executive Editor for monthly Wellness Letter. Coordinate weekly seminar series addressing topics relevant to student experience.
- Developed seminar format and annual theme.
- Created semester brochures.
Clinical Social Work
Residence Hall Director II Resume
Summary : Service-oriented manager with 13.75 year background in a living learning environment. Core competencies include management skills, customer service skills, and problem solving skills as well as excellent communication and time management skills. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
Skills : Experience in customer service, Ability to multi task and prioritize, Strong attention to detail, Excellent oral/written communication.
- Enforced rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
- Provided first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.
- Mediated interpersonal problems between residents.
- Made regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Observed students to detect and report unusual behavior.
- Supervised, trained, and evaluated residence hall staff, including resident assistants, participants in work-study programs and other student workers.
- Collaborated with counselors to develop counseling programs that address the needs of individual students.
Bachelor Of Science
Residence Hall Director I Resume
Headline : Several customer service related jobs during time in high school, as well as University/College positions which include, Hall Director of Residence Halls, Resident Assistant, Assistant Summer Conference Director, secretary, gift shop assistant, and cashier. Consider to be highly motivated, a self starter, good team player, creative, and intuitive.
Skills : Proficient Use Technological Databases, Excel.
- Responsible for staff supervision, evaluation, training, and selection process.
- Served as an academic advisor for 30+ student athletes that were undecided in their major.
- Conducted academic & professional workshops for advisees and residents of the area.
- Directly supervised six resident assistants and ten part-time student employees.
- Work closely with Administration to serve to serve as the contact person for the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Planned and implemented residence hall educational and social events.
- Interpreted and enforced university and residence hall policies with an emphasis on educational programming.
Masters Of Applied Science
Assistant Residence Hall Director Resume
Summary : Higher Education professional seeking an advanced position, Set the tone for upgrading moral character and helped to provide an outlook o the role the students would play in today's society. Conducted weekly resident assistant, staff and monthly meetings. Participated in on-call emergency assistance and crisis response for residential community for approximately for 1,200 students.
Implemented weekly educational and social programs.
Skills : Excellent oral and written communication Ability.
- Hired, trained and supervised a staff of 10-22 Resident Advisors and 400-950 residents.
- Served as line of disciplinary contact with residents in hall.
- Maintained accurate records of equipment, facility maintenance, key inventories, budgets and reports.
- Assisted in Sam Houston Village day to day operations.
- Addressed student/parent concerns and provide mediation to staff and residents.
- Completed Resident Advisors work evaluations, performance appraisals and approve timesheets.
- Oversaw hall programming, hall council, professional development and collateral budgets.
Associate Residence Hall Director Resume
Headline : Motivated higher education professional with experience recruiting, selecting, training, developing, and managing staff. Passion for research, assessment, professional development and change management. Aiming to utilize skillset from the higher education field in the realm of training and development to create leadership programs.
Skills : Marketing, Training and Development, Coaching/Leadership.
- Managed the day to day operations of a tradition residence hall, serving over 500 students, and a non-traditional residence hall, serving 16 female graduate students.
- Supervised, advised, and evaluated 18+ resident assistants, and graduate resident assistant to facilitate their professional development.
- Supervised and evaluated a full-time Administrative Assistant.
- Served on the Research and Assessment committee for the department.
- Assisted with the recruitment, selection, training, and development of student staff.
- Served on the Judicial Affairs Task Force committee appointed by the Dean of Students Created intentional programming for staff recognition.
- Coordinated the implementation of needs based on-campus and in-hall programming.
Master Of Education
Assistant Residence Hall Director I Resume
Headline : Looking to obtain a position at an organization where can further utilize strengths in the areas of operations, project management, system development and coordination, staff development, and resource optimization.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Jenzebar.
- Served as facility manager for residence halls including conducting room checks and following up on housekeeping request.
- Established and maintained communication with students living in the residence halls through individual contacts, meetings, e-blasts, weekly newsletters and discussions.
- Served as a mediator/facilitator to provide resolutions for conflicts between students.
- Coordinated implementation of roommate agreement and community agreement process.
- Served as primary personal counseling resource for staff and students, handling specific residence hall problems including roommate conflicts, personal and emotional problems and other developmental concerns.
- Managed and coordinated all room assignments and changes in halls in accordance with established procedures.
- Responded to all inquiries, problems, and complaints from students, staff, and parents related to the halls.
- Rotated on-call responsibility for all area residence halls on a scheduled basis.
Master Of Science
Residence Hall Director Resume
Objective : A highly motivated and detailed-oriented higher education professional with experience in areas of residential life, academic support, programming, leadership development and retention. Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to form collaborative partnerships with faculty, staff, alumni, and senior leadership, to meet the needs of students. Earned an M.S.Ed in Higher Education Administration from Baruch College.
Skills : Leadership, Management, Teams, Graphic Design, Creativity, Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Visioning, Communication, and Social Media.
- Managed operational functions such as hall openings and closings, key distribution and collection, damage assessment, and maintenance requests for a residence hall that houses 200 residents.
- Recruited, selected and provided training to support the development of 7 Resident Assistants.
- Coordinated staff programming efforts and discussions focused on intrapersonal growth, interpersonal relationships and civic responsibility.
- Advised hall government and help coordinate their efforts toward achieving specific residence hall objectives.
- Provided orientation, supervision, and training for 14 Student Operations Support staff members.
- Managed the annual budget allocated for residence hall personnel and programming efforts, including payroll, hall council and incentive funds.
- Coordinated in-hall room assignment changes and resolve discrepancies in accordance with established procedures by Residence Life and Housing.
- Participated in the judicial process by adjudicating hall judicial cases and by serving as hearing officer, complainant or advisor as needed.
- Conducted a weekly building walk-through and report on-going facility and safety concerns.
MSEd Higher Education Administration