Substitute School Nurse Resume
Headline : Compassionate Registered Nurse with primary goal of building stronger hands on skills to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction, patient centered care, and patient safety, With exceptionally quick learning abilities to work hard, focus, and implement health care practices/procedures to develop nursing experience.
Skills : Telephone, Venipuncture, Assessment, Charting, Communications, Collaboration, Monitoring, Healthcare, Medical Records, Specimen Collection.
- Provided nursing care to children (preschool-grade 12) in 14 different schools on average 2-3 days a week.
- Maintained and carried out nursing care plans for a variety of medical needs to include diabetes, asthma, allergies, ADHD, anxiety, seizure disorders, and tube feedings.
- Administered meds as ordered.
- Provided first aid to accidents occurring in the school to include broken bones, concussions, nose bleeds, lacerations, and burns.
- Communicated with parents, primary care providers, and emergency personnel as warranted.
- Worked with school counselors in self-harm and substance abuse cases.
- Valued every teaching opportunity and enjoyed talking with the children about all matters large or small from basic hygiene and nutrition to monitoring carbohydrates and blood sugars.
Associates In Nursing
Sr. Substitute School Nurse Resume
Summary : Energetic, caring, and dedicated professional seeking to a position Substitute School Nurse apply best of nursing skills and experience with the pediatric population.
Skills : CHCS, AHLTA, OUTLOOK.
- Assessed head to toe, Administered first aid.
- Applied heat and ice as needed.
- Splinted as needed and checked blood sugar using a glucometer.
- Monitored vital signs, Contacted caregiver as needed.
- Provided hearing and vision screening.
- Administered medications and treatments, maintain health records, incident reports, nurse charting, assist with vision/hearing screening.
- Learned that a huge part of keeping children happy and healthy in school is the emotional support a school nurse can provide.
Jr. Substitute School Nurse Resume
Headline : Seeking a Substitute School Nurse position implements a systematic and comprehensive approach to healthcare utilizing a physician partnership, guidance and oversight to families within the community, To promote wellness and provide a healthcare plan based on client's clinical condition.
Skills : Infusion Therapy, Chemotherapy, Chemotherapy, Central Vascular Access Device Care.
- Substituted for the school nurse at Kaiserslautern Elementary and High Schools.
- Assessed sick and injured children and provided first aid care.
- Activated in safety program, completed accident reports when needed.
- Evaluated and tracked a bee sting problem involving several children on the playground and brought it to the Principal's attention which resulted in locating the bee nest and exterminating it.
- Prevented multiple bee stings from the playground.
- Administered medications and fluoride treatments.
- Treated a co-worker on an insulin pump having a reaction until paramedics arrived.
Diploma In Nursing
Substitute School Nurse III Resume
Objective : Highly motivated individual with exceptional communication, coaching with 2+ year of experience in Substitute School Nurse, responsible for taking operational and team leading duties on a daily basis.
Skills : Offer Nurses, Continuing Credit Of 1.0 Contact Hour.
- Included day to day substitute school nurse duties for elementary and high schools.
- Able to work independently and make clinical decisions.
- Assessed students' medical issues.
- Supervised diabetic students' blood sugar, insulin, and carbohydrate intake.
- Documented student visits to the nursing office via computer and/or paper charting.
- Floated to 7 different schools within the district. Assessed and cared for children grades k-12.
- Participated in team meetings concerning patient care.
Substitute School Nurse Resume
Headline : Substitute School Nurse with 2+ years of experience in injecting MRI patients with gadolinium to enhance and clarify views. Excellent reputation with physicians, other staff members, patients and families.
Skills : Good reputation, Health Service, Nursing.
- Cared for special needs students in the elementary school as a long-term sub RN.
- Responsible for care two boys with g-tubes and feeding pumps.
- Had a tracheostomy tube and required suctioning on a regular basis.
- Served as a substitute RN in various areas of the school.
- Involved with diabetic students, as well as students with other needs.
- Helped keep these children in school by monitoring their special needs on a daily basis.
- Monitored wound sites, doing daily dressing changes, assessing bowel sounds, and tube placements.
BS In Psychology
Substitute School Nurse I Resume
Summary : Possessed thorough understanding in a wide range of medical disciplines. Patient- focused medical professional, patiently guiding diverse persons through potentially stressful situations, Strong communicator, able to convey complex medical concepts in easily accessible terms, Conscientious care provider; prepared to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure maximum level of care.
Skills : Pediatric And Adolescent Experience, Geriatric Experience, Psychiatric Nursing .
- Served as school nurse in absence of primary nurse, responsible for providing preventative health services to students (grades K to 8).
- Participated in the coordination, development and implementation of school health policies.
- Analyzed and updated individual student health records.
- Prepared and passed medications to students in line with prescription information.
- Organized and facilitated various types of health screenings.
- Educated students, parents and faculty members on primary health concerns and treatment options.
- Checked students for signs of contagious ailments and infectious diseases.
AAS In Nursing
Asst. Substitute School Nurse Resume
Objective : Extensive healthcare experience in the clinical setting, the corporate sector of business planning, School Health. L&D to Geriatrics, the private sectors of medicine, on land and at sea.
Skills : Excellent Interpersonal, Organizational, Basic Computer, Compassionate, Ethics, Communication, Teaching.
- Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics, and test results in medical records.
- Ensured HIPAA compliance.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Responsible for primary care, Evaluated patient care needs, and prioritized treatment.
- Worked as a substitute school nurse at elementary through high school level.
- Triaged students for illnesses, chronic conditions, and injuries.
Associate Substitute School Nurse Resume
Summary : To obtain a position as a Substitute School Nurse that enables to utlilize skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of patients in all stages of life.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Medical Termino, MDS Coordinator, Type 60 Wpm.
- Administered prescriptions per MD orders to students.
- Provided care to students for all ailments and injuries.
- Provided screenings for health maintenance; i.e. lice checks, hearing tests, vision screening.
- Provided emergent care if the need arises.
- Responsible for knowing which kids have allergies and screening classroom snacks for allergens.
- Worked closely with parents, school administration, and MDs.
- Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment, and maintained patient flow.
MS In Nursing
Lead Substitute School Nurse Resume
Headline : To acquire a rewarding RN position that is able to provide care and education to clients of all ages,
Provided health services to students and staff as needed.
Skills : Management In Nursing In Multiple Settings, Health Research, Multiple Sets.
- Attended to students' daily medication needs.
- Attended to students' injuries and medical needs.
- Observed the child for development and health patterns in making a nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Identified health findings, which do not fall within the normal range.
- Interpreted the health status of pupils to school personnel.
- Initiated referrals to parents, school personnel, and community health resources for intervention, remediation, and follow-through.
- Maintained privacy and confidentiality and report to the Licensed School Nurse.
BS In Nursing
Substitute School Nurse Resume
Headline : To obtain a position as a BSN staff nurse with an interest in Acute Care and Critical Care. Possess a current RN license or a School Nurse Certification.
Skills : CPR Instructor, Nursing, School Nurse.
- Reviewed records to screen for appropriate immunizations, medication indication, and appropriate applications.
- Had the opportunity to train personnel in administering medications, (orally, inhaled, or topically) and in recognizing communicable diseases and reducing the chance of spread.
- Recorded keeping has been involved, and created databases and used others to maintain accurate records.
- Created processes to simplify transition in and out of the school health center.
- Worked with individual students to increase the chances of school success by identifying and setting goals to breakdown obstacles to that success.
- Used Communication, resource identification, problem-solving.
- Provided immunization follow-up.
Masters Of Science