Branch Underwriter Resume
Summary : Professional eager to enter into a challenging opportunity. Willing to learn new skills and take on challenges necessary for career growth. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management and leadership skills. Exceptional versatility with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a pressured environment using analytical and problem-solving skills with acute attention to detail. Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new things and form relationships with internal and external clients and peers. Self-Starter with a desire to learn and an ability to teach others.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Conflict Management, Retail Management, Safety, Loss Prevention, Risk Management
- Making underwriting decisions, while building relationships with the agents, across multiple lines of insurance or a complex single line to include the complexity of portfolio underwriting and mass affluent underwriting.
- Answering inquiries on the status of policy, risk eligibility and underwriting policies and procedures.
- Applying underwriting acumen while complying with state rules and regulations.
- Investigating information received from reports and other business units and making appropriate updates to the policy.
- Working across boundaries with countrywide risk management and pricing to execute appropriate strategies and adequate rate for the exposure.
- Evaluating, making decisions and processing policies for multiple states based on encompassing underwriting strategies, underwriting guidelines while using underwriting judgment to access potential future profitability of the policy.
- Answering inquiries on complex issues regarding policies, procedures, rules, regulations, contract, and rates countrywide.
- Articulating corporate underwriting strategy and be able to fully explain underwriting decision handle underwriting disputes and complaints by researching and resolving customer communications, concerns, conflicts, and issues.
- Prioritizing work based on multiple distributions of agency contacts via inbound calls, outbound calls, e-mail, and fax.
High School Diploma
Underwriter II Resume
Summary : Proven customer service satisfaction and support professional with a record of increased responsibility. Strong understanding of credit processes, lending policies, and current financial environments. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner, yet flexible to multitask. To secure an underwriting position with a well-established organization with an environment that will lead to a lasting relationship in the field of mortgage banking.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Underwriting/Risk Analysis, Administrative Support, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, Reading Credit, Underwriting Loans
- Verifying property values, researching debt to income risk, analyzing credit reports for derogatory and delinquent items, documenting and researching income, assets, and debt load.
- Analyzing complex financial documents and credit information for the review of files for approving, and or recommending specific modified treatments for each account.
- Reviewing and verifying notes in multiple systems of record to ensure they show the facts and support the recommendation.
- Reviewing and analyzing appraisals to ensure there is not a risk to the bank and/or our borrower.
- Applying for exceptions when strong favorable factors need to be looked at for a second review for treatment or non-treatment.
- Reviewing the loan appraisal and any supporting documentation in accordance with standard underwriting guidelines as defined by the product-specific investor and/or the agency guidelines.
- Verifying that all third party quality control supporting documentation is contained within the loan file has been reviewed and meets the company standards.
- Verifying that all requirements of the operations/policy manual, as it pertains to underwriting, have been met.
Associate Underwriter Resume
Objective : Enterprising, creative, and self-directed Associate Underwriter seeks a position where extensive experience in Financial Services and professional skills will be fully utilized to produce outstanding results. To secure a responsible position with an organization in which my experience, personal abilities and commitment to excellence will be utilized. To join a team of professionals and be an asset to both their overall production goals and office atmosphere.
Skills : Loan Processing Specialist, Underwriting, Compliance Analyst, Quality Control, Team Building, Facilitation, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop
- Developed, cultivated and maintained excellent client relationships.
- Marketed and underwritten the company products and services to clients.
- Underwrite new and renewal business under the supervision of a Team Leader.
- Negotiated the best terms and coverages available with accessible markets.
- Prepared submissions for markets and secure quotes.
- Assisted Team Leader with meeting or exceeding production goals as assigned by the company.
- Monitored accounts to ensure compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Conducted Rating as assigned by the Team Leader. Reviewed and processed policy servicing requests (endorsement, audits, company requests, premium finance notices, and cancellations, etc.)
- Reviewed inspection reports and compare to the conditions that were represented to us at the time of binding and took appropriate or needed actions as directed by your Team Leader.
- Proofed of policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, etc. and make corrections as appropriate.
- Provided necessary instruction to the Team Assistant or Clerk.
Bachelors of Science
Commercial Underwriter Resume
Summary : Highly motivated and articulate Commercial Underwriter with a background in business, sales, marketing, networking, research and communications specific to a fast-paced work environment. A leader who presents a balanced combination of interpersonal and business skills to build solid relationships across all levels. To work in a professional environment in Underwriting that will offer room for growth and where my strong analytical skills and attention to detail may be utilized.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Reading Credit, Underwriting Loans, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Email, Adobe, ParaData Entries
- Answered underwriting questions from client care specialists (processors) and mortgage bankers (loan officers).
- Complied with all local and federal fair lending laws and net benefit requirements.
- Submitted mortgage applications and borrower information through an automated underwriting system.
- Participated in one-on-one job coaching with new hires and team members from other departments.
- Exhibited flexibility and understanding of the workplace and business needs by moving and performing job duties outside of the day to day description as needed.
- Acted as a team lead by stepping in during staff absences and ensuring efficiency and adherence to service standards within the managed pipeline
- Served as lending program guideline subject matter expert relative to currently offered loan products
Assistant Underwriter Resume
Objective : Resourceful Assistant Underwriter experienced with the entire process from application through approval. Expertise in Quality Assurance, Assessing Borrower Financial Strength/Creditworthiness, Application Processing, Underwriting Criteria, Verifications, Research/Due Diligence, Audits, Risk Management, and Documentation. Serves as a resource to staff in the resolution of complex problems and provide escalation and pipeline management support to team members. Consistently meets/exceeds productivity goals.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, And PowerPoint), Underwriting, Auditing, Powerpoint, Leadership Development
- Accountable for the onboarding of new merchant accounts by processing applications.
- Ensured quality control by running and reviewing terminated merchant files, credit reports, better business bureau reports, and OFAC reports to ensure accuracy of the information, as well as to determine if the merchant met heartland payment systems criteria.
- Conducted business and income verification; reviewed bank statements and tax returns; and effectively analyzed, evaluated and assessed current risk tolerance.
- Maintained positive and open communication with the customer during the entire approval process.
- Consistently ensured all applications were processed in accordance with company policy and with industry regulations.
- Maintained excellent production volume and consistently exceeded monthly goals and projections every year during tenure.
- Successfully owned and completed multi-location boarding for a major client.
- Delivered on commitments and shared best practices with teammates to enhance performance.
- Consistently handled high volume caseload and met demanding turnaround timeframes.
Bachelor Of Arts
Insurance Underwriter Resume
Headline : Long-Term Care Insurance Underwriter, skilled in creating constructive and cooperative working relationships within an internal and external team setting. A solid leader who successfully follows through with team goals and expectations. Dynamic underwriting professional with 5+ years of experience who adapts seamlessly to constantly evolving underwriting principles & guidelines. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills dedicated to processing improvement.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Bilingual In Spanish & English, Team Building, Facilitation, Underwriting, Auditing
- Examining the agent’s submitted applications, and all pertinent information to determine policy acceptability.
- Notifying the agent of any additional information that is required to complete the underwriting process.
- Underwriting, updating and approving all assigned work through established workflow processes.
- Ordering consumer reports to analyze the prior experience of the applicant and complying with notification requirements of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Providing exceptional customer experiences, including but not limited to, answering ACD and Extension In phone calls and responding to general questions and inquiries for the lines of business assigned.
- Evaluating requests for exceptions to the underwriting guidelines for new business, policy changes, renewals and declinations/cancellations for the lines of business assigned.
- Assisting and advising agents and local chapter personnel, on matters involving interpretation of underwriting guidelines, basic rating issues, policy conditions and coverages, and policy interpretation.
Bachelors of Science
Underwriter/Lending Officer Resume
Headline : A highly efficient and energetic Underwriter/Lending Officer looking for an opportunity to utilize and increase my technical skills and make an immediate impact in my next position. Relates well to individuals at all levels and builds effective relationships with clients, affiliates, co-workers, and superiors. Ethical, committed professional capable of upholding the highest standards of compliance. Superior work ethic, commitment to excellence, and a high degree of integrity.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Relationship Management, Quality Auditing, Training, Training, Supervisory, Webex
- Evaluating risk assessment of client based on core metrics and provide decision making of all consumer loans up to $50,000.
- Communicating closely with loan officers and clients to collect necessary follow-up information.
- Utilizing Salesforce and Excel extensively to calculate key metrics, results, and analysis based on reviews and findings.
- Succeeded as the top producer and consistently exceed daily production goals by 33% with at least 95% accuracy.
- Creating survey analysis and deriving results for improvement and benchmarking.
- Exploring historical data trends to determine which scoring metrics were predictive to the underwriting model.
- Improved underwriting model to increase the amount of approved clients by 60% while keeping default rates under 3%.
- Extracting and manipulating large data reports from Salesforce using statistical techniques and provide ongoing dashboard.
- Investigating discrepancies in the information gathered.
- Researching questions from producers and principals as requested by the underwriters.
Bachelor Of Arts
Commercial Underwriter Resume
Objective : A detail-oriented and highly-efficient Commercial Underwriter with over 4 plus years' of solid experience managing wholesale and retail Pipeline of 20- 30 loan and able to ensure timely processing and submission of applications through closing. Efficient and dependable team player with proven ability and extensive experience with FHA, VA, and conventional loans. Strengths include high integrity, high standards, maintaining confidentiality, problem-solving, excellent customer service skills, team player, organization, multi-tasking, willing to learn at a fast pace, and prioritizing.
Skills : Underwriting, Auditing, Powerpoint, Leadership Development, Email, Adobe, ParaData Entries, Taking Phone Calls, Fax Information,
- Using DU/LP and any other automated underwriting engines, reviewing, analyzing and underwriting files on first and second mortgage loans for various lenders according to their prescribed guideline.
- Reviewing and verifying all financial documents to assess the economic health of loan applicant including verifying income and employment as well as applicant's credit history.
- Scrutinizing accounts from which the applicant's funds are originating to determine the creditworthiness of the applicant.
- Assessing the property appraisal to ensure accuracy and appropriateness relative to the loan being requested.
- Ensuring conditions have been reviewed and approved for compliance and completion of the loan.
- Assisting processors in understanding underwriting decisions and conditions.
- Making recommendations for credit and final approval to gain lending authority.
- Underwriting all loan documentation for accuracy, determining appropriate recommendation subject to company guideline, program guideline, and company policies.
- Evaluating debt ratio, loan to value ratios, credit score, property value, and other factors while maintaining a high level of quality.
Bachelors of Science
Contract Underwriter/Consultant Resume
Headline : Well-Rounded Contract Underwriter / Consultant with Operations & Mortgage Management, competence, and leadership experience in complex Underwriting/Risk Management; Mortgage Loan Origination to Servicing; Investor Spot Audits; and Complex Customer & Sales Relation Resolutions. Solid decision-making authority. Committed to good judgment within high-pressured mortgage sales, processing & production environments. Detailed and focused oriented for accuracy of assessing individuals' creditworthiness.
Skills : Team Building, Facilitation, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop, Mac And Microsoft Operating Systems
- Analyzed loan information in order to render a decision within the stated lending authority. Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Supported, mentored, coached and trained Consumer Lending Production and Community Financial Center staff for loan decisions.
- Provided decision recommendations on loans that must be escalated to a higher lending authority.
- Accountable for managing individual and team queues to ensure loan decisions, questions, and messages are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Possessed the ability to work independently and/or in a group environment.
- Responded to internal and external members via incoming and outgoing calls as well as through alternative channels such as email, dealer comments, etc.
- Participated and contributed to a positive teamwork environment which encourages team commitment to corporate, division, and departmental goals.
- Possessed a working knowledge of government rules and/or regulations related to consumer lending and fraud.
- Abided by all credit union policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Consumer Underwriter Resume
Objective : A very competitive Consumer Underwriter who is organized, disciplined, and goal-oriented. Has excellent communication skills demonstrated by the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Listen to determine needs of customers before offering a solution. Quickly establish rapport with clients. Dedicated, self-driven, focused with strong persuasive interpersonal skills welcomes the challenge of solving problems.
Skills : Resourcefulness, Active Listener, Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Dependable / Reliable
- Responsible for assessing the risk of a loan and making an approval or decline decision based on the quality of the data in the loan file.
- Reviewed and ensured data integrity to confirm the accuracy of automated underwriting findings.
- Applied all internal underwriting guidelines, investor requirements and federal regulations to the decision process to ensure loan quality.
- Analyzed income documents, bank statements, credit report, insurance documents, flood certification & title to ensure proper credit decision reached on each loan file.
- Interacted with processors to obtain information and clarification about documents from the borrowers.
- Communicated required stipulations, and provided assistance to expedite the final approval of a file.
- Provided clear communication to processors & borrowers regarding documents needed to complete underwriting.
- Adhered to all applicable internal policies and procedures, and protected the confidentiality of borrower information.