Academic Tutor Resume
Summary : Academic Tutors instruct students outside school settings and often prepare them for examinations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Native In Mandarin Chinese.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring in middle and high school, and college-level English, history, humanities, mathematics, and sciences to neurotypical students and those with social cognitive learning disabilities in both school and home settings.
- Design and implement study skills, time management, and organization curriculum.
- Establish strong rapport with parents and teachers by providing weekly student progress reports electronically and attending parent-teacher meetings.
- Develop innovative mathematical toolkits for a high school student with learning differences, resulting in a two-letter grade improvement by the end of the school year.
- Assist in the development of a modified English and history curriculum, as well as grading criteria, to allow a high school student with autism spectrum disorder to achieve learning success and a reduction in anxiety.
- Provide independent living and social skills support to middle and high school, and college students with autism spectrum disorder and learning differences.
- Provide in-home and online tutoring sessions for students ranging from grades six through 12 in the subjects of algebra, calculus, Spanish, chemistry and biology.
Master Of Arts
Sr. Academic Tutor Resume
Summary : Worked as a Mechanical Engineer for CDI Corporation. Offers strong hands-on skills and experience in environments requiring high quality attention to details and safety standards.
Skills : Inventory Management, Customer Service, Sales, Social Media Networking, Microsoft Office Programs, Filing, Scheduling Appointments, Presenting.
- Scheduled students for assistance in courses Data Entry in Microsoft Word Excel Answered all phone calls and transferred to appropriate personnel.
- Performed day to day tasks involving information gathering and processing of files.
- Assisted students with questions and getting correct answers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Developed individualized tutoring plans and mentored one-on-one.
- Helped tutees understand the material that is covered in lectures Enlightened tutees with personal academic success strategies and experiences Guided tutees to apply academic concepts into homework and realistic problems.
- Worked with diverse undergraduates at Rutgers' Cook College through the Office of Special Programs, supporting underrepresented minority and low-income students Writing tutor at Rutgers' Plangere Writing Center and Carleton's The Write Place.
- Responsibilities- -Tutoring Subjects: chemistry, biology, computer science, physics, math; and review papers for grammatical and spelling errors.
Jr. Academic Tutor Resume
Headline : Developed efficient methods to complete both managerial and driving opening job duties in under 3 hours. Performed all in-store tasks while maintaining standard of 85% of all deliveries completed on time.
Skills : Coordinating And Collaborating With Other Groups Or Companies, Individual And Small Group Tutoring.
- Help students with whatever subject they are struggling.
- Research and create new methods of teaching for students that have trouble learning through conventional methods.
- Maintain a progress report on each student.
- Contracted as needed Installation of Fiber Optic Cabling Termination of CAT6 Certification and Testing of LAN installations.
- Designed assignments to help students prepare for quizzes and exams Assisted students in brainstorming and editing for class projects and papers.
- Tutored any student in English, Criminal Justice, and Science throughout the semester.
- Creating conducive learning environments for students: facilitating tutorial sessions and assisting with student assignments including homework, tests, and projects.
- Providing individual and small group tutoring to students.
Academic Tutor II Resume
Objective : Dynamic mentoring professional with demonstrated capabilities working with individuals of various backgrounds. Experienced in mass marketing, social media, and community outreach.
Skills : Research, Microsoft, Leadership Development.
- Developed and executed marketing strategies to promote company values and increase customer satisfaction and sales.
- Developed educational programs and tailored them for each individual student and appropriate needs.
- Mentorship with the focus centered on performing well in school and higher education.
- Modified the general education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Planned, implemented, monitored, and assessed a classroom instructional program which was consistent with the California Common Core Standards.
- Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues, and academic progress.
- Increased student's English or Math test scores by 10% through private tutoring and special attention.
BA In Sociology
Asst. Academic Tutor Resume
Headline : Dedicated, resourceful, and innovative instructor who strives to help students marginal grades into good grades, and supports colleagues and administration in facilitating each child's social and intellectual growth by creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and open communication.
Skills : Microsoft Ofiice, Excel Spreadsheets.
- Self-contained, inclusive classroom, prepared appropriate lesson plans and adapted as needed.
- Provided successful classroom management.
- Tracked progress of student development through observation, assessment, one-on-one interaction, and personal reflection.
- Handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize based on importance.
- Handled disciplinary actions with the students.
- Instructed through lectures, discussing and demonstrations in Health and Physical Education.
- Established weekly goals and interactive activities for students introducing them to a variety of general academics for Physical Education.
- Aligned students with the required instructional equipment and materials.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate Academic Tutor Resume
Summary : Part-time student and academic tutor with 5 years of experience interfacing with children and adults in behavioral research laboratories, seeking part-time work in the mornings and early afternoons as a receptionist or research assistant.
Skills : Report Preparation, Report Writing, Reports, Written Communication, Research, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Passionate about teaching kids and helping them improve their academic performance.
- Consistently demonstrate patience and positive attitude to enhance the child's learning experience.
- Motivate students to complete work and succeed in school.
- Supervise groups of students during reading/homework time as well as during after school activities.
- Review, explain, and check student's work.
- Provide orderliness and serve as role model to students.
- Engage in recreational activities with students to manifest the importance of physical activity.
- Continuously implement new learning strategies to keep the child interested and facilitate learning.
Lead Academic Tutor Resume
Headline : Looking for an opportunity where can utilize talents and gain new experiences within the community or non-profit sector. Seeking a professional environment where abilities will enhance the work culture while meeting organizational objectives.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Completed extensive weekly reports for supervisors as well as the student's coaches.
- Raise performance averages and grades for the students whom worked with.
- Taught essential reading and writing skills outside of the course curriculum itself.
- Motivated students to learn how to be reflective with their coursework, culturally relative and sensitive in their coursework and personal lives, and more productive and interested in their own coursework overall.
- Maintained extensive paperwork of each student, while providing updates to our central office.
- Communicated effectively in English and Spanish to clients about the progress of their children throughout their enrollment in the program.
- Constructed and executed lesson plans for students successfully throughout the learning process.
- Worked independently and with a supervisor to execute the best lesson plan for each individual student.
Diploma In Sociology
Personal Academic Tutor Resume
Summary : To establish career with an organization where can utilize education and gain further experience while achieving company goals. Seeking a full-time position in Knoxville, TN or surrounding areas.
Skills : Receptionist, Counseling, Writing, English, Multi-Tasking.
- Tutored undergraduate psychology students taking courses in child psychology and social psychology.
- Tutored undergraduate students taking courses in language arts, and literature.
- Poster session to be presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Canada.
- Educated and clarified concepts pertaining to students' Childbearing and Family Theory class.
- Reviewed exam material weekly with multiple students and assisted in their understanding of the subject.
- Tutored student-athletes in all social science, history, science, and development courses.
- Provided an appraisal of written work for athletes across curricula Guide students who are continually struggling from semester to semester.
Doctor Of Psychology
Student Academic Tutor Resume
Headline : To obtain a position utilizing educational, coordinating, and technical skills applicable and pertinent to your organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Provide Supplemental Educational Services to Foster children grades K-12 throughout Los Angeles with diverse personality constructs.
- Utilize curriculum materials during instruction to facilitate tutoring services that are aligned with California State Standards.
- Administer standardized pre- and post- assessments that evaluate the student's needs and progress.
- Facilitate one-on-one tutorial interaction in reading comprehension and mathematics.
- Participant in Foster Youth Program in which I tutor and mediate for children with behavioral and academic needs.
- Promote relationship building to engage the student's hopes and enthusiasm towards learning.
- Effectively help the student to raise grade level improvements by subject.
Bachelor Of Arts
Academic Tutor/Director Resume
Summary : To acquire a full-time Academic Tutor position where can effectively utilize education, interpersonal skills, strong communication and organization skills, apply experience in customer service, and contribute to the goals of a professional organization.
Skills : Expertise in freshwater ecology and environmental impact.
- Assist students in Kindergarten through Tenth grade with academic improvement in Math and English.
- Meet with the public at different schools to discuss rules and guidelines to parents for the initial application process of signing their children up for tutoring.
- Develop lesson plans and study skills for each student.
- Encourage and motivate students to improve study habits and practice on challenging topics.
- Provide assistance to students with homework, writing assignments, presentations and school projects.
- Evaluate and record students' progress each week.
- Communicate with parents on students' progress.
Academic Tutor Resume
Headline : Enthusiastic professional consistently recognized for initiative and creativity while working independently or in a team, with more than four years' experience in television, film, and event production.
Skills : Taxwise, Bilingual, MS Office, Mac OS, Minitab, XL Miner, FMEA, DOE.
- Tutors students in mathematics both individually and in groups.
- Interacts effectively with students who have different cultural and social backgrounds.
- Teaches skills that prepare students for postsecondary education.
- Aids teachers and advisors with clerical needs.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of student contact and maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates academic or behavioral problems to the academic advisor.
- Prepares for student inquiries by studying materials and the correct processes for completion.
- Organizes workflow to meet student's needs.