Assistant Corporate Controller Resume
Headline : To obtain a Controller position with a successful organization that provides an environment promoting innovative ideas, hard work, and continuous improvement. This ideal position would also provide a path for growth and possible advancement within the organization.
Skills : Preparing Financial Reports, Producing Effective Budgets, Maintaining Account Balances.
- Responsible for cash management, wire transfers, reconciliations, capital asset management, and extensive general ledger activities (including journal entries).
- Responsible for activities in month-end close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and audit.
- Responsible for daily cash activity and borrowing for $100+ million multi-level organization.
- Initiated and executed both domestic and international wire transfers, including currency conversion.
- Participated in the financial record keeping of six inter-related subsidiary companies.
- Responsible for assigned month-end and year-end closing activities for parent and subsidiary companies.
- Prepared and entered monthly close entries, maintained supporting documentation.
- Supervised 4 employees in daily activities of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable operations.
Bachelors In Accounting
Jr. Assistant Corporate Controller Resume
Objective : To oversee all of the Companys accounting and financial reporting functions. To ensure the swift and accurate preparation of the monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and drive efficiency through staff development, process improvement, and technological implementations.
Skills : Word, Excel, Access, Understanding, Maintaining Account Balances.
- Posted information to the Borrowing Base Certificate.
- Analyzed financial statements for owners and banks.
- Submitted various financial reports to banks.
- Posted journal entries for month-end.
- Generated quarterly financial reports for corporate and subsidiary companies.
- Entered data for corporate and subsidiary budgets.
- Reconciled intercompany general ledger accounts, outstanding checks, and payroll.
- Assisted CFO and corporate controller with various projects and tasks as needed.
Master In Business Administration
Sr. Assistant Corporate Controller Resume
Summary : Experienced and goal-oriented Financial Manager with a demonstrated track record of leading the organization. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through the evaluation of financial management systems and implementation of process improvements.
Skills : Maintaining Account Balances, Preparing Financial Reports, Producing Effective Budgets.
- Responsible for providing fiscal leadership of internal/external reporting, taxes, budgeting, forecasting, external audit, and procurement functions.
- Worked closely with CFO along with all managers while playing a significant role in achieving the organization's goal.
- Reported financial data to Bank as a loan agreement and prepare a Borrowing Base Certificate(BBC) report on a monthly basis.
- Reviewed and evaluated yearly renewal and heavily involved in making a decision.
- Performed operational performance analysis for multiple locations.
- Reviewed duties of all staff members able to reassign duties and eliminate one part-time contractor-that was paid $50 per hour.
- Worked on setting up training and coordinating testing for the new software upgrades.
Master Of Accountancy In Accounting
Assistant Corporate Controller/Executive Resume
Headline : To lead an accounting team in a positive, professional environment that breeds success.
Assess finance organization and implement developmental action as needed to ensure the highest possible competency level, and that work is completed accurately and on-time.
Skills : Excel, Word, SQL, Maintaining Account Balances.
- Recruited to direct accounting, billing, and A/P functions and ensure operations for all business units during a challenging financial period.
- Led and trained staff of 16 financial professionals in best practices, new GAAP developments, and vendor relationship building.
- Reviewed all balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Coordinated monthly close and consolidated financial statements.
- Assessed and explained discrepancies between actual results and budgeted projections.
- Monitored daily cash position and controlled payments to vendors.
- Implemented corrective procedure for noting sales and use tax implications on invoices.
MBA In Accounting
Assistant Corporate Controller III Resume
Summary : Senior-level finance position in the commercial real estate, finance or healthcare industries.Ensure the monthly close process is complete, accurate and timely, including the preparation of financial statements.
Skills : Financial Reporting, Real Estate, Accounting.
- Directed accounting and financial reporting functions for over 150 nationwide real estate investments (single and multi-tenanted, office and industrial) and 20 corporate entities.
- Hired and supervised 12 accountants.
- Oversaw month-end close process, reviewing work papers, variance reports, monthly consolidated financial statements, and internal reporting packages.
- Coordinated external reporting, and provided accurate financial and regulatory information for investors, lenders, and the SEC, including 10-K and 10-Q documents.
- Served as a member of the Disclosure and Audit Committees.
- Served as the primary contact for quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX audits and reviews, performed by independent auditors and external accounting firms.
- Prepared and reviewed preliminary purchase price allocations related to the acquisition of real estate, managed the preparation of finalized purchase price allocation by 2 outside vendors.
Bachelor Of Science In Accounting
Assistant Corporate Controller II Resume
Summary : Extensive management and accounting experience developing and implementing personnel, operations, and financial functions in both service and multi-store retail environments. Known for dedication to company goals and objectives, policy/procedural analysis, and the ability to handle many varied tasks.
Skills : SOX Compliance, Systems Implementation, Revenue Recognition.
- Prepared Payroll JE's for regular payroll and temp workers Prepare Cash flow forecast on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Helped train other users on the software.
- Programmed customized financial reports, reducing monthly close by 2 days and quarterly close by 5 days.
- Reviewed quarterly REIT compliance tests and tax accruals for Taxable REIT Subsidiaries.
- Formulated new computer-based financial management reports to monitor productivity sales/earnings per consultant; salesforce revenue tracking and commissions; project tracking and software development costs.
- Prepared work papers for the annual financial statement audit, annual Medicare Cost Report, and annual tax returns.
- Supervised staff, as requested.
Assistant Corporate Controller I Resume
Summary : Broad experience encompassing manufacturing cost accounting, division, corporate and commercial accounting, information systems & services, and auditing. Background includes positions with large Fortune 500 and smaller companies.
Skills : Word, Excel, Producing Effective Budgets, Maintaining Account Balances.
- Coordinated and prepared operational budgets.
- Managed the company's tax and MIS functions.
- Coordinated the annual audit and tax review with independent auditors.
- Wrote and implemented formal financial policies and procedures to establish and improve internal controls.
- Reduced monthly closing cycle time from 4 weeks to 2 weeks within the first four months of hire.
- Implemented a computer-based fixed asset reporting system.
- Coordinated compliance with Federal government regulations related to overhead rates and changeability.
Lead/Assistant Corporate Controller Resume
Summary : Results-oriented Executive with global leadership and business development experience. Proven success in different industries-Technology; Manufacturing; Retail; Publishing. Leveraged extensive finance background into business operations leadership roles.
Skills : Human Resource, Outlook, Office Management.
- Coordinated and compiled data for President/Owner and all four General Managers.
- Responsible for all benefit plans including STD, LTD, COBRA, medical, dental and life insurance.
- Administered quarterly payments to vendors to ensure no lapse in coverage.
- Conducted all new employee benefit programs (401K, flexible spending, dental, dependent life insurance). Executed and administered the payroll for 400 employees in the state.
- Responsible for the yearly open enrollment programs for all four branches.
- Cross trained new hires with each department on their roles and responsibilities.
- Processed standard journal entries and held responsible for balancing the general ledger.
Master Of Science
Assistant Corporate Controller/Representative Resume
Summary : Seeking a position in a management position in order to utilize accounting and management experience to add value to the organization. To ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including meaningful sub-ledger support for the general ledger.
Skills : Microsoft, Excel, Oros, Encompass, PowerPoint, Medifax.
- Planned, organized, supervised and performed varied and complex accounting and financial record-keeping activities, including analysis of patient accounts receivable contractual and bad debt reserves.
- Gathered, analyzed and prepared data for financial reports which may involve the application of advanced principles of accounting.
- Prepared journal entries and account reconciliations and analyses for both month-end and year-end closing.
- Assisted with preparation of financial data presented in the monthly package for the Board(s) of Directors.
- Ensured compliance with internal controls and creates desk procedures.
- Assistd with review of accounts payable and payroll disbursements.
- Served as liaison with other departments.
Associates In Applied Science / Paralegal
Assistant Corporate Controller Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Assistant Corporate Controller with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which company prides itself.
Skills : Financial Reporting, Operational Reporting, Process Documentation.
- Assembled, managed and directed an accounting and finance staff, which included 5 multi-national consolidation sites (49 reporting units).
- Led the development and preparation of training materials for global staff regarding budgeting and financial management areas.
- Prepared and directed the preparation of a centralized global reporting environment used to provide management support of earnings releases, SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings, and financial changes resulting from 8-K filings.
- Led the implementation and provided oversight of 5 pre and post-merger integration initiatives covering due diligence, valuation analyses, purchase accounting, financial operations, and pro-forma results in accordance with SEC and management reporting guidelines.
- Prepared and directed the implementation of foreign equity investment capital and accounting procedures.
- Developed the corporate close calendar coordinating global closing schedules, consolidation iterations, coordination of audit work, reporting, and SEC filing deadlines.
- Spearheaded the global adoption of standardized master data and definitions.
MBA In Executive