Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Headline : A challenging position utilizing experience and knowledge in Distribution, Transportation, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Cost Controls, Continuous Improvement and Planning.
Skills : Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Merchandising.
- Processed all orders from distant locations using SAGE X3 Systems.
- Coordinated with delivery company (AAA Cooper) to ensure all shipments were scheduled appropriately.
- Worked with warehouse employees to keep shipping errors to a minimum and guarantee order accuracy.
- Maintained excellent customer relations with vendors and company owners.
- Managed a workforce of 60 people.
- Oversaw the cost effectiveness of 6 production areas by coordinating activities that maximize workflow efficiency while providing employees tangible .
- Scheduled all raw materials for production of subassemblies.
Sr. Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Summary : Results driven and motivational Supply chain leader with success sharpening businesses by leveraging problem solving skills, change management and talent to elevate profits. Experience includes over 10 years in Logistics and Retail Industries. Career consists of steady progression and increasing responsibilities at Fortune 500 companies.
Skills : Logistics, Inventory Control, Warehouse Management, Material Handling, And Customer Service.
- Manufactured utilizing piece rate workers in a subassembly operation.
- Line balanced to insure proper product flow and minimal costs.
- Managed the largest and most complex departments within a 1.7 million square foot distribution center and 19.7 miles of conveyors.
- Processed over 130 million imploded units/year in automated, each-pick operation and shipped to 320 stores.
- Promoted after 8 months with company as an operations supervisor and delivering immediate results.
- Executed major change programs to significantly increase service levels, while simultaneously increasing units/hour by 10%.
- Successfully created and led a team that supported the re-launching of a pay-for-performance program.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Jr. Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Objective : To transfer the network expertise and technical skills gained during 11 years in the United States Army and three years in the construction industry.
Skills : Distribution Manager, Warehouse Management, Operations Management.
- Personally contacted by other DCs in the network to guide their program efforts.
- Led a team of 20-30 Team Members throughout 1.5M sq.ft.
- Built production plans and staff team members to efficiently drive store in-stocks Drive for results while .
- Responsible for all logistics and distribution operations.
- Managed all incoming and outbound shipments and negotiating the lowest freight costs.
- Coordinated all operations and distribution activities within the 700,000 square-foot facility with 30 million average inventory.
- Partnered with the director on budget planning.
Asst. Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Headline : Accomplished in developing effective processes and directing teams in complex logistics functions for multimillion-dollar 3PL accounts. Excel at coordinating tasks of numerous internal divisions and external agencies to ensure rapid, accurate delivery of shipments, materials, and resources.
Skills : Management, Customer Service.
- Executed team unloading strategies to reduce the risk of injury and to improve unloading performance.
- Reduced injury claims by 52% through developing extensive training and safety programs in each department, appointing safety captains and assigning teams to own safety programs.
- Oversaw 10 to 250 temporary associates daily.
- Analyzed forecast data to determine business volume and .
- Maintained a safe workplace by advocating safety training and accident preparedness.
- Led General Safety Team (GST) and ensure all company and OSHA safety requirements are met and maintained.
- Promoted to Distribution Operations Manager after two years with the company Oversaw successful, on-time inventory and shipping transition of over 10,.
Associate Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Headline : Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the sales and distribution function, including sales operations, inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer service. This includes working with IT to ensure that all systems are configured correctly, on time and within budget.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Change Management, Analytical , Verbal Communication, Written Communication.
- Developed material handling procedure to eliminate repeated freight handling, reducing material damages and loss.
- Led and contributed to the development of processes to maximize safety.
- Managed the supply chain process with day to day processes for three base distribution centers.
- Analyzed base supply processes for successes and areas of improvement.
- Built and maintained relationships at operational levels to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Evaluated standard operating procedures to enhance communication, transfer information, and produce results.
- Directed forty-five member distribution team in 500,000 sq.
Masters Of Business Administration
Distribution Operations Manager III Resume
Headline : Supply Chain Professional experienced in strategic sourcing, tactical procurement, contract negotiation, inventory analysis, driving change, logistics, warehousing, and distribution. Knowledge of several procurement systems including ABW, Epicor, and SAP; ability to learn any system a company utilizes.
Skills : SAP, Microsoft Office Suite,Customer service.
- Developed complex facility data base for tracking KPI metrics and Safety Goals.
- Optimized work efficiency, structured discipline, and met on-time delivery requirements, enhanced customer satisfaction and reduced quality issues.
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the receiving department and occasionally supporting the warehouse, and shipping departments leading 40 to 60 hourly employees in executing weekly volumes of up to 60,000 cartons in a 400,000 square foot distribution facility.
- Planned, monitored, and adjusted daily staffing schedules in partnership with other department peers to ensure an adequate balance in staffing levels to support all functional areas of the operation to meet daily objectives.
- Established hourly production standards through data collection, coaching, training, and mentoring employees to improve production standards by utilizing best practices, team work, and increased communication.
- Ensured daily objectives and goals of up to 125,000 cases per shift are executed in support of building Level of Service.
- Engaged with senior management and production controller to establish weekly forecasts, FTE allocations, budget, risk management, safety and incident reporting, and organizing building projects and initiatives.
Bachelor Of Arts
Distribution Operations Manager II Resume
Summary : Dedicated business professional with nine (9+) plus years' experience in operations management, warehousing, retail management, and sales. Looking to secure a supplemental part-time position. Responsibilities have encompassed regional distribution center operations, inventory operations, production control, product demonstrations, educating users on products, customer relations, and training employees.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Training employees.
- Trained and coached staff on standard work instructions and developed process improvements.
- Communicated operational support needs to senior management.
- Successfully implemented LEAN tools such as Kaizen and 5S methodology in support of continuous improvement and reduced costs by 30%, ensured all employees had tools and resources to effectively complete their tasks.
- Established peer to peer learning groups in partnership with human resources to streamline new hire learning curves, and accelerated employee performance by conducting real time observations and providing action oriented feedback.
- Maintained 98% store in stock percentage by providing monthly collaboration with building peers to ensure customer supplier relationship is not compromised and developed an action plan to ensure balance of resources.
- Managed a staff of 40+ employees including Specialist Leads, shipping and production associates.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, cross-trained and monitored performance of associates.
Distribution Operations Manager I Resume
Objective : Seek a leadership position that utilizes skills in areas of competency, enriches individual growth, enables transference of knowledge, and affords the opportunity to contribute towards the growth of the organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer service.
- Managed transportation with regards to yard management, and freight in yard.
- Managed trailers onsite, and making sure they are worked within company expected time frame.
- Planned merchandise through put via warehouse Inbound and Outbound operations.
- Managed warehouse inventory levels and compliance to WIP standards and SOP compliance.
- Managed inventory that is received properly and is processed within timely and safe expertise.
- Drove company productivity via associate engagement, ensuring operational excellence throughout the warehouse.
- Managed associate productivity, utilization, to company performance and productivity standards.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Summary : Distribution Operations Manager with a proven track record in supply order fulfillment, logistics, manufacturing, facilities and maintenance. A strong background in; distribution, purchasing, inventory control, warehouse, and shipping/receiving with an expertise in management, training and development, contract negotiations, and budgeting. Bottom line achievements based on sound analytical skills, decision-making, strategic planning, and creative solutions.
Skills : Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing, Facilities and maintenance.
- Resourcefully cross-trained associates in all aspects of inbound and outbound operations to bolster personal growth and development while controlling labor expenses.
- Formally recognized on multiple occasions for outstanding achievements in building CPH and safety.
- Chosen by senior leadership team to represent the company as a board member for Walton County Communities and Schools and actively stays involved in this roll.
- Worked in conjunction with the owner on locating and setting up a 189,000 sqft 3PL facility.
- Researched and negotiated the best price for warehouse racking, forklifts, pallet trucks, order picker reach trucks, supplies security systems and temporary labor.
- Worked side by side with sales and directly with customers on quoting warehouse and distribution services.
- Oversaw a team of 5 customer services reps, 4 warehouse leads and 25 indirect employees.
Distribution Operations Manager Resume
Summary : Highly experienced Operations and Distribution Manager who has demonstrated the ability to lead large diverse teams of professionals to new levels of success in a variety of competitive industry levels. Proven record to mentor teams to build and distribute product throughout the world with accuracy, cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Has successfully identified deficiencies and potential opportunities and developed innovative cost effective solutions for enhancing competitiveness, increasing revenues, and improving customer service.
Skills : <div>Planning Strategically, Budget Administration.</div>
- Coordinated monthly customer reviews with the Controller on outstanding receivables and warehouse throughput.
- Responsible for all phases of distribution and logistics operational efficiency, including, but not limited to control of costs, staffing, inventory and facilities.
- Organized, planned, administration and general warehouse/logistic daily operations ensuring the highest level of productivity and accuracy.
- Outlined the warehouse process with the IT Department and customer so we can maximize the utilization of the WMS.
- Reviewed and approved invoices to our customers and from our vendors.
- Located, setup and maintained approximately facility for west coast operations consisting of multiple warehouses and office buildings.
- Negotiated rates with current and future warehouse customers, suppliers and trucking companies.
Bachelors In Business Management