Legal Extern Resume
Objective : Eager to gain experience working in Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates, Entertainment Law, Labor & Employment Law, or General/Business Litigation in Southern California. Admitted to the State Bar of California.
Skills : Legal Research And Writing, Oral And Written Communication.
- Counseled clients on a wide range of employment law matters involving the Company's workforce and contractors, including NLRA-related matters and union arbitrations, over an eleven service state area.
- Served as the primary in-house contact and outside counsel liaison on myriad litigation and arbitration matters pertaining to wrongful discharge, tort, breach of contract, discrimination and retaliation claims under the ADA, Title VII, ADEA, FMLA.
- Won numerous grievance arbitrations Assisted with witness preparation Drafted post-hearing briefs Negotiated settlements, attended depositions and handled mediations Secured critical "no probable cause" determinations in response to submitted position statements on behalf of the Company regarding various charges of discrimination.
- Investigated claims and partnered with Human Resources, Ethics & Compliance & Recovery Center to secure personnel documentation in response to charges and litigation.
- Advocated cases before state and federal governmental agencies such as the EEOC.
- Real Estate Performed legal research on technical and complex power generation and transmission issues in connection with real estate procurement.
- Assisted with defending the Company in connection with appropriation, eminent domain and foreclosure litigation in order to protect its real estate assets.
- Worked closely with the real estate practice group and right-of-way group to secure easements and to ensure that the Company's interests were properly identified and protected in connection with siting of electric transmission lines and substations.
- Assisted with general tort litigation cases and mediations pertaining to personal injury, electrocution and property damages, as well as other ligation matters pertaining to the Company's operations.
Sr. Legal Extern Resume
Summary : Worked as a Legal Extern. Experience in editorial writing, biographical writing, travel writing, technical writing, and critical reviewing; published texts have appeared in books, magazines, CD liner notes, and on high-traffic websites.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Ohio Casemaker.
- Conducted WestlawNext research regarding: caselaw precedent, civil codes and local court rules; how and under what circumstances various motions are to be filed; and other matters relevant to cases being handled by the firm.
- Completed lawsuit filing forms (Summons, Civil Case Cover Sheet and Addenda, Form Complaint, and Causes of Action forms).
- Composed Office Memoranda involving in-depth analysis of caselaw precedent.
- Composed Demand letters and Meet & Confer letters.
- Composed objecting responses to opposing counsel's Requests to Produce.
- Composed sets of Special Interrogatories.
- Conducted research via WestlawNext on precedential caselaw and co-authored an Opposition to opposing counsel's Motion to Be Relieved from Admission.
- Conducted research via WestlawNext on opposing IMEs, and composed an Opposition to opposing counsel's request for a cognitive IME.
- Reviewed opposing counsel's Motions and gave notes and feedback to Senior Partner.
Jr. Legal Extern Resume
Objective : Successful professional focused on talents and skills cultivated with JD and BS in Communications. Knowledge of contract law, negotiations, torts, and copyright law; demonstrated strong interpersonal relations and organizational development proficiencies via academic career highlighted by portfolio of hands-on research projects.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Writing.
- Charged with overseeing licensing and regulation of more than 1.2 million individuals and entities on an annual basis.
- Encompassed attending administrative law hearings regarding matters including MIOHSA employer citations, workplace discrimination, safety and security, and wrongful discharge, etc.
- Followed judge's ruling and resolution of hearing, reviewed the subject of case with the presiding judge, discussing parties and issues involved as well as ultimate outcome of hearing.
- Utilized information gathered from file data of past hearings to write case summaries, condensing up to 50 pages of file material into one concise summary of one-half page.
- Integrated personally-completed summaries with those written by other extern colleagues for database.
- Following hearing summary edits and approval by presiding judge, submitted summary to electronic database.
- Subsequently organized individual case incidents by keyword and in accordance with such specific topics as "asbestos, " "building regulations, " "electrical equipment." Dramatically improved readability and accuracy of digest by re-organizing and simplifying subject index, eliminating duplicate subjects, expanding subject categories, and separating subjects into sub-headings by actual page number.
- Introduced case summary template to ensure that all summaries remained consistent in style, voice, and structure.
Legal Extern I Resume
Objective : To obtain Legal Extern experience working in the legal field while pursuing a part-time law program.
Skills : Website Design/Content, Public Relations, Public Speaking/Presentations, Blogging.
- Performed legal research on constitutional claims for habeas petitions.
- Drafted memoranda on complex criminal Indian jurisdictional issues to be used in federal court.
- Participated in mooting an attorney who was preparing to make an oral argument in front of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Wrote a Bluebook guide to cite checking for Capital Habeas Unit law clerks.
- Co-presented a CLE lecture to the Criminal Justice Act (Federal Public Defender contract attorneys) explaining the cases.
- Observed proceedings in montgomery county common pleas court - general division.
- Gained experience in federal court proceedings, litigation, settlements, and the us bankruptcy code.
Legal Extern II Resume
Headline : Professional senior project coordinator with an accomplished 18-year career in the legal, real estate and financial services industry. Management style that adapts to specific needs and challenges, coupled with a high-set of standards and strong work ethics. Targeted experience in law, governance, risk and compliance management.
Skills : Attorney, Regulatory Compliance, QC/QA Operations, Certified Mediator, Risk Assessment.
- Drafted 74 appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Wrote 84 motions for pending cases on both trial and appellate levels.
- Researched and helped prepare 12 high-profile national interest cases, including material support to terrorist organizations and human rights violators.
- Reviewed 38 cases and assisted with trial preparation.
- Prepared 8 legal memoranda on novel immigration issues.
- Analyzed civil and criminal statutes and their impact on immigration cases.
- Assisted attorneys involving complex litigation, including preparation cross-examination questions and expert witness questions.
Legal Extern III Resume
Summary : Combining experience from a decade-long career in the data industry, a law degree focused on data privacy and an understanding of the latest emerging technologies. Looking to bridge the gap between enhancing the user experience through data while maintaining and increasing consumer use through protecting consumer privacy.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Terminology, Legal, Word.
- Performed legal research and drafted accompanying memoranda in the areas of bankruptcy, real estate disputes, mortgage modifications (Specifically HAMP modifications), and employment disputes.
- Assisted in case preparation from discovery to trial and client interviews/ interaction.
- Performed legal research relating to bankruptcy, consumer protection issues, real estate issues, and employment law.
- Drafted legal memoranda on questions of law pertaining to bankruptcy, real estate issues, consumer protection issues and employment disputes.
- Drafted motions and pleadings in civil litigation.
- (complaints, answers, motions to dismiss, etc.) Assisted in client interviews and intake.
- Assisted with all stages of trial preparation.
- Observed and participated in case litigation.
Asst. Legal Extern Resume
Objective : Specialties Includes: Energy, Oil and Gas, Title, Transactions, Due Diligence, Litigation, and Natural Resources., Real Estate, Business Law, Commercial Transactions, Landlord-Tenant Law, Debtor-Creditor Rights.
Skills : Litigation, Legal Research, Auditing, Environmental Law.
- Researched issues about business growth, marketing new products, and forming partnerships.
- Drafted memoranda on providing insurance and on gaining church/pastor endorsement.
- Prepared plain English guide on the tax exemption requirements.
- Drafted liability waivers for events.
- Planned a guardianship seminar.
- Drew up a disclosure statement and a Minnesota guardianship form.
- Advised marketing department about legal content for blogs.
Associate Legal Extern Resume
Headline : Licensed attorney with a strong interest in public service/ public interest. Worked and researched in the areas of international human rights, sex trafficking, family law, domestic violence, and disability law.
Skills : Contract Negotiation, Contract Drafting, Contract Management.
- Worked under the direct supervision of Assistant District.
- Filled out bill of information and discovery certification forms.
- Analyzed discovery, prepared case folders, and conducted trial in District Court.
- Provided interpreting assistance when requested.
- Attended numerous court proceedings in Union County Courthouse and assisted with trial preparation for a double homicide case.
- Interviewed clients regarding their legal issues and reviewed clients' financial documentation to ensure they qualify for pro bono services.
- Transmitted clients' legal issues to attorneys via email or phone call.
- Researched trademark and copyright infringement issues to advise clients on whether to proceed to litigation.
- Drafted releases for attorneys to sign who gave recorded presentations to potential clients.
Lead Legal Extern Resume
Summary : Member of the organization, working to become a member of Connecticut as a legal Extern.
Skills : Lexis Advanced, Westlaw Next, Kofax Kapow Katalyst, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Reviewed company 10-K ensuring compliance with federal securities laws and regulations in preparation for Annual Shareholder meeting.
- Drafted sections of Proxy Statement; reviewed Form S-1, prospectus, filings and corporate by-laws for compliance with securities regulations.
- Analyzed available stock option plans for employees and made recommendations by considering tax implications, vesting schedules, and corporate mergers/acquisitions.
- Reviewed sales contracts and made suggestions that reflect market demands.
- Assisted legal team in litigation prep regarding contractual disputes with suppliers.
- Applied for trademarks.
- Responsible for Patent and Trademark Office.
Legal Extern Resume
Summary : A bilingual Legal Extern with a thorough understanding in all aspects of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry - science, law, regulations and compliance, and other aspects of business within the industry.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Writing, Trial .
- Assisted the Chief Disciplinary Counsel throughout the entire disciplinary proceedings process, from the preparation of petitions for discipline to the imposition of sanctions against attorneys who were found to have violated Professional Conduct Rules.
- Reviewed and analyzed initial complaints about merit, Conducted extensive research of case precedent in Delaware.
- Analyzed that research and wrote advisory opinions as to what professional conduct violations were present in the pending matter as well as what sanctions could be imposed.
- Regularly performed investigative functions, primarily in searching bank records, hearing transcripts and supporting documentation.
- Helped to draft interrogatories for deposition and would attend these depositions, using the respondent's answers in arguments.
- Reviewed and summarized letters sent from imprisoned clients concerning abuse while incarcerated.
- Constructed a monitoring checklist used to reveal deficiencies in the monitoring procedures and policies at a correctional facility.