Litigation Secretary Resume
Objective : A Legal Secretary with eight years of experience with the diversity from the areas of personal injury and insurance defense litigation.
Skills : Legal Assistant, Analytical Skills.
- Prepped clients for depositions and recorded statements.
- Completed all PIP documents for all clients. In charge of updating all attorney calendars daily.
- Performed office tasks such as scanning, faxing, filing, and proofreading emails.
- Set up insurance PIP claims with all insurance companies.
- Prepared settlement demands from beginning to end for settlement offers.
- Supported one Partner and one Senior Associate at this mid-size medical malpractice insurance defense law firm.
- Prepared State Court filings; preparing Judicial Council forms.
Litigation Secretary III Resume
Summary : Able to obtain hands-on experience in using the Quick book accounting system working with numbers. Maintained attorney calendars including calendaring of litigation deadlines.
Skills : Legal Solutions, Wave Pedal Transcription.
- Served documents by mail, personal and overnight service.
- Scanned and saved documents to iManage, Draft general correspondence.
- Prepared motions, briefs, and discovery shells.
- Assisted with preparation filing of motions, pleadings, and other legal/court documentation.
- Prepared correspondence and proofread documents.
- Formatted documents using styles, generated TOC/TOA.
- Created discovery shells; prepared trial binders, maintained files.
- Provided secretarial services to staff attorney Organized filing system Summarized deposition transcripts for a pre-trial review.
Litigation Secretary I Resume
Objective : Professional rapport and having open lines of communication with all work are important to create trust and production within an organization.
Skills : Relationship Management, Excellent Communication Skills.
- Supported six attorneys from administrative functions to State and Federal and Appellate court filings.
- Prepared pleadings and Judicial Council forms for various counties within Northern and Southern California.
- Researched applicable citations for specific cases. Trained administrative staff new hires.
- Performed secretarial duties for name Partner including the processing of documents related to DHCR matters and implemented tickler system.
- Supervised and maintained all office personnel consisting of secretaries, receptionists, and office services staff.
- Responsible for office bookkeeping duties including payroll, accounts payable, and receivables.
- Developed and implemented office procedures and improved efficiency in all aspects of the business.
Litigation Secretary/Representative Resume
Summary : Detail oriented, reliable and able to work well under pressure and deadlines. Proficient in various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Legal Solutions, NetDocs.
Skills : Technical Skills, Management.
- Supported shareholders and three associates, including time entry, monthly billing, arranging travel, scheduling conferences.
- Prepared PowerPoint presentations and expenditure reports for travel and other expenses.
- Finalized legal pleadings and correspondence for accuracy and format.
- Prepared pleadings, briefs, and exhibits for filing or e-filing in all courts.
- Prepared position statements and exhibits to be filed with administrative agencies.
- Prepared initial drafts of simple pleadings for attorney's review.
- Maintained filing system in paper and through our document management system.
- Assisted attorneys with depositions and trial preparation, including preparing exhibits.
Litigation Secretary/Co-ordinator Resume
Summary : Legal secretaries work in law offices and perform secretarial tasks that are specific to the law field.
Skills : Excellent Team Player, Organizer And File Manager.
- Responsible for two senior associates who work in different fields of law.
- Created, prepared, and edited various types of pleadings.
- Managed all documents, court filings, and input Outlook trial calendar deadlines.
- Communicated with various courts and clerks to set various types of hearing dates.
- Worked closely with the attorney service to ensure all court documents are filed on time.
- Prepared binders for meetings, mediations, or trial.
- Handled all court appointments, rescheduling, and cancellations.
Litigation Secretary/Analyst Resume
Summary : Dedicated and accurate with extensive experience in legal and financial services, with reputation for high attention to detail, effective problem-solving and competency.
Skills : Multi-telephone Systems, Copiers.
- Assisted counsel primarily in the area of insurance defense.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Interfaced with all levels of court administrators, outside counsel, and clients.
- Able to prioritize workload in a professional manner.
- Required motivation and attention to detail.
- Responsible for administrative duties for Supervising Partner/Hiring Partner of the firm which included opening new cases.
- Responsible for typing and keeping confidential information with respect to upper-level partners' meetings and attorney performance evaluations.
Litigation Secretary/Executive Resume
Summary : Secure a professional position in Events where there is potential for upward mobility and career growth and where training and experience will be of value and fully utilized.
Skills : Office Management, Administrative Support, Legal.
- Performed secretarial duties for three attorneys such as transmittal emails, letters, and other communications.
- Scheduled appointments for clients, office meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Opened new cases, draft engagement letters, compile contact information, file organization, and docket deadlines.
- Assisted in finalizing pleadings and exhibits for electronic court filings, arrange for depositions and court reporters.
- Maintained and organized client cases for pleadings, witnesses, and document production.
- Gathered marketing materials for the securities industry and research via the Internet and other databases.
- Reviewed and finalized billable time for invoicing and follow up with clients/vendors for remittance.
Lead Litigation secretary Resume
Headline : To continue the growth of professional skills in a challenging work environment. Responsible for processing and submitting all warrant requests to the Marshal and responsibility for supervision.
Skills : Electronic Filing, Pacer, Word Processing, Calendaring.
- Set up and managed all matters from inception to closing.
- Created miscellaneous correspondence such as compliance letters, denial letters, claim letters, subpoenas, and open records responses.
- Assisted with drafting of motions and responses to discovery.
- Assisted with preparation of appellate briefs by formatting, checking citation, table of authorities, and table of contents.
- Responsible for entering all deadlines using Outlook and City Law.
- Relocated to California to become the primary caregiver to mother with Alzheimer's disease.
- Reviewed, organized, and indexed extensive backlog of documents and incorporated into appropriate case filing.
Associate Litigation Secretary Resume
Summary : Comprehensive file management from intake to appeal. Excellent statistical and analytical skills. Particularly effective in coordinating, organizing and prioritizing.
Skills : Critical Thinking, Management.
- Assigned to two partners and one litigation attorney in asbestos and insurance defense litigation.
- Prepared law and motion documents for filing such as a motion for summary judgment, opposition, & reply.
- Filed federal legal documents in relation to MDL or cases via ECF/pacer.
- Prepared table of contents (TOC), table of authorities (TOA) in a pleading.
- Filed motions and compiled accompanying exhibits to file.
- Prepared proof of service on discovery requests and responses.
- Served subpoena with notices to expert witnesses and non-party witnesses.
Asst. Litigation Secretary Resume
Objective : Extensive experience in insurance defense and state- and federal-based civil litigation process, from pre-litigation to post-trial procedures.
Skills : Management, Technical Skills.
- Drafted pleadings, discovery documents, and internal memoranda.
- Transcribed from shorthand notes and Dictaphone tapes.
- Prepared attorney timesheets and expense files. Logistically handled extensive travel arrangements.
- Efficiently maintained attorneys' calendars and coordinated meetings.
- Prepared and processed legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Organized and maintained documents, and case files.
- Assisted attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
Master Of Science
Litigation Secretary Resume
Headline : Semi-retired and would like to continue working in the legal field. Professional and organized with an in-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles, office computer skills.
Skills : Analytical Skills, Organized.
- Prepared and formatted correspondence, pleadings, discovery and memos, trial, and hearing binders.
- Prepared and uploaded documents for filing in ECF.
- Uploaded documents into a file management system.
- Ordered patent histories from USPTO website.
- Performed administrative functions including itemizing expense reports, time entry input into Elite.
- Scheduled meetings and travel arrangements.
- Performed secretarial duties for partners and associates as needed.