Clinical Research Scientist Resume
Summary : Clinical Research Scientist/ SAS Programmer with strong technical background evidenced by development, installation, and administration of computerized image processing systems, geographic information systems, statistical programs within high-performance computing environments. Highly capable laboratory manager, educator, and writer evidenced by over 25 years of initiatives in bettering and researching human/environment interactions. Proven record in algorithm development to perform complex spatial analyses incorporating multispectral data from disparate sources.
Skills : Laboratory Methods, Organizational, Procedures, Nursing Assistant, CPR, Basic Life Support, Leadership, And Development
- Utilizing SAS, web-based analytics tools and other programming languages to efficiently work with very large healthcare databases, electronic medical records, claims and registries to identify and Client target patient populations, disease prevalence, and risk factors, describe drug utilization, treatment patterns and disease progression, and other exploratory questions.
- Providing statistical programming support for assigned projects, focusing on real-world data analyses from large databases.
- Efficiently manipulating large databases including complex data preprocessing, filtering and manipulation using SAS.
- Developing and implementing efficient SAS programs and reusable macros as relevant for big data solutions and in particular real-world studies.
- Assisting in the development of protocols and statistical analysis plans according to study objectives and create table &dataset specifications, in collaboration with statistician/study leads.
- Preparing appropriate datasets by defining patient or disease cohorts, establishing study samples, and structuring data according to research objectives and study design.
- Performing statistical analysis, generate analytic reports, tables, graphics, and slides, and communicating project findings to cross-functional teams, or stakeholders.
- Providing technical expertise to implement programming and methodology for complex studies.
Volunteer Research Scientist Resume
Summary : Knowledgeable, quality-conscious, and adaptable Volunteer Research Scientist with extensive hands-on experience in Vaccine Development at the bench, pilot, and commercial scales. Multi-disciplined team player with outstanding communication skills that are enhanced by verbal, written, and organizational skills. Authentic, effective communicator who employs a values-driven, team-oriented leadership approach to deliver results. Exceptional leadership abilities with proven success in Clinical Trial Manufacturing Scale-up and Technology.
Skills : SQL, SAS, Statistical Analysis, Access, Excel, Word, STATA, Outlook, Powerpoint, Internet Explorer, Research
- Led a team of 5-6 scientists to develop purification processes used for the production of research, toxicology, and clinical trial materials for multivalent vaccine candidates.
- Provided technical support for lab, pilot, and full-scale development projects including recovery, purification, and analytical support.
- Supported development projects by executing small-scale laboratory experiments and performing analytical testing in order to develop clinical manufacturing processes.
- Successfully led CTM purification group by managing a team of scientists in order to execute the production of phase i/ii/iii antigens by consistently demonstrating quality work and integrity.
- Played a critical role in the development of multiple aspects of protein and polysaccharide purification, by readily accepting and implementing last-minute process changes with ease, and optimizing team performance.
- Met all timelines and ensured no batches were lost throughout a pnuemo multi-valent campaign through strong leadership abilities and useful multi-tasking skills.
- Successfully performed hands-on process support functions required for the manufacture of clinical-grade vaccine antigens under cGMP conditions by working effectively in a team environment and exhibiting valuable interpersonal and time management skills.
- Gained management attention and promoted to lead role by effectively planning and following-up to ensure processes were carried out correctly.
- Kept GMP compliance deviations near 0% by maintaining processes, facilities, and documentation through daily inspection of equipment logbooks and batch records.
Bachelor Of Science
Research Scientist/Biostatistician Resume
Summary : Doctorate level Research Scientist/Biostatistician with 14+ years of experience working in several interdisciplinary projects. Expertise in research, development, optimization, and scale-up of processes for the production of renewable fuels and chemicals from biomass. Experience in the development of analytical methods for qualitative and quantitative analysis of renewable fuels and chemicals derived from biomass. Strong interpersonal and project management skills to successfully lead projects involving multiple partners, vendors, and engineering contractors.
Skills : LabVIEW, ChemCAD, ASPEN Plus, MATHCAD, Chemdraw, SPSS, MS Office, Molecular Biology, Cell Culture, Bioassay, Drug Metabolism
- Responsible for the lab & pilot scale development of renewable fuels and chemicals from lignocellulosic biomass.
- Responsible for the validation and optimization of process separations steps from bench scale to pilot scale.
- Developed biological and chemical catalytic platforms for biomass conversion to valuable products.
- Designed and implemented critical experiments for process scale-up & optimization involving biomass ionic liquid pretreatment, ionic liquid recovery/reuse, enzymatic hydrolysis, fermentation, chemical catalysis, product separation, and purification.
- Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of alternative techniques for cost reduction.
- Performed material and energy balances, process simulation and cost estimation.
- Worked on projects for the development of advanced renewable fuels, chemicals, and materials from lignocellulosic biomass, lignin, sugars, organic acids, and alcohols.
- Conducted homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis in aqueous/ionic liquid media.
- Developed, synthesized and studied new ionic liquids for efficient biomass pretreatment.
- Studied the mechanism of ionic liquid pretreatment process for lignocellulosic biomass substrates.
Senior Research Scientist Resume
Summary : Senior Research Scientist with over 9 years of experience in high-performance computing and data analysis in nanoelectronics and biomolecular modeling. Adaptable to new procedures and technologies. Responsible for keeping track of consumables used for research purposes and reports to the supervisor before any purchase requests are made to budgets. Patient and determined to learn new and more efficient approaches to methods in record keeping and procedures at work. Approachable, well presented and able to establish good working relationships with colleagues.
Skills : Project Management, Computational Biology, Software Development, Semiconductor Device, Physics, User Experience
- Developed nemo5 nanoelectronic modeling software for simulating next-generation semiconductor devices.
- Managed development of a dozen nemo5 powered nano hub. Org tools, including crystal viewer and quantum dot lab.
- Installed and maintained protocols to ensure nemo5 stability on HPC systems such as Purdue RCAC clusters, blue waters, and titan.
- Acted as group liaison to nemo5 corporate partners and academic users, and improved user experience.
- Coordinated nemo5 centered summer school, mentored students in computational research.
- Managed group's HPC resources, including proposal submission, user support, and reporting.
- Expanded semiconductor community involvement and use of nemo5 by launching code on nano hub.org, a cyberinfrastructure for nanotechnology research.
- Led the design, implementation, and maintenance of nemo5 testing framework for ensuring build stability, performance reliability, and result consistency.
- Improved performance and scalability of nemo5 and other research codes, and devised ways to curtail memory leaks.
- Curated nemo5 user experience with tutorials and support forums for hundreds of academic users.
Senior Research Scientist I Resume
Summary : Dedicated goal-oriented Senior Research Scientist I with a high level of research experience and expertise in functional feeds and dietary modulation of fish health. Advanced expertise in fish immunology and dietary enhancement of disease resistance in fish. Thorough experience in the development of vaccines, probiotics & functional feeds and conducting lab and field trials and obtaining regulatory approvals.
Skills : Molecular Biology - Cloning RNA/DNA Purification System QRT-PCR Cell Culture, Immunoblotting, Development Of Cell-Based Assays, ELISA
- Developed efficient feeding strategies using functional feeds to augment the health and welfare of rainbow trout.
- Worked with commercial fish feed companies to test the efficacy and label claims of functional feeds on fish disease resistance.
- Carried out controlled randomized lab and field trials of novel aquaculture vaccines and functional feeds and studied their effects on disease resistance and immunity of fish.
- Laboratory research was conducted to optimize the dose, mode of administration, size at vaccination, duration of protection, cross-protection and vaccine efficacy and safety in trout.
- Worked with university-private sector partners to gain regulatory approval and finalize specific aquaculture vaccine and probiotic formulations for commercial production, marketing, and sales.
- Taught, trained and mentored several postgraduate students, work-study, and technicians in fish health and laboratory methods in microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and immunology.
- Co-authored multiple research standard operating procedures aimed at improving ease and efficiency of methods for new technicians.
- Allowed for rapid turnaround of critical samples accelerating the completion of the campaign.
Research Scientist/Software Developer Resume
Objective : Research Scientist/Software Developer with solid knowledge in Computer Science and Informatics theories and applications. Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment. Proficiency in oral and written communication with excellent interpersonal skills Ability to adopt new concepts and techniques quickly. Strong ability to collaborate and negotiate with diverse stakeholders and a good communicator through a variety of media.
Skills : Java, Matlab, C/C++, Python, Java, R, SPSS, Hadoop/MapReduce, Compressed Sensing, Machine Learning, Mathematical And Statistical Analysis, Signal Processing And Image Reconstruction
- Collaborated with Project Managers to design and develop the DSARMD project (Detecting Social Actions And Roles In Multiparty Dialogue) and the REMND project (Robust Extraction Of Metaphors In Novel Data).
- Designed and developed the multi-language (English, Spanish, Farsi) source clustering module for the REMND project.
- Developed the API for the Spanish and Farsi wordnet from their databases respectively.
- Greatly decreased clustering's computational time cost by 60% by deprecating some of the old interface methods in the system and writing new interface methods that work better with JWNL API and Princeton Wordnet.
- Designed and greatly improved the DSARMD communication link module's precision from below 40% to above 60%.
- Established the Chinese part-of-speech tagger, constructed the Chinese wordnet (JDBC), etc.
- Tested, debugged, evaluated and improved the systems with two managers on a weekly basis.
- Frequently provided Research Assistants with advice and help on their implementation and Java knowledge.
Masters of Science
Principal Research Scientist Resume
Summary : A highly organized, hard-working, and enthusiastic Principal Research Scientist with 9 years of laboratory experience seeking to transition into an administrative position. Efficient and timely in providing concise test reports for large projects. Adaptable to new procedures and technologies. Responsible for keeping track of consumables used for research purposes and reports to the supervisor before any purchase requests are made to budgets. Patient and determined to learn new and more efficient approaches to methods in record keeping and procedures at work.
Skills : Molecular Biology, Cell Culture, Bioassay, Drug Metabolism, Leadership And Development, Grant Proposals, Budget Administration
- Managed all original samples received from Nepal and ensured all samples have been accounted for and stored properly in freezers.
- Performed laboratory tests for 12 different respiratory viruses on research samples for the maternal influenza immunization study in Nepal in the Kuypers laboratory.
- Sequenced DNA for samples positive for rhinovirus and respiratory syncytial virus.
- Assisted the clinical group with maintaining stock of reagents used for laboratory testing of respiratory viruses.
- Lead the respiratory virus testing and recording of results of all 6000+ samples received from Nepal.
- Lead pertussis (whooping cough) testing of approximately 2000+ pre-selected samples for the study looking at vaccine efficacy in infants in Nepal.
- Sequenced and typed samples from the flu study and it's sub-study for Rhinovirus and Respiratory Syncytial virus trained new research technicians in respiratory virus testing, pertussis testing, and RSV subtyping and DNA sequencing procedure implemented in the respiratory virus laboratory.
- Assisted clinical group troubleshoot issues with a primer or probe changes using DNA sequencing.
- In charge of synthesizing standards used for respiratory virus testing of clinical samples.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Research Scientist II Resume
Summary : Accomplished Senior Research Scientist I with 10+ years' experience directing cutting-edge research for human bladder cancer studies. Effective leader with a keen ability to develop and motivate coherent, results-focused teams. Proven expertise in data collection, study, and analysis alongside an aptitude for developing targeted experiments to determine highly-applicable conclusions. Takes initiative to identify key issues and implement proactive resolutions. Innate leadership skills and clear communication abilities combine with demonstrated strategic vision and disciplined execution.
Skills : Leadership And Development, Grant Proposals, Budget Administration, Targeted Experiments, Cancer Cell Biological Pathway And Microenvironment, DNA, RNA, And Protein Analysis, Next Generation Sequencing, Mouse Model Construction And Genetic Breeding, Transgenetic Plants, Plant Molecular Biology, Soybean Industry
- Partnered with a Head Researcher to establish human cancer translational research lab, overseeing a large majority of lab projects.
- Engaged in cutting-edge research focused on human bladder cancer initiation, progression, and metastases.
- Provided strong evidence to support the development of a new anti-cancer drug to treat bladder cancer patients.
- Employed online human genome databases to manage results, determine statistics, and analyze the output.
- Provided support in the transfer of method technologies to production sites.
- Communicated technical results that helped collaborators, stakeholders, and funding agencies from varying multidisciplinary backgrounds determine the efficacy of their investments.
- Developed and validated QC testing methods to ensure integrity of the sample is maintained.
- Proficiently completed projects several days, or even one-week ahead of the deadline, and be recognized by dept.
Senior Principal Research Scientist Resume
Summary : A Senior Principal Research Scientist with demonstrated expertise in innovative product research and development. Acting as an independent bench scientist, working within a cross-disciplinary team and serving as R&D technical lead. Exceptional organization, communication, presentation and project management skills. Excellent teamwork, multitasking, problem-solving capabilities and initiative in assessing novel technologies and launching new projects.
Skills : Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Physical Organic Chemistry, Surfactant Chemistry, Polymer Science
- Supported the creation of new materials, formulations, and processes.
- Maintained technical communications with the Process Technology Group and the Applications group.
- Supported intellectual property creation. Provided support for the Process Technology Group Laboratory.
- Managed laboratory operation. Maintained the CMM device calibration system.
- Conducted lab tests to support sales. Provided technical support for customers upon request.
- Promoted R&D activities to provide added value to customers.
- Obtained government funding for internal projects.
- Identified research gaps regarding the association between advanced age and surgical outcomes, proposed specific research projects.
- Partnered with researchers from other departments, and worked on multidisciplinary research opportunities with local, state and federal agencies to study geriatric surgical outcomes.
- Guided research staff in data collection, project management, and manuscript preparation.
Laboratory Director And Research Scientist Resume
Summary : Highly-accomplished, a solutions-driven research scientist with a unique combination of molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology skills and experience acquired in industrial, clinical and academic research labs. More than 10 years of achievements advancing knowledge by devising experimental techniques, assays and analytical methods to solve complex research problems with potential commercial applications. Dedicated problem-solver with project and publication success. Outstanding collaborative relationship-building and team leadership attributes.
Skills : Cell Biology, Cell Culture, Molecular Biology, Proteomics, Animal Models, Microscopy, PCR, Research, Statistics, Immunohistochemistry, Mentoring, Project Coordination
- Developed cell-based assays to identify the mechanistic role of various targets in autoimmune diseases evaluate the efficacy of lead compounds in SLE or RA patient blood to position the project compared to standard of care.
- Utilized flow cytometry for immune-phenotyping and characterization of cellular samples for target identification.
- Performed several immunoassays to analyze the cytokine levels in cell culture supernatants, and in animal plasma in response to various treatments to elucidate the drug concept to disease link.
- Analyzed post-transcriptional and translational effects after treatment by measuring gene expressions via RT PCR and protein levels by western blot.
- Develop stable and transient cell lines with siRNA and lentivirus transfection.
- Developed radioactive assays to qualify several compounds for start of pre-clinical development optimize several animal models and characterized chemical molecules in immune models such as systemic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, and GVHD.
- Breed more than 10 different transgenic mice strains, to provide a sufficient number of mice for several experiments in a timely basis.
- Developed guidelines for in-vitro cytotoxicity assessment of chemical matter to the department.
Masters of Science