Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : Specialized in, and centered legal career around, criminal defense, primarily public defense. However, open to developing knowledge and experience, and eager to have such an opportunity, by working in new areas of law.
Skills : LexisNexis, Westlaw, Microsoft Office 2010, VCIN/NCIC.
- Prepared for and tried several domestic assault trials under the supervision of a licensed attorney.
- Researched speedy trial requirements and when it is necessary to notify a resident alien of his right to speak to a consulate.
- Observed cases in the juvenile and domestic relations, general district, and circuit courts.
- Prepared memoranda outlining case law on VA's criminal neglect and child endangerment statutes.
- Prepared subpoena duces tecum to request medical records and identifed information within the records helpful to the Commonwealth's case.
- Drafted a Motion to Revoke Bond, a Motion to Compensate Expert, and responses to Requests for Discovery.
- Listened to recorded statements and calls to identify information helpful to the Commonwealth's case.
JD In Law
Certified Legal Intern/Consultant Resume
Summary : Accomplished four-year military veteran, Navy, pursuing a career in the legal field. Desires employment as a Legal Assistant/Secretary after completing the Master of Science in Legal Studies program with a focus in criminal law .
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Terminology, Teamwork, Office Administration.
- Assisted veterans with disability appeals, for-profit education disputes, and discharge upgrades.
- Provided high quality service preparing client forms and legal documentation for the VA and related organizations to file with the participating discretionary review board or preceding board of appeal.
- Created procedural arguments for the client's matter to determine if it is improper or inequitable.
- Exercised and executed client intake, answering questions and giving appropriate information during the initial meeting and progression of the client's case.
- Responsible for Law research databases, legal processes and procedures.
- Administered including client documentation, file management, writing memos and letters.
Master Of Science
Asst. Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : Background in Computer Science, Patent Prosecution, Software Licensing, and Managing IP Portfolios for startups in funding Prior patent prosecution experience in IP law firm. Interested in gaining experience in post issuance procedures (PGR, IPR, and CBM).
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Writing, Microsoft Office.
- Drafted Cross examination questions for the Medical Expert in preparation for the Administrative Law Judge.
- Hearing Charted and organized the claimant's medical records through an excel spreadsheet to ensure that the claimants medical records were medically equal to or matched the Social Security Administration's definition of listed impairment for disability Benefits.
- Participated in weekly meetings with counsel and supervising clinical professor to discuss the progress in the Child Disability case.
- Interviewed and counseled the claimant's mother on child's case.
- Performed discovery by requesting the patient's medical records from Social Security Administration in order to ensure adequate representation.
- Called and updated claimant's mother about the status of case through in person conversation, snail mail, and telephone conversations.
- Checked to ensure the client was in compliance with the procedural process leading to the Administrative Law Judge hearing.
Associate Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : Certified Legal Intern is responsible for a variety of tasks that help support the daily operations of the firm and provide a competitive advantage. Selected through an application process, this position offers an opportunity to gain experience and learn more about the law and legal practice.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Legal Research, Lexis Nexis and WestLaw.
- Assisted attorneys in several aspects of criminal defense.
- Interviewed arrested individuals for Public Defender Services.
- Participated in criminal investigations and drafted detailed status reports.
- Prepared files for attorneys and assisted at client interviews.
- Worked with prosecutors and judges in plea negotiations.
- Conducted research and wrote memoranda.
- Worked for the Supreme Court of the State of Connecticut on the issue of whether violation of probation has to be willful in order to justify revocation.
Jr. Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : Highly accomplished attorney with more than 17 years of experience and a successful career characterized by in-house positions representing both public and private corporations with an international and domestic presence and the establishment of a law firm focused on business law matters.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Westlaw,
- Worked mainly in the following divisions: misdemeanor, felony, and ROC.
- Conducted both legal and non-legal research.
- Drafted pleadings.
- Interviewed clients.
- Led multiple depositions.
- Facilitated in prepping clients for trial.
- Led multiple plea hearings and sentencing hearings.
Certified Legal Intern (Entry Level) Resume
Objective : Licensed attorney (PA) with practical experience in a wide range of areas, recognized as Local Legal Leader in areas of Business, Commercial, and Employment law, Supreme Court of States District Court for the Middle District.
Skills : Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Ability to speak Russian.
- Attended CLE seminars focused on mental health and death penalty issues.
- Worked in felony division independently researching and preparing cases for upcoming trials on charges ranging from drug offenses to first-degree murder.
- Conducted research focused on defenses and evidentiary issues.
- Performed plea negotiations.
- Drafted motions. and assisted with depositions.
- Conducted client interviews at county jail.
Lead Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : An attorney with a strong background in general commercial litigation, commercial and residential foreclosures, corporate law, bankruptcy, creditor's rights, banking law, and general civil litigation for almost eight years.
Skills : legal research, brief writing, negotiation, litigation.
- Prepared pleadings and memoranda related to dissolution of marriage, domestic violence and dependency.
- Conducted depositions in relation to dissolution of marriage.
- Represented indigent clients in mediation.
- Interviewed and counseled clients regarding legal issues.
- Participated as counsel of record in dependency proceedings.
- Observed court hearings and trials related to child neglect, abuse and abandonment.
- Selected as spokesperson for Children and Families Clinic for Law Center recruitment materials.
Certified Legal Intern/Executive Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Certified Legal Intern with experience in the industry. Certified Legal Intern is responsible for legal compliance, compliance audit, and legal documentation. This includes: drafting and reviewing legal documents, assisting with litigation, and conducting interviews and investigations.
Skills : Blog Subeditor, Westlaw, Word Processing, Legal Research.
- Worked closely with social service agencies and behavioral health providers to place clients in mental health and drug treatment diversion programs.
- Represented clients in several suppression hearings, over a dozen of preliminary hearings, over a dozen involuntary commitment hearings, a discovery hearing, a trial, and several additional oral arguments.
- Drafted briefs and motions on suppression, evidence, discovery, and other procedural issues for a variety of cases including narcotics, homicide and burglary.
- Successfully negotiated favorable plea agreements in numerous cases, including a probation sentence for felony child pornography charges.
- Drafted briefs and motions that secured offers for felony firearms possession and felony narcotics distribution cases.
- Researched and drafted a successful motion compelling the Board of Probation and Parole to fund sex offender counseling for a client.
- Interviewed new clients and evaluated potential defenses.
Bachelor Of Arts
Certified Legal Intern (Fresher) Resume
Objective : Accomplished, dedicated and energetic Criminal law professional with five years of experience in varied IT environments. Excellent interpersonal, communication, creative problem solving and research skills.
Skills : Fluent in Spanish, Proficient in Westlaw Lexis/Nexis, Legal Research.
- Prosecuted misdemeanor crimes, traffic and driving under influence cases.
- Negotiated plea bargains under the supervision of the State Attorney.
- Conducted and assisted in the discovery process.
- Completed a bench trial involving a misdemeanor battery.
- Second-chaired in jury trial for misdemeanor driving under the influence.
- Argued and successfully defended the Panhandling statute in a Motion to Suppress.
- Performed legal research and prepared memoranda on client's legal issues.
Certified Legal Intern Resume
Objective : Highly motivated and reliable Attorney seeking a challenging position with an employer who values loyalty and dedication and provides opportunities to continue improving professional skills, experience and knowledge.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal, Legal Terminology, Writing.
- Assisted low-income clients experiencing housing problems and small claim issues.
- Interviewed clients, investigated claims and prepared case for court.
- Represented clients in court, under the supervision of a clinic attorney, at hearings and conferences for clients.
- Made appearances at administrative hearings at local housing authorities.
- Conducted community presentations on landlord-tenant issues, and breach of contract issues.
- Worked with low income families conducting extensive interviews with clients, organized plans on family reunification, and maintained client contact monitoring client progress.
- Argued successfully in court that family unification be granted.