Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Summary : Proactive Environment, Health and Safety Manager with global experience. Managed startup of three new locations; one domestic and two international. Certified Safety Professional. Demonstrated leadership of multi-facility organization to coordinate global systems that meet the needs of the local plants in an employee focused manner.
Skills : Bilingual, Human Resources, Safety.
- Oversaw all facets of establishing and maintaining an effective HSE culture.
- Responsible for conducting all testing, evaluation, verification and reporting to ensure full compliance with regulatory and internal standards.
- Created reporting metrics to ensure compliance performance.
- Facilitated the development and delivery of all HSE training programs to all levels of the organization.
- Created and maintained all written HSE programs that enhanced the effectiveness of incident investigation, disaster planning, emergency preparedness, equipment review, facility design and overall safety.
- Responsible for all risk management and system safety programs and provided oversight of all recordkeeping to identify risk hazards and eliminate them from the job sites.
- Successfully established and maintained an effective Workers' Compensation program.
- Served as Technical Advisor to Operations, R&D, Quality, Risk Management and Sales Consulted with site and contract personnel on best practices for Sealy's latex manufacturing facility in PA, which included an integrated laboratory facility.
Jr. Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented, dependable safety professional with diversified experience in Safety and Risk Control. Proven ability to develop, incorporate and implement new procedures. Known as a self-motivated professional who possesses solid communication, organizational and leadership skills. Able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly changing situations.
Skills : Industrial Hygiene, Training, Ergonomics, Hearing Conservation.
- Responsible for supporting President, Line of Business leadership and field operations in the design, development and implementation of safety and risk control programs, processes and procedures to protect people, property, environment and company assets.
- Functioned as a strategic consultant assisting Healthcare, Refreshment Services, and Business Dining lines of business in building sustainable improvement processes within their operating organization.
- Functioned as the key point of contact for addressing business needs as they relate to Global Risk Management function areas.
- Partnered with Refreshment Services and Business Dining leadership and field operations to develop holistic business plans addressing Occupational, Food and Environmental focus areas.
- Adoption and deployment resulted in improved safety performance in FY13 & FY14 with reductions in injury events, dollars incurred and OSHA rate.
- Developed and implemented business specific 5S process that focused on service areas, vehicles and warehousing operations.
- Developed and used in conjunction with 5S implementation kits.
- Partnered with executive level leaders (President, EVP, RVP's and VPO's) to help drive improved safety performance.
Sr. Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Summary : Obtain a challenging and rewarding Corporate Safety Manager position that will best utilize managerial and leadership skills and experience. Significantly impact an organization's bottom line by reducing costs through effective management systems. Positively influence all levels of the organization to drive cultural change that embraces continuous safety improvement and performance.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management, Workers' Compensation,.
- Develops, implements and manages safety management systems for 34 Locations in 8 States to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Provides training level consultation to multiple levels of Company management and employees.
- Provides safety training, consultation, safety process and program implementation and management to each location.
- Effectively interacts with regulatory agencies.
- Conducts and prepares EH&S audits to identify potential regulatory exposures.
- Establishs action plans (administrative/engineering controls to correct exposures).
- Ensures policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance and continuously improving safety performance.
- Provides leadership to management in continuously improving EH&S and workers' comp performance.
- Manages Workers' Compensation Program, injured workers care, and return to work processes.
Corporate Safety Manager I Resume
Objective : To obtain employment with a growing company where skill set and experience can be utilized effectively.
Skills : Safety, Administrative Assistant, Office Management.
- Developed and implemented a Risk Management system which resulted in a 90% average reduction in direct and indirect costs associated with employee injuries, illnesses and equipment losses over a 12-month time period.
- Developed an interdepartmental Safety Committee comprised of one tenth of the entire workforce, to increase safety awareness and provide trained individuals to assist with improving the Safety culture at this organization.
- Trained employees in Defensive Driving techniques, occupational safety and health, hazard communication and several other important topics.
- Defensive Driving training and on-going assessment have reduced vehicle incident rates by 85% and have saved the company nearly $100,000 in associated direct and indirect costs within a 12- month time frame.
- Developed and continuously updated a Safety Improvement Plan to ensure continuous safety improvement within the organization.
- Reported monthly to the Executive Leadership Team on the status of the company's safety program.
- Worked with managers to address safety, health and environmental issues.
- Performed numerous audits and wrote reports indicating findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Performed air quality analyses of potentially affected areas.
Corporate Safety Manager II Resume
Headline : Industrial safety and environmental manager with solid achievements in improved workplace health and safety and DOT, in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, warehousing and food processing for over years. Proven ability to apply broad knowledge of state and Federal standards to create and facilitate customized safety programs, schedule, keep records and follow-up for desired results.
Skills : MS office, Management.
- Developed and implemented/revised HSE standards and procedures.
- Developed safety training matrix for all field and office personnel. Daily job site audits and inspections.
- Led all incident investigations.
- Developed and maintained a networking relationship with OSHA (VPPP), TECQ and other governing agencies.
- Conducted random job site drug testing.
- Led monthly safety committee meetings.
- Conducted mock drills on Fire, emergency, OSHA inspections, SWPPP management.
- Conducted safety orientations of all new employees/subcontractors.
Corporate Safety Manager III Resume
Summary : A management Corporate Safety Manager professional with extensive experience in strategically managing multiple facets of business operation. Recognized as an effective leader, motivator and mentor. An insightful task oriented planner and expediter with a can-do problem solving attitude that produces measurable results. Builds cohesive teams to define operating needs and create strategic plans, goals and objectives.
Skills : Software, OSHA, Safety.
- Manages countless workers' compensation claims.
- Accommodates work related restrictions to prevent lost time injuries which proved successful in reducing total lost time injuries by contacting the doctor and informing him/her that restricted duty was available.
- Set up protocols across the country for clinics to see our people for work related injuries and post-accident/injury drug screening.
- Challenges questionable claims and reduced liability on claims found to be fraudulent.
- Provides safety leadership to 35 locations on the eastern seaboard with previous oversight across North America and Mexico supporting Honda and GM.
- Provides onsite safety leadership to teams operating in Honda transmission plant, part centers and dealerships including Toyota and BMW part centers.
- Trains site personnel in the OSHA (29 CFR 1910.178) powered industrial truck training requirements and (29 CFR 1910.1200), OSHA Hazcom requirements.
Asst. Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Objective : Maintained current knowledge of best practices on safety and operational procedures, safety management software applications, along with federal and state regulations.
Skills : Health, Safety, Security And Environmental.
- Performed project management for construction job-sites and provided safety assessments for multiple construction projects, ranging from D.O.T., D.O.D.and private industries.
- Managed manufacturing safety processes of the Precast Plant.
- Proven resourcefulness in all manners of operations of the Plant and construction projects.
- Developed and implemented a drug free workplace program resulting in a savings of over $28,000 in Insurance premium.
- Processed, reviewed, and managed, subrogated, worker's compensation and liability claims.
- Audited company's past EMR/ MOD ratings discovered and ratified discrepancies resulting in lowering the current rate from 1.10 to 1.09 resulting also in a premium discount of 2%.
- Re-wrote the company's HR orientation and combined it with the company's health & safety orientation.
Associate Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Headline : To obtain a Corporate Safety Manager position in the industrial safety and health area which will allow to continue 30+ years of experience, maintain training, and prevent any injuries or safety violations from occurring.
Skills : Corporate Safety Manager, Plant Safety Manager, Project.
- Developed and implemented power point presentations for OSHA training and monthly meetings.
- Conducted all employees' training on OSHA 10 hr. construction and general industry.
- Performed safety audits at all job sites.
- Lead all accident investigations and reports.
- Responsible for workers compensation and insurance claims for Auger Division.
- Monitored and kept and issued all DOT logs.
- Responsible for active member of The Accident Review Committee for the corporate office.
Lead Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Summary : Corporate Safety Manager helping implement programs and procedures in compliance with State and Federal regulations and corporate and client policies; and be accountable for the leadership of the Drive Cam and OSHA/CDL at the division level. Sets the tone for ensuring all operators are current with training requirements of company and contract.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Created, developed, and implemented safety programs/awareness for corporate and captive restaurants.
- Analyzed past and current losses for the purpose of prioritizing and directing safety-training requirements.
- Directed, developed and implemented compliance programs such as those required by OSHA, Worker's Compensation Commissions, Worker's Compensation Monopolistic States and any State mandated programs.
- Served as a primary spokesperson for Applebee's International with national and local authorities on issues ranging from OSHA complaints, CO2 requests, Workers Exclusion programs, Department of Labor and local Fire Departments to improve and maximize the performance of our Third Party Administrator, vendors and Brokers.
- Worked cross functionally with Risk Team members to develop and implement quality standards related to claims handling and efficiency of current programs, along with accountability of our vendors.
- Project Management Designed, developed and maintained the Emergency Response and Reporting Guide for corporate and franchise restaurants.
- Developed, tested and implemented an Allocation Program for corporate restaurants.
- Researched, coordinated, and implemented the Slip-Resistant shoe policy.
Corporate Safety Manager Resume
Summary : Cross-functionally skilled, self starter and experienced Professional, in excess of 10 years directing and managing continuous improvements for Environmental Health Safety (EHS), Pharmaceuticals, Risk, Compliance, Staffing, Operations, Transportation, and am well versed with audits, training and development.
Skills : Project Management, Six Sigma, HAZMAT, Industrial Hygiene, Training & Development.
- Creates and manages Supply Chain Loss Prevention and Environmental Health Safety (EHS) initiatives to mitigate operational risk, incident and claim rates.
- Instructs teams with EHS initiatives to foster awareness and ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, to control Profit & Loss (P&L) statement directives and drive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) initiatives.
- Oversees Supply Chain Profit & Loss (P&L) statement initiatives to control operations for labor, equipment, supplies and incidental expenses, consistently exceeding <$1M plan year-over-year.
- Coordinates, implements, and directs OSHA Laws and Best Business Practices to lead staff with reduced risks and continuous improvements for operations, while optimizing consistency for quarterly <$250k P&L statement commitments.
- Achieves $10k to $100k project managed initiatives to control expenses for resources, operations and other miscellaneous Supply Chain business needs, executing established timelines.
- Executes operational meetings to direct short and long-term strategies, and provide multi-region support with steady KPI improvements resulting.
- Maintains staff via coaching with root cause analysis and preventive measure implementations, for operations with annual process refinement and reduced incident rates >10%.
- Facilitates audits and optimize compliance initiatives for PIE, Conveyor Systems, Fire Protection Systems (smoke, fire & carbon monoxide) and DOT Operations, to impact annual insurance expense reductions.
- Partners with Claims, Risk / Loss Management and Insurance Providers to analyze potential hazards and investigate claims, to implement operational reduction plans exceeding 5% year-over-year.