Director of Purchasing Resume
Headline : Seeking a position to effectively utilize purchasing, sales, marketing, merchandising and leadership skills where experience combined with organizational and proven people skills, a competitive spirit and a capacity to produce results can contribute to company growth.
Skills : Evaluating, Coaching, Mentoring, Vendor Relations, Training.
- Responsible for leading and managing a staff in the strategic procurement and daily management of specific commodities and services for the company.
- Responsible for staff growth, leadership and development in the professional procurement process as well as coordination between finance, internal teams, and supplier community for the successful execution of the business needs of the company.
- Created a "proactive' approach to company programs instead of the "reactive" approach that was in place through project management, including all internal and external parties to ensure seamless customer satisfaction and results.
- Developed and fostered senior-level relationships with critical domestic and international vendors insuring a supply base that supports the demands and strategies of the company.
- Developed the overall supply chain vision, changing philosophies, processes and updating systems within the procurement and production process.
- Formulated and deployed procedures governing all aspects of procurement, planning, inventory management, and supplier development supporting operational excellence, strategic objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Developed a high-potential and high-performing staff and implemented strategies to become a more competitive procurement function, driving enhanced economic value to the company.
B.S. In Marketing
Director of Purchasing Resume
Summary : Accomplished, self-directed, and deadline-driven professional with experience in directing global purchasing and vendor relations in a manufacturing environment. Track record of success in establishing and maintaining working relationships with global companies. Solid performance in areas of budgeting, negotiating, and maximizing savings. Recognized for continually driving improvements and tasks with limited oversight.
Skills : MS Office.
- Select and establish solid working relationships with vendors in an effort to negotiate the best price for the company while maintaining quality; negotiate with vendors to obtain price breaks, promotional deals, and incentives.
- Remain abreast of changes affecting supply of and demand for needed products/materials.
- Manage and mentor a productive team of purchasing professionals.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all procurement activities such as supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement, buyer activity levels, and financial performance.
- Monitor material flow to make sure inventory is maintained to optimum level to support on-time customer deliveries and keep inventory at appropriate levels.
- Expedite materials to meet changes in production schedules, including requests to hold existing orders for a later date and order upgrades to rush service; identify and negotiate with new sources that can potentially provide better lead times.
- Selected Achievements: Transitioned company's purchasing method from buy-to-stock to just-in-time, championing $2M reduction in inventory and creating better cash flow over 12-month period without affecting production.
Bachelor Of Arts In Accounting
Director of Purchasing II Resume
Objective : Seeking a challenging contract management and procurement-purchasing and strategic sourcing, supply chain management position with exhaustive possibilities to bring a profit centered department into being for the organization.
Skills : Cost controls; inventory controls; organization; culinary knowledge; wine, liquor & beer knowledge.
- Oversee product lines, including purchasing, management and distribution, for large optical corporation consisting of 38 retail outlets across the United States Maintain multi-million-dollar annual buying budget for ophthalmic frames and sunglasses.
- Develop, purchase and maintain corporate strategy for accessory product lines to enhance retail sales and customer support.
- Preserve vendor relationships; oversee performance and communication with vendors in multiple countries around the world.
- Manage visual merchandising guidelines for retail stores; evaluate best practices to maintain high-end shopping experiences.
- Development and continuous updating of the Product Matrix; measuring product sales, maintain optimal mix of retail product, identify successful and poorly performing product and quantifying active retail product in stores.
- Responsible for the overall inventory management of product at Corporate distribution center.
- Use tactical approach to reduce stagnant product or evaluate reorders of best-selling product.
- Collaborate with Product Designer on Product Development from ideation, material selection, vendor communication to final production and inspection of finished goods.
Supply Chain Management
Director of Purchasing I Resume
Summary : Over twelve years of experience in procurement and purchasing in the hospitality business. Strong business values, detailed oriented and focused on achieving personal and business goals Experienced in setting and successfully developing a centralized purchasing department where technology, company standards, highest ethics, standard & processes and leadership are the foundations and mission statement on our daily operation.
Skills : Expertise In Different Purchasing Programs As Adaco, Accubar, Bic's And Clear Sky.
- Set and implement ADACO in our hotel to be able to run a centralized purchasing operation that allows us to control purchases by purchase order system, budgets reviews, approval levels, receiving of goods, Invoice processing, Accrual reports, Storeroom requisitions, Inventories, Usage reports by locations, individual outlet P&L's etc.
- Increase Compliance to Corporate Programs such as Avendra, Minority group suppliers and MBS as well as achieve high scores in quality assurance inspections for storeroom operations.
- Conducted training to all departments key players by phases to achieve a centralized purchase operation (F&B, Engineer, Sales, Accounting, Spa, Housekeeping and Front Desk) Manage Accounts payable using people soft and P-Card systems.
- Setup storeroom processes for daily operations.
- Established and constantly review food, beverage and operating supply pars stocks based on business demand.
- Monitor perpetual inventory to achieve hotel financial goals Perform End of the Month F&B Inventories, run reports and submit to Finance for P&L.
- Print reports for transfers between departments for end of the month purposes and tracking of C-7's for special events.
Director of Purchasing III Resume
Summary : Successful product management and purchasing leader with expertise in the Semiconductor and Automotive industries. Results focused manager with track record of creating and implementing business strategies providing multi-million dollar profit improvement.
Skills : Financial Planning & Analysis, Project Management, Procurement Strategies, Lean Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control Systems, Inventory Management, Budgetary Controls.
- Direct commodity responsibility for global procurement strategies of PCBs, Active and Passive Semiconductor Components with approximately $750M annual spend.
- Global procurement responsibility for newly created business group focusing on electronic assemblies involving an additional $708M in annual spend.
- Additionally, NA Product Line responsibilities for Body Controls Systems primarily utilizing plastic components, resins, electronics and micro-stampings with an additive spend of $120M.
- Provide leadership and global strategies to reduce total acquisition cost and increase value.
- Proactively support New Product Introduction teams and ensure Engineering is fully utilizing efficient designs and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Results - Manage multiple global staffs (>75 team members) controlling more than $1.5B in annual spend and achieved annual cost reductions in excess of 5% for the past five years in addition to negotiating extended payment terms (+25%) for better cash flow utilization.
- Created and to improve cross-functional sourcing committee.
- Integrated engineering, operations, program management and purchasing needs into the sourcing decision.
Bachelor Of Science In Engineering
Sr. Director of Purchasing Resume
Summary : Extensive management experience with a broad set of strengths in purchasing and e-commerce sales and marketing disciplines, including buying, research, promotional planning, pricing, and merchandising.
Skills : Negotiation skills, Inventory Management, Category Management, Project Management, Financial Acumen, Relationship Management, Aptitude for Technology, Results Focused, Strategic Industry Management, Professionalism.
- Insured an uninterrupted flow of supplies and services required for the function of a $100 million annual operation and the daily care of more than 5000 exotic animals.
- Issued RFQ's, analyzed vendor performance, sourced new vendors, and negotiated contracts.
- Developed metrics and reports to insure quality services.
- Managed purchasing and logistics support staff of 12 in all processes required to issue purchase orders, receive ordered goods and services, and manage inventories in six warehouse locations.
- Insured that all policies were followed including financial approval processes and budget constraints.
- Worked with all departmental executives and more than 1000 vendors to insure efficient handling of purchase orders and to resolve invoice or receiving issues.
- Insured that the Purchasing and Logistics staff was cross trained and provided purchasing and logistics procedure training to all of the organizations staff.
- Successfully reorganized the Purchasing Department improving efficiency and productivity so that all purchase orders could be issued within 24 hours of approval and all receiving could be registered the same day as received.
Jr. Director of Purchasing Resume
Objective : An accomplished business professional in search of a Director level position, bringing more than 15 years of contract management, sourcing and purchasing experience. A skilled strategist and negotiator recognized for the ability to build relationships with key personnel and complete large projects on time and within budget.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Manage all purchasing to make certain the most economical goods and services are obtained, transactions meet the requirements of law, policy, and procedures and are conducted honestly and in the best interest of the company.
- Manage the daily operations of the Purchasing Department to ensure that the material and service requirements are met in a timely, efficient, effective, and ethical manner.
- Provide staff development training; ensure that all buyers have the required skills.
- Responsible for all personnel decisions such as hiring, terminations, promoting, and assigning workloads; developed all department processes and procedures including implementing best purchasing business practices and methods.
- Responsible for the management, execution, and administration of all capital equipment purchases.
- Responsible for the future long term growth of the purchasing department.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments by understanding their objectives in meeting internal as well as external customers.
- Responsible for evaluating products and services offered by existing suppliers and prospective suppliers.
Asst. Director of Purchasing Resume
Objective : To secure a senior director level position within a Procurement/Supply Chain capacity in a growth-oriented company, where I may contribute to that organization's success.
Skills : Sage 300, Inventory Management, Global Sourcing, Developing suppliers,Engineering,AutoCad, FoxPro, Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for all food and beverage catering at The Moscone Center, with annual food and beverage revenue exceeding $50 million and annual combined food and beverage purchases of over $10 million.
- Consistently keep combined food and beverage cost of goods sold below 16%.
- Oversee a department staff between three buildings consisting of two purchasing managers, two purchasing assistants, a warehouse manager, purchasing analyst, and ten union receiving/warehouse clerks in warehouse/kitchen operations.
- Ensure integrity of purchasing operational database, CBORD, which entails managing recipe creation and cost updates.
- Maintain high turnover of food and beverage inventories through event forecasting and cross utilization of product between several warehouses.
- Manage strategic contracted vendor performance through Optimbuy, a third party vendor relationship company.
- Maintaining sustainability by ordering and stocking only certified compostable disposable products.
- Manage the tracking of product food miles sourced for specific events to maintain minimum farm to table distance and optimum local sustainability.
BS In Business Administration
Director of Purchasing and Sourcing Resume
Objective : Over 24 plus years of culinary arts experience, having worked in all culinary aspects of the hospitality industry. My career has included country clubs, health care, contract food service, fundamental belief in regional foods and fostering a responsibility whenever possible to make purchases that support local neighborhoods.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Oversee ordering and timely scheduling of the High Pointe microwaves from Chinese manufacturer, and negotiate the best freight terms possible to increase profitability.
- Manage inventory and identify obsolete inventory while improving communications within the organization to reduce obsolescence.
- Collaborate with outside sales team, order entry, accounting, and warehouse.
- Interact directly with customers to resolve issues on backorders, usages, and defects.
- Led purchasing team in reducing obsolete inventory by $200,000.
- Reduced shipping and receiving freight costs over $50,000 the first year by negotiating new contracts with different carriers, from brown box services to LTL freight services.
- Decreased inventory and increasing inventory turns by 40% due to better purchasing practices and inventory monitoring.
Director of Purchasing/Supervisor Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Director Of Purchasing with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Account Management, Purchasing, Management, Customer Service.
- Conducted daily inventory analysis of predetermined par levels in all departments, outlets and storerooms to determine delivery schedules.
- Submitted corresponding orders to vendors via e-mail or direct order entry.
- Inspected all orders upon arrival to ensure product freshness, quality, weight and price accuracy.
- Monitored market conditions that directly impacted menu offerings, business volume and profitability.
- Continually researched vendor possibilities, pricing, contracts, service and quarterly evaluations of vendor relationships to the benefit of the facility.
- Participated with the Executive Chef, CFO and other members of the Executive Team in weekly BEO's (Banquets Outing and Events) to discuss menu creations, timing sequences, departmental concerns; as well as, any other concerns or special requests of the clientele for weddings, golf outing and other member and non-member functions.
- Developed and initialized HACCP compliant cleaning programs and schedules for each departmental outlet for daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
Director of Purchasing/Executive Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented Director of Purchasing with 20+ years of experience securing goods and services at optimal prices, assisting in manufacturing/distribution planning, and ensuring adequate pricing of finished goods. Efficient in managing daily operations and future company growth and achieving operational goals and financial objectives.
Skills : Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ERP Systems.
- Resource seasonal products/seeds and help executive Chef setting up organic farm/garden Operates and maintain Birch Street purchasing system, providing training and support.
- Responsible for purchasing food & beverages, office supplies, linen, towels, glass, china and other operating equipment at the highest quality for the best possible price.
- Develop and implements purchasing policies, procedures, and systems within the guidelines of corporate purchasing programs.
- Provide with various reports and information to corporate purchasing team for product benchmarking.
- Closely work with Hilton World Wide purchasing team and corporate chefs for new product tasting and implementation.
- Responsible to Supervise, schedule, train, coach, counsel, develop, spot check and discipline union associates according to hotel's policies and union guidelines.
- Responsible for stocking inventory levels and par levels for all essential guest supply items and provide analytical financial information to Director of Finance for reporting purpose.
Director of Purchasing Resume
Objective : To obtain a position that allows me to utilize my unique skill set and background to help the company be more cost effective, and efficient across all facets of the business.
Skills : Expertise in different purchasing programs as Adaco, Accubar, Bic's and Clear Sky.
- Achieve on average of 8% cost reduction for all sites on a price to price evaluation Create, Implement, and train all Purchasing guidelines, parameters, Terms and Conditions, and site-specific customer requirements to ensure compliance.
- Manage site-specific vendor/Tier 1 contracts for our customer base.
- Negotiate all blanket contracts with major suppliers, ensure compliance, verify that cost savings goal are met and evaluate new manufacturers for a potential replacement.
- Create and maintain Purchasing Department budgets Create cross-functional & departmental teams for training and task completion.
- Create workshops for buyers, Customer service, Inventory Specialists to learn everything from basic purchasing principles to advanced negotiations and inventory control.
- Supplier management to ensure that we have a "win-win" vested relationship, partnering to benefit both companies in this ever-changing economy.
- Responsible for hiring of all departmental personnel, employee evaluations, and terminations.