ESL Instructor Resume
Summary : Fast learner, committed, loyal, and a trustworthy individual always willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the job gets done. My leadership extremely beneficial when it comes to any environment. I have learned that customer service no what is always important.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Lao language- high beginner/low intermediate.
- Manage classroom and design / teach multi-level English courses to adults with varied level language skills, utilizing creative instructional methods to stimulate learning.
- Manage registration, testing, recruitment, and retention strategies for assigned classes.
- Received positive feedback from two district observers stating courses were well-taught and engaging.
- Launched a new literacy program for my students which encouraged inter-generational reading and culturally relevant stories.
- Vast majority of student scores registered as significant gains in post-testing.
- Some increased their proficiency by two levels.
- Earned praise for developing / implementing well thought-out, interactive, outstanding lessons that actively engage students while aligning with CASAS (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems) Average daily attendance more than doubled during period of employment.
Master's In Adult Education/TESOL
GED/ESL Instructor Resume
Objective : I have just finished a project at Ralph Appelbaum Associates, the world's largest museum design firm. In my 2 years at Ralph Appelbaum Associates I have archived a vast collection of artifacts, photographs, and graphic images for a large scale museum project. In this capacity, I assist in both curation and selection of artifacts, photographs and graphic design elements for placement in the Boris Yeltsin Museum in Yekaterinburg (a collection of over 6,000 records).
Skills : Russian Language; French Language; Filemaker Pro; Adobe.
- Taught various groups of 10-20 international students the English language.
- Student levels ranged from beginner to advanced.
- Instructed students in English grammar and conversational strategies, as well as an emphasis on pronunciation and led discussions on immersion in American culture.
- Created syllabi and lesson plans focused around daily living, task-oriented language, discussion and comprehension of current event topics.
- Coming from a family of immigrants and being an immigrant myself, I knew how valuable a good ESL teacher was.
- Most of my students had the necessary grammar knowledge to start conversing in English, but lacked the courage and support to go out and practice with others.
- Being able to provide criticisms in a safe space allowed students to become comfortable with speaking English.
- Skills Used Communication skills: ice breaking skills that force students out of their comfort zone so they can be challenged, speaking and annunciating skills were necessary to provide for the students, experience of communicating with various cultures since many students were at a very basic level of English and had difficulty being understood.
BA In Psychology And Russian Literature And Language
ESL Instructor/Proctor Resume
Summary : Mid-level career ESL teacher abroad transitioning back to the US work force. 8 year military background. BA degree in Anthropology with a minor in Asian studies. Solid background in dealing with culturally diverse populations, managing multiple tasks, dealing with a wide range of customer care issues, and extensive problem solving abilities. Chinese Mandarin - Oral only-Conversational o 11+ years solid teaching experience in China, Japan o Extensive experience living and teaching in China.
Skills : Customer Service Representative.
- Manage the materials and classroom preparation for class activities.
- Provide individual and group instructions to students by utilizing multiple teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and learning demonstrations.
- Efficiently develop and communicate direct and concise objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to students.
- Oversee the planning and orchestration of instruction, demonstration, and work time's balanced program activities.
- Provide observation, questioning, and investigative opportunities to students.
- Generate and implement behavior rules and procedures to maintain orderliness and discipline among students.
- Keenly observe and evaluate student's performance for progress assessment and suggestion for improvements.
- Meet students' various needs, abilities, and interest by adapting teaching methods and instructional materials.
BA In Aviation And Management.
ESL Instructor/Full Time GED Resume
Objective : My degree is a teaching masters in art K-12 from Lehman College. I graduated with departmental honors in art. My thesis is in painting. I have always wanted to be a teacher. This is a second career for me. My experience prior to graduate school as a digital production artist gives me a well-rounded background which I think is essential in art classrooms today.I am currently teaching in a high school special education, self-contained classroom.
Skills : MS Office 2010, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Powerpoint.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws or administrative policies.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, or methods in subjects such as Basic English language skills, life skills, and workforce entry skills.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry And Social
Adjunct ESL Instructor Resume
Objective : Experienced teaching professional with a background in customer service. Accustomed to working with highly diverse groups of adults. A highly creative and adaptable individual who is comfortable performing a large variety of different duties in addition to teaching, which include, but are not limited to, attending to client needs, carrying out administrative duties, and maintaining accurate records. Able to act as a leader as well as a team member and to work with minimal supervision.
Skills : Chinese Mandarin - Oral only-Conversational.
- Instructed in Listening & Speaking, Grammar, Reading & Writing, and TOEFL prep.
- Instructed A2 beginners through C2 advanced LLs.
- Taught multi English level classrooms with ages ranging from 18-34.
- Attended training and helped develop social media outreach.
- Organized and conducted student pick-up and orientation.
- Co-creator of various marketing materials.
- Collaborated on new programs such as domestic ESL, scholarly tours.
- English adventure camps, as well as the creation and launch of online curriculum intended for worldwide ESL instruction.
M.Ed. In ELL
Senior ESL Instructor Resume
Summary : To build goodwill and cultural exchange through language. To provide a joyful learning experience of the English language and culture. To create a warm, nurturing, and fun learning environment that is student-focused. To provide an environment where students of all cultures can participate freely and learn uninhibitedly.
Skills : Fluent In Portuguese And Spanish.
- Teach assigned courses in English as a Second Language at all levels and skills: grammar, reading, composition, pronunciation, listening and conversation.
- Prepare lesson plans, tests, evaluations and student performance.
- Instruct a variety of specific skills related to language acquisition: conversational activities, English through film, etc.
- Participate in teaching trainings, office/student support and private tutoring.
- Counselor and representative of University Placement Services, a service provided to students seeking admission to undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Assist in assessment, placement and registration of ESL students.
- Embrace diversity and actively interacted with a variety of students from diverse cultural, socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
- Follow the course outlines; kept accurate records of attendance, progress and level assessments.
Bachelor Of Arts In Liberal Studies
ESL Instructor/ESL Tutor Resume
Objective : Highly accomplished, skilled and talented Administrative Specialist with extensive knowledge of providing administrative support and coordinating daily activities of the office. Seeking a position as an administrative assistant to enhance my administrative skills in a renowned organization.
Skills : Inventory Management, Customer Service, Computer Proficiency, Public Speaking.
- Educated intermediate level student courses in English as a Second Language (ESL) to non-native speakers.
- Assessed each student's level, and developed lesson plans in accordance to their language learning needs.
- Completed and submitted all documentation in a timely manner, exercised initiative and evaluated program to provide individual education plans, increased efficiency by 15%.
- Established rapport with an offsite agency, recruiting services to help provide adequate facility space.
- Maintained student engagement throughout the entire semester.
- Interpreted test results to students and school officials.
- Achieved 95% successful student completion rate of the ESL course with recommendations of advancing to the next ESL course.
- Promoted expansion of the English as a Second Language (ESL).
Master Of Business Administration In Business Administration
ESL Instructor II Resume
Objective : ESL instructor with over seven years experience in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Exceptional background in designing and presenting student centered coursework using interactive systems that engages students and expedites learning. Developed a culturally sensitive environment for university students and adult professionals. Adaptable to the impact of change and equipped with the knowledge that learning a language takes time and practice.
Skills : Proficient With Edmodo And Blackboard. Microsoft Office.
- Taught general and academic English to Business, Medical, and Design and Arts Faculty students.
- Conducted small group and individual classroom activities based on differentiated learning needs.
- Used Edmodo to assess and organize supplementary materials.
- Integrated the Smartboard as an instructional tool.
- Instructed more than 100 students through lectures, discussions, group activities and demonstrations.
- Completed ongoing staff training sessions.
- Attended professional development workshops focused on learning goals and classroom management.
- Teacher Hai'l University-Hai'l Saudi Arabia Reinforced medical and general English reading, listening and speaking activities using E-learning tools.
MA In Cultural Studies
ESL Instructor III Resume
Objective : Seven years directing international student programs Multi-Lingual & Multi-Cultural; German, Japanese, Hawaiian Creole and Arabic International teaching experience international marketing in Japan Excellent at multi-tasking.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Customer Service, Excel, Inventory, Logistics, Medical Terminology, Powerpoint, Public Speaking, Teaching, Word, Windows, Windows Xp.
- Responsible for core course planning, creating an intermediate curriculum, the establishment of the syllabus schedule, and adherence to the curriculum guidelines.
- Responsible for developing, adapting, and administering assessments.
- Provide classroom management, organization, instruction, and supervision for Auburn Global students in university classroom settings.
- Instruct writing skills with an emphasis on the writing process, content, organization, and language use in formal academic composition in different rhetorical modes.
- Instruct reading skills focusing on main idea, inference, critical and strategic reading to prepare students for curriculum courses.
- Instruct listening/speaking skills focusing on note taking, speeches, and topic presentations.
- Advise students of course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
- Design and develop individualized teaching techniques to include pair work, peer tutoring, cooperative learning, both media and computerized instruction, and both large and small group instruction to meet the needs of Auburn Global students.
Master In Arts
ESL Instructor I Resume
Summary : Charismatic and dynamic ESL Instructor eager to impact the lives of English learners Fast learner of new curriculums and school processes; has excellent rapport with students of all ages and nationalities Works with the administrative and teaching team in a professional manner Completes class administration in a timely manner, including: lesson plans, student attendance and final evaluations.
Skills : Ms Word.
- Teach English language skills such as reading, writing, vocabulary, pronunciation, conversational skills, and grammar, to foreign international students ranging in levels from beginner to advanced.
- Instruct the assigned course(s) in accordance with the approved curriculum.
- Ensure that the quality and quantity of instruction provided in the classroom is consistent with the stated objectives of the school and industry.
- Ensure that the classroom and school's atmosphere is conductive to maximum learning and retention of students.
- Prepared, administered, and corrected tests.
- Created comprehensive website to instruct students individually on all aspects of English grammar.
- Introduced first time computer users how to use the Internet for educational purposes.
MFA In Creative Writing
ESL Instructor/Program Coordinator Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Esl Instructor with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office- Word, Excel And Power Point.
- -Assumed all teacher duties.
- Developed pre-k through grade 5 language arts and/or math lesson plans.
- Conducted ongoing assessments in order to alter instruction to meet individual needs.
- Differentiated instruction for struggling students.
- Assessed and documented instruction via observational records.
- Shared student progress with classroom teachers.
- Prepared students to take standardized tests.
M.S. And B.S. In Education And Public Administration
ESL Instructor Resume
Objective : My extensive background in customer service, experience working with children, years spent teaching English abroad, and Mandarin Chinese language skills make me the ideal candidate for positions working with individuals of all ages from a variety of different cultural and linguistic backgrounds. I work hard to ensure both clients and colleagues are pleased with my performance, and my charismatic personality allows me to get along with almost anyone.
Skills : Proficient in SPSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Keynote, PowerPoint; mastery in online course management and blog-integration: Blackboard, Google, Moodle.
- Creating language plans containing state standards and benchmarks for all students in the district (65).
- Contacting and updating parents regarding student progress and academic achievement.
- Translating for parent-teacher conferences and documents required by the district offices.
- Creating proposals to bring the program into compliance according to both state and federal guidelines.
- Coordinating schedules for ESL personnel in the district (3).
- Recommending materials and tools for language acquisition.
- Providing in-service training for teachers in ESL methodology and practices.