Grants Accountant Resume
Summary : To pursue other possibilities within chosen career path. Good Communication Skills. Great Phone Etiquette. Quick learner and Independent hard worker.
Skills : Accounting, Customer Service.
- Creates, reviews, management and various reporting of federal and state grant budgets for staff, management and to meet state and federal agency reporting requirements (15-20 grants per year).
- Assists in creating monthly reporting for Board Finance Committee.
- Approves and enters all grant-related purchase-orders, travel requests and budget revisions.
- Processes all grant-related invoices.
- Completes Federal and State draws.
- Facilitates monthly meetings with individual grant coordinators to ensure the grants are on track and to assist with needs.
- Creates monitoring forms, contracts, etc.
Associate Of Applied Science
Grants Accountant/Manager Resume
Summary : Acquired over 15 years' experience in financial/contract management within both the private sector and in international development.
Skills : Accounting, Budgeting, Accounts Receivable, Supervisor, Communications.
- Performed all phases of federal grant accounting including day to day financial activities, federal grant management reporting and compliance, budgetary control and proper expense classification based on grantor guidelines.
- Analyzed federal, state and local grants to determine.
- Prepared month end journal entries for grant related income/expenditures.
- Tracked indirect cost associated with grants and tracked matching cost on grants.
- Prepared financial reports and reimbursement requests for external funders.
- Reconciled and closed grants on a timely basis.
- Reconciled grant expenditures with general ledger activity to ensure appropriate allocation of grant funds.
Bachelor Of Arts In Accounting
Grants Accountant II Resume
Summary : Business processes/finance professional with more than 10 years experience- primarily with non profit organizations. proficient in: Business analysis and process improvement.
Skills : Business : FAR, GAAP, GSA, SOX, NOGA, OMB A-110, A-122, A-133, DCAA, And Project Management.
- Assisted in the management of a highly publicized $15 million Department of Labor grant.
- Communicated policies and procedures to faculty and staff.
- Submitted financial information to federal administrators.
- Duties included the responsibility for the accurate accounting and reporting of assigned grants and contracts, advising and monitoring principal.
- Duties also included the responsibility for coordinating the loan program in conjunction with the Financial Aid Office and processing travel.
- Assisted doctors and administrators with financial analysis, pnl reports, journal entries, adhoc reports.
- Responsible for processing ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and recurring invoices in PeopleSoft.
Asst. Grants Accountant Resume
Headline : To work in a field where can develop and utilize qualities that will benefit both and the company for maximum proficiency.
Skills : Certified Application Counselor For Health Insurance Marketplace, Mental Health First Aid Certification.
- Interpret and understand grant agreements and related regulations.
- Analyze grant funded programs on an ongoing basis and determine how grant funds are spent.
- Ensure compliance with grant agreements and related regulations.
- Monitor grants spending.
- Cultivate and maintain strong collaborative and working relationships with program management, program staff, and funders.
- Advise managers/directors on grant funds management and budget planning.
- Consult with program managers on all aspects of grants management, including monitoring and analyzing grants.
Associate Grants Accountant Resume
Objective : Detail oriented professional with more than eight years of quality accounting, audit and compliance experience. Financial analysis, review and implementation of regulatory requirements including federal, state and local systems. Advanced skills in transaction review, regulations research, process improvement, and the ability to communicate recommended action at any level.
Skills : Accounting Controls, Grants accounting.
- Responsible for all aspects of the reimbursement process for federally funded grants.
- Prepared and submit monthly invoices and draw down requests for expenditure reimbursement to grant funder agencies.
- Monitored performance of budgets to ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Managed accounts receivable and cash receipt activities including preparation of Aging Receivables Reports.
- Performed reconciliations of Balance Sheet and Revenue accounts monthly.
- Validated that expenditures submitted on financial reports were supported by the general ledger.
- Processed fiscal report requests for external and internal entities.
Bachelor Of Science In Accounting
Grants Accountant I Resume
Objective : Ten (10) years accounting experience. Extensive computer experience. Developed interpersonal skills, having dealt with customers and co-workers. Self-motivated; able to implement decisions and set effective priorities to achieve both immediate and long-term goals.
Skills : Managerial And Supervisory.
- Provided grant management, including monitoring of funds, preparation of financial status reports, compliance with terms and conditions.
- Prepared bank reconciliations, researched and resolved payment discrepancies.
- Processed cash receipts, Communicated with customers via phone, email, mail or personally with regard to collection accounts.
- Prepared bank deposit and process credit card payments.
- Reviewed AR aging to ensure compliance and produce month end statements.
- Maintained billing system, generate and send out invoices.
- In addition, maintained accounts receivable customer files and records.
Master's In Human Resource Management
Jr. Grants Accountant Resume
Objective : Senior Budget Analyst with over 12 years of experience in the public sector with primary expertise in grant management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Banner ERP, Deltek, Quick Books.
- Entered data on budget amendments and journal entries for the grants department.
- Organized grant files and veri-checked.
- Tracked expenses on employee scholarships and validated/issued travel expense vouchers for payment to employees.
- Supported the development of budgets for grant proposals and amendments of funds totaling 5 million dollars.
- Responsible for A/P, General Ledger, transaction analysis, budgeting, and account reconciliation.
- Conducted on-site audit compliance reviews and recommendations of affiliates nationwide.
- Prepared reimbursement requests for federal and state grants; prepared correspondence and expenditure reports.
Master's In Business Administration
Lead Grants Accountant Resume
Headline : Diverse accounting, auditing, and supervisory experience with national and international companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Skills : Accounting, Management.
- Managed Federal funded Title grants and other special revenue funds.
- Worked with grant managers and the budget department to ensure the budget and spending activities were in line with the DOE consolidated application.
- Prepared journal entries to correct any discrepancies.
- Analyzed spending, maintained and reconciled an accounts receivable ledger, and requested funds from state, federal, and other agencies.
- Prepared and submitted the annual completion reports for each grant in compliance with the consolidated application.
- Calculated monthly indirect costs and reconciled balance sheet accounts.
- Worked closely with GADOE to process invoices through the state website for specific grants.
Grants Accountant/Executive Resume
Objective : Seeking professional and managerial positions in accounting and finance. Interested in public accounting and private industries.
Skills : Accounting - Balance Sheet, Income Statement. Auditing.
- Set up and load grant budgets in the financial system.
- Prepared and manual input journal vouchers to record monthly interdepartmental expenses.
- Paid invoices in the account receivable system.
- Notified financial managers of ending dates, overspent grants, and action items regarding financial aspects their projects.
- Approved personnel salary budgeted from grant funding.
- Processed refunds and reconciled account receivable system.
- Approved purchase orders and requisitions, set up approval queues and gave fund access to employees in the financial system.
Bachelor Of Science In Accounting
Grants Accountant Resume
Headline : To obtain a challenging and rewarding position in the area of Finance & Accounting that provides the opportunity to utilize expertise and skills while making a great contribution to the organization.
Skills : Accounting, Leadership.
- Wrote and submited grant applications to grant donors.
- Ensured assets purchased with Grant funds are recorded and properly accounted for in the software.
- Performed various grant administration functions to ensure fair execution of grants.
- Ensured accurate and timely execution of contracts and reports status to Management for possible actions.
- Maintained appropriate spreadsheets and documentations to support grant expenses.
- Communicated any modifications in projects to grant donors.
- Attended relevant seminars and meetings and occasionally speak at these events.
B.Sc. In Banking And Finance