Housing Counselor Resume
Summary : To join a progressive company that allows sense of responsibility and willingness to go the extra mile to be fully realized. Hoping for a career making move and want a job that rewards loyalty and teamwork.
Skills : Bilingual, Customer oriented, Excellent interpersonal analytical and organizational skills.
- Write, type and enter information into the computer to prepare correspondences, bills, statements, receipts and/or other documents.
- Performs routine clerical and typing tasks involved in processing varied office materials such as requisitions, spreadsheets.
- Verifies information for accuracy and completeness against existing records, post information to records in ELITE and TTWIN.
- Greets callers and visitors and assists them with general problems or complaints, answers telephone refers calls or takes accurate and complete messages.
- My duties and responsibility are as follows: Receives and processes initial or reactivate applications for housing.
- Interviews applicant to obtain additional information such as family composition, health, and social problems, veteran status, rent-paying ability, net assets and need for housing assistance.
- Advises applicants on eligibility requirements, methods of selecting tenant and housing opportunities.
Sr. Housing Counselor Resume
Summary : Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : MS Office.
- Provided accurate, relevant and helpful information to assist clients and potential clients in developing solutions in money management, credit related and housing issues via telephone or in-person consultation by performing the following duties.
- Program Contributions: Assessed clients' financial situation based on the information furnished by the client.
- Assisted clients in developing a budget and setting financial goals.
- Produced written action plan that supported the course of action that promoted the clients' best interests or the clients' choice of action.
- Motivated the client to implement the established plan.
- Provided information to clients including, but not limited to bankruptcy, collection action, court judgment, credit education, credit reports, housing issues, consumer protection laws, student loans, wage attachments, etc.
- Explained credit report ratings and protection laws to clients and provided answers to clients' questions.
- Conducted telephone interviews to determine whether or not client has developed a general understanding of the information pertaining to homeownership and/or being a landlord.
Housing Counselor III Resume
Summary : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks.
- Organize documents and submit them to the lenders for a review on a modification for those people that are looking to reduce interest, principal reduction or going thru foreclosures.
- Provide support to the loan officer and underwriter teams by ensuring the timely, judicious and accurate processing of mortgages.
- Review and verify borrowers' income, credit reports, employment histories, property appraisals, and title insurance information to prepare loan applications for underwriting submittal.
- Submit 12 to 15 files per month verifying that all the required documents by servicer or investor to submit file for modification are present and correct.
- Awarded for good and fastest performance with the bilingual clients upon receiving a Customer Survey rating of 100% Satisfactory.
- Ensure all files were complete prior to underwriting hand-off.
- Successfully process some of the most challenging loan applications (e.g., first-time borrowers, self-employed applicants and borrowers with problematic credit histories).
Housing Counselor II Resume
Summary : To accept a challenging position, as a responsible Office Administrator/HR where training and previous experience will be utilized for mutual benefit.
Skills : Bilingual Spanish.
- Responsible for Phone Intakes on prospective clients Interviewed applicants, reviewed and approved applications for program eligibility requirements.
- Responsible for teaching the first time Homebuyers educational class and orientation class in Spanish Responsible for working with lenders and escrow companies.
- Reviewed all loan documents generated by other funding source for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for preparing closing documents and submitted to escrow.
- Coordinated appointment between buyer and escrow for review and signing of closing documents.
- Responsible for processing WDC client applications, lender loan documents and escrow documents, examined refunds and reimbursements from the escrow companies.
- Responsible for gathering payments from different municipalities, preparing pre-purchasing documents, foreclosure prevention, annual client re-certifications and insurance updates.
- Assisted with the preparation of quarterly and annual reports for specific agencies.
Housing Counselor I Resume
Objective : Seeking a challenging position in an administrative environment that will utilize skills and experience in customer service, administrative procedures, and word processing. Several years of combined experience in case management, document processing and customer service.
Skills : Respectful, Dependable, Patient, Communication Skills, Organized, Multi Task, Detail-Oriented, Motivated.
- Provided information and strategies to expand and support homeownership opportunities.
- Determined a homeowner's objectives, goals and needs.
- Assisted in the best way possible to help the homeowner make solid decisions concerning the requirements for buying, renting or saving their home.
- Created client files containing personal and financial information to determine the status of a homeowner.
- Contacted lenders and dealt with Legal Attorneys in diversionary court.
- Collaborated with DSS to assist low income-eligible persons with SNAP.
- Traveled to pantries and churches to provided flyers that provided guidelines for the food stamp program; as well as presented information on how to apply for food stamps.
- Assisted with completion of the application, conducted pre-screenings and provided information as to how much food stamps they would qualify for.
Certified Housing Counselor Resume
Summary : A management professional with over 10 years of banking experience which includes underwriting, lending and credit experience. Responsible individual with a track record of being trusted with confidential information, maintaining high work standards and the ability to work alone or as a team player. Individual with strong customer-oriented approach and the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and who can handle multiple tasks, produce quality work and consistently meet deadlines.
Skills : Banking, Credit, Customer Service, Real Estate.
- Review clients household budget, credit report and housing goals in a counseling setting.
- Assess clients' capacity/status regarding budgeting skills, credit management and problem-solving skills.
- Assist clients in developing a plan to address homeownership barriers and pursuit of housing, financial and related goals.
- Assist clients with loan application and loan approval process.
- Assist in the development of curriculum for educational workshops.
- Teach Home Buyer classes and provide instruction for homeownership related workshops offered thru the HOC.
- Work cooperatively with HOC partners including Consumer Credit Counseling, City Wide Development, City of Dayton, Miami Valley Fair Housing and others.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with referral sources, housing organizations, community agencies and other related contacts on behalf of the HOC and their clients.
Human Resource Management
Associate Housing Counselor Resume
Headline : Function effectively both as an independent, self-motivated individual and as an active, contributing team player. Communicates well with business professionals, easily establishing rapport gaining client confidence. Highly motivated and work well with public. Strong computer skills with ability to learn new programs. Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving abilities. Ability to train others effectively utilizing professional techniques.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excell, Administrative Assistant, Adobe, Account Management, Counseling, Homebuyer Educator, Solid Waste Coordinator, Flood Plain Adminstrator.
- Refined curriculum scheduled and taught classes for first-time homebuyer designed to assist moderate and lower income individuals to achieve homeownership opportunities and to maximize access to existing public and private resources available to buyers and owners.
- Researched and identified resources to support agency homeownership efforts.
- Developed relationships with other counseling providers, area lenders, and Realtors.
- Help market housing counseling program and services to the public and the area mortgage industry.
- Developed, collected, and maintained informational resources, materials and other forms of assistance for serviced area residency.
- Coordinate homeownership counseling and educational activities as appropriate in other partnered programs and agency.
- Coordinated and provided foreclosure prevention counseling and educational services to homeowner facing foreclosure.
Associate Housing Counselor Resume
Headline : To utilize passion, creativity, knowledge, experience, and skills as a professional to become employed with a company that offers possible advancement and professional growth opportunities in the industry.
Skills : MS OFFICE.
- Primary responsibility is the implementation of the Homeownership protection.
- Provide direct counseling services to homeowners and/or potential homeowners in the Baton Rouge Mid-City area.
- Conduct new client intakes and accept referrals from coordinating service providers.
- Provide relevant referrals to those homeowners who MCRA cannot assist.
- Provide counseling in the fields of mortgage default and delinquency, foreclosure prevention, predatory lending, home purchasing, insurance, contracting, credit, and budgeting.
- Track cases and continue counseling until completion and resolution, unless client is uncooperative and/or fails to respond to communications from staff.
- Maintain full and accurate case files and databases for all reporting purpose of homeownership.
- Assist in development, coordination and implementation of all Homeownership.
Housing Counselor/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Customer-focused customer service professional with strong inbound and out-bound call center experience for leading communications companies. Skills include a demonstrated competency in Windows applications, keyboarding proficiency and use of automated systems. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills : Community Outreach, Typing, Volunteer Management, Event Planning, Educator, Powerpoint, Wordpress, Word Processing, Social Media Marketing, Customer Services.
- Answer applicants' questions about benefits and claim procedures.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Initiate procedures to grant, modify, deny, or terminate assistance, or refer applicants to other agencies for assistance.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data in order to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Interview and investigate applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications.
- Check with employers or other references to verify answers and obtain further information.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
Housing Counselor/Coordinator Resume
Objective : To secure a professional Administrative position which challenges, allows to use education, skills, and past experiences in such a way making it mutually beneficial for myself and employer allowing future growth and advancement.
Skills : Word, Powerpoint.
- Observe and document resident's interactions, providing interventions when needed.
- Provide crisis management as needed/ complete incident reports according to agency guidelines.
- Serve meals, and engage residents in meal preparation/ maintain food inventory.
- Provide coaching, and follow up to foster self-medication skills/observe, and keep accurate records of residents taking their medications.
- Perform room checks including assisting with sleep hygiene routine, and the cleanliness of the resident's personal area.
- Organize recreation/socialization, and evening activities.
- Attend, and participate in supervision, meetings, case conferences, and training sessions as required.
Bachelor Of Science
Housing Counselor/Representative Resume
Objective : A professional with social service background with good organizational and communication skills. Reliable, dependable and flexible to work with all populations in the community.
Skills : Word, Powerpoint.
- Provided monthly contact with participants to ensure safe affordable housing.
- Set up and maintain individual participant's records to ensure that all required forms are accurate, and audit ready.
- Responsible for setting up monthly budgets and monitoring participants spending.
- Responsible for monthly strategic planning with assigned case managers from Methodist Family Services.
- Maintained accurate and completed records on program participants, work closely with the internal fiscal department and landlord to resolve processing and payment problems.
- Prepared and submitted all required and/or assigned reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Worked with participants to bring into compliance with program requirements in order to continue the participant in the program.
Bachelor Of Science
Housing Counselor Resume
Summary : A challenging position within a progressive organization allowing for professional skill development, multiple applications, and a potential for career growth.
Skills : Loan Prospector Outreach, CMAX, UNIX, Windows NT, DOS, Windows 2000, Windows XP, OpenVMS.
- Analyze and evaluate issues causing hardship and assist with effective action plan to alleviate issues.
- Conducts on-going case management as needed to provide services and problem solving assistance to clients.
- Gather information and take each file from pre-approval to closing while meeting critical deadlines.
- Review credit reports, determine credit worthiness and identify if applicant is ready to obtain a loan.
- Communicate extensive knowledge of Federal Consumer Laws and Regulations regarding housing, credit, and loans to clients with comprehension.
- Conducts and coordinates homebuyer, homeowner, and foreclosure prevention education workshops for clients.
- Build relationships with lenders, realtors and other professionals to develop referral sources.