Patient Advocate Resume
Objective : To obtain a position as a customer service representative, where my customer relations experience can be fully utilized to improve customer satisfaction and promote the company's brand name. Key Skills and Qualifications Problem Analysis | Problem Solving | Organizational Skills Customer Service Orientation | Adaptability | Initiative.
Skills : Microsoft, Problem Solving Skills.
- Documenting on daily rounds and investigating any concern of patients during their stay at the hospital.
- Working with nursing staff to make sure that all problems and concerns of patients and/or their family members have been met and addressed, and doing a follow up afterwards.
- Successfully building a rapport with patients and their families.
- Working diligently to decrease the number of problems and concerns of patients and family members.
- Providing a sense of security to the patients and family members during their stay at the hospital.
- Used Good communication skills, patience, using empathy to understand where the patients and family members are coming from, knowledge of hospital policy and procedures, being resourceful in finding a solution to patient concerns.
- Assisted clients in gathering eligibility documentation and in meeting appointment dates.
Associates In Human Services Technology
Patient Advocate/Medical Biller Resume
Objective : Responisble for Working to promote good customer service, making daily rounds to patients to ensure that needs are being met and that good customer service is being given to all patients at the hospital.
Skills : MS Office, Counseling Skills.
- Connected uninsured hospital patients to programs that cover medical expenses.
- Liaised with patient in need and the hospital, government agencies, and community service organizations.
- Provided detailed, accurate, timely documentation for patient database system.
- Worked collaboratively with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, and financial counselors to seek health coverage solutions for patients.
- Screened patients and reviewed applications to determine eligibility for medical and disability assistance.
- Provided optimal customer service by explaining insurance products and community services available.
- Maximized opportunities within the patient support network through advocacy on behalf of patients.
Patient Advocate III Resume
Headline : To obtain a position in the office field where I can best utilize my experience and training for professional growth.
Skills : Microsoft Word, excel, power point outlook and Adobe photo shop.
- Review daily census report for patients admitted as self-pay.
- Monitor tracker for self-pay patients in the ER.
- Check the county system for insurance such as CMS or Medi-cal.
- Once discharge, screen patient at bedside for possible linkage to the county programs.
- Complete/secure applications for patients with linkage, collect any documents, prepare, and forward to field reps inbox to submit to Family Resource Center.
- Answer phones, take messages, screen pts over the phone.
- Assist patients that walk in, make copies, etc.
- Call patients regarding applications that need signatures from the back office.
Patient Advocate/Team Lead Resume
Headline : To obtain a challenging position at a reputable organization that will utilize both my educational background and professional experience to contribute to the organization's goals and simultaneously provide excellent opportunities for career development and personal growth.
Skills : Microsoft office, Customer Service, Creating policies and procedures.
- Assist hospital patients with the completion of the application process for any applicable governmental medical assistance program.
- Serve as a liaison to other team members, to the client-hospital and government agency staff in a collaborative effort to facilitate eligibility coverage for incurred medical expenses.
- Review referrals and screen for potential eligibility Contact patient or their representative to complete the application and acquire all necessary release, signatures, and documents.
- Assist the applicant with gathering any additional reports or records.
- Submit the application and any acquired documentation in a timely manner to the appropriate agency.
- Point of contact for coverage at various locations.
- Provide education and training to co-workers.
- Advise the applicant of all additional required documentation needs and time frames for compliance.
Bachelors Of Arts In Social Work
ER Patient Advocate Resume
Summary : To ascertain a professional position within the Charlotte North Carolina Housing Authority where I can display my professional and leadership qualities as well as experience to assist in helping the agency maintain its level of respect in the eyes of the community.
Skills : Hospital System, Internet Exploral.
- Initiate contact with severe and persistent mentally ill patients, process as it relates to the patient.
- Provide an overview of hospital programs, physician orders, Lead group therapy Incorporate all assessment into database.
- Accurately and completely document conversations and maintain an accurate electronic file of communication related to the patient's treatment and discharge Report claim information accurately and promptly to the treatment team and doctor on behalf of the patient, mail and/or fax claim information to the mental center for discharge planning.
- Assisted physicians to obtain additional information for treating patients.
- Contact the physician after every assessment to obtain mental health history and information on the patient and the condition and treatment plan.
- Remain in contact with the patient and gather information on the status of the patient's health, condition.
- Consult with the doctor, psychologist, social worker, and nursing staff to determine if the patient is getting patient centered care along with following the treatment plan prescribed by the physician .Act as a liaison between patient and doctor, psychologist, and social worker .Ability to analyze and explain regulations, policies and procedures .Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine concern for others, showing compassion towards individuals in need.
Patient Advocate/EAP Coordinator Resume
Objective : Administrative Assistant Office Assistant with 3+ years of work in a fast-paced environment handling confidential paperwork, PC documentation, working with the Department of Social Services and providing quality patient care with their medical bills. Skilled in technical, clerical, and patient support.Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively to patients and staff.
Skills : Typing, Documentational Skills.
- Analyzed financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives.
- Implemented financial planning recommendations to help cover there medical costs.
- Thoroughly investigated past due invoices and minimized number of unpaid accounts by assisting in getting insurance or charity care Recorded and filed patient data and medical bills Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information.Arranged and assisted with hospital admissions.
- Maintained an organized logging system for tracking thru CPSI and CUBS Scheduled appointments with patients.
- Quickly responded to staff and client inquiries in helping patients with paying there bills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
- Communicated with medical transcriptionists regarding patient medical records.
- Consistently informed patients of their financial responsibilities prior to services being rendered.
Caregiver/Patient Advocate Resume
Headline : More than 15 years of experience in customer service and administrative support across healthcare, hospitality, retail, and the service industries. Experienced in the role of patient advocate and health care navigator. Comprehensive understanding of insurance programs, eligibility verification, and requirements for Medicaid / Medicare coverage. Familiar with patient screening, application processes, electronic records management, and patient health information databases.
Skills : Healthcare, Management.
- Presented the patient rights philosophy to patients by visiting with them, introducing them to the patient right's brochure, and confirming understanding of who to contact with questions or concerns.
- Prevented complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing, offering suggestions to resolve complaints, and modifying processes that cause repeated complaints.
- Documented complaints by listening to patients/families - recording details, and determining resolution.
- Alerted legal department and administrator by documenting unresolved complaints and legal actions.
- Maintained patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information strictly confidential.
- Improved quality results by evaluating/re-designing complaint processes and implementing changes.
- Maintained updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Served and protected the hospital community by adhering to professional standards; hospital policies and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements; as well as established JCAHO standards.
Masters Of Business Administration In Healthcare
Patient Advocate/Dental Assistant Resume
Summary : Highly enthusiastic customer service professional with over 35 years of client interface experience. I have been a claims customer service representative, an Enrollment representative, and a Patient Advocate for Seniors. I worked with my last employer for 16 years. Dedicated Customer Service Representative motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success. Reliable Customer focused with many years of experience, organized to meet the patient's needs.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Computer Skills, Computer Skills.
- Worked with company systems such as Salesforce, E-clinical documents all clinics activity patients appointments.
- Live Support and diligently completed all assigned tasks.Asst Seniors, Employees Doctors with payroll questions, claims, complaints, Medication needs.
- Took incoming calls for 80 clinics in Texas and Florida.
- Knowledge of all Administrators, and Regional managers for all 80 clinics.
- And doctors at each location.Data entered all leads from Seniors centers, Arlan's and Heb grocery stores and followed up in 3 days and referred agents.
- To offer other options like Medicare Advantage plans.
- Help many depts to data enter patient information, make outbound calls to over 600 pts in 3 different cities, and made 3 outbound calls to each patient, to try and keep patients with our clinics in that region.
Associate Of Arts In Child Development
Patient Advocate III Resume
Objective : Social, determined and dedicated Medical Assistant and Office Assistant with experience. Ability to assess presenting problems, ensure patients feel comfortable and safe, and possess excellent communication skills. HIPPA and confidentiality knowledge.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Customer Service, Organizational Skills, Computer Skills, Communication Skills.
- Screening uninsured hospital patients' bedside in an effort to find government programs to cover their medical expenses.
- Completing the appropriate applications and following through until approved.
- Detailed, accurate and timely documentation in both MPower and the hospital systems on all cases worked.
- Providing exceptional customer service skills at all times.
- Participating in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and case Desire to help others in need from a wide array of socio-economic groups.
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs.
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs.
- Self-Motivated individual who takes ownership of his/her tasks, work load and goals, seeing them through to a timely completion.
BS In Psychology
External Patient Advocate Resume
Objective : Highly skilled problem-solver, extreme customer service skills, managerial experience, flexible team player, organization skills.
Skills : Customer Service, Account Management, Communication, Sales, Data Entry, Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Office, Marketing Communications, Team Player, Administrative, Hipaa Compliance.
- Interviewed patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients and make appropriate referrals.
- Analyze patient abilities to pay to determine charges on a sliding scale.
- Evaluating Information to determine compliance with standards.
- Document each encounter with patient and outcomes.
- Communicated by phone, email with pharmaceutical companies to find free or reduced drugs for patient that qualified.
- Helped numerous patients receive the care and pharmaceuticals they needed at a free or reduced cost.
Associate In Mining Technologies
Patient Advocate II Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Patient Advocate with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Mac and PC, Digital and Darkroom Photography, Photoshop, Lightroom, Graphic, 2D, and 3D Design, Sculpture, Woodwork, Powertools, Draw, Paint, Sew, Mat and Mount.
- Scheduling appointments for patients in accordant with established procedures.
- Answering the telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner within minimum rings.
- Liaising with patients, general practitioners, health care professionals, and patient's family members in a compassionate and kind manner.
- Receiving and conveying messages in writing, electronically and verbally.
- Making appointments, filling bills of patients, providing receipt of money, and undertaking any banking procedures.
- Monitoring the clinical and stationery supply levels, and placing orders as needed.
- Booking and organizing doctors and staff meetings as directed.
- Scanning, filing, and faxing the documents and preparing them for mail-out.
Certificate In Medical Assisting
Patient Advocate Resume
Objective : To obtain a position where I can apply my skills in any health care facility, with an opportunity to promote within the company.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Personnel Management, Process Improvement, Training & Development, Case Management, Health Education, Sales, Report Preparation, Records Management, Conflict Management, Project Management, Advocacy, Electronic Medical Records, Recruiting.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
- Develop and distribute newsletters, brochures, or other printed materials to share information with patients or medical staff.
High School Diploma