Prepress Manager Resume
Headline : Seasoned, creative and innovative proven master of fine arts. Music projects, prepress operations, branding and production specialist, digital graphic designs via media and print industry leader who produces dynamic and stunning visuals.
Skills : Prepress, Artist Relations, Development , Graphics, Executive Music Management, Media Buyer, Project Management.
- Researched current and emerging art and graphic design technologies.
- Troubleshot page performance issues, SEO performance code incompatibilities and web imagery problems.
- Designed user interface, tools and web pages to meet branding guidelines and web best practices.
- Created aesthetically-pleasing advertisements that complemented the products.
- Designed art and copy layouts for direct mail advertising material.
- Carefully proofread labels and sales materials prior to printing.
- Trained designers on computer graphic design programs such as Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Graphic Arts Communications
Sr. Prepress Manager Resume
Summary : To attain a position where unique technical/creative skills and enthusiasm will have application. Expected compensation: $23/hr. or equivalent.
Skills : Web Development & Graphic Design Professional Ad, Label, and Packaging Design Image.
- Re-organized medium-sized printer's Prepress Department.
- Responsible for Prepress Department personnel, job workflow (liaison with customer service/sales and customers), recording and tracking job charges.
- Experienced in all major software programs.
- Worked with Editorial and Marketing teams to prepare composed page proofs for shipping and printing.
- Provided necessary printouts of all mechanicals prior to art release (as well as printers proofs) for internal routing and approval.
- Coordinated translation of labels and sales materials.
- Instructed proposal team in the use of computer software graphical elements and aesthetic standards.
Jr. Prepress Manager Resume
Objective : To secure a position in a fast pace and highly respective company with growth potential, Researched and recommended purchase of all electronic prepress equipment for digital direct-to-plate operation for fast-paced 100+ employee, 24-hour, 6-day-a-week sheetfed printing operation.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quick Books, QuarkXPress, Adobe PhotoShop,.
- Prepresd Supervisor, 5/99 to 5/01 Oversaw pressroom and prepress operations, functions, projects, equipment, budgets, and staff.
- Hired, trained, and supervised 75 employees, and oversaw GATF and vendor training.
- Directed equipment preventive maintenance program, led continuous improvement programs, and implemented new manufacturing methods.
- Ensured attainment of manufacturing goals and compliance with safety and environmental policies.
- Streamlined processes; introduced Kaizen/lean manufacturing principles; and launched new technologies (e.g., CIP 3, stochastic printing), allowing company to accept more print jobs and achieve high customer satisfaction rates.
- Met or exceeded manufacturing goals year over year.
- Improved quality deliverables, increased profit margins by an average of 20% per job, and accelerated press-checks and press-run speeds by 50% and 60%, respectively.
Prepress Manager III Resume
Summary : A hands-on graphic design/prepress coordinator with a dynamic company that would utilize 24 years of design and technical experience in the printing industry.
Skills : Writing, Graphic Artist, Gluten-free Consulting, Photography.
- Worked with the sales department and the company president to design original, creative collateral materials to promote our company and our products.
- Managed the art department and digital imaging area.
- Purchased the equipment required with this growth, including Macintosh computers, black & white laser printers, color printers and color proofing devices.
- Utilized the current PDF technology, was instrumental in creating a PDF proofing process that cut proofing time from days to hours saving the company in excess of $40,000 per year.
- Researched and submitted proposal for future growth into metal plates or in-house film work.
- Implemented the production on the Xeikon to produce continuous feed material for Nationally-recognized clients.
- Reduced paper waste from 20% to 8%, leading green initiative that saved up to $200K annually.
Bachelor's In Science
Prepress Manager II Resume
Summary : Seasoned professional with over 15 years' experience in a creative, technology-driven company. Demonstrated high performance utilizing technology solutions and increased productivity in order to optimize profitability. Background in intellectual property management, product development, and the use of emerging technologies to position a company for future growth opportunities.
Skills : MAC/PC Exp: Adobe Acrobat Pro with Pitstop & Supertrap plug-ins, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator.
- Managed a team of 10 employees in a digital print environment utilizing both traditional and digital press technologies.
- Transitioned the department from an analog environment to a digital workplace.
- Implemented Just-In-Time (JIT) inventory control and Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Regular involvement with planning and business strategy for improved facility profitability.
- Evaluated and consolidated suppliers for improved cost reduction and stronger supplier relations.
- Implemented web based solutions for file transfer and customer information.
- Increased employees skills through cross training.
Prepress Manager I Resume
Headline : Prepress Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of pre-press and production print production. This includes overseeing the entire pre-press process, providing leadership in developing strategic and tactical processes, and working closely with the design team.
Skills : Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Mac OS X, Color Management, CSS, Microsoft Office, Digital Printing.
- Responsible for all day to day and long term objectives, planning, budgets, and staffing within the prepress department.
- Frequently coordinated with sales, customer service, production control, clients and press room personnel to ensure color targets, timeliness, and accuracy of all printed projects.
- Decreased average lead times from 72 hours, down to 24 hours.
- Implemented Kaizen and Demming based solutions allowing for continuous departmental improvements and plant-wide efficiencies.
- Effectively controlled labor costs and reduced departmental expenditures on overtime by 99% Accomplishments Maintained and exceeded strict departmental lead times for all preflight and proofing of jobs.
- Successfully developed technical training program for internal and external customers.
- Developed and revised operational and working practices via a process improvement team resulting in 30% more job throughput while reducing labor rates to below company goals.
- Successfully co-led lean initiatives to reduce setup lead time on all printing and finishing presses - resulting in reduced downtime and increased plant capacities.
Bachelor's In Graphic Design
Assistant Prepress Manager Resume
Summary : Seeking stable employment where can use writing and artistic abilities in a marketing and communications position.
Skills : Multi-tasking, Offset Printing, Pre-Press, Art Pro, Esko Artworks Systems, Customer Service, Proofing.
- Monitored AE workflows and curves to ensure the best results Serve as department point of contact to software and hardware vendors.
- Maintained and renewed contracts on existing equipment Assemble team meetings to communicate efficiency with customer service and sales Serve as point of contact for technical support of department and plant personnel in regard to prepress digital operations.
- Assisted, advised, and communicated with customers when printing concerns occur during press approvals.
- Excelled so quickly that in just three months I was offered a full time position.
- Able to learn more about the prepress process, including attending ArtPro training.
- Promoted to lead prepress operator.
- Saved an additional $30K per year by transitioning paper purchase specs from 3 to 5 cores.
Associate Prepress Manager Resume
Summary : To acquire a challenging and rewarding position as an Account Manager which will utilize over 30 years of print experience as well as extensive knowledge of print and manufacturing.
Skills : Prepress, Production Art, Supervisor, Retouching, Print Account Management.
- Hired as Print Production coordinator and was promoted to Pre-Press Manager.
- Managed 12 pre-press personnel, including interviewing potential employees and dismissing non-productive employees.
- Department sales volume of $2 -3 million per year, with an 8% gross profit.
- Responsible for work flow and implemented cross training of personnel to streamline and downsize the workforce.
- Managed the work force numbers to maintain profitability.
- Oversaw equipment maintenance and acquisitions.
- Directed communication with upper management, production management team, clients and employees.
Assistant Prepress Manager I Resume
Summary : Manage and coordinate all design and file preparation for commercial printer specializing in agency-grade offset and digital print work. Design of social-media, blog-based printing website. Create and launch promotional efforts. Proven success and reputation for excellence. Key company representative providing support to clients and sales. Excellent communication skills.
Skills : Graphic Design, management, wordpress, Adobe Creative.
- Worked directly with all of our clients and built a secure relationship with all of our customer base.
- Worked with vendors and suppliers researching equipment and software to insure we had the right software and equipment to handle all customers files .
- Managed all prepress for 7-press facility manufacturing packaging labels, tags and IRCs.
- Initiated & developed electronic prepress department for flexographic narrow web plant.
- Increased quality production in-plant by developing plates.
- Maintained high level of customer service with sales and operations teams.
- Responsible for managing a prepress production group of 15 to 20 employees.
Prepress Manager Resume
Summary : Dependable, enthusiastic worker seeks a position to match extensive business experience and financial education.
Skills : Commercial Offset Print Production Experience Direct.
- Assembled and troubleshoot high end ads, catalogs and brochures created in latest versions of Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign from Preflight to Digital Plate.
- Created electronic Imposition using ScenicSoft Preps.
- Operated G5 Macintosh and Brisque Rip Systems.
- Worked closely with Pressroom and responsible for all activities within Preflight, PrePress, Quality Control and Plateroom.
- Responsible for Press and Bindery Ruleouts.
- Maintained Prinergy server and oversee archival of all files.
- Managed production of several critical projects including four Sappi Printer-of-the-Year award winners.
- Created various inhouse online databases enabling real-time job tracking and retrieval of job information.