Sr. Financial Analyst Resume
Headline : Extensive and Diverse accounting and Finance professional with a record of increased responsibility. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner, yet flexible to multitask when necessary. Diverse industry experience including Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Mortgage and non-profit. Enjoys learning new programs and processes. A team player who is attentive to detail and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Skills : Revenue Forecasting, Variance and Product Profitability Analysis, Investment Research, P&L forecasting.
- Prepare and deliver SEC-compliant external quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and related footnotes, as well as monitor various sources of technical accounting guidance, including assessing the impact of new GAAP and SEC requirements on current disclosures and assist in the implementation of necessary changes.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and interpretation of complex financial analysis projects in support of financial planning and control strategies for internal and external customers.
- Prepare and review deliverables distributed externally, relative to the shareholders, regulator, and board of directors.
- Manage the Annual filing of the Annual Report to Congress where detailed mortgage data is provided to the housing regulator.
- Prepare quarterly Press Release process including management briefing which highlights the key business drivers that impact the Financial Statements.
- Support the annual assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 relating to the Key and non-Key Controls, narratives, process flow charts, EUCs, hand-offs and procedures for the External Reporting Area.
- Assist in Internal/External audit remediation Contribute to other accounting and reporting projects and the implementation of best practices.
Jr/Sr. Financial Analyst Resume
Objective : To obtain a senior level financial analyst role within a finance team in a growing organization where my experience and education in financial analysis & forecasting, data manipulation, ad hoc and trend analysis, and ability to tell the story behind the data can provide a company better insight into the market and financial trends of its customer base and prospects.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Accounting, Auditing, Financial Analysis, Variance Analysis, Budgeting, Process Improvement, Customer Service, SAP.
- Drive the analytics for the consulting firm and identify opportunities to improve client-hospitals' financial performance for our current 12 client hospitals.
- Interface with clients locally and remotely to develop monthly forecasts of expected payments, revenue and AR balances, and evaluate to ensure reasonable trends.
- Develop financial models to support new and existing business initiatives, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to help identify ways to improve performance.
- Formulate financial budgets, ongoing ad hoc analysis, and execute business strategies supporting annual budgets and provide insight to leadership for our client-specific financial strategies.
- Create and maintain daily snapshot 5-day trends on a variety of financial statistics to quickly spot positive and negative patterns and look for anomalies and outliers in the data.
- Enter notes and select options from Excel drop-down menus that allow me to aggregate commonly found account issues from payers and outline these accounts to be corrected more efficiently by our collectors.
B.B.A. In Finance
Sr. Financial Analyst & Controller Resume
Headline : Experienced business / financial analyst skilled in analyzing complex data. Strengths include working well with a variety of people and problems, organizing and analyzing information, and prioritizing steps in complex processes. Eager to learn new things. Interested in Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Systems.
Skills : Excel, Leadership.
- Forecasted income by Participating in S&OP meeting and financial modeling future revenue and worked across functional to estimate costs and expense.
- Assisted in projecting future cash flow, income statement and balance sheet and the development of the long-range and short term financial plans.
- Conducted budget variance analysis and determined account accrue after biweekly closing.
- Construct management report to analyze the financial impact and business trend, identify the risky account, recommend on key drivers for cost and expense elimination and continuous process and profitability improvements.
- Collected data to generate project cost variance and cash flow metrics and analyzed results for reporting and risks management.
- Managed project cost risks with the risk-driven method by characterizing risks probability and impact and risks prioritization.
- Investigated into complex accounting data set and table structures to determine data validate accuracy, dependability, and relevance for management requests.
- Developed weekly ad-hoc reports to track data and issues and cooperated with internal stakeholder groups to resolve project issues.
- Coordinated with consulting firms and accounting department to compile data on existing investments for monthly investor reports.
- Participated in capital budgeting by conducting a wide variety of analytical research of large amount potential investment and expenditures including project profitability evaluation and ranking, breakeven analyses, benchmarking fiscal components in other agencies, and prepared and presented appraisal reports.
MS In Economics
Sr. Financial Analyst (Contract) Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that will utilize my analytical and research abilities and provide a challenging learning environment in which I will be given the opportunity to expand my horizon and grow within my career.
Skills : Microsoft Office XP Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access - Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Access, PeopleSoft, SAP, QuickBooks, Outlook, PACE, Great Plains And WebFocus.
- Prepared the financial reporting and financial management of the business reports, include monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, reviewed and prepared entries for accruals, reconciliations, and financial support of business line projects with a revenue of 95Billion.
- Prepared, reviewed and analyzed all P&L accounts and provided results to the manager with the complete required reporting and control functions.
- Managed and prepared the complete reporting of all general ledger reconciliation within internal and external corporate guidelines.
- Prepared equity and debt securities reports with fair value, amortized cost data, classifications by security type, categories of issues, unrealized gains and losses and contractual maturities.
- Prepared quarterly and yearly GAAP financial report schedules, disclosures, statements, footnotes and all supporting documents to the SEC Team in regards to the 10Q and 10K.
- Prepared and submitted monthly and quarterly financial highlight memos and business unit books detailing significant transactions and explaining periodic changes.
- Provided the asset managers and business units with month over month, quarter over quarter and year over year data analysis (changes in asset levels, actual vs budget variances, revenue analysis, investment trends, top ten issuers by security type, etc.)
- Reviewed and prepared monthly Portfolio Earnings Report and Single Source File containing holding-level detail for distribution to Business Units and management reporting.
B.S. In Accounting
Sr. Financial Analyst/Manager Resume
Objective : Results-driven Financial Analyst who contributes to growth and profitability by providing insightful decision support of unparalleled depth and precision. Dynamic and pro-active leader with a proven track record of streamlining processes and designing innovative solutions that significantly improve the accuracy of reporting, forecasting and analytics. Areas of expertise include Budgeting, Accounting, Capital Markets, Presentations to Executive Leadership, Project Management and Coordination of Financial Reporting across multiple lines of business.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Tableau, Data Analysis, ERP - Dynamics AX.
- Provide decision support in the form of budgeting and forecasting, evaluating the financial and strategic impact of new business opportunities, conducting what-if analysis on business cases and product pricing scenarios, coordinating the preparation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts and multi-year valuations.
- Played a key support role in a major team effort to develop a new product with the potential to increase revenue by $10M+.
- Authored business case and governance presentation including use case documents, market research and market sizing, revenue model, ROI model, NPV analyses, and OPEX/CAPEX planning informing cash flow impact versus P&L impact.
- Continually constructing new and improved excel models to sharpen financial forecasting, and generate a higher quality work product with insightful and actionable deliverables for FP&A.
- Assembled and drove the rollout of a monthly, automated reporting package, scalable across all Product Lines in the Organization.
- The contents include an operational, strategic, and financial assessment of the business in addition to bringing consistency in FP&A's monthly reporting deliverables.
- Automated Financial Statement forecasts by constructing and modeling the balance sheet using key assumptions and drivers along with creating logic for supporting schedules such as pre-paid, payroll accruals and accumulated depreciation for capital purchases.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Sr. Financial Analyst with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Real Estate, Market Analysis, Financial Analysis, Public Speaking, Excel, Forecasting, Powerpoint, Powerpoint, Research, Sharepoint, Word.
- Served as the liaison between the Center, the Division and the Department of Medicine at all sponsored projects.
- Assisted leadership with the development of work plans, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Planned and directed administrative/financial operations through strategic planning and process improvement.
- Led submissions of large multi-center proposals, and research contracts/ clinical trials with funding agencies, standard sponsored grants, and specialized fellowships ensuring that all regulations and policies, grant and contract guidelines were followed while formulating cost proposals for new and ongoing projects.
- Supervised staff in the pre/post-award process including but not limited to the allocation of budgets, coordinating the timely and accurate set up of payroll and grant guidelines, reconciling reports, preparing progress reports, research related payroll and financial data and served as the representative with donors.
- Provided oversight and management of financial and sponsored projects staff, and collaborated with finance/administrative staff to implement processes and procedures to ensure effective/efficient day to day operations.
- Identified and managed project timelines, funding parameters, ensured adherence to timelines, budgets, and outcomes.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Lead Resume
Objective : Areas of Expertise Motivated Finance Manager with a passion for creating insights that lead to fast informed decision making. Twelve years of experience in strategic finance initiatives, pricing strategy and innovation. Detailed understanding of all corporate functions with successful track record for improving business processes to achieve long term objectives. Reputation for achieving results, going fast and building strong team relationships.
Skills : Analysis, Reporting, Pricing, Innovation, Oracle, Competitive Analysis, Strategic Planning, Metrics, Excel, Sap, Financial Modeling, Hyperion, Project Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Process Improvement.
- Included Innovation Business Team functional lead, FP&A reporting for the consumer products, R&D and marketing expense management, and acquisition analysis.
- Management for new product innovation metrics Implemented automated customer and product reporting templates to analyze the impact of volume, pricing, product mix, acquisitions and promotions on monthly actuals and forecasts.
- Reduced processing time on financial reporting models from four hours to ten minutes per the report, eliminating the need for additional headcount.
- Participated in committee to improve New Product Stage-Gate Process with metrics for each stage of the new product life cycle.
- Created R&D time tracking tool and database, providing key resource insights to management that helped reshape the consumer project approval process, resulting in an increased focus on Innovation.
- Implemented new business processes and trained 50+ R&D employees on R&D time tracking tool, improving utilization of resources on Innovation.
- Created financial reporting to provide senior management with actuals and forecasts for the consumer division.
- Reported financial status to management by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts, and reports.
- Assisted with valuation, analysis, & integration of consumer acquisitions, including Kitchen Basics.
Sr. Financial Analyst III Resume
Summary : Experienced real estate valuation professional with a talent for quickly mastering new concepts. A natural leader who is comfortable working in groups or heading projects alone. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records. Proven history of producing credible analysis and reports on complex assignments while meeting stringent deadlines.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Sap, Salesforce, Access, CRM, Crystal Reports, Databases, Data Mining, ADP.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive financial support to the division which is the fastest growing sector of Health.
- Conducting variance analysis, mergers and acquisition due diligence as well as financial planning and reporting.
- Created and distributed the daily financial and daily sales reports for the division which provides senior leaders an accurate representation of the financials.
- Directly responsible for creating the monthly, quarterly and yearly profit and loss statements for all of the Hepatitis C, Organ Transplant, MS and HIV therapy drugs which have annual revenues in excess of over $3.5 billion.
- Created monthly and yearly budgets and forecasts for four different therapeutic drug classes.
- Responsible for the management and analysis of financial data and databases for several different sections within the division.
- Created multiple high-level presentations for several specialty therapies which helped guide senior management on projected yearly revenue, monthly and quarterly forecasts, budgets, profit margins, and specific drug trends.
MBA In Management
Sr. Financial Analyst/Representative Resume
Objective : Responsible for Conducting thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy administrator: conduct system data validation, security data access, chart of accounts dimension maintenance and managing of FP&A data logic packages.
Skills : Microsoft, Oracle.
- Provide continuing support to senior management and functional leadership with monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting, and financial analysis for all the aviation business entities with combined annual revenues of $2.2 billion.
- Support full P&L and departmental budget and forecast process by collaborating with business leaders to identify critical business drivers and developing sales and expense planning tools.
- As BPC (SAP Business Planning and Consolidation) administrator for aviation, provide project management support for company-wide financial systems initiatives.
- Prepare and analyze consolidated reports on actuals, forecasts, budgets and prior fiscal year.
- Provide key metrics and analysis to all levels of the management team.
- Consolidate monthly Board Business Report and quarterly Operations Report.
- Produce Ad-hoc analytics and modeling to support strategic initiatives and development of information required to successfully support the company's endeavors.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Consultant Resume
Summary : An opportunity that will leverage my strong background in corporate finance, operations finance, management consulting, and financial services, as well as my strong systems implementation, business process, financial modeling, analytical, accounting, and communication skills.
Skills : CFA Level III Candidate.
- Worked in the business analytics group and provided consulting, business analytics, and FP&A analytical support for both internal and external clients.
- Supported senior management in identifying strategic opportunities to improve the profitability of existing products and developed strategies and business cases for new products and services.
- Created complex investment valuation and financial models in Excel, developed pricing strategies.
- Supported business units with budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and developing KPIs to analyze business segment and product financial performance.
- Developed and maintained the portfolio volume pricing model to analyze individual contract profitability and assess impacts of forecasted revenues and expenses.
- Provided activity-based costing analytics to generate key performance metrics for analyzing an Issuer's cross-functional bankcard operations and provided cross competition comparison.
- Significantly improved the forecasting accuracy of a multi-equation simultaneous econometric model, designed to forecast card industry and specific portfolio profitability within varying macro-economic scenarios.
MS In Finance
Sr. Financial Analyst/Associate Resume
Objective : Over 15 years of supervisory experience Flexible and consummate team-player Considerable experience effecting change and adapting to change Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills Utility player adept at meeting challenges at all organizational levels.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Oracle, Financial Analysis, Auditing, Journal Entries, Financial Reporting.
- Specializing in F&B labor and food COS %'s for several different outlets and advising key members on possible action items to reduce prime costs.
- Analyze marketing programs to ensure programs are profitable while building customer loyalty, improving tiered programs through analysis of their behavior patterns.
- Review P&L and GL statement for inaccuracies or opportunities to improve EBITDA; ensure departments are staying within budget or explaining variances.
- Work with all departments, gaming, and non-gaming, to assist with cost savings initiatives and operational and departmental efficiencies.
- Actively participate in budgeting and strategic planning of the overall business operations including monthly variance discussions and annual budgeting directives.
- Work with management and marketing to keep them informed of the property's business trends of the general market as well as its competitive set in OH and IN.
- Vigilantly maintain daily reports on production, sales, labor, and 'fixed G&A expense' and communicate with departments on possible budget overages.
- Generate and maintain labor reports to assist operation departments to improve efficiency and productivity-specifically focusing on OT and customer needs.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Business Analyst Resume
Objective : Over eight years' experience working as an analyst.Reporting to the Director of Fixed Assets I serve as the primary contact on capital spending projects, secondary duties include working on inventory evaluations. Previously I worked as an accounts payable analyst for the plumbing and lighting retailer, Ferguson in the e-commerce division.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle Applications, SQL.
- Responsible for the analysis and reporting of program costs through sales and profit analysis.
- Verified accuracy of billings, oversaw the status of chargeable accounts, worked with other finance groups in the closeout & purge process, performed project ledger reconciliations, made journal voucher entries and other cost analyses and status reports.
- Developed a strong working knowledge of all contract types as they relate to funding, billing, profit, revenue recognition, project ledger costs, and closeout & purge processes.
- Developed & implemented formal processes with Contracts & Finance for including contractor financing provisions in contracts & the invoicing and collecting of those financing options.
- Headed the project of improving the billing system to better suit the demands from customers & the government.
- Implemented a new method for declaring revenue on the company's programs, which highly improved the accuracy of the company's profit reporting to corporate.
- Personally refined the closeout procedures and trained various departments on how to proceed.
BS In Business Finance
Sr. Financial Analyst/Assistant Resume
Summary : An accomplished, resourceful and goal-driven financial professional with an extensive background in accounting, financial analysis, process improvement, and audit support. Valued, trusted, and respected budget analyst and financial management specialist recognized for exceptional work ethic, integrity, and high professional standards. Proven track record of successful issue-resolution through team building and facilitation.
Skills : Microsoft Office; highly skilled Excel, Lotus Notes, Outbook, Oracle JD Edwards and Hyperion, NetSuite OneWorld, Paragon, Citrix OpenLink,Webtop.
- Analyzed and reported on the financial activity for two health plans with a combined net income of approximately $86M, including actual-to-budget variance analysis, monthly forecasts, and the annual operating budget.
- Provided trend analysis, ad-hoc data mining and financial analyses, narratives for month-end close and correcting journal entries.
- Organized and facilitated cross-functional solutions to complex conversion, billing and eligibility issues for multiple mid-size employer groups, and reported findings to senior management.
- These initiatives resulted in a 33% reduction in accounts receivables in approximately nine months.
- Established key relationships across the regions to successfully manage receivables averaging $7M/month.
- Relationships spanned all levels of staff and senior management.
- Designed and enhanced monthly analytical reports of revenue and membership based on product and line of business as well as on a consolidated basis and provided input to Accounting for month-end close.
- Functioned as the liaison for three successful Department of Insurance audits, synchronized efforts with management, accounting, and auditors.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Executive Resume
Objective : Responsible for Developing and maintaining complex Access databases used to create detailed month-end excel workbooks displaying 6, 12 and 24 month trends on a variety of healthcare-related statistics including gross patient service revenue, payments by payer, patient registrations, net revenue, aging balance by payer, AR>90, denials, rejections, clean claim rate, etc.
Skills : SAP, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Oracle Reporting, Magnitude Reporting, Excel, Microsoft Office.
- Provided all annual operational budgets for the network; worked as a team with each facility to analyze previous years' data and develop a reasonable operational plan.
- Prepared monthly accruals of inbound and outbound freight expenses; analyzed freight expenses as a percent of purchases and sales respectively.
- Developed an easier method of preparing the accrual that eliminated waste as well as increased the accuracy of the accrual.
- Prepared and managed monthly freight expenses for the network; analyzed the freight trends and charted the actuals to budgets for monthly staff meetings.
- Facilitated a Kaizen event on standardization of the Daily Productivity Reporting (DPR) system for the PDCs.
- Streamlined reporting and captured uniform data for analysis as well as reduced errors and increased efficiencies.
- Assisted with the financial aspect of the relocation through expense tracking and capital expenditures.
B.A. In Business
Sr. Financial Analyst Resume
Summary : Finance Manager with 11 year of experience in the office products wholesale distribution industry. I have had a steadily growing area of responsibility in my position ranging from performing financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting to project modeling and report automation.
Skills : Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Hyperion, SAP.
- Managed accruals and journal entries for the Office Supply business unit which comprises $3.71 Billion in sales annually across 30 facilities.
- Developed an annual capital plan by working closely with General Operations Managers to understand capital needs, and the related benefits, for each facility.
- Created MS Access and MS Excel tools used in month-end reporting and budgeting for the Office Supply business unit.
- Performed monthly variance analysis on the operating costs of the Office Supply business unit compared to budget, prior year, and forecast.
- Participated in the annual operating budgeting creation and quarterly re-forecasting for the Office Supply business unit.
- Maintained the reporting database to provide any financial or ad-hoc reporting that was needed by General Operations Managers or Finance Managers.
- Led implementation of SAP financial reporting of the Office Supply business unit, including integration into the various analysis processes.
- Performed modeling of the economic impact for proposed sales contracts for numerous customers, analyzing various KPI's including ROI and IRR as well as the top-line impact.
MBA In Finance