Day Habilitation Specialist Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging position within a progressive organization where have the ability to utilize education skills, work experience and with opportunities for growth and advancement.
Skills : Excel, Computer Skills.
- Worked as a day habilitation specialist one-on-one providing direct support to clients in the community.
- Helped clients with budgeting shopping and accessing needed resources.
- Helped develop individualized day habilitation plans.
- Used good behavior management and crisis intervention strategies when needed.
- Supervised and monitored developmentally disabled adults in the community and ensured their safety.
- Provided transportation to clients to destinations of their choice within the community.
- Provide customer service to consumers and families Make home visits, or visits to other service providers, to facilitate effective services planning and implementation services.
Sr. Day Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : To find employment with a professional company, that offers a good learning experience, loyalty to its employees, room for advancement, a professional and friendly working atmosphere where utilize previous experience, and people skills to conduct effective/efficient customer service.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Assistive Technology, Windows And Windows XP, Spanish, American Sign Language.
- Provided habilitation services to adults with developmental disabilities in an assigned program.
- Assisted individuals to reach his or her valued outcome that has been identified in the Individualized Service Plan (IPS) through teaching skill and/or helping the person by providing support and exploration of new experiences.
- Provided required safeguards and guides participants with opportunities to make informed choices such as monthly planning sessions to develop a calendar for each month, exposing participants to new activities or events to promote further choices.
- Monitored break in lunch including providing assistance with eating and/or follow feeding protocols Provided positive and respectful manner with others.
- Interacted in a positive and respectful manner with others and self while maintaining a safe environment for individuals.
- Carried out services and activities to promote acquisition or retention in the following skill areas: basic safety skills, housekeeping skills, personal care skills, healthcare skills, money management skills, and social skills.
- Planned activities and services which included inclusion and integration in a large community.
Jr. Day Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain a position where can effectively utilize expertise in human services and training while allowing room for growth and advancement. Day Program Support Specialist is responsible for the completion of projects that support operations of the Day Habilitation Department.
Skills : Developmental Disabilities, Microsoft Word.
- Implements habilitation treatment plans for individuals whom are mentally challenged and developmentally disabled attending day habilitation program.
- Assists each individual in skill development in areas such as independent living, adaptive behaviors, socialization, recreation and activities of daily living.
- Supervises individuals in the community, using various experiences to reinforce skills being taught in group sessions while ensuring their safety.
- Leads group sessions with individuals and facilitates the discussions to provide learning skills to be used in their community.
- Provides annual and semi-annual progress reports regarding valued outcomes.
- Assesses the needs of lower functioning and/or non-verbal individuals through observations and evaluations; their valued outcomes will be developed and addressed.
- Provides input and ensures compliance with the valued outcomes in the ISP and Day Habilitation Plan.
- Provides weekly documentation of outcomes being worked towards with each individual in accordance with his/her Day Habilitation Plan.
B.S. In Human Services
Day Habilitation Specialist III Resume
Summary : Successfully completed an intensive hemodialysis training program with hands-on clinical experience. Proven track record of individual successes across diverse industry segments, and the ability to establish rapport with both patients and co-workers, has led to many personal and professional achievements.
Skills : AMAP Certified , SKIP Trained.
- Supervises Classroom as the lead staff with 4 or more behaviorally challenged individuals to ensure all treatment plans were carried out daily.
- Provides one to one coverage for behaviorally challenged individuals.
- Participates in Community Inclusion activities based on client needs.
- Reviews Monthly progress of all goals according to the Day Habilitation Plan and Individual Service Plan (IRA).
- Ensures all Monthly Outcomes are incorporated to meet each individuals Medicaid billing requirements.
- Make recommendations to the Interdisciplinary Clinical Team, Psychologist, and Social Workers regarding ongoing programmatic needs.
- Participates in all annual and semi- annual treatment meetings with individuals circle support to review treatment plans and make changes as needed.
Day Habilitation Specialist II Resume
Summary : To find employment with a professional company, that offers a good learning experience, loyalty to its employees, room for advancement, a professional and friendly working atmosphere. Several years' experience in rendering customer service across several industries including my own self employment.
Skills : Computer Proficiency, Customer Service, Phones, Child/Elderly Care.
- Creating a schedule of planned events for the week.
- Assisting clients while engaged in volunteer work/activities.
- Maintaining a calm and safe/appropriate environment for clients as well as all others in the community.
- Maintaining a clean/organized/safe vehicle for transport of clients.
- Abiding by all company/state regulated standards of safety while driving and while actively out in the community.
- Responsible for making sure all log/billing paperwork is completed and handed in monthly.
- Accurately assessed the immediate and continuing needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and established priorities for providing appropriate interventions based on acuity level.
- Acquired knowledge and training in SKIPP and OMRDD regulations.
Certification In Floriculture
Day Habilitation Specialist I Resume
Headline : To secure a challenging career with increasing responsibility, personal growth and professional achievement with room for advancement. Ensure required documentation is completed accurately and thoroughly by assigned Direct Support Professionals.
Skills : First Aid, CPR, Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer And Power Point.
- Assist individuals with learning basic life tasks in a classroom setting.
- Community outreach work to do functional tasks, recreational activities and volunteer work.
- Helping individuals on interacting with society and their peers.
- Working with team to create fundamental assignments for individuals.
- Improving their skills and building their strengths.
- Certified to administer medication to the individuals.
- Attend team up-trainings and individuals ISP meetings.
- Helping identify targeted goals and give guidance to support the short and long term goals of the team and our individuals.
Day Habilitation Specialist I Resume
Summary : Worked for five years as a lead preschool teacher and am passionate about children and their educational and emotional needs. Support and encourage individuals in meeting their rehabilitation goals through the implementation of support strategies in Day Habilitation service plans.
Skills : Excel, Word, Typing, Communication Skills, Fast Learner.
- Observes and supervises consumer's activities.
- Maintains records, consumer files and prepares reports on services provided.
- Assists with medications as required.
- Transporting consumers in the community, and documentation of progress.
- Promote each consumer's freedom of choice and independence.
- Communicating directly with consumers and their families to assess needs and coordinate individual consumer services.
- Provide personal care assistance, physical assistance and emergency interventions as needed.
BA In Psychology
Day Habilitation Specialist/Analyst Resume
Objective : Hard-working and dynamic individual with strong interpersonal communication skills who demonstrates excellent professionalism when working with colleagues and customers.
Skills : Child care, customer service, proficient in microsoft office, excellent communication and ability to relate well to children.
- Managed a room of 6 adults with developmental disabilities on a daily basis.
- Assisted clients with daily living activities.
- Attended to the client's personal and health care needs.
- Kept detailed documentation for each client and reported to administrator.
- Monitored and assisted clients during arts and crafts, games and other creative activities.
- Fed clients who needed assistance during lunch.
- Attended SCIP course to learn strategies for crisis intervention and prevention.
Day Habilitation Specialist/Executive Resume
Summary : Service focused, with a strong commitment to serving the needs of disadvantaged individuals, which include the Homeless. Proficient organizational planning with documentation, supervisory, and leadership skills. Skilled in building community support, key coalitions, and strategic inter-agency partnerships.
Skills : Dog training, Animal Handling, Disease/Blood Born Pathogen Certified, Baking/ Baked Goods Decoration, Floriculture.
- Working help coordinate activities with staff.
- participate in activities with staff and assist individual's activities.
- Prepare and serve lunches, assist individuals with eating.
- Assist individuals with toileting and bathing, dressing.
- Document on the individual's daily activities.
- Picking and dropping individuals to and from the program.
- Planning and providing therapeutic and educational activities in a community setting.
Day Habilitation Specialist Resume
Summary : Over 7 years of progressive experience in the leadership of multi-sided community and school-based programs outreach, Educational and vocational programs, and residential services Strong interpersonal customer service, client relations, leadership, writing, supervisory, multi-tasking, time and workflow management skills.
Skills : Types 45 wpm, MS Word.
- Assisted Consumers that have mental illnesses and behavior problems.
- Administered medication to Consumers as scheduled.
- Provided transportation for consumers to and from programs.
- Maintained a clean, safe, and positive living environment.
- Assisted Consumers with daily hygiene and everyday skills.
- Resolved conflicts with Consumers by allowing them to express their feelings.
- Documented consumer activities, Incidents and cash spent.