Information Security Manager Resume
Summary : Information Security & Risk Management Leader with global program management experience of around 17+ years, with exposure across sectors like Telecom, Banking & Financial Shared Services, IT & ITeS, Outsourcing Industry, Consulting and Health Care domain.
Skills : IT Specialist, IT Analyst, Information Manager.
- Managed an office of 20 personnel while ensuring communications were maintained and ensuring that all qualifications and training were met.
- Provided written evaluation on all personnel twice yearly and held morning meetings prior to shift commencement.
- Served as the acting supervisor, providing technical and administrative supervision to employees.
- Developed staffing needs based on current operations during any given time.
- Provided recruitment information to junior personnel regarding their military career.
- Identified and provided guidance for personnel to advance and reach sufficient levels of access to become a member of my job field.
- Communicated with personnel salary benefits of qualifications based on rank/promotion.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Information Security Manager Resume
Headline : Information Security Manager whose qualifications include a Masters degree in Computer, Information and Network security; CISSP, GCIH, CCNA and MCSE designations; and detailed knowledge of security tools, technologies and best practices.
Skills : Security Management, Military, Professional Presentations, Emergency Planning.
- Responsible for hiring, setting goals, evaluating team performance, and managing the group's budget.
- Reorganized team roles to promote staff development and align resources to company's priorities.
- Worked with a vendor to fine-tune policies which reduced false positives, resulting in a 95% detection accuracy rate.
- Spearheaded project to fortify endpoint security by installing application whitelisting that utilizes threat intelligence feeds (Bit 9) and network forensic analysis (Carbon Black) software.
- Worked with a vendor to rollout client software and to craft policies resulting in the discovery of more than 20 previously undetected malware incidents on endpoints.
- Created a Security Dashboard report for the executive management team to easily understand the current security posture.
Masters Of Science
Jr. Information Security Manager Resume
Objective : A visionary, detailed-oriented, and results-driven Information Security professional possessing extensive experience managing technical teams, executing initiatives and supporting operations.
Skills : Security Policy, Information Security Analyst.
- Responsible for information security and risk management of 21 locations throughout the United States.
- Managed and monitored the workload for contract security personnel to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Monitored key security controls within a business and technical processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and systems.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Information Security Policy and End User Security Policy.
- Implemented security awareness programs and ensured security awareness is embedded with the new hire process.
- Reviewed IT contracts to ensure objectives are met and additional risks are being addressed.
- Interviewed prospective employees for open positions within the department.
- Responsible for the identification, assessment, and mitigation of risks to the company.
Information Security Manager III Resume
Headline : Offering a strong professional background in IT combined with excellent operational experience in a myriad of IT fields. Consistently recognized for both technical proficiency and professionalism used to rapidly and cost-effectively resolve challenging issues.
Skills : CISM, CISSP, Security+ Certified, Unix, Linux, Windows, Nessus, SIEM, Digital Forensics, Security Assessments.
- Responsible for managing Infrastructure and Product security for more than 50 products across all of Markit's global services.
- Accountable for a small team of security practitioners with a wide range of responsibilities from policy development, security monitoring, and logging, penetration testing, and vendor security assessments.
- Formed and defined the information risk management strategy and security assessment practice which has become the de facto standard for Markit Globally.
- Raised security standards in application development teams which led to an 80% decrease in security findings and saving more than $80K in expenses, by discovering vulnerabilities prior to production implementations.
- Liaised with Development teams to identify and remediate key information security defects, which if undetected could have led to more than $30M in legal fees, penalties, & fines by clients and federal agencies.
- Developed and implemented new information security policies and standards which led to a 25% increase in successfully passed audits and compliance with various industry standards.
- Established and trained an internal security assessment team through a regimen of internal and external training leading to reducing dependency on vendor-led security assessments and recouping $200K in OPEX expenditures.
- Maintained a rigorous program for incident management and investigation of potential security breaches.
B.S. In Business
Information Security Manager II Resume
Summary : Dedicated Technology Manager with 15 years' experience in the Computer Science field. Highly adept in providing professional development integrating technology into existing IT infrastructure. Strong networking architectural and technical background.
Skills : E-discovery, Computer Forensics, Management, Regulatory Compliance.
- Led the transformation of the 6th District Information Security Department into a high performing organization including selection and acquisition of 15 highly skilled security professionals.
- Directed implementation of an information security development framework to ensure that team members build professional skills that will serve the Bank's information security needs of the future.
- Managed within +/- 1% the $3M Information Security budget.
- Build a culture of performance for a team of 15 engineers and specialists to deliver customer service excellence, maximize operational effectiveness and meet business objectives.
- Consulted with Bank officers, business leaders, and staff to deliver strategic and tactical insights into risk; providing security insight, creative security solutions and expert advice on information security matters.
- Provided leadership to the Federal Reserve System (FRS) information security groups thorough an understanding of business and security drivers to form and communicate strategic priorities.
- Served in leadership roles to help guide workgroups in security management, incident response, vulnerability assessment, patch verification, SharePoint security and Directory Services normalization.
- Elected by peers to co-chair the FRS Information Security Manager Group to deliver tactical and strategic solutions and expert advice to the FRS Information Security Group.
Information Security Manager I Resume
Headline : An Information Security, Internal Controls & IT Compliance Director with extensive experience in the establishment of a proper Information Security & Internal Controls program.
Skills : Information Security, Project Management, Identity And Access Management, Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- Led successful information security projects in the Banking, Finance and Healthcare sectors.
- Managed projects in GRC, Identity Management, and Access Control.
- Applied leadership, project management, and dedication to deliver consistent project success.
- Identified project pain-points, eliminating roadblocks and consistently delivering value to clients.
- Assisted clients in effective and thorough planning and in laying the groundwork for successful project execution.
- Focused teams on delivering maximum value to clients and ensuring exceptional project performance.
- Eliminated inefficient processes and advocate for streamlined delivery methods.
Bachelor Of Science
Information Security Manager/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Experienced and accomplished leader and manager of personnel and equipment with over twenty years of proficiency looking to leverage extensive background in people management, task management, departmental organization, mass communication skills and training into an entry-level position.
Skills : Management, Information Security.
- Supervised a data/communications team of 15 employees for customer service for over 1,000 computer systems and related data entry equipment.
- Solved problems and tracked the progress of trouble tickets for all computers, routers, switches and hubs associated with the them.
- Managed and tracked phase-in of over 1,000 new laptops and re-imaged older models.
- Served as the primary liaison within the command to higher authorities such as the NSA, FBI, and Base Military Police.
- Operated and instructed multiple personnel on the use of the Secure Telephone application systems.
- Implemented policy change to more efficiently track employees in the JPAS system -Supervised the Secured Internet Protocol Routing(SIPR).
- Trained over 1,000 employees in regards to communications security (COMSEC) procedures and protocols.
Information Security Manager/Consultant Resume
Summary : IT Professional with experience related to the CISSP domains. 15 years of accounting, bookkeeping, taxes and payroll experience. Law, Investigation and Ethics.
Skills : SQL, Jd Edwards, Information Security, Data Analysis.
- Responsible for all IT security issues from an enterprise perspective including standards development and deployment, projects, operations, and compliance.
- Managed the Information Security, Enterprise Operations and SAP Security teams.
- Responsible for global operations including network, e-mail, and SAP.
- Developed IT Security strategy and policies.
- Managed IT efforts related to internal, external and third-party audits.
- Implemented and led a comprehensive change management process.
- Managed and supported network and SAP user security administration services and internal controls globally.
- Led and managed the support of standard software delivery tool SMS.
B.S. In Business
Lead Information Security Manager Resume
Summary : Driven, innovative, and highly skilled IT manager credited with combining strategic planning experience, technical knowledge, and team leadership expertise to guide global organizations toward optimal IT operational efficiency.
Skills : Business Continuity, Change Management, Information Management, Personnel Management.
- Worked with IT leadership to review and revise Enterprise Information Security Policies.
- Assigned management and staff to develop and implement appropriate standards, guidelines and processes to ensure compliance with Enterprise Information Security Policies.
- Assessed information technology control elements to mitigate IS/IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
- Served as the leader for the development, implementation and on-going operations of a coordinated information security event and incident management functions.
- Worked with Internal Audit and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Ensured the development, documentation, and presentation of IS/IT security, education, awareness, and training for management, IS/IT personnel and users.
- Monitored security trends, laws, regulations and communicate security-related issues and activities that may affect the organization.
Information Security Manager Resume
Headline : Seasoned and results-driven Information and IT Security Professional seeks a long-term, high-impact leadership role that compliments and expands IT and security proficiencies.
Skills : Linux, Perl, CGI.
- Responsible for developing the Information Security Framework for an integrated delivery network.
- Responsible for developing the technical roadmap for Information Security, a 3-year plan identifying corporate risks, capital expenditures, and necessary remediation.
- Developed Security Configuration baselines, Developed ongoing reporting and vulnerability management against configuration baselines.
- Developed or updated enterprise HIPAA Security Policies, Developed Information Services corporate Policy & Procedure Governance; Developed PCI Compliance Roadmap.
- Integrated Account Provisioning Team under Information Security, expanded responsibilities into role-based development and access audits.
- Sponsored Information Systems technical team projects to support modern best practices.
- Responsible for developing a security awareness program, interacting with departments and educating on the need for IS security at all levels within the organization.