Linux System administrator Resume
Objective : Seeking a position to utilize my skills and abilities and achieve professional growth while being resourceful and innovative.
Skills : Microsoft Office, RHEL 5,6, Centos 6, VMWARE, HP Open View, Network Troubleshooting.
- Oversee IT infrastructure and respond to urgent technical issues.
- Monitor and report server issues as well as perform Desktop and server upgrades.
- Maintain and update software as needed in Windows 7, Linux and Mac OS.
- Respond to all incoming contacts (phone/email/online/ in-person) in regards to a multitude of technical issues.
- Document technical incident/request specifics in the Incident Management System.
- Resolve technical incidents through the use of experience, available documentation, and tools.
- Create documentation for resolutions of technical incidents.
Sr. Linux System Administrator Resume
Summary : Working as a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator for about 3 years now. Offered a position as a Linux Systems Administrator at the institute that I graduated from (Trinitech Consulting). I worked on site at Trinitech Cosulting for about 2 years, and then moved to California a year and the half ago and working remotely until I got a new position with my current employer, Vubiquity, Inc.
Skills : Linux, Monitoring, Bash, Git, Salt, System Administration, DevOps, Scripting, Chef, Python.
- Monitoring log in Linux servers, including processes, crash and swap management, with password recovery and performance tuning.
- Set up, configure and trouble shoot TCP/IP, DHCP, Default Gateway DNS; FTP, Firewall SSH, IPTables, UDP, Samba, NFS and CIFS, in a multiplatform LAN.
- Install and configure a Samba server on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux, and CentOS and mapping to the Windows 08 server.
- Managing processes using the ps command, Local Disks and Devices (Installing, partitioning, formatting, and provision a disk in UNIX).
- Experience in vi System Hardening (Maintaining and monitoring systems, disable vulnerability services, restrict user access, setup a password aging policy).
- User and Security Management in Linux/UNIX (Change permission, create, modify, delete groups and user accounts in UNIX and Linux).
- Perform multiplatform volume management using NAS; install and configure a LAN wide NAS (FreeNAS) used to create LUNs and attaching to Windows 2008 servers and to Solaris 10 using ISCSI.
Certification In Process
Jr. Linux System Administrator Resume
Objective : Over 9+ years of experience as a Unix System Engineer / Administrator and Experience in System Administration, Server builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble Shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux, SuSe, Solaris, AIX, CentOS and Ubuntu platforms. Installation and configuration of Oracle RAC 11g on RedHat and AIX cluster nodes.
Skills : A good team player Good interpersonal communication Drive to get things done.
- Installed and configured of Solaris and Linux servers using JUMPSTART and KICKSTART installation and periodic Patch Upgrading using live upgrade.
- Troubleshooting hardware and replacement of failed components running on LINUX environment, Performance tuning activities like allocation and monitoring of disk space using Disk Quota system.
- Installed and administered DNS, NIS, NIS+, NFS, and Sendmail for centralization and firewall setup with iptables on Solaris and Red Hat.
- Performed many activities from the change/problem management systems.
- Performance monitoring of servers using top, sar, iostat, vmstat.
- Provided highly available data services to users using Solaris volume manager (SVM) and Logical volume manager (LVM).
- Created and maintained user accounts and print queues, installed tools/compilers including GNU required by the environment and maintained their licenses.
- Resolved config issues and problems regarding NFS mounts, NIS maps, user ids, rpminstalls, driver installs.
Bachelor Of Science
Linux System Administrator III Resume
Summary : Smart and articulate Cloud and System Administrator with over 2 years of cognate experience in AWS, 5 years in different distros of Linux OS. Experience in Application Database, Virtualization, Data Management and Customer Service delivery.
Skills : Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Linux.
- Managing system processes and scheduling processes with the cron utility.
- Configuring the services for sharing the resources from UNIX such as remote login through TELNET, FTP.
- Checking alert logs, trace files and file System maintenance.
- Day-to-day functional administration tasks, as well as application-specific technical support Providing 24x7 enterprise hardware and software support in development, validation and production environments User management, Creating and managing user account, groups and access levels.
- Controlling the System Logging services, and examining system Log Files of all system events.
- Worked with application/database team to provide support for migration RHEL5 to RHEL6 Experience with remedy ticketing system.
- Performed software troubleshooting and resolved NFS, and TCP/IP network issues Setup and deployed NetBackup policies Troubleshoot network connectivity issues Build, configure, deploy and optimize LAMP stack Disk configuration & Managing File Systems.
Linux System Administrator II Resume
Objective : IT Professional with over 8 years of experience as a RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris 8/9/10 SLES 10/11 & UNIX IBM AIX 7.x Power7, 6 platforms System Administrator/Engineer as well as worked as DevOps Engineer. Experience working on planning, installation, migration, upgrade of OS (AIX, Linux), as well as deployment and Production Support. Expertise in System administration, System planning, co-ordination, commissioning, setting up security hierarchy and capacity planning.
Skills : Devops, Jenkins.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi and created, managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management VMware ESX 3.X and Virtual Center and vMotion.
- Installed, configured and monitored VERITAS Cluster server, creating service groups adding resources and enabling features.
- Experience in DNS, NFS, NIS, LDAP, Samba, remote access security management and troubleshooting in Red Hat Linux.
- Installation, tuning and troubleshoot in various application servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Performed system-monitoring tune up kernel parameter, adding/removing hosts, users and disks on DNS/NIS domain.
- Administered and created new users, groups and secured access and restrictions to files and directories.
Linux System Administrator I Resume
Objective : 6 Years of experience as Linux/UNIX system administrator on Red Hat EL 5.x, 6.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x, 5x, Solaris 8,9, 10 and VMware ESXi environment. Extensive experience with RAID using Volume Management Software like Logical Volume Manager, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager. Operating Systems Installation, packages and Patches, adding peripherals, maintaining user accounts, System Security maintenance, backup/recovery, performance tuning, troubleshooting at various levels etc.
Skills : Linux System Administration.
- Experienced in managing, supporting, troubleshooting, securing Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers for large enterprise network 1000 + users.
- Worked on Solaris 10 container technology, created local and global zones, modified local zone parameters, created file systems on local and global zones.
- Applied OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Installation, configuration and administration on RedHat Cluster Server, Service Guard.
- Configured new service group & resources for new application in High Availability environment.
- Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing LVM, and RAID Technologies using various tools like Veritas volume manager, Solaris volume manager.
- Provided User management and support, User permissions and SElinux.
- Installing, configuring Tivoli Storage Manager and Veritas NetBackup 6.5 on Solaris, Red hat servers, creating policies, scheduling jobs.
B.S In Biology
Linux System Administrator/Programmer Resume
Objective : Seasoned systems administrator with more than four years of experience in fast paced Unix/Linux environments and expertise in several flavors of Linux including Red Hat, CentOs and Ubuntu. Excellent installation, configuration, maintenance and system's users administration skills. Track record of achieving exceptional results in working technicians from various engineering disciplines to trouble shoot complex system-level issues and working with organizational and technical Linux (RHEL/CentOs 6/7).
Skills : Linux Administration, Lotus Notes Domino Client and Server, Docker.
- Build, installed, configured Red Hat Linux servers in a data center environment.
- Implement advance disk configuration such RAID 5 using Linux Software RAID program Install new servers using kick-start installation & configuration method.
- Monitoring of web servers using nagios monitoring tool.
- Implementation of package management, FHS systems and LVM management.
- Administered local and remotely servers on daily basis providing weekly status reports to management Supporting data management through on-site & off-site storage and retrieval service.
- Installation and configuration of puppet, and nagios monitoring tool.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems, interface with vendor technical support to resolve problems and work with other technical staff on supporting their needs.
- Respond to security alerts with risk evaluation and monitoring /report on unauthorized access attempts.
BSc In Actuarial Science
Linux System Administrator/Specialist Resume
Summary : Over 7+ Years of experience in Installation, administration, implementation, testing and maintenance of complex and heterogeneous networks consisting of Linux (Red Hat), Sun Solaris 8/9/10, IBM AIX, SuSE, Windows NT. Worked on Redhat Linux / AIX, Unix Administration for Mission Critical and Enterprise applications. Extensively worked on Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Samba, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and Jboss servers in Linux environment.
Skills : Windows, Active Directory, MySQL, Linux, Microsoft.
- Extensively worked on User Administration, management and archiving.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration and upgrade of Red Hat Linux (2, 3, 4, 5), SUSE, Solaris and HP-UX Operating Systems.
- Installed Redhat EL using Kickstart/PXE and SuSe Professional desktop 10x.
- Configured NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, Auto Mount & Disk Space Management on Linux SUN Servers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Installed and Configured LAMP Server (Linux Redhat, CentOS, Apache, Jboss, MySQL Oracle, PHP Perl).
- Installed and Configured both Kickstart and Jumpstart Servers for the Infrastructure Server Deployments Involved in Monthly security patches deployment on 200+ Linux test and production servers.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
Linux System Administrator/Engineer Resume
Summary : Around 8 years of specialized experience in System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on RedHat Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, CentOS 4.x/5.x/6.x, SUSE Linux 10 and Sun Solaris 8/9/10. Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes. Experienced in kick-start installations, support, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Linux, CentOS and SUSE Linux.
Skills : Microsoft, Power point.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux operating systems.
- Software package and patch administration, involving adding and removing software packages and updating patches.Extensively Supported 24/7 high availability of production servers.
- Setup Environment for kickstart installation environment to automate the Linux installation process with pxe boot.
- Configuration and Administration of DNS, NIS, NIS+, NFS, sendMail.
- Installation, configuration and remediation of various Security software Experience and Familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix Xen Server/openstack.
- Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Installation and configuration of Netscape and Apache web server and Samba Server.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID.
Asst. Linux System Administrator Resume
Summary : 7+ years of extensive experience in the IT industry with years of expertise in Splunk, Linux/UNIX, PLSQL, SQL DBA. Monitoring, Data Analytics performance tuning Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Data Base. Around 3 years of experience as Splunk Admin/Developer, performed activities including requirement analysis, design and implementations of various client server based applications using Splunk 5.
Skills : Splunk 6.2, Splunk 6.1.3,Splunk On Splunk, Splunk Enterprise,.
- Worked as Unix Administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives.
- Administered a heterogeneous environment comprising MS Windows 2003 Server, Red Hat Linux and AIX.
- Administration involved installation, configuration, evaluation, implementation and support of strategic Business systems in a heterogeneous environment.
- Handling HP and IBM servers running on SuSe, Red hat.
- Handling day to day administration jobs in SuSe Linux and Red hat Linux.
- Installed OS using automatic installation using Autoyast and Kick start.
- Setup LDAP Client services on Linux Servers.
Bachelor Of Technology
Linux System Administrator/Analyst Resume
Summary : 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM) Extensive experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, and support and troubleshooting.
Skills : Operating System Linux, VMware ESX Protocols.
- Implemented the Jumpstartin Solaris servers and Kickstartin Linux Servers to automate the server builds for multiple profiles.
- Implemented and administrated of virtualization on Solaris 10 with zones and created containers using FSS.
- Installed software and patches(yum, yast)-- Disk installation and maintenance - modify vfstab file for automatic mounting while booting, format disk and restoration of UNIX files and file systems Implemented file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Performed systems log management, Data backup and restoration with UNIX native tools (tar/dd).
- Monitored client disk quotas & disk space usage.
- Set up mount points on Solaris servers for Oracle database and installed MySQL server.
- Performed data management using native Solaris utilities for archiving and compression.
Linux System Administrator Resume
Headline : Skilled IT professional with 5 years experience providing critical Systems Administration solutions. Certified Redhat System Admin V6/7 RHCSA Use VMWare ESXi Server and VMWare VSphere for virtualization LVM management, LUN, NFS, iSCSI, SAN, CIFs, veritas volume management DNS management AIX volume management Background experience involves working with technical teams and clients to structure secure and maintain IT environments.
Skills : LINUX, UNIX, HPUX, Qlik, VMware, Hardware.
- Involved in installing OS, software, monitor performance, applying patches and troubleshooting alerts.
- Performed troubleshooting on the servers in rescue fc14 and fc6 environment and worked with reinstalling the servers.
- Investigate on network or system outage on multiple sites and provide valuable information in the ticketing system with the resolution.
- Supported in virtualization VMware ESX and ESXi hypervisors, and vSphere and vCenter Server.
- Performed Cold, Suspended and Storage vMotion migration between servers.
- Performed troubleshooting with network tools like ping, netstat, traceroute, mtr, nslookup, etc.
- Worked with hardware alerting /monitoring system and troubleshoot the faulty hardware in NOC and remotely utilizing the remote hand service.
- Worked with JBODs and supported in replacing and recovery process on varies sites.