If helping people is running in your blood, and you don’t mind spending a few years of rigorous study, then a Career in the Medical line beckons to you. Medical studies and training are a lengthy process, but on the other hand, it is worth putting the effort, as this career offers plenty of wide-spread opportunities to those who want not only a rewarding career but also a fulfilling one! Central determinants for success in this domain include a caring and empathetic nature, loads of dedication, the ability to assimilate and apply knowledge and practical skills under pressurizing situations and the thrive to stay abreast of key technological changes, advances, and changing guidelines. Examples include – General Physician, or specialties like psychiatry, surgery, academic medicine, respiratory medicine, or pediatrics to name a few. In our following Medical Career Resources article, we have offered the key stages of medical training required, required education, salaries, and first-hand accounts of what one can expect in the US and Europe.
Detailed Guide on Medical Career Resources
Table of Contents
- 1. Resource for Medical Career
- 2. Medical Associations & Organizations
- 2. Digital Resources
- 4. Medical Resume Samples
What is a Medical Job Like?
The Healthcare industry is an ever-thriving field that offers some of the best career opportunities. A Medical Career offers a varied, lucrative, and fulfilling career path to all those who are scientifically inclined. As the entry-level jobs are very competitive and tough, medical degree graduates are advised to undergo fierce and training phases that involve unsociable hours to be a tough competitor among their peer group. Care of duty, dedication, and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge into practicality are certain prerequisites associated with a Medical Career. There are wide-spread career paths for those graduating in medicine, among the more than 100 subspecialties. And again, there are diverse career roles that can match the interests of those who have a specialization in Medicine.
From the easiest of medical jobs to the most-toughest one, there are a plethora of job opportunities for Medical Professionals. The job duties and description for each of the job titles vary based on the educational background, specialization, and the training undertaken by the job seekers. While a specialized surgeon handles the toughest of surgeries, a certified lab technician will assist the Medical professionals by running various tests and diagnosing the medical issues. Apart from making money, there are many other good reasons to consider working in the medical industry.
Resources for Medical Career
Medical Career Path
What kind of future looks appealing to you? Do you like to face Challenges? Do you care deeply for others? Interested in solving the health issues of other people? Do you have good listening skills and are empathetic? Are you intrusive about how the body works? Are you carried away by the way medical technologies are improvising our lives? If the answer to all these questions is “Yes”, then chances are that you are the right personality to make it to the Medical World. Well, this being said, it is also important to note that, pursuing a career in the Medical sector, mainly as a Doctor is quite a long, tough, and intense journey. But again, a major plus in this field is that this career is an opening or small window that leads to a vast number of careers within the medical sector.
All set and you want to embark on your career in the field of Medicine or Healthcare, then the following job titles listed below are something to be browsed for. This is only a small category of various roles that Medical Aspirants may consider for their Medical Career. Listed below are some of the positions or job titles that the industry offers –
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Radiologic Technologist
- Physical Therapist
- Dental Hygienist
- Health Information Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Family Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
- Physician Assistant
- Veterinary Technologist
- Psychiatric Aide
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker
- Massage Therapist
- Dispensing Optician
- Nursing Assistant & Orderlies
- Medical Equipment Preparer
- MRI Technologist
These are only a few among the various job titles available within the medical and healthcare industry that one can consider for making a career in the Medical Sector.
Medical Jobs and Career
A Career in Medicine or a Medical Job can be very rewarding, and appealing because –
- It is a highly respected profession
- You get an opportunity to change the life of people by helping them alleviate their suffering, pain, and disease
- There are plenty of career choices you can opt for – there are more than 70 specialties and there are high opportunities for those interested in research, management, and teaching as well
- You can deal with real-life practicalities and intellectual challenges
- You can earn a reasonable salary on graduation, and this increases tremendously with experience
- Medical Professionals are always in constant demand
Professionals in this line make more money than any other ones from the other profession. Once in this line, you can make an ever-lasting impact on the community you are into. Depending on your educational background, capabilities, motivation, and line of interest, you can pick any of the jobs and choose the right medicine study. While some Doctors are specific and concentrate on a particular body type, others may specialize in Clientele.
In this article, you can find all the Medical Career Resources, from various options to salary and job prospects. For you understanding and to know how to make a career in the Medical field, stroll through the following sites and get a better insight –
- Thebestschools.org – Investigate the site to know about Medical Careers, pick your specialized area of medicine, and get a complete picture of the education needed to attain that position.
- Students-residents.aamc.org – Explore this site to know about various medical career options that can best fit your needs.
- Learnhowtobecome.org – The site mentions about how to work in the healthcare and medicine sector. Navigate the page to know every discipline details and the best medical schools that offer the education.
- Aafp.org – what to know if a Medicine career is best for you? Visit AAFP to clear your doubts.
- Study.com – Visit the Site to know how to become a doctor, explore the site to know about needed education. Also, find out the job description associated with each job title and the process to start your career.
- Topmedicalassistantschools.com – The website lists the top 50 health care jobs, the salary one can expect, and suggested education to make a career in that line.
- Acponline.org – If Internal medicine interests you. Then navigate this page to plan and make a career in internal medicine.
People choose a Study in Medicine due to several reasons, ranging from personal calling to long-term commitment and more. Due to the increasing elderly population, and the lifestyle of people there is a demand for healthcare and medical professionals. The medical and healthcare sector encompasses a huge range of rewarding careers. The industry seeks qualified professionals for a variety of healthcare and medical job titles. Most of these careers require a degree or certification. Many of the healthcare and Medical careers necessitate people to possess a valid licensure program and course training. Most of the careers in health and medical technology require specific certifications.
However, the point now is to stay aware of and gain knowledge on where to study and what to study to tap the provided Medical Career Resources. According to the latest survey, every year more than 40,000 students apply for 20,000 places at medical schools in the U.S. A degree in Medicine in many countries starts at the postgraduate level, so one has to complete their Bachelor’s degree initially to gain eligibility to apply at the Medical Schools. If you are interested in a Career in Medicine, keep on reading this article. We’ll give you Medicine Career Resources and what you have to study during medical courses, and other reasons that can make your career path an extremely rewarding one!
This section provides reliable, pertinent information and about all other details needed for you to make a career in the Medical line. We have mentioned over here, detailed career information such as educational courses online, training, employment outlook, and much more. Once you have investigated our Medical Career Resource page, we encourage you to read our website’s exclusive career guide that contains details on job options, tips to write a resume, and many such more relevant areas.
These links below will take you directly to information about various federal programs, educational institute sites, and other online programs. You can also find out which University is veteran-friendly and which is good for novices as well for you to make a career in the Medical line –
- Arnothealth.org – From graduation to certification programs, Arnot offers plenty of information about educational opportunities one needs to make a career in healthcare.
- Nhanow.com – Want to become a CCMA, then learn it at the best place. Most of the top valued member of a healthcare team consists of CCMA with NHA.
- Meditec.com – This is an online healthcare training program that trains students towards a promising career in the healthcare information management field.
- Pmi.edu – PMI can provide a pathway to a rewarding career in healthcare. From certificate programs to online degrees, students can get assistance in choosing the right course.
- Straighterline.com – Want to prepare for a career in Medicine, then use this website and be assured to reach your destination easily. The Website provides information about various healthcare sectors one can consider.
- Bestmedicaldegrees.com – The website mentions the top 25 fastest online medical degrees. This is an online guide to attain top medical programs.
- Ed2go.com – The Website mentions and covers the most popular courses and medical courses and advanced career training needed to excel in the Medical Career.
- Scitraining.com – Stratford CareerInstitute is a privately owned correspondence school that offers at-home vocational training programs to students in North America. It offers delivery of quality at-home career training.
Medical Career Development Resources
Considering a Medical Career? Well, we have provided some Medical Career Resources list below. There are plenty of Medical Career Links that can connect you directly to sites that encompasses a wide range of job titles and specializations. And again, the speedily increasing and aging population needs skilled professionals almost in all areas of the medical field. Medical Science refers to and encompasses a large group of disciplines about healthcare and medical services to humans and animals through the application of Medical science, mathematics, technology, and engineering. It is an industry where the extracted knowledge from pure science and related sources is applied to clinical practices to maintain and enhance the life of living beings.
All the branches of medical science are virtually endless, straddling traditional and conventional medicine as well as folk and alternative medicine. In other words, we can say it eventually a spiritual-based healing process. The day-to-day roles and responsibilities of the medical professionals in this occupation vary significantly but require universally common skills such as strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
If you want to know more about the field and are passionate about continuous education, then this guide will be resourceful for you. We have listed some very best and helpful Medical Career Resources websites to build your career in the Medical sector–
- Medicine.tulane.edu – The site talks about career development for medical students. The page provides step-by-step information for an easy understanding of students.
- Jcesom.marshall.edu – The site concentrates on providing high-quality medical education and postgraduate training programs to foster a skilled workplace.
- Med.umn.edu – From events calendar to career development videos, one can attain all information needed for professional growth in the medical and healthcare sector.
- Aamc.org – Discover tactics, insights, and programs designed by and for academic medicine professionals.
Medical – Job Search Sources
Recruitment processes should match with the demands of the medical and healthcare industry, and this is the reason why job boards are a very great source for searching and hiring top-notch talent in the present world. Medical care has improved drastically and the future is expected to concentrate much on “Smarter Care” – from accuracy in diagnosis to treating diseases and making healthcare easily accessible to more patients. Likewise, job searching and recruitment is as well changing rapidly, demanding highly qualified medical professionals who can potentially adapt to advanced level hospital, private practice, and specialty group work culture.
As per the Association of American Medical Colleges – AAMC by the year 2030, the Nation is expected to witness a shortage of 1,00,000 Doctors and 62,000 non-primary Care specialists. However, with the help of some Medical Career Resources, specifically designed for job searches, this shortage can be brought down, as these job boards can connect the healthcare professionals with Potential Employers. Job boards are an excellent tool to know who is hiring, and where exactly to look for Medical Jobs? Even though this tool is accessible and ready with information, you should know how to use the perfect combination and search filters to gain optimum success in your job search. Medical Job boards are like number games, if you lack in investing some time and don’t apply the correct process, you end up having a very low response rate.
However, if you possess the right amount of education, training, and experience in the medical field, you are sure to get a lot of calls, replies, emails, and responses from top-notch Medical areas and specialties. As the job hunt process can be daunting and time-consuming, we have tried to make this process easy for you, and have come up with these top job boards and Medical Career Resources List for your reference. All these websites mention beyond job listings, and offer several useful career resources, tips, and articles for healthcare seekers –
- Healthecareers.com – this is not just a job board, but a perfect place to look out for – career resources, news coverage, and information for all types of the medical profession.
- Jamacareercenter.com – affiliated with JAMA, the career center focusses on a comprehensive guide designed mainly for active and passive job seekers.
- Medicaljobs.org – Not just a job source site, but the webpage details first-hand resource for healthcare professionals.
- Medjobcafe.com – This is one of the branded job sites that include a dedicated platform for nurses, dentists, biotech workers, and pharmaceutical professionals.
- Mommd.com – A dedicated site that connects women in medicine. This is a site that offers a variety of resources, aggregates opportunities from staffing and recruitment firms.
- Medzilla.com – One of the oldest sites that connect biotech, medical, pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals to employers.
Medical Associations & Organizations
Associations and Organizations for the Medical Sectors are framed to help the medical professionals and constitute a collection of medical professionals who work towards a common goal towards promoting, improving, and achieving the lifestyle and work culture of medical professionals. All these healthcare organizations bond together to advocate for their peers and strive to solve the triumphs and challenges among one other, and joining such associations provide members a competitive edge and keeps them informed about their relevant industry. Most of the medical professionals solely depend on such associations to know about new legislative rulings, important industry trends, and advances in medical technology.
From Medical Book Clubs to knowledgeable societies, the present-day Associations offer much to the digital health era. AMA recently released a digital health implementation playbook, stating that the Medical Organizations and Associations promote and guide the society towards various development paths that are needed to sustain in this competitive medical world. Initially, when the Medical Society of London was formed in 1773, the main aim was to invite and unite surgeons, physicians, and apothecaries to compare their findings and observations and share their thoughts and take note of discoveries. But gradually, the Main objectives of these associations took a new turn and the noble task of sharing thoughts and knowledge turned into an exchange of information by the 18th and 19th centuries.
And now, the original function of these associations has taken a new platform wherein discussions and sharing of knowledge has considerably widened, and the members are informed of what’s happening in the Medical World through all means of communication including newsletters, conferences, e-mails, and litigation groups that discuss and settles the dispute among the community members. At a macro-level, the members are informed about the newest and best practices.
As there are already terabytes of information available online, it may be difficult for even the smartest of internet savvy to reach the right destination, and we understand this concern and tough searching process. Thus, to help you in your navigation through this medical digital ocean, we have mentioned below the following Medical Career Useful Resources that provide you a complete data and information about some of the best associations that you can consider joining to improve your reputation and credibility in the Medical Field –
- Career.berkeley.edu – Explore everything you want to know about a wide range of health career options. A community that connects like-minded professionals
- Aamc.org – From how to access careers in medicine to advice and guidance from experts refer to this page.
- Ama-assn.org – Stay informed of what’s happening across the world by becoming a member of this community. Read top stories or know how to develop core skills(https://www.qwikresume.com/resources/how-to-write-skills-section-in-a-resume/) to excel in this field through this platform.
- Aaaai.org – AAAAI is a dedicated website and association that provides information about various conditions and treatments, education and training, practice resources, upcoming events and conferences; and the latest research.
- Aacap.org – American Academy of Child and Adolescent psychiatry is your one-stop education resource. It also gives first-hand information about the latest news and AACAP resources.
- Aad.org – This is a dedicated website for Dentists, where dentists from all across the world can stay connected and discuss various issues and concerns.
- Aan.com – Want to participate in events and conferences? Or want to get updated news of what is happening in the medical world? Then enroll and become a member of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Aao.org – This is an exclusive and dedicated site for the Ophthalmologists to get the latest news and resources from their community.
- Aaos.org – The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is the best site for surgeons to stay connected with their group and to access various available resources.
- Painmed.org – American Academy of Pain Medicine allows its members to explore health careers, view job, and internship listing; and to stay aware of various meetings, programs, and internships offered in the country.
- Aap.org – The American Academy of Pediatrics is an association dedicated to the pediatrician community.
- Aapmr.org – This is an academy and association for the physical medicine and rehabilitation community.
- Aace.com – American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists is an association that provides the latest news, research work, and clinical congress
- Aacom.org – From News to Events to community resources, the association connects Osteopathic medicine professionals.
- Aans.org – An Association that connects Neurological surgeons, and keeps them informed about the latest news, updates, and conferences.
- Abai.org – An Association and board for the Allergy and immunology professionals. On membership, one can attain license certification or apply for MOC exams.
- Abpn.com – A Non-profit corporation that is dedicated to promoting high-quality patient care for the public through continuing education and certification of psychiatrists and neurologists.
- Abop.org – A board that certifies doctors and surgeons who demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to deliver high standards of patient care
- Abos.org – ABOS establishes education and performance standards for orthopedic surgeons
- Abem.org – An organization that aims to ensure that the highest standard in the specialty of Emergency medicine is delivered by medical professionals.
- Abns.org – The main aim of the American Board of Neurological Surgery is to encourage studies, elevate the standards and advance the science of neurological surgery and improve the practice.
- Theabfm.org – The American Board of Family Medicine is highly useful for patients, and Physicians working for family medicine.
Medical – News Resources
It would be a huge understatement if we say that the Modern Medical Technology and industry is moving rapidly. With medical advancements, discoveries, ever-evolving illness, and legislations changing at a rapid speed, it is highly essential to stay at the forefront and work towards gaining knowledge and information on Medical News that matters. A journey mainly in this profession can be a bumpy ride if you are not able to stay abreast of the latest developments and news. While we can argue that other professions may or can survive without much exposure to the outside world, this can’t be vouched for the Medical Industry, as with each passing day, professionals in this sector face new problems and patients come up with plenty of health-related queries and concerns.
And, if you are not able to provide them with the needed information, you are treated almost like an uneducated, but with the advent of internet technology, you are blessed that you access all such information with the touch of a mouse. The internet is flooded with loads and loads of information, real-life examples, and wealth of other data that are crucial for your success in this domain.
To get your daily news of fresh and latest news and to stay updated with current events and development, you can refer the following trusted Medical Career Resources Links that covers all realms of health news –
- News-medical.net – An amazing Medical News page designed mainly for the Endocrinologist Community.
- Healthline.com – Want some fresh news, then the Healthline is the best site to visit. The contents of this page are verified by highly talented and reputed clinicians and then published.
- Who.int – From health news to outbreaks and upcoming news, this website can be referred to stay aware of different health-related topics.
- Blog.feedspot.com – This site gives you a list of 40 best medical news website links.
- Modernhealthcare.com – Modern Healthcare is regarded as the number one readership site among healthcare executives and is a must-read by all healthcare professionals.
- Medcareernews.com – The website covers all hot news and is regarded as the best new site among medical professionals.
- Myhealthtalent.com – Not just medical news, but readers can view this site to find a job, search employers, participate in conferences and events and join the medical community.
Medical – Books to Read
It is said, “Education is a journey without any destination”. Whatever may be your Medical career line, personal and professional development is crucial for continued success. Even a CEO and the one who has a superior level of experience can gain a new perspective and delve deeper into the industry with enhanced learning and education. Most of the successful medical professionals today have reached to this height due to continuous learning. Almost all the things that are learned today about the field come from the web and other sources like – blogs, online materials, resource sites, and expert’s advice.
From famous books to study medicine to the life experiences of Medical professions, almost every concept and title available relating to Medicine and healthcare are covered in the books. While internet resources are commonly preferred for reading and are in vogue, reading books can never run out of style. From the G.I generation to the Baby Boomers to the New Silent Generation, books are always regarded as the first-hand reliable source of information. If you want to earn, then you have to learn. There are plenty of books that have withstood with time and definitely, deserve a place in your bookshelf.
Walk into someone’s shoes or merely brush up your old studies or stay abreast of the latest innovation by picking the best books that we have shortlisted for you. Listed below are some best Book Resources that are a must-read, if you are in the Medicine or medicine-related domain –
- Meditations – A book written by Marcus Aurelius, setting forth his ideas on Stoic philosophy.
- Medicine – Want to make a career in medicine, then read this book to know about the field. A perfect career guidance book for all medical aspirants.
- Essentialism – Are you decluttered, or feel that you are not productive? Or feel you are hijacked by other people’s agenda, then read this book to remind yourself.
- Man’s Search for Meaning – The book portrays the real-life of the author and needs a place in your bookshelf.
- The Art of Learning – In this book, the author writes about his story of personal achievement and shares with the readers the various principles of learning and performance that made him reach the top – twice.
Medical – Video Resources
The way students study these days have changed drastically. With the advent of internet technology and digital modes of learning, aspirants and students can tap these resources to the optimum and are successful too. Medical Schools deliver and teach the needed education to the students, but as we all know, education and learning are an ocean and we have to be flexible enough to learn from all sources to improve our skills, abilities, and knowledge. Learning is easier, reliable, and faster in this digital era, you can learn whatever you need at any time and any age, with just a mouse-click. The learning potential offered by the Internet is incomparable and incredible, and there is an endless supply of videos and channels that deal and provide medicine and healthcare-related materials.
But again, to match the super-fast mindset of the present generation youngsters, and to keep them fixed to learning, plenty of sites have come up with a huge amount of medical information, data, research, stories, real-life examples, and so on.
Whatever may be your purpose of watching, you can refer to the following websites and make studying more fun and interesting –
Medical – Social Media Resources
Social Media has become the bread and butter of people these days. All Social media tools that are available for the medical career professional including social networking platforms, blogs, wikis, media-sharing sites, microblogs, virtual reality, and real-time shows are useful in some or other ways. These tools are used to enhance and develop professional networking and education, provide better patient care, educate patients, to deal with organizational problems, and know about public health programs. During a recent survey conducted on 5,000 physicians, it was discovered that more than 90% of the community use some kind of social media for personal activities and more than 75% of the medical professionals use the same for their professional growth. However, both personal and professional use of these social media Medical Career Resources is constantly increasing.
And not just that, having a strong and effective online presence helps medical and healthcare professionals to foster a healthy relationship with patients and providers. This is a principal tool for the newly empowered healthcare consumers for finding and acting upon authoritative information. You can enhance your knowledge by reading blogs that are posted on social media resources or just check them regularly to know about career development and the experience of others. Various such blogs can include – Social Media Examiner, Social Fresh, Copy Blogger, Buffer blog, and so on.
Listed below are some outstanding Medical Career Links that can connect you to various social media platforms –
Resumes At the Head
Now that you have decided to pursue your Medical job career, and want to write an ace resume for your job search? Whatever your needs may be, the first step you should do is to write a Professional Resume. A well-crafted Resume not only gives a strong first impression but also will bring a convincing sales pitch. The best Medical Resume should showcase your talents, qualifications, education, and experience to woo the Medical Recruiter.
For you, it may be a piece of paper, but for the hiring manager, this is the first proof of you and your talent. You can excel in your Medical Career, but how will you impress your potential hiring officer now? Before you can apply for your Medical job, you should concentrate on writing a Stellar Resume that contains all valuable information, because every day the hiring managers receive thousands and thousands of Resumes, and the only way you can fall into the eyes of the Employer is through an effective Medical Resume.
How to write the best Medical resume that will highlight your exceptional skills?
Don’t worry! This is simple as plugging and playing!
We have provided you with some useful list of Medical Career Resources that can give you a complete picture of how to write a professional Medical Resume.
- Each of our Medical Resume guides will provide you –
- Great Medical Resume templates that are 10 times better than any other resumes
- Excellent Resume tips, advice, and examples of how to include skills, and qualifications
- How to write a Medical Resume that can help you land more interviews
- How to get a Medical Resume for your no-experience background
- How to portray your experience on the Resume and get the job you want
- How to tailor your resume based on the Job description.
- Steps to update your Resume.
Still, want to know what’s the use of making a Good Resume?
Great Resumes get you Interview!
In reality, hiring companies get thousands of job applications. Most of these resumes go directly into the hands of the hiring managers. A good resume necessarily may not get you the job but it gives a guarantee for an interview. And this is why building a great resume is very important in the first place.
Why Prefer Qwikresume!
There are innumerable sites that offer resume templates online, but it’s difficult to find the one which is up-to-date with the prevailing Medical career Trends and which can help you search for the perfect job. We have assembled in our page an excellent collection of carefully Curated Job Resume Samples to help job seekers meet the demands of this ever-evolving job market. Our professional team of Career advisors are constantly working on new samples and are coming up to tweak existing ones so that they can highlight the latest hiring trends, job responsibilities, and qualifications.
It is highly impossible to offer a Resume sample for every Medical job title under the Earth, but we have done our best to provide that, and are even working on it more! While we keep working on developing our resume library, you can still be able to find a wide variety of resume samples for most major industries as well as a collection of newly designed Medical Resume templates that can be downloaded for free and customized as needed. Over here you can find professional resume samples tailored to suit every need of the Medical job seekers.